The ONE Thread 18-24 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please move me to Waiting to O this is CD1 of my 40 weeks.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 01:22 PM

I have been using Ovusoft charting. FF is still in my sig line but on the front page is my ovusoft. Anyway, Ovusoft says you are most likely to get pregnant having intercourse the day before and the day of Ovulation. Seems we talk a lot here about it being too late once you O. FF seems to support this idea. I am thinking DH and I are just missing the window. Because usuallly the goal is to have sperm waiting by the time O happens and then we are tired of BDing. At least I am when O gets here. YK? I am going to make sure and BD on O day this cycle as well as days before

Old 02-23-2007, 01:34 PM

Sorry, Kemi. Glad you're ok with it.

to all!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:39 PM

Laurie, I was just starting with the charting and checking CM this cycle. I only had EWCM the one day, so we BD that night, and FF says I O'ed two days later...and we got a BFP. We really weren't BDing as much as we probably should have been, so I know exactly which time was the magic time--since it was the only time!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:55 PM

I sure do understand that. I know exactly when I conceived all of mine. I didn't chart back then just kept track of days. I think FF isn't as good aat pinpointing my O day as Ovusoft is. They were two days apart. I overrode FF to change it to the right day.
I think I am going to pay for the ovusoft program. My O was pinpointed by ewcm but FF was only going by temps. I like that ovusoft gives you your peak times and takes many different factors into it.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:10 PM

just checking in
Old 02-23-2007, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here.

Last night I had ewcm sorta... But I'm still spotting! I did not temp this morning cause I was to worried about checking ds temp... poor guy has been sick since the 2nd day of daycare. (me too)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
I have been using Ovusoft charting. FF is still in my sig line but on the front page is my ovusoft. Anyway, Ovusoft says you are most likely to get pregnant having intercourse the day before and the day of Ovulation. Seems we talk a lot here about it being too late once you O. FF seems to support this idea. I am thinking DH and I are just missing the window. Because usuallly the goal is to have sperm waiting by the time O happens and then we are tired of BDing. At least I am when O gets here. YK? I am going to make sure and BD on O day this cycle as well as days before
We did every other day around O for a looong time. We even tried every 36 hours. This month we did 5 days in a row. 3 days leading up to O, day of O and the day after and I got a BFP earlier this week. I think we're still tired from it but it worked!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:55 AM

Just checking in. Keeping my : for everyone!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
We did every other day around O for a looong time. We even tried every 36 hours. This month we did 5 days in a row. 3 days leading up to O, day of O and the day after and I got a BFP earlier this week. I think we're still tired from it but it worked!!
This is what we did this month!!!

We've done the every other day thing for months, tried every 36 or so hours the past couple, and so this month, we just BD'ed like bunnies, starting at about 4 days before I thought i would O...!! And, of COURSE, I O'd about 3 days later than i had thought i would...so all in all, we BD'ed like every day (at least once per day!) for 7 days straight!!!:

Dh isn't complaining, LOL!

Well..I should know for sure in 2 days......but AF-like cramps are coming on strong tonight....but I'm gonna hope we have the same luck you did!!!!!

CPST
Old 02-24-2007, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
Actually, ovusoft is right, the day before to the day of really is the best fertiltiy time. I think when people say the day of is "too late" is both correct and misleading. I think that by the time you realize that O day was O day, it is too late, LOL! But actually doing it on O day is good, but in generally needs to be 12 hours before to right about the time of Ovulation...which you can't usually pinpoint until after it happens, or, if you get O pain, exactly when it is happening. The egg is gonna be most fertile for about 12 measly hours. Meaning, sex from about 24 hours before to right at the time of O is best......that way you are getting fresh sperm to meet fresh egg. BD'ing ON the day of O more than 12 hours after O is likely going to be too late, as it takes the guys time to swim up there, and the egg will likely be gone by that time....
Now, of course, some women and men who are very fertile can have sex like once either 5 days before or an entire day after O, and still get preggo!! But for those of us who need to maximize every single bit of fertiltiy, day before to day of is the most fertile time.

but, especially if you have poor quality or little cervical fluid...doing it 3-4 days, even 2 days before O is likely NOT going to get you pregnant...the swimmers cimply cant live without the fluid.....so, like TCOYF says, if you only get 1-2 days of EWCM, you need to be doing it ON those days (which are generally going to be the day before to day of O!!), OR, on teh days of wettest CF, even if it is not quite EWCM (again, this is likely going to be day before to day of O)

CPST
Old 02-24-2007, 07:00 AM

Well, I am at MOST 6dpo, but today I have some very noticable cramping....well, I suppose I COULD be farther past O than that, but if I am, it happened while in Cali, and therefore I am DEFINITELY NOT pg....so I'm just wondering what else might cause it. I ate pretty much nothing today, which would obviously account for my nausea, but I've never had it affect my reproductive area Anywho, just wondering if anyone had any insight! TIA
Old 02-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Chart looks right. How much longer before you POAS again?
If af doesn't show I am planning to poas next saturday . I just don't want to see another bfn!!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
If af doesn't show I am planning to poas next saturday . I just don't want to see another bfn!!
Oh, the suspense! Good luck
Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 PM

All the best Jezzy! Here's some of the baby dust I collected this past cycle!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM

Nevermind... I'll figure it out.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 PM

I don't want to sound pesimistic but its pretty early, maybe its implantion signs though who knows??
Old 02-24-2007, 04:02 PM

Hello,

DH and I will be travelling during my O time so we won't be really trying this month. I need a bit of a break as well to absorb my new found optimism. I will still be charting, just not ttc this month so could you please move me to Waiting to Be Ready for now? Thanks...:

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 02-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing? This may be a little late greetings.

Congrats!!! to all the recent , meisterfraue, widdelelou, Stacy, impchild, kconterio I'm so happy for you : You all have a H and H 9 months.

I'm sorry for all AF and BFN.pray for your GL in your new cycle.

Jezzy: : for you. GL when you test.

You are all in my prayers and thought. I pray that we will all see the favor of God amen

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here
Old 02-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdlelou View Post
I don't want to sound pesimistic but its pretty early, maybe its implantion signs though who knows??
I assume this was in response to my question.....I just don't know....like I was saying, I am AT MOST 6(now 7) dpo, so I doubt it's implantation, so I was wondering if there was any other reason I'd have cramps (still have them btw) :
Old 02-24-2007, 04:51 PM

And here we go again ^
Old 02-24-2007, 05:21 PM

Hi, Tashauna, just wanted to de-lurk to throw out there that 6-7 dpo is not to early for implantation!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Hi, Tashauna, just wanted to de-lurk to throw out there that 6-7 dpo is not to early for implantation!
Thanks a lot. Get my hopes up!!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 AM

well this thread just sorta died Sat afternoon, but the new thread is

HERE

User Tag List