Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jannyjo

I am so sorry -- I know how confuseing and upsetting it can be

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
I'm joining again. I think we are officially trying now. After 13 months of breastfeeding I finally had three days of a very light period (29th-31st). As I'm not using any monitoring system beyond checking my CM, I don't think know if I've ovulated yet. I guess it's just a wait and see game.

Jen
i'll put you in waiting to O, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak View Post
Just checking in... no news to report, CD29, 9DPO.

Hoping to see lots of success stories soon! Here's to hoping for my October babe.

you have such pretty charts! looking good! : for your Oct babe!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM

BFN this morning using an FRE... not even a faint line. I'm 12DPO CD31, and there is still no sign of AF. My temps are still high. I'm holding onto hope, and trying so hard to be patient. Should I still be hopeful? Am I setting myself up for disappointment? I need cold hard realism here... I'll wait and temp again Thursday at 15DPO if nothing happens by then.

new and returning mamas... I hope your stay is short.

to mamas with funky cycles... You know I think a lot of it is part of nursing and our hormones trying to straighten out and all that. There are some options like Vitex and such if you aren't using anything already.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 02-12-2007, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

sorry janny, i didn't refresh my page before posting. i hope it's not af!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

eastkygal, i'd keep the hope. as long as af isn't here and your temps are up. i think testing again at 15 dpo is a good idea.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM

I need some prayers and good vibes. This whole charting thing is making me batty. I've been having crazy dreams about temping and not being able to, or having a fever, or not finding my thermometer. I wake up every few hours, and DH snores so I'm up for a little while trying to tune him out and go back to sleep. Last night I dreamed AF came along after I got a BFP and I still couldn't find my thermometer. : I was up every hour.

I have been feeling so tired lately... More than normal, and very hungry and thirsty. I don't know if it's nerves or what. Does charting affect anyone else like that? Any tips?

Sarah - thanks for the hope...

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Eastkygal: If you had late implantation, 12dpo would be too early to get a +. I would test in 2 or 3 days. :

Zak: Good luck to you

jannyjo:

Sarah: Thank you

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 02-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE]I have been feeling so tired lately... More than normal, and very hungry and thirsty. I don't know if it's nerves or what. Does charting affect anyone else like that? Any tips?[QUOTE]

yes, I'm having a tough time charting too. My fear is I won't get enough sleep to get an accurate temp and then I can't get to sleep because I'm so worried about it
No tips, but lots of empathy and prayers.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM

so how dos it all line up

the CM, the LH surge on teh POAS, and the actual O??

I know that from the pos POAS Otest it is 24 to 36 hours (brand I am useing).

so how does that fit with teh CM --- ??

Does the LH sugre and the CM coorlate?

???

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Hi I'm new, but could add me to the waiting to catch the first egg? I think it's just possible we O'd yesterday!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Thanks gals for the hugs. It looks like it was an anovulatory cycle and it really is AF, at least it was a short one. That cycle was only 17 days long. Lets hope that things get normal this time around.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 PM

jannyjo -- sorry . at least you didn't loose 30 or 35 days to it. I had cycles every 14 days like clock work for 6 months when AF came back. ugh.

Good luck for the new cycle....

A

Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
I need some prayers and good vibes. This whole charting thing is making me batty.
Sarah - thanks for the hope...
I tend to get rather obsessed with temping around O and then at the end of the TWW. I tend to get very excited to check my temp and wake up a few times too. Hopefully it will all be worth it for you soon!!!! And you're welcome! : for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
so how dos it all line up

the CM, the LH surge on teh POAS, and the actual O??
Well, in a *typical* cycle the CM picks up in the week leading to O then EWCM for 2ish days and then actual ovulation occurs on the last day of EWCM or the day after which is typically a "dry" day. I have found that my CM does not line up quite as nicely as it did when charting before DD. I've never used OPK so I can't tell you where those factor in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inskababy View Post
Hi I'm new, but could add me to the waiting to catch the first egg? I think it's just possible we O'd yesterday!
and : for ovulating!! Let me know if you'd like to go to the 2WW at any point. I added you to waiting for the 1st egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannyjo View Post
Thanks gals for the hugs. It looks like it was an anovulatory cycle and it really is AF, at least it was a short one. That cycle was only 17 days long. Lets hope that things get normal this time around.
That is true, if one is going to be anovulatory it's much better that it's 17 days rather than 45! (I had one of those: )

Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

Question for everyone:
How long are you willing to keep nursing if you do not become pregnant? I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I think that at 18 months I am going to try to cut down to 2X a day, but it is going to be extremely difficult (even saying "no" to nursing in line at the grocery starts WW3 with my daughter.)

