~Nursing Mamas TTC in February~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
VOWED I will not even tell him I'm pregnant until 8-12 weeks (if I can avoid it.)
I don't know -- if as Sarah said DH would be pissed -- maybe -- but i know i jsut could not do it.

Last time I had a wrapped gift i was going to go to work and put in his car whil he was in the office. wellllllllllllllll stupid ME I took a test on a Frdaiy monring BEFORE WE WENT OUT OF TOWN TOGETHER to see his sick mom. I came back to bed and he said "what is hell is going on you are grinning ear to ear -- are you pregant" -- so he knew within 45 seconds.

COME ON SUNDAY

is an oily face ever s sign of PG ? my face is teen-like yesterday and today.....

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#242 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I forgot about the Sunday testing! Yeah! I'm so excited for some positives!!

Temp still low today. Hardley any CM yesterday, really thought it would go up....hhhmmmm oh well. it will eventually i'm surre.

: for Sunday!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#243 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM

Hey ladies. I've been meaning to come back on here and thank you for all of your responses to my questions. I really enjoy hearing about all of your experiences.

To those that use/d vitex, how does it work? How do you take it? Should I try to induce an AF first before using it? Where do you get it at?

Fingers crossed for those testing on Sunday, its always exciting to hear of another person's success!

Dani
#244 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 02:17 PM

AF has been here for 8 days. I think today is the end of it though. DD has had rotavirus. : She was in the hospital one night, and is still sick. Has been since Saturday. DH and I are both sick now as well. I'm wondering if this month is a write off. DD is nursing like crazy and that is one of the only things she wants to take in. I feel so bad for her.

Sarah - sorry about your sick little one as well.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#245 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering if this month is a write off
accroding to murphy -- THIS IS The month you WILL get preggant...

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#246 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

Yes, my husband would be upset but he'd get over it. He pretty much agrees with me that pregnancy is "my" domain! Plus, he would still be the first one I'd tell. Last time I waited until 8 weeks to tell anyone I was pg (my DH knew) and looking back I feel that was very risky and also made the pregnancy seem super long. So, this time I am telling DH and then not anyone else until 20 weeks or until I can't hide it anymore! But who knows, I was extremely sick last time starting at 5 weeks and there was just no hiding my green gills.....
#247 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 PM

Just checking in on everyone I started spotting again last night and had another fit of nausea (couldn't eat dinner, BF even asked what was wrong with me that I looked funny), but the spotting is gone again : It's just wierd because I have NEVER spotted before, no midcycle spotting, no pg spotting with DD, nothing, so I really don't know what to think : I'm starting to think that I BETTER be pregnant, or this is all for nothing, lol.

aimee - I don't know about the oily face. When I pg with DD I got so dry and broke out in a horrible rash. I still have the rash and it flares up when I'm getting AF. Not looking forward to that again.

eastkygal - I agree with Aimee on the murphy's law theory

tweetpeasmom - I only started hearing about vitex since coming here, but I've read on a number of posts that it can dry up your milk. You might want to check on that if you want to continue nursing too.

esmlranch - Yea! for 20 month olds Adrianna goes through spurts where she nurses like a maniac, then days like today, she didn't ask until nap time. She's a pretty good eater, if you give her what she wants - namely chicken, chicken soup, chicken fingers, baked chicken, lol. We get her to eat other stuff by telling her its chicken And I have to sneak veggies into her, she won't touch them otherwise. I've gotten lazy and she has been having too much sugary stuff lately, so I am back to watching what we eat and monitoring her a little better. I don't mind a cookie here or there, but it was getting rediculous with grandma, grandpa, friends etc, giving her stuff, then she wouldn't eat her dinner :

sarahn4639 - I have a night-nurser too. She is finally begining to taper off a little at night, except now when she is sick : I'm just trying to wrap my head around possibly having 2 night-nursers :

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry! Hopefully we will have a lot of good news on Sunday!!!!

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#248 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Yes, my husband would be upset but he'd get over it. He pretty much agrees with me that pregnancy is "my" domain! Plus, he would still be the first one I'd tell. Last time I waited until 8 weeks to tell anyone I was pg (my DH knew) and looking back I feel that was very risky and also made the pregnancy seem super long. So, this time I am telling DH and then not anyone else until 20 weeks or until I can't hide it anymore! But who knows, I was extremely sick last time starting at 5 weeks and there was just no hiding my green gills.....
I told BF as soon as I got the first BFP. Saw the OB 3 weeks later to confirm, and BF told everyone before I could even process the info! He was happy, but it kind of sucked to have everyone know so soon. I'll tell him as soon as I get a BFP again, but I am swearing him to secrecy until I am ready to tell people. Especially because I have alot of decisions to make about my maternity care this time and I really don't want their opinions on my birth choices, ya know?

