~Nursing Mamas TTC in February~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 483 Old 02-16-2007, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Transylvania mom I haven't had a seconed period I had one last month Jan 5th and none since If your worried about it you can go see your ob thats what I did and there running some labs on me:
#182 of 483 Old 02-17-2007, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

eastkygal-I'm glad you are feeling and dealing okay! I hope explaining things to DH will help him be a bit more uumm "cooperative"

Christina- Honey, this is your first cycle, why are they so ready to start doing things? It is totally normal not to ovulate and have crazy cycles for a while. IMO (and only my opinion, not trying to offend you!) I wouldn't do anything artificial unless I had reason to believe there was a problem. I know there are moms here that use Clomid and others because they have a history of infertility or have reason to believe they have been cycling and Oing for a year or whatever, but I wouldn't jump to it unless you have reason to need a pregnancy soon. Your body will return to fertility when it is ready. Okay, I said my piece, I really don't want to offend you or come off as bossy or something I just don't want you to think that because your doc mentioned it that it is neccessary.

Alina- The only idea I have for you is my own experience with a weird, long cycle like that and it was my thyroid. If you have hypothyroidism or any sympotoms of it (weight gain, inability to loose, cold hands and feet, tired, thinning eyebrows, ect) I would have it checked. Ask for a TSH and make sure they tell you the number not if it is "normal". Normal ranges are crap for this. If it is higher than 2.0 I'd try to find someone willing to try a small dose and see if there are any differences. Of course this is only if you have sympotoms other than wacky periods. Sorry about the ramble, I am passionate about the problems thyroid issues can cause and they frequently go undiagnosed.

MeaganDid you test? :

I am on CD 17 and things are gearing up for O but I think I probably still have a couple days. My goal was to O by CD 20 this month. Last month was CD 23 so we'll see......

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#183 of 483 Old 02-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Sarah I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. There just running test at first to see whats going on because this is been way diffrent from when I BF my DD. And I know things will be a little off for a while but
#184 of 483 Old 02-17-2007, 03:43 PM

Sarah, Thanks for asking! IF I o'd (and that is a big if), I am 6dpo. I had some spotting, my cervix was very low and I had good cm. Next cycle I will temp because this is so vague. I just started Vitex, i had good success with it to conceive ds, so maybe soon:
I am crossing my fingers for you to o very soon.

re PCOS, I know someone asked about it a feew days ago and also has it. It took us 2 years to conceive ds and we tried clomid and it didn't work. it made me feel all crazy, too. We ended up doing accupuncture and Chinese medicine. With great success. One of the things I took was Vitex, so you can surely take it when you have PCOS. I have not detected anything change in my milk supply. My LC says if you have a well established supply, it is not that sensitive to things like Vitex, etc. So, I would definetely start it to bring back AF. AF came back to me at 8 month pp. So, I don't know if PCOS is the culprit. My friend who has no fertility issues is still waiting on hers, over a year pp. So I think in this regard everyone is different. I just lost all my pregnany weight ( a whooping 54 pounds) and I hope this will help. Weight loss is a good tool for helping with PCOS (if you have weight issues). One of my books says a 5% weight loss is often all that is neccessary to bring on o (that is without nursing)
Good luck. PCOS sucks, it is so hard to understand, so confusing. But we succeded once, we will do it again

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#185 of 483 Old 02-17-2007, 10:06 PM

thank you for answering, I'll go see my doctor and see if he has any advice for me.
Have a great evening.

caffix.gif

#186 of 483 Old 02-17-2007, 11:23 PM

Hi! It's nice to meet you all!

I had Royce on 6/7/05 and got my first ppaf when he turned 19 months---NYE actually (nice timing, eh) and then my second on 1/31. I had a surge this past Weds, according to the ovulation strips, and EWCM this week. We BDed Mon and Weds-Fri, and we might do it tonight just to cover our bases. Assuming that I did ovulate this week (and I did have the pinching on my right side), is it silly to test before the 1st? Are there any other signs I can look for?
#187 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 12:24 AM

i think that the AVERAGE for PPAF to a breastfeeding mom is like 14 to 16 months -- so if it is a mathmatical AVERAGE -- then there are going to be lowers ones (me at 7 WEEKS PP) and longer ones too -- to create that average........

just a thought.

