TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2007, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
My Etsy store is sad and empty right now, but once I get some stuff in it I'll post up a link for those that want to see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
Lilyflower--When are you putting your url in your signature? If you can't do that, please pm your store address to us so we can check it out. So exciting!
I really wanted to add a link, but doesn't MDC make you pay for that? I wanted to put a link for just one day and then remove it so all you guys could quickly look, but it would not be on here forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Lily I'm so sad to hear that you'll be leaving after this month, I still hope that you'll be leaving for good reason. I believe this will still happen for you, maybe when you're not trying for it and thinking about it. You have my email address and I hope you'll keep in touch - I'll definitely be letting you know when I get my + test although you'll probably hear me scream it from there

Ity yeah the sweating - no fun. It's an awful clammy sweat but it's not even when I'm especially hot, I told dh they're clam flashes not hot flashes. I had the same thing when I was sleeping a few times although not last night. Very gross. Does this last all month?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

lily.. and ity.. you can pm us your link.. they dont make you pay for that

it has been really quiet.. youre right...

lily.. I dont want you to go :... .. I really really hope this is the LAST cycle... I would rather you left us with something really really positive!!

as far as grads.. I have not heard from hopesmom... paisley had her baby... shes from the 6+... and thats it...

sarah... ew.. I would hate to be all clammy.. sorry for you

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 03-16-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

I just went to check on dh and ds (theyre both sleeping).. and I almost died of cuteness... theyre both laying face to face.. like really close!

so adorable

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 PM

I am not having a good day so far .

We have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan insurance, and we live in Oregon. I need to find out about what they legally *have* to cover. I thought our coverage was a lot better than it is! They told me they have NO acupuncture or naturopathic coverage, and NO infertility coverage at all!! Not even diagnosis but not treatment! So say you need a certain test - if it's to diagnose pelvic pain it would be covered, but the same test to diagnose infertility would NOT be covered. And we're paying over $400 a month for this!? That means 99% of my health needs are only partially or not at all covered. I feel like we should cancel my half of the coverage and just put that in the bank in case of emergency. Since I'm sure once we get pregnant I won't be using it for a hospital birth anyway unless there are some horrible complications.

If anyone has any ideas or experience I would be very grateful!

And I can't make sense out of my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/135b6c . I was thinking maybe I O'd on day 10, then it gave me crosshairs on day 14 for a while. Once I add in the symptom that I'm spotting again today, it takes the crosshairs away lol. I'm cramping and spotting, and probably just gonna start AF, but my cycles have shrunk so fast, last 3 went from 34, then 30, then 27! I guess that's good since maybe I'll ovulate more times per year, but bad cause if I'm not pregnant I'll have to go through more painful periods per year too!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
I just went to check on dh and ds (theyre both sleeping).. and I almost died of cuteness... theyre both laying face to face.. like really close!

so adorable
What? No pictures? I alsways take pictures of cuteness like that.

Airmide - My insurance sucks too! We are only covered for diagnosis, no treatment whatsoever - but at least diagnosis is covered. Have you checked out www.resolve.org to see what you are mandadted for covereage by law in your state? Also - have you considered secondary insurance? One of my infertility blogs (that I read, not write) the lady said that she found out that secondary insurance would cover them, since their primary wouldn't.

I'm inclined to agree with your chart as it sits now. CD14 looks about right - looking at older charts, when do you normally O? Also - what happens in you change the detection method to advanced/research/ etc? Have yo uused OPK's?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Lily - I am so sorry you are leaving. I agree with Crystal Fingers croosed that you leave us on a positve note. All the best.

Ity - Congrats on your store! Please let me know they link . I really loved your worked.

Airmide - I am so sorry about your insurance. I still don't know how to navigate though US insurance companies effective but I can only assumed that there has got to something better out there. I agree with Ity check out resolve they have some great info on there.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM

Thanks ItyBty! I have checked resolve and all I saw was that there is no legislation in Oregon or Michagan (Or Washington if we wanted to move there).

I don't know anything about secondary insurance, what's that?

I guess sometimes doctors can find creative ways to bill for some stuff, and with my pelvic pain and other physical problems a lot could probably be justified that way. But it just makes me insane that DIAGNOSIS of infertility isn't even covered! I can understand no paying for clomid, IVF, stuff to help me get pregnant....but not to even figure out what the problem is so I can try to fix it myself?

My subscription to FF isn't a paid subscription so I dont' think I can change the detection methods etc. I've used OPK's but only 2 cycles....I got an *almost* positive for 2 days and then it decreased and went away. I think I need to get more and just use them from like day 6-24 :

In past charts it seems like I used to ovulate maybe around day 17-19, but a LOT of months it was undetected. Things have probably been changing since I'm on thyroid meds and progesterone cream and started taking Vitex (vitex this cycle is the first). So I never know what to expect, though it wasn't like I was regular before either.

The one thing interesting to me is I have never had that many temps that close to each other in a row...7 days between 97.8 and 98.0!

