Reiki and TTC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a pretty successful cycle last month except it didn't end in conception. Now, I've had a headache with the onset of AF for 3 days. I was planning to go this cycle without supplementing with anything as I did last cycle except my prenatal vitamins, since things were pretty okay. O on CD19 with a 13 days lp. I got a high score on BD too. I don't have a lot of CM and my EWCM came 2 days before O and changed to scant and watery for the 2 days before o.

So, I'm wondering if Reiki might could help my headache (1) and TTC (2). I could probably only afford 1 session. My sis who is a massage therapist says I shouldn't see anyone who isn't Level 3 at least, but preferably a Master. She says they could project their energy onto me accidentally etc... Anyway, bad. So, I'm a little leary. Any thoughts?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#2 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM

huh? IMO your sister is misinformed. I am a reiki three and I do attune people ( I just don't like calling myself reiki master) I have no idea what your sister is talking about regarding "projecting their energy on you" since she seems to mean it in a negative way. Reiki goes where it's needed. There is a personal freedom or responsibility componant in that if subconsiencely someones dis-ease serves a need in them it won't help. So it isn't a cure all, against someones will. At least that is the way I was taught.
#3 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 07:14 PM

Arduinna do you think that Reiki can help someone who has been ttc for awhile ? I am really curious, I don't know much about it but I am interested.
#4 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 07:42 PM

:
#5 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Arduinna do you think that Reiki can help someone who has been ttc for awhile ? I am really curious, I don't know much about it but I am interested.
I think it can yes. Although I personally feel that exploring any possible mental blocks to conceiving is just as if not more important. If there any fears or unresolved issues that need to be addressed they should be. Have you read the Whole Person Fertility Program? I think it's a good resource in exploring the mind/body connection as it relates to fertility.
#6 of 11 Old 02-15-2007, 10:49 PM

I have experience with Reiki and Reiki 1 and 2 training. IMO Reiki would be a wonderful thing to try while TTC. If nothing else it will help relax you and clear your body, possibly regulate your hormones and keep things flowing. The energy will go where it is needed. See if you can get a reccomendation for someone. Really though, having the energy work can do no harm. It can only help, so why not give it a try?
BTW I personally have used Reiki to try to regulate my hormones and get my cycles going again. Unfortunately, with a toddler I am not able to attend regular sessions........................
Good luck!
#7 of 11 Old 02-16-2007, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

My sis didn't mean that they would do it purposefully. She just meant that if they weren't completely skilled and they had any negative energy themself, it could filter to me. This is what she learned from her school and a friend who is a Reiki student.

I'd really love to try it, but am so limited on funds. Could only one or two sessions be helpful, or is a committment like going to the chiro for the first time?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#8 of 11 Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM

All I can say is it is completely contradictory to my training and personal experience for that to happen as a part of reiki.

Yes I'd go ahead, there isn't a requirement to do x amount of sessions.
#9 of 11 Old 02-17-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
huh? IMO your sister is misinformed. I am a reiki three and I do attune people ( I just don't like calling myself reiki master) I have no idea what your sister is talking about regarding "projecting their energy on you" since she seems to mean it in a negative way. Reiki goes where it's needed. There is a personal freedom or responsibility componant in that if subconsiencely someones dis-ease serves a need in them it won't help. So it isn't a cure all, against someones will. At least that is the way I was taught.
I agree with all above, and to take it a step further... my Reiki training stressed that the Reiki practioner is almost essentially just a bystander, just a person asking for the energy to come to this person and assisting with directing the energy to them. One of the main points of Reiki is for the practioner to set aside their ego and expectations, because we have no control over where the Reiki ultimately goes and what good it accomplishes, that is ultimately directed by the receivers highest self. And the more the practitioner can find that "zen" spot in their sessions then the more pure and strong the Reiki energy will come though. But even if the energy comes through weakly the quality of the energy remains the same. There isn't a personal energy transference with Reiki itself. Now the fact that you are in a room with the practioner and are allowing them to be in your personal space and most likely lay their hands on you, can certainly allow there to be a transference of negative energy, but this would be the same for a massage therapist and also the person you get squashed up against in a subway or that you walk past in the hallway. If your Reiki practioner is an uphappy person and is focusing all their thoughts on their unhappiness while doing the session it would surely rub off on you, but that isn't because they are a Reiki practioner, it would be a product of you spending intimate time with a negative person. There are some Reiki masters that have not done the necessary internal emotional work and I certainly wouldn't let them in my energy field so to speak, but that doesn't have anything to do with Reiki, it has to do with them as a person and them not imbibing the Reiki principles yet. So a higher attunement level defintely doesn't automatically mean they have it more together and won't put their "stuff" on you.