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#188 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraRose View Post
re PCOS, I know someone asked about it a feew days ago and also has it. It took us 2 years to conceive ds and we tried clomid and it didn't work. it made me feel all crazy, too. We ended up doing accupuncture and Chinese medicine. With great success. One of the things I took was Vitex, so you can surely take it when you have PCOS. I have not detected anything change in my milk supply. My LC says if you have a well established supply, it is not that sensitive to things like Vitex, etc. So, I would definetely start it to bring back AF. AF came back to me at 8 month pp. So, I don't know if PCOS is the culprit. My friend who has no fertility issues is still waiting on hers, over a year pp. So I think in this regard everyone is different. I just lost all my pregnany weight ( a whooping 54 pounds) and I hope this will help. Weight loss is a good tool for helping with PCOS (if you have weight issues). One of my books says a 5% weight loss is often all that is neccessary to bring on o (that is without nursing)
Good luck. PCOS sucks, it is so hard to understand, so confusing. But we succeded once, we will do it again
Interesting about vitex, I was the one who mentioned it. I don't have PCOS issues, but recalled that there was a debate about it on another forum I belonged to when I was ttc previously. I am keen to try vitex again, I used it before when my system was out of whack from bcp. I have been loathe to do anything that could mess around with milk supply. I do want to do some research about all the hormones involved and what effect vitex could have...just don't know where to start :

Aimee - gosh 7 weeks is early for first ppaf!!

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#189 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 01:54 PM

I'm on CD21 today. Would it be silly to test Wednesday (CD24)?

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#190 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderngal View Post
I'm on CD21 today. Would it be silly to test Wednesday (CD24)?
It would depend on how many days past ovulation you are, usually it is best to wait till 14dpo, but if you have a sensitive test you could pick up as early as 9dpo. HTH

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#191 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 06:19 PM

I've read some conflicting info on Vitex. Some articles say it is not safe when pg but one herbalist says she recommends it during the first trimester. I only saw in one article where it is not recommended while bf. I am assuming that is because of the supply issue. : I decided to give it a try and have been taking it for 2 weeks. I`am monitoring closely for any milk issues and have not noticed any change. I tend to believe that if you are well established the risk is very small.
The way I understand that it works is by balancing your estrogen and progesterone levels. It does not introduce any hormones into your system. I am hoping that maybe it will just encourage my system to start ovulating. So far I haven't noticed any changes, but I think you need to take it a little while for it to be effective.

I have a question about B vitamins. Is it specifically B6 that is beneficial while ttc or would a B complex be effective?

I felt funky and very nauseated so decided to poas. Another wasted stick. I know it was just wishful thinking.
#192 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post

I felt funky and very nauseated so decided to poas. Another wasted stick. I know it was just wishful thinking.
If I had a dime for every wasted stick....... Sometimes I think we are going about this all the wrong way. Surely, my great-grandmother, who had 8 children in 15 years, neither peed on sticks nor charted her waking temps!
#193 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi mamas,
I am pretty shocked I tested yesterday and sure enough BFP!! This is our 4th month trying, so we are pretty excited.

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you all get your BFP's soon!!
#194 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 07:03 PM

i'm sorry Elaina

mommy to Jackson Congrats on the baby vibes to you
#195 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Charlotte I think testing on the 1st would be okay, you'd be around 15 DPO right? That's typically plenty of time. Good luck catching that egg!!! As far as symptoms, I'm not sure about while nursing, my nipples get sore before AF anyway so I can't call that a symptom for my self. When pregnant with my DD I just felt really off and out of place in my own skin. hard to explain and I'm curious if it will happen again.

Christina- I hope all turns out great!

Alina- Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Moderngal- It depends on when you Oed. I wouldn't test before 10 days and it is best to wait for 12 or 14 DPO. :

ElainaI take a B complex and B6. My B complex only has something like 5mg of B6 and I need to B6 to help my short LP so it is recommended to take between 50-200mg of it. So I take the complex and 100mg B6. If you have a good LP I don't know of any other reasons to take higher doses of B6. HTHs a little! Geez, I forgot you are waiting for you cycles to return. I don't have any idea what kind of impact the B vitamins would have in that case. Sorry!!! I'm also sorry about the neg test. It is hard NOt to get our hopes up sometimes!

Maureen- Yeah, I wonder about that too. How did they have so many children so close together!?! Probably because they weren't trying!

Meagan- WWHOOO HOOO!!! : :

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#196 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:15 PM

Hi ladies!

Sorry I have been so absent... crazy around here. I have lots to read and catch up on!

Well, with us not much going on.
-No AF since my first PPAF Dec 28
-No good temp rises
-No EWCM
-Started Vitex again last Saturday
-Got O pains
-BD'd a twice....lame I know... we are lame.. sigh.
-Have watery CM (hope of fertility returning)
-Dizzy and have nausea today (either a good sign OR a stomach bug brewing)

Check out my chart in my sig for the details... ah well.. If we conceived this month then EDD would be right around DS second birthday.

Of to read,,,then sleep.. I feel yukky...

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#197 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 10:21 PM
zak

Congrats, Meagan! Woo-hoo!! :

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#198 of 483 Old 02-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

Congratualtions Meagan! Wonderful news!