Also Lilyflower I'm keeping my fingers crossed too that you're able to leave on a positive note! I haven't been here all that long but I'll still miss you a LOT when you go s
Old 03-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Armide, is it possible you O'd late? (CD21) But as it looks now, if you are 9 dpo, your temp right now looks really good don't you think? Nice and high for two days. Let's hope that is correct that you are 9 dpo. I could see that would be confusing though. I am more used to a more recognizable pattern. I think I would lose my mind if I didn't have that. I really feel for all of my friends here that have to deal with that sort of confusion on the charts.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:45 PM

Lilylflower thank you so much! Yes I think it's quite possible I O'd late, there have been some cycles where I think it was as late as day 22. I also tried to keep the room darker than usual, and because of the UTI type symptoms I didn't really *want* to ovulate earlier this month, so I think it was day 20 that I left the bedside light on all night to see if that would help trigger, if I hadn't already. :

We BD on CD 9, 11 and 19. The thing making me think I O'd earlier if at all is that now I'm starting my usual pre-AF cramping and spotting. It's actually a lot worse than usual for this CD. The spotting is dark pinkish brownish and has been going on for 2 days.

My husband is SO sweet (thank goodness, I could never get through this without him). I told him about the lack of infertility coverage and he just sent me an email saying he loves me, and not to worry. If we need to he'll switch jobs or do whatever we have to to be in a situation where he can take care of my health needs and us starting a family.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
It's actually a lot worse than usual for this CD. The spotting is dark pinkish brownish and has been going on for 2 days.
Interesting....... hmmmmmm......:
Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
lily.. and ity.. you can pm us your link.. they dont make you pay for that
If anyone wants it.....just let me know :
Old 03-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Lily and ItyBty I would love to have your links! We're on a budget so I can't promise any purchases hehe but I'd love to be able to admire your work and maybe plan for the future

I just got a spot of red, is that a good bad or indifferent sign? It's pretty typical to my usual cycle so I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Lily and ItyBty I would love to have your links! We're on a budget so I can't promise any purchases hehe but I'd love to be able to admire your work and maybe plan for the future

I just got a spot of red, is that a good bad or indifferent sign? It's pretty typical to my usual cycle so I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much.
First of all, I just want to tell you all that I have not been talking about my website for a "sales pitch" type thing. I hope you all know that I don't expect everyone to actually buy something. I just consider you guys my friends now and just feel like showing it to people. I really don't expect my friends to buy stuff from me. I just hope that spreading the word will help move the site along to people. That is all. Plus, the more people who look at the site the more google searches it, etc. Really want you guys to know that okay? I am just proud of the website.

Airmide, I don't know about the spot of blood. I have different stuff happening like that every month so I never know what is normal and what is not. Time will tell (always a favorite thought when TTC isn't it?).
Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I've been hanging out reading along the last few days. I just haven't had much to say. I'm expecting a friend for the weekend so won't be on much.

To all the Tim Hortons fans - its roll up the rim time again!!!! To the poster who has a friend near Windsor - I grew up in Essex about 20 min from Windsor. Small world!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 03-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Happy St. Patricks Day!!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Hi there, everyone! I'm back for a bit after MIL's visit. We had a good time - museum, pedicure (at a beauty school, which was pretty laughable because the students were REALLY inexperienced), eating out a few times, and lots of playing with ds. It was a nice break from work for me and from ttc obsession too. But I missed you guys!

I did a quick read of the last few days. Seems like the crafters are getting busy again, this time with websites. Super cool, Lily & Ity!

Just time for a few personals:
Lily - Glad you are feeling OK. I am still hopeful for you, but you know what you (and your family) need right now and it sounds like you're doing it. Good for you!

Tenk - Nice temp rise!

Sarah - I'm just 2 days behind you on my cycle and pleased to hear you made it through the clomid dosage AND that you're emotional for o time... :

Leslie - I am eagerly, eagerly, eagerly waiting to hear about your BFP in the near future. I just have a great feeling for you this round.

Airmide - So sorry about the insurance troubles. It is so &*!)(%&@) frustrating, isn't it?

And a big hug to Crystal and Clara and everyone I'm missing right now...
Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM

Elkmama! It sure is quiet around here today. Where are you Angel? Sarah, hope you are feeling better. I know it is stressful, I hope this month is manageable and you only need one try. Today it is 80 degrees out and spring flowers are blooming everywhere, bees are buzzing and ladybugs. It is absolutely beautiful.

I just have to say that I am sure I will probably keep coming around here because I like you guys too much! But I may just be the new cheerleader so Sarah can be relieved of that duty, since your in the game now!

I will never be going back on the pill or anything so nature can decide in the future if she is going to allow me another baby.

Leslie, hope you are managing nicely through the Tww. I wish I new what day you O'd or what DPO you are because that would make it more exciting.

Ocean, I hope you are doing good too. Your temp seems to have figured out what to do. I was thinking what if you had two implantations! I know I really have no idea what that would look like, but just thinking it was fun.

Airmide, I am going to check your chart right now. I hope your spot of blood was nothing.