My only advice to you is to pick your Reiki practioner with the same care you would pick any other service provider. If you don't feel comfortable, then they probably are not for you. And try to not assume you'll get one you love the first time so that you leave yourself room to say, "you know that wasn't the best experience, let me try someone else."

My clients have told me that they have received Reiki from other people and they didn't feel anything, so there are definitely variations in the strength of Reiki. A Reiki master has had more attunements and so in theory will have a stronger flow of Reiki. But you may find a great experience with someone who already had a natural affinity to healing but who could only afford Reiki I...it is really impossible to say because there is so much variety out there. And then to make it even more complicated, how Reiki "feels" to you can be completely different than how it "feels" to someone else, making the experience very subjective.

And no, Reiki does not require the time committment that chiro. care does. Chiro care builds on each session, but Reiki is what it is. Whatever you need at the time of that session is what you'll receive. And if you never receive Reiki again it doesn't diminish what you received that session. Regular Reiki care can be life changing for sure, but a session a year is going to be great also. There are many stories of people with chronic illnesses being cured after receiving Reiki every day, so those stories are out there. But also, I have one client that I see maybe once a year, but that just means that at least once a year she it totally and completely relaxed. Would it be better if she got that relaxation once a month? Absolutely! But I sure wouldn't pass up being that relaxed once a year either...heck even once in my life would be better than never.

Do what works for you. Some practitioners charge a lot so it can be tough I know. Generally the pricing matches the local massage therapists rates. It can really vary though.

Also, Reiki masters who teach and do attunements have different ways of doing things, so who a person learns from can affect how they view the philosophy. The person this idea came from may have a teacher who doesn't stress the emotional aspect heavily until the Master level, I don't know. My personal training laid all of that out there at the very beginning and in my background before my training I already knew about keeping my energy to myself. In my session as soon as I lay my hands on my client I feel like I'm checking in with them and no matter what I get back from them I find my "zen" spot and take lots of deep breaths and the more I take, the more they take and as they settle down with the Reiki energy then it doesn't even become an issue any more of either of us exchanging our personal energy, and at the end I am just as relaxed as they are and emotionally I am neutral.

Here is a good website, and you can even receive free long distance treatments.

I hope this helps. By the way, just in case it came across otherwise, I my chiro and my regular chiro schedule and I my massage therapist.

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#10 of 11 Old 07-01-2014, 04:27 AM

I have experience with Reiki and Reiki 1 and 2 training. Allison Eaton is offering Reiki Courses and Reiki Training with the experience of years in the field of Reiki and Yoga.

Reiki Level I/II Training
In Reiki Level I, you will be attuned to the Reiki healing energy, learn how to give a full and effective Reiki session to others and yourself and receive Reiki Level I Certification. No prerequisites are required for Reiki Level I. All levels are welcome. In Reiki Level II, you will receive the second level Reiki attunement, learn the Reiki symbols, Distance Reiki and receive Reiki Level II Certification. Reiki Level I is a prerequisite to Reiki Level II.
Reiki Level III/Master Training
In Reiki Level III, you will receive the third level Reiki attunement and symbols, learn Aura Clearing (Psychic Surgery), Reiki Crystals and the Crystal Healing Grid, Reiki Sound and Color Therapy and receive Reiki Level III Certification. Reiki Level II is a prerequisite for Reiki Level III. In the Reiki Master Teacher Class, you will receive the Master Teacher Reiki attunement and symbols, learn how to give Advanced Reiki Healing Attunements to enhance your Reiki sessions, how to pass Reiki Level I, II, III and Master Level Attunements to others, how to organize a Reiki Level I, II, III and Master Class and receive Reiki Master Teacher Certification. Reiki Level III is a prerequisite to the Reiki Master Class.
#11 of 11 Old 07-07-2014, 11:25 AM

It's pretty cheap to get a reiki 1 certification yourself. Then you can self-treat every single day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page