#249 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM

eastkygal -- let me tell you have we caught the eggie for Theo.

we were at dinner, driving home to DTD as we had a pos O-test. got to the drive way -- talking about this kid we were gonna go make.....BIL calls, MIL had been air lifted to the Hosptial -- they thought she had a stroke. sooooooooo at 8 pm we were not DTD but driving to KC -- 4 hours. got there, SIL, and both BIL were there it was mid-night, no stroke, no clue either. so at 3 am -- 2 hours short of 24 up for both of us and 1 hour short of it for BIL we decide to go get a hotel, get a few hours sleep, and showers and deal with our hinting dogs in the SUV -- we get to hotel -- BIL asleep in one bed DH say to me "to night in the night, isn't it" -- he knew it was, that was all we'd talked about at dinner -- I tell him yes, so we sneak in teh bathroom and do the deed in the shower as fast, careful,a nd queit as possible.

we spernt a week in KC 18 + hours at the hosptial, drove back to IA so DH could appear in court (law enforcemnt) then drove back to MO for more 18 hours days, then back to Iowa for 3 day. then the morning we were getitng up to go back to KC as MIL was still in ICU and having sugery that day -- I got a pos test and we knew we had Theodore .................

so I know God is in control and chooses when -- but I think Murphy is his best freind and advisor.

keep the faith

Aimee

#250 of 483 Old 02-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Aimee what a story
#251 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM

just curious if there are any nursing/breast related symptoms for af? I haven't gotten any so far (been cycling since oct) but i'm having some odd breast symptoms...

(and maybe pg)

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#252 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
just curious if there are any nursing/breast related symptoms for af? I haven't gotten any so far (been cycling since oct) but i'm having some odd breast symptoms...

(and maybe pg)
I don't have any breast symptoms except that when AF is about to start my milk supply drops dramatically. Before DD I had sore boobs when I was getting AF, now, nothing. When I got PG with DD I didn't get sore boobs until about a week after I knew, so it wasn't a sign for me. What symptoms are you having?

#253 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootchsMom View Post
I don't have any breast symptoms except that when AF is about to start my milk supply drops dramatically. Before DD I had sore boobs when I was getting AF, now, nothing. When I got PG with DD I didn't get sore boobs until about a week after I knew, so it wasn't a sign for me. What symptoms are you having?
hello me again my temps indicate ovulation which is why I was pretty confused. my signs are post o signs (yes I have pms my entire LP) yet I was pretty sure I o'd 10 days ago with these signs showing up like 3-4 days ago.

they are supply dip, sore nipples/breasts, cramping and mood swings. and nausea but that's not directly related to ovulation and/or af/pregnancy. just something I get now and then and have to deal with link in my siggie if you wanna take a look I talked to dh last night about ttc and he said he'd consider it haha.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#254 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
talked to dh last night about ttc and he said he'd consider it haha.
that is o we are on month 6, DH insists we are on month 3 -- I ask about the first three months without BC DTD like 4 times a week.......

"well I wasn't trying yet" -- like he has aim special or something

#255 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
"well I wasn't trying yet" -- like he has aim special or something

That is soo funny it sounds like my DH all the way

Errr my DH forgot his wallet today and he ran out of gas And yesterday Christopher lost my keys so he is screwd right now lol
#256 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM

well the keys have to be in teh hosue right..........

Aimee

#257 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM

question

ok we are all POAS addicted. We all POAS waaaay tooooo sooooon -- and get neg tests.

we always tell ourselves "well it was jsut too early" (and usally it was )

but

here is my question.....

has anyone ever gotten a "too soon" neg and then gotten a POS when the tiem was right?

Aimee

#258 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
has anyone ever gotten a "too soon" neg and then gotten a POS when the tiem was right?
No, but I've heard of it, lol. I'm pretty good at waiting until the right time to test though.

Why? Did you test already?

#259 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 PM

So, is anyone else having symptoms? Or am I the only nut? lol.

Here's mine:

Severe nausea - almost ot the point of getting sick.
Tired and cranky - but I've been sleeping fine.
Spotting - off and on, off right now.
Crampy - very very light, and seems to run in conjunction with the nausea.

I want to test tomorrow, but I'm afraid its going to be too early so I'm hanging on for Sunday!

I'm going to take DD out this afternoon just to get out of the house. It's supposed to snow here again, and we'll be stuck in again tomorrow

#260 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 PM

no

-- COME ON SUNDAY --

but the biggest things keeping me from it -- asided from testing with you all -- is that fear that once i get a neg -- even a "too early neg" I will NOT a pos -- as i f the Neg is somehow then SET

KWIM??