Tenk, I wish I could see your temp today. You are leaving me in suspense.

Okay, just felt like conversing because it is so quiet! I miss everyone.

Okay, off to look at all your charts.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 PM

~~~Funnygrace~~~

: IUI : : IUI : IUI : IUI: :

Lookin' good!!!

Darn! I can never make them as pretty as you do!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 PM

Airmide, still looks good, no AF yet.:
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM

The baby shower for my friend is tomorrow, and I don't want to go. I don't want to go and make happy and smile and look at all the baby stuff. I don't want to pretend that I'm happy and not dying inside from jealousy and anger, and I really don't know if I can force myself to BE happy at all. I've been fine with it for a month now, and all of a sudden, just now, I'm totally freaking out about it. I really don't want to go, and we already rsvp'd and said we'd be there, and I made all this baby stuff, and we bought more baby stuff, and I don't want to go.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:54 PM

Oh Ity, I am so sorry. That really sucks and I really HATE going to baby showers actually, unless I was pregnant while I was there. I have to admit that usually I just buy a gift and send it and say I can't make it. I know it is really hard to go to those things, even worse than going to see a new baby I think, because at least when you are going to see the new baby you usually get the enjoyment of getting to hold it. I hope you can get out of it somehow, but if not, I hope it goes okay for you.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM

Oh Ity I'd hate that too. I'd probably be "sick" to get out of it, don't make yourself go if it'll be too upsetting.

I'm still feeing super emotional today, I'm also totally paranoid about missing O and I'm afraid that my high temp this morning means we did! I had O pains yesterday and not so much today so : I don't know. I woke up late though so maybe that was why it was so high.

If I start using OPKs tomorrow do you think it's too soon? Too close to the last dose?

Elk I'm so glad to have a cycle buddy this time, I hope I have an actual cycle

Lily I'm glad you'll still be around, I'd miss you a LOT if you weren't here.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Sarah, if that was your O, it looks to me like you didn't miss it! Timing would be great I think! Anything is possible on Clomid! I think the best day to do it would be the day before O (just look at Christy's chart).
Old 03-17-2007, 11:06 PM

Is it possible to O that quick after the last dose? Argh, I'm going to drive myself crazy with this stuff already! I guess I'll know tomorrow morning - I need a crystal ball or something. :

: : :
Old 03-17-2007, 11:14 PM

Yea, just wait until tomorrow, although you will probably not get a good sleep just thinking about temping in the morning. That is what always happens to me. I just remember I O'd on day 11 which was SOOO early for me the first time. But, I took them 3-7 so I really don't know. I hope you will get an answer soon. I started testing about 3 days after the last dose (that is why I missed the first one so badly), but that schedule worked for the next times. Plus try and stick with the every other day thing and you'll be fine. Don't worry!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:14 AM

Ity I'm so sorry, I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go. I agree with SarahJen about just being "sick" and sending the presents. I'm sure your friends would understand.

Lily I'm really glad you're going to keep checking in, we'd all miss you if you weren't here!

Has everyone had their hormones and the *right* thyroid tests done? The more I'm reading about hypothyroid, adrenal function and hormones the more important and underdiagnosed I'm realizing it is! If you can't get your doctors to order the right tests, there are places you can order them yourself with no prescription and even places you can get the proper medications. I'd urge everyone who hasn't already done so to get the tests done, and post the results on the labs forum at www.stopthethyroidmadness.com since I don't know enough to interpret them myself and I'd nearly guarantee most doctors will tell you you're fine even when you're not.

Lily I'm still spotting and cramping, still no AF. But that's pretty typical, I almost always spot and cramp for at least 5-10 days before AF. The thing making me curious is that...it could be my imagination but with all those steady temps for those few days, it's making me think it looks like it could be triphasic? But I don't feel any different than usual and I'm not feeling terribly hopeful this cycle.

I'm just SO sick of all this doctor fighting. I think I'm going to keep looking for a cooperative doctor but meanwhile self-treat till I start feeling better, so I can at least remove the anxiety of being dependent on doctors I don't trust till I find one I can. Everyone on my natural thyroid list seems to think that my (and a lot of other people's) fertility issues are due to undermedicated thyroid problems.

Interestingly some of my personality "quirks" (strengths/weaknesses) may also be due to hypothyroid. Apparently it's typical to be hypersensitive, emotional, have anxiety, depression, and constantly racing thoughts. I've been working a lot on finding ways to be less upset and judgmental without giving up my passion or ethics, and I think I've made *some* progress but wouldn't it be weird if it just went away on it's own once I got properly treated?

And now I'm going to go distract myself by playing with my hair. Maybe I'll figure out how to do a crown braid!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 AM

Oh phew! I didn't O early so I discarded that high temp and soon starts the bd marathon! I still have this nagging fear that I won't O even on clomid but I'm trying not to think about that too much.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 PM

I think I O'd yesterday.. my temp shot WAY up this morning... Oh, and I got a + opk last night.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Ity nice jump! And GREAT timing! :

User Tag List