If I still don't become pregnant within a few months after cutting down to 2X a day I am just not sure what I'll do... But my guess is that if we do get to that point I would very seriously consider weaning at 2 years.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 PM

did you get my PM

how many cycles have you been TTC

I have wondered that too -- but as we are only at 15 months......on cycle 6

It is a tough one -- ideally -- if DS was to be an olny or was our last I would not evern think weaning till 3rd birthday (though after 2 I would set some limits).............

buttttttttttttt he is our first, and i am set not to have him either be toooooo mcuh older or an only.

However I hesate to wean to get preggo cuz -- then what if you still don't get preggo??????? talk about really being in a tizzy : : I think this is really want is stopping all wean thought from my mind at this point -- what if his nurseing has nothing to do with why I am not yet preggo???

After 2 I will revisit it -- but if we are not preggo by then, we will be moving forward on an apodtion (I expect) so then, again, it won't matter.

However by 18 month I may consider night weaning -- for the sleep as much as the fertility. sleep, ahhhhhhhhhh has a nice sound to it, doesn't it. I'd rather nurse longer -- age wise -- adn just nurse at nap and bed and wake up times .. than to nurse all the time and stop with him younger -- does that make sense.

so it is a good question. but for me I feel I have a ways to go -- Night weaning, and colimd first before weaning

cuz again, whatif you wean -- going though WWIII to get there -- adn still don't get PG?? adn I'd liek to keep nurseing in my tool box for "chaseing tot while preggo" if I possible can -- or at least give it a try.

What does every one else think?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

I know what you mean, Aimee. What if you wean and never have another? I had no problems getting pregnant the first time around, had PERFECT cycles and I AM in my 20s, so I am not too concerned about it, but secondary infertility does happen. Still, I am about 99% sure that my current infertility is nursing related.

I've had 8 cycles and have had unprotected sex all throughout, but haven't been "trying" because I'm ovulating so late. So, I have WANTED to try all 8 times, but been unable to due to screwy cycles, late O, a very short LP, etc. Dear Lord if I could only have a normal, 28 day cycle with regular O like I used to (here I am on CD 31 with NO AF STILL!)

If this were my last child I would do CLW all the way, I'd nurse forever, but as it is - wanting five or more children - I feel like there may come a time where I do have to make a really difficult choice. I probably would not use fertility drugs if I were still nursing.

Yes, I did get your PM -THANK YOU! I am thinking about changing my name very seriously because it was one I came up with very arbitrarily.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
How long are you willing to keep nursing if you do not become pregnant?
I won't wean just to get pregnant. Breastfeeding is too important to us to wean. I want another baby, but I also want what's best for my current baby.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Old 02-12-2007, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Question for everyone:
How long are you willing to keep nursing if you do not become pregnant?
Well DD is 16 months and in an ideal world I would have gotten pregnant last cycle so they would be right at 2 years apart. Actually we just figured it and if I get pregnant THIS cycle they will be with in a couple weeks of each other so this cycle would be great too. I will definately consider night weaning at 18 months, in 3ish months. She is still nursing around 5ish times a day and 2-3 times a night depending on the night. I think I would night wean and give it another 3 or so months and then start using distraction to help decrease nursing with out having to say no or make it tramatic. I really want dd to nurse until 2. Past that I *think* I'll be okay with giving it up at long as it isn't tramatic. We want our children close in age but we are young and have no real reason we can't wait. So for us, I think it is most important to give dd want she needs first and then let the next one come to us when *everyone* is ready. This is just us and I know other families have other needs. This was a great question. I hadn't reallly thought about it but it lead dh and I into a good conversation. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Well DD is 16 months and in an ideal world I would have gotten pregnant last cycle so they would be right at 2 years apart. Actually we just figured it and if I get pregnant THIS cycle they will be with in a couple weeks of each other so this cycle would be great too. I will definately consider night weaning at 18 months, in 3ish months. She is still nursing around 5ish times a day and 2-3 times a night depending on the night. I think I would night wean and give it another 3 or so months and then start using distraction to help decrease nursing with out having to say no or make it tramatic. I really want dd to nurse until 2. Past that I *think* I'll be okay with giving it up at long as it isn't tramatic
I could have written that. Everything you said, that is how I feel too. That is exactly how I feel - 2 years for me is really the minimum I would like to nurse my dd. If I night wean at 18 mos that would put us to 3 nursings a day. After 2 years, I *think* I could be okay with gradual, gentle weaning.