Question: My last AF was 11 days long.... This current one started Thursday and is pretty much over today (Sunday.) Do you know what this could mean, if anything? Does that sound like a super short period to anyone else?
#199 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jackson View Post
Hi mamas,
I am pretty shocked I tested yesterday and sure enough BFP!! This is our 4th month trying, so we are pretty excited.

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you all get your BFP's soon!!
CONGRATS : :

Elaina - sorry on the --
I did the same thing last week. I am also thinking about using vitex. I read it can take up to 3 months for it to have any effect.
I have been trying to take vitamins as per Patric Holfords, Optimum Nutrition, but feel like I am swallowing handfulls of pills and spending a fortune, it did help me when ttc my previous one.

Linda - hope that you do NOT have a stomach bug brewing!!

I think I may actually have O'ed, or got quite close to it in the last few days. Something is definitely happening.... Looks like dropping the afternoon feed is helping - hope so - though ds2 is feeling unwell and wanting to nurse all the time at the moment.

#200 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:32 AM

Congrats Meagan. That is great news!
:

I've wondered what "home remedies" they may have tried "way back when" when trying to concieve, or not. I think there was a lot more of just leaving it up to God!
#201 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Congrats Meagan. ---- how ownderufl -- how long had you been trying?

6 DPO here

I am OLD

offically AMA NOW

going to a new OB today

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#202 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Trying to not to get my hopes up, but tell me what you ladies think:

We DTD on the 4 and 11th of February. I am pretty sure I o'd in between the two, just not sure which day since I don't temp, just go by CM. It could have been the 7th 8th 9th or 10th since I had tons of EWCM those 4 days.

So I'm one of the following 12, 11, 10 or 9 DPO just not sure which :

Anyway, I started getting slight nausea 2 nights ago, nothing too bad, went away once I ate dinner. This morning though has been a totally different story! I took DD to the supermarket to get some things. We had breakfast before we left because I was starving. We got to the supermarket and I got hit with a wave of nausea I had to close my eyes and concentrate to keep from throwing up. The supermarket was a nightmare because all I wanted to do was go home and be sick, but I managed to get through it. Thank GOD DD was good and sat in the cart for me.

I'm home now, drinking a cup of lemon tea to try to calm my stomach and it's a little better but I still feel sick. No other symptoms, no headache, no fever, nothing to make me think stomach flu. I thought maybe food poisoning, but DD and BF ate the same breakfast and are fine. I have a YI too that started 2 days ago, but I've never heard of one making you sick to your stomach.

I can't test until Friday when I get paid, I don't have the extra money to buy them until then, but does it sound like maybe this is a possibility?

Edited to add: I've also had slight cramping for the past 2-3 days. I never cramp before AF shows, which is not for over a week away. UGH, I hate all these symptoms that get my hopes up!

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#203 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 PM

I think I may be pregnant but I'm not going to get my hopes up yet. It's only been a week and half since I should have ovulated if the spotting at the end of Jan was really a period. But I have a symptom that I only get when I'm pregnant. It's kinda weird but I smell "funny" down there for about the first month of a pregnancy.

Then there's the pregnancy test. I have those strips that you get in bulk off ebay. Normally when you test the "window" smudges pink and you get a darker pink tester line straight away. Then the window fades to white and you are left with the pink tester line and if you are lucky a second pink pregnant line. Well when I POS I get a white line in the pink smudge (for about 1 minute), which disappears as the background turns to white.

It's probably me being obsessive and crazy but I'm hoping that white line turns to pink by the first of March.

I'm crossing my fingers!

Good luck to everyone else!

Jen
#204 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Congratulations, Meagan!

ScootchsMom and jenangelcat - sounds like both of you could be pregnant! You never know. The only way to know is to POAS or just keep waiting!

As for me, I'm just patiently waiting for my DPO count to increase. ("Patiently" = wishful thinking.) According to Fertility Friend, I'm at 4dpo today. I should wait until 14dpo to test, but I think I'll go ahead and test on Sunday (10dpo). If I get a BFN, I'll wait until 14dpo and test again.

Anyone care to join me for POAS Sunday?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#205 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Ladies,
How can I put a FF chart in my signature?
#206 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM

I'll join. I only have 7 tests left so I have to start spreading them out. Sunday is so far away!
#207 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 03:42 PM

I'll join in for POAS Sunday! lol. I think I can wait until Sunday instead of Saturday, plus it will be more accurate, lol.

Hopefully more will join us for Sunday

Edited to add - I am now having some very light spotting, almost not there kind of spotting, except I can see it when I wipe. It's over a week too early to be AF. Can implantation spotting show up 2 days after what I felt/thought was implantation?

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#208 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM

I am On for SUNDAY too -- accrding to FF my first test date is Saturday -- but I will be gald to wait one day longer and test with a buddy.