A

#261 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
no

-- COME ON SUNDAY --

but the biggest things keeping me from it -- asided from testing with you all -- is that fear that once i get a neg -- even a "too early neg" I will NOT a pos -- as i f the Neg is somehow then SET

KWIM??

A
That is exactly what is stopping me from testing tomorrow morning! I am so nervouse to get a neg that isn't a definite negative. The longer we wait, the more accurate it will be.

#262 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Been MIA forever, but thought I'd drop in and hopefully keep up this time!

I'm 7dp as far as I can tell My Chart. I had cramping and spotting at O time ... and more cramping and spotting yesterday w/ my major temp dip. The cramping felt more like af coming than anything, but the spotting has stopped and nausea has kicked in. I'm SO hoping this is it, but not counting on it. I'd test wil you all on Sunday, but I'll only be 10 dpo and really don't want to be disappointed. Maybe if the nausea doesn't go away. I'll most likely wait until Tuesday (12dpo). After a 50 day cycle and a 40 day cycle, I'm just excited that I may have a cycle that's less than 35 days!!!

Congrats to all the BFP's - I hope all of us join you soon!!!

mama nym
#263 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetpeasmom View Post
To those that use/d vitex, how does it work? How do you take it? Should I try to induce an AF first before using it? Where do you get it at?
Dani, Sorry I don't have any info on taking vitex. I do believe that it will bring a period on its own though. It is supposed to help your hormones regulate themselves so usually after a couple months it will kick in a period and help get things regulated. This is my take on the limited research I've done on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
AF has been here for 8 days. I think today is the end of it though. DD has had rotavirus. : She was in the hospital one night, and is still sick. Has been since Saturday. DH and I are both sick now as well. I'm wondering if this month is a write off. DD is nursing like crazy and that is one of the only things she wants to take in. I feel so bad for her.

Sarah - sorry about your sick little one as well.
Oh my gosh, eastkygal! I'm so sorry! That is much scarier than a fever! I hope your sweet little daughter it getting better! I was worried that dd may have gotten rotavirus too as she started having diahrea yesterday after a few days of fever but thankfully she seems okay today. Her fever is finally gone! What are the symptoms of rota? poor baby! I hope she kicks this soon, for both of your sakes! It is really hard having a sick babe!

Could the long perios be stress related? I don't know of that happening but I wouldn't write this month off yet unless you feel you couldn't handle it at this point. In another week or son things may be totally different. I hope you are all feeling better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
We told at 5 weeks. My mom and sister knew we were trying and I couldn't hold out any longer! You are a stronger woman than I to be able to not even tell dh! I think I would physically burst! Well that and he'd notice I didn't have a period......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post

(and maybe pg)
I get really tender/sensitive nipples at BOTH O and AF. It is totally normal for the hormones to affect your breasts but if it hasn't been until now I'd be pretty suspicious! What DPO are you?

Well my temp is up a bit but not over where I'd put the cover line. DH just finally caught an last night that we were bd more than normal. He seemed to be quite offended that I would just use him when I was Oing. I purposely didn't tell him this month so he DIDN'T feel used! I'm pretty sure he got over it

Sunday Testers-What DPO will you be? I'm just curious! Wish I could test with you all! :

#264 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mama nym- I totally understand the excitement about a shorter cycle. I've had the 40+ day cycles for quite a while. My last one was 35 days! Yeah! I hope the nausea is a good sign and not just nausea! : for you!

#265 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
We told at 5 weeks. My mom and sister knew we were trying and I couldn't hold out any longer!
we started telling the day of the pos test -- so day 17 DPO

I will be 12 DPO on Sunday -- one day later than FF suggests testing

Dh alwasy SAYS he feels used -- but never refuses to DTD sooooooo i tend not to believe him. If one was truely offended, they wouldn't DTD -- correct?

nurseing is odd -- pulls a lot, not really uncorftable -- but i notice it more than normal?

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#266 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM

AIMEE I'm i'm really pulling for you and keeping all fingers and toes crossed for your And yeah the keys should be in the house Christopher hasn't learned how to open the door yet
#267 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 PM

that is ok -- Theo hid a remote (for the surround sound system) from us for over 5 weeks. normal sized, silver, FIVE WEEKS. finally found it behind a baby gate -- at the bottom of the stairs (between gate and bottom stair...........................

#268 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi gals. Sorry to be missing again, but we have all be doing a round of the sickies. I have it right now, but getting signs of O, so not sure if we are gonna try and catch the eggie, or if I feel too awful. I am going to catch up on the last 4 pages now.
#269 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 PM

sucks to be sick at O time -- but I'd go for it anyway -- O time come so few and far between -- If I ever didn't, I'd spend 4 weeks till next O kicking myself

A

#270 of 483 Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 PM

Aimee that is funny about the remote I tore my front room apart looking for my keys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page