It is hard because you want whats best for the baby you do have, but what my DH and I can't figure out which is more important - child-led weaning OR having a sibling that is reasonably close in age. He always says, "I don't remember breastfeeding, but I do remember the years of fun, learning and joy I got from being 20 months apart from my brother." They are still best friends. It's such a difficult decision.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM

I started having af when ds 1 was 12 months and I went back to work (long stretch with non ursing) a few days a week. I got pregnant right away, m/c, had 1 period, got pregnant, m/c, had 1 period got pregnant with ds2.

Ds 2 is now 13 months and no sign of af, BUT i am not working, so who knows.

I don't think I would try to limit nursing to conceive, I mean if my body is ready to support another baby, it'll happen. There are advantages to having them close, but there are advantages to having a ltitle more space to knwim?

Having 2 m/c between the 2 boys really forced me to let go of trying to control the whole process so rigidly, now I know that it'll come in its own good time, and there is no point in stressing about ti. I should just enjoy the time I have now. Even if I got pregnant tomorow, I could have 2x m/c and it would still take another 16 or 18 months.........

All that being said, I'm here aint I, and i have a closet full of pt's so I am still a little obsessed
Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM

I just don't have time to read all the posts right now..... but I would like to join all of you!

First what does BFN and BFP stand for? Just can't figure that out.

I am currently on CD 10 and just got Pre-seed in the mail today hey, can't hurt! We have been ttc for 1 year this month and doing the not preventing it-whatever happens kind of thing for 8 months before that. I've had af since my boy was 7 months. Just started temping last month, but still up at night with lo so they're not always accurate. My cycles have been regular 31 days every month since they started up again. My son was born on 11-7-04 and still nurses 3 times a day. It took 7 months to get pregnant with him not really trying and not knowing anything about cm etc. My luteal phase seems to be around 10 days.

Has anyone here used the TCOYF software? Do you like it? What are the differences between that and Fertility Friend??

Good luck to everyone Hope I'm not here long. Simon needs a sibling soon !!

Married to wonderful DH 10 yrs DS 9yrs self-weaned @ 3 1/2 yrs  TTC 3 yrs got preg 4 months after HSG with DS 4yrs self-weaned at 3 1/2 yrs  Hope to have more little ones but have secondary infertility issues so we'll just have to see what the future brings Enjoying homeschooling and farming
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 AM

I decided to nightwean DD for the reason of having another babe. I think she definitely was ready too, and knowing that nutritionally at that age there was no reason for her to nurse at night, I felt very comfortable with it. Not that I sleep much better with all these crazy charting dreams.

I think that if we aren't preggo by the time she is 2 I will gently wean completely. I want to be finished having children by thirty for a variety of my own reasons, and I definitely want them not have not much more than a 2 year age difference (preferably less than 2 years). I really don't think I would have a problem with weaning then. 2 years is a solid time period to nurse IMO, though I'm not against going longer if plans permit.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 AM

my fear -- re: weaning then not getting pg -- would be not just lost nurseing time, but going to that effort, effecting ds and STILL not getting preggo.