Sunday will be 12 DPO for me.

Quote:
Edited to add - I am now having some very light spotting, almost not there kind of spotting, except I can see it when I wipe. It's over a week too early to be AF. Can implantation spotting show up 2 days after what I felt/thought was implantation?
no idea -- did not implant bleed last time -- but i do know, or at least think i do, that implanting is a process more than an event -- so it could still be "going on" KWIM?? My understanding, sorry if i am wrong.

For some wreid reason i feerl really good about this month -- i bet that means a NEG for me

If we caught the eggie this month -- then the due date will be about 9 days before Theo's birthday.......which is great (before or after is fine, just not ON). If we failed, next cycle is the last cahnce for us to have an 07 baby.

We have been to town shooping the last three days -- so Theo ( 20 pound and 9 oz now) in the sling most of the day -- last two days, esp yestday i had such a lower back ache -- the tired feeling, ache, tired, ugh feeling but not "OMG this hurts" more unconfortabtle.........yeaterday would have been 5 DPO and possible the beginning of implantaion (???? or am i off, without getting out my book i can't quite remember)................more wishful thinking i am sure why do i even keep thinking this way after being crushed month after month?????

met the new OB today -- she is good, i think I will stick with her, i do not have the physical or emotional energy to go out meeting OBs iwth a 15 month old in tow. only 4 Doc in teh office. I have more birth questions to ask, generally, but i think -- really -- save a gu-ho "let's cut" doc or a shy uneducated mom (esp a first time one) -- if you are prepared, have a doula, know what to expect and keep on top of it -- i am not tooooo sure that the doc can really make or break the birth -- i know people will disagree but after a failry bad birth with a "great" CNM -- i think the provider is only a part of it. and the less in to natural they are -- the more hands off -- the more you can do alone or with the doula. or so i am telling myself cuz i jsut can't keep ob shopping.

We talked a little about my first birth (33 hours labor, forcepts, SGA baby, ect) and she was a littel conceren i had so much touble pushing out a 5 pound 9 pz baby -- buttttttttttt given the stress in the room from conflict with CNM and Howwwwwwwwwww totllay beyond tired i was....... i don't expectt aht to repeat. When i get Preggo I will sign a release for her to get my pregancy records from teh CNM.

About fertility she says she feels that CM and OPK are just as good as temping, and a lot more realistioc for her mom's. then you don't have to stress about "is it lack of sleep" or "is it the 30 minute time differnce" or temping without a tot heling, or whatever -- all of which she feels add more anxiety adn stress to the equasion.

She wants to give it 3 month months -- since I have proven i can get pg on my own. then she wasnt to try a couple of things, no discussioon of weaning. if I had never been pg she'd be more apt to start something now, or it i was not Oing at all.

we talked about my BF paln: she didn't really ask...i kind of offered when i told her we wold only do low-key stuff to try to assist fertilty, and i commented i didn't intend to totally wean for fertility -=- though nightweaning after 18 month as possible as i might do that wehn i get preggo anyway for the sleep and to avoid having two night nursers PP. I told her
  • I will consider weaning him if there are colication with the pregancy that can be address otherwise, that will ahve to be decided at teh time
  • I will let him walk away on his won if she choosed to with the taest cahges ro the syupply drops
    otherwise
  • we will nurse through the pregrency and see how tandam nurseing work -- again deciding at that time if it is working for us or if he needs more limites
    the goal
  • being to nurse well past 2 till he has the language and a little more coping skills and cog skills to handle the wean better and more eaiely -- again based on how the TN is going, or not, and that relationship with his sib...

she said that was well thought out and reasonable. she commented tha ti seem to have really given this consideration and that was good -- as TTC and pregtancy while nurseing, or jsut having a small child, require a lot of thought.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo come on Sunday -----------

(though as fgood as things look now -- i can just go ahead and move back to waiting to O -- murphy won't let me get a pos)

Aimee

#209 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Congrats, Meagan!!

I'm CD 22, my cycles are usually 26 days. I don't chart, so I don't know when I O'd. I just came off a loooong cycle, so I have no idea what's going on. I can wait to test, but obviously the sooner the better. The waiting is the worst part.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#210 of 483 Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Aimee-
Sounds like you had a great meeting with the new OB.

I am considering going to a MW for a check up and pap and then to bring up TTC.. hmm... I might. I thin I would feel better talking about it with a professional.. maybe. I will see what my options are aroudn here and I should get my old medical records too.. good thinking.

nothing new here.. low temp... my belly is still kinda upset.. but I sometimes get colitis so I could be getting ready for a bout of that. eh..

Just for kicks I will test Sunday too... (it will be two weeks after we bd'd when I had goodish CM)... who knows! Might as well try!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page