Pos O test tonight -- this afternoon it was slight but still neg so since it is pos now -- i jsut caught the start of it-- so next 24 to 36 hours.

but that still mean me O ing on CD 15 or 16, one better than CD 17 or 18 last cycle -- but still, i wonder, not early enoguh ?? Or will it be?? More EWCM this month, adn we are useing pre-seed too.

simonboy'smommy -- WELCOME and let your stay here be short. this is our first cycle with pre-seed too

Aimee

Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you lucky lkucky mommas

Quote:
I want to be finished having children by thirty
and

Quote:
we are young and have no real reason we can't wait
and

Quote:
I AM in my 20s, so I am not too concerned about it,

wanting five or more children
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

35 here and hopeing just for ONE more birth...................

Old 02-13-2007, 12:50 AM

James is just 2 years old...I think I'll continue to nurse on demand until probably September, that would put James at 33 months old. I don't think I'll wean completely at that time, but probably night wean at least...3.5 years is quite an age gap I think but doable I suppose. My reasoning is that James is VERY high needs, I don't think he could handle being force weaned before he's ready, hopefully at nearly 3 years old he'll have the cognative abilities to deal.

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Old 02-13-2007, 12:52 AM

LOL, I just turned 23, I'd like to be done having kids by age 30, but I want at least 4 children. Mainly just awaiting God's perfect timing...thats about all I can do.

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 AM
Banned

Yay Aimee! I don't think it's too late - I would go for it if I were you. I would go for any O under CD 20.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonboy'smommy View Post
First what does BFN and BFP stand for? Just can't figure that out.
big fat positive and big fat negative, basicaly for home pregnancy tests and sometimes it's used in regaurd to a OPK.
Quote:
I am currently on CD 10 and just got Pre-seed in the mail today hey, can't hurt! We have been ttc for 1 year this month and doing the not preventing it-whatever happens kind of thing for 8 months before that. I've had af since my boy was 7 months. Just started temping last month, but still up at night with lo so they're not always accurate. My cycles have been regular 31 days every month since they started up again. My son was born on 11-7-04 and still nurses 3 times a day. It took 7 months to get pregnant with him not really trying and not knowing anything about cm etc. My luteal phase seems to be around 10 days.
Wow, that is a long road! I hope your stay is extremely short!!

Quote:
Has anyone here used the TCOYF software? Do you like it? What are the differences between that and Fertility Friend??
i haven't used the TCOF software but that is mainly because you have to pay for it but you can use fertility friend for free. also it looks a bit more complicated to me but it probably isn't when you are in there doing your own chart.

Quote:
Pos O test tonight -- this afternoon it was slight but still neg so since it is pos now -- i jsut caught the start of it-- so next 24 to 36 hours.

but that still mean me O ing on CD 15 or 16, one better than CD 17 or 18 last cycle -- but still, i wonder, not early enoguh ?? Or will it be?? More EWCM this month, adn we are useing pre-seed too.
congrats on the OPK! I think Oing at CD 15/16 id perfectly fine.

Quote:
35 here and hopeing just for ONE more birth...................
yes, it certainly gives us different perspectives on things.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

maureen, we have been in sync on several things lately! what's going on!?!?

Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 AM

UG- I must really be the old lady of this group at 36!
The time to have kids 2 years apart has come and gone. I really don't want more than 3 years difference. What to do? I have thought about whether to wean. I know if DS has a say that the answer would be a big fat no! I am committed to nursing him until he self weans................but with the infertility issue that puts a different spin on the situation. It is such a difficult decision.
For now I am going to let things be. I have heard that at around 2 there is an increase in fertility. I have also heard from some mamas that had to completely wean in order to become fertile. I fear that is me because DS has gone for an extended period of time only nursing at night and still no AF. (of course he is a frequent night nurser).
Looking at my life now, I think that the larger gap is probably a blessing. We need the summer to finish the remodel on our house and add those bedrooms! Even though I enjoy cosleeping and that was the plan, we are "forced" to cohabitate all in one bedroom. Our house is so small. That works with one but I am not sure how it would work with 2!
Thanks for all your insight and wisdom.

User Tag List