TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ity - I'm a little nervous about your pain too....you said it started just a couple days after you ovulated right, so there's no chance it could be an ectopic pregnancy?

Lily - I hope you're feeling better! You're fortunate but I can see how it could be painful at the same time to have your kids as a constant reminder.

Angel - I'm glad your dh's foster mom is pulling through ok! I hope her health continues to improve.

You know as I've been peeking at all your charts I've noticed something - several of you have a lot of temps that seem pretty low! I've been reading that low temperatures are a sign of hypothyroidism (as is irregular periods and infertility). I know I'm always on my soapbox about hormone and thyroid testing, but I'd hate to think that anyone here hadn't yet been properly tested and could have their troubles solved by getting the right medications! Even if it takes a while to correct at least you know you're on the right path during that time. I'll see if I can dig out some articles about low temps and what to look out for.

Here's the first one: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/temperature/ "Dr. Broda Barnes found that upon waking in the morning (and before you rise from your bed), a healthy temp should be between 97.8 - 98.2. If it’s higher, you may be hyperthyroid, and if it’s lower, you are most likely hypothyroid. And look for that 98.6 by mid-afternoon." (that doesn't take into account pre and post O, I'm trying to find more info on that) Here's one with a lot of directions and info but talks about daytime temps not waking: http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp#directions

CD 2 now and some pain but compared to usual it's nothing! I'm still hoping it will last. Trying not to get too excited so there won't be too much letdown if the pain comes back, but daydreaming a bit about what my life would be like without so much pain!

So I've done and changed about a bazillion things...it's hard to track down which of the changes might have made the difference.
1. medicated for hypothyroid and low progesterone (have been for months but maybe now it's stabilizing, plus I just raised my Armour dosage)
2. cut out all soy and high fructose corn syrup (I know it helped my cravings, maybe it helped my periods too?)
3. take 1tbs flax oil per day
4. 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt and 1-2 tbs bragg's apple cider vinegar in 16 oz. water
5. vitex AF-O
6. Green tea AF-O
7. Red Raspberry leaf tea O-AF and thinking about doing it all the time
8. Chelated magnesium calcium and zinc (solved my constipation and has been reported to help with cramps)
9. eating more full-fat hormone and antibiotic free dairy (mmm brown cow)
10. eating candied ginger
11. took 1000mg tylenol and 200mg ibuprofen the moment I saw blood, while the pain wasn't super bad yet (but I let it lapse a few times throughout the day and the pain still seemed WAY better than usual)
12. Acupuncture - just one treatment so far, but maybe it made all the difference?
13. hot water bottles for the pain I do have
14. I noticed my vibrator (no penetration) sometimes helps, other times makes things worse, so I don't know on that.

I think those are all the changes I've made recently and/or just this cycle. I do other stuff too but I've been doing those for longer so I dont think they were the answer, but you never know, could have been cumulative.

Also, off topic but I'm pretty excited that I've found a routine that works for my problem skin - castor oil and baking soda massaged in to exfoliate, coconut oil after that's washed off. And maybe the flax oil and drinking ACV might be helping it too.
#422 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

OMG! you said the v-word

good point about the temps though... you got me thinking

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#423 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 PM

lilyflower—I'm so sorry that you are feeling such sadness.

Ity--I hope you figure out your pain soon and that it goes away.

airmide_m--My temps are low, but I had a full thyroid panel last spring and no problems: TSH=1.7, no antibodies, T3 and T4 normal. So unless I don't believe the tests (and sometimes I wonder...) I'm not hypo. So low temps are not always a sign of hypo. And I wrote this in an earlier post, but I had bad cramps (though not as bad as yours) and with progesterone supplementation... nothing. It was really weird the first month I experienced it... I'm glad you are having a better time of it!

Just cruisin along here at... I'm not sure how many dpo... maybe 6dpo. My temps are sawtoothy but I think it might be my thermometer.
#424 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
barbara.. sorry but I had to laugh... I'm sure that you did freak yourself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Hope you feel better soon Ity, let us know what the doc says this aft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
Ity--I hope you figure out your pain soon and that it goes away.
So I went to the Doc and we discussed the possibility of cysts (because of the clomid) and pregnancy and all sorts of things, but after my peeing in a cup she thinks it's a UTI and gave me some antibiotics. Sadly, there was also some glucose in my urine, and I'll know more about that next week. I can't say I'm totally surprised, because diabetes and sugar issues run in my family. I'm just going to avoid refined sugar this week and wait to see the lab results.
#425 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Sadly, there was also some glucose in my urine, and I'll know more about that next week. I can't say I'm totally surprised, because diabetes and sugar issues run in my family. I'm just going to avoid refined sugar this week and wait to see the lab results.
Sorry to hear that and I hope it turns out fine. It seems like you are health concious person and hopefully you'll be able to just make some good changes in your diet? Good luck.

I just wanted to thank all of you for such support you've given me. I don't feel like saying much. I just want to thank you. I was SO nasty and ugly yesterday I had to watch everything that came out of my mouth and sometimes they slipped (to dh) so I figured the more quiet the better.
#426 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Funnygrace - yeah that does sound (from my limited knowledge) like your thyroid is pretty healthy! I guess you can always get it retested (you're so fortunate to have a doc that did the right tests for you!) and you can post your results on the stopthethyroidmadness website...they know a LOT more than I do and are very helpful. I think I remember also reading somewhere that low or erratic temps can be a sign of adrenal issues - maybe it was on one of the links in my last post? I don't know if that could be linked to infertility though.

I've been on progesterone supplements since last July, 130 mg the first month or so and 135 mg since then. So while it may be helping, I don't think that was exactly the cure for me since last month the cramps were worse than ever...I'm sort of thinking it might be more of the stuff I've done differently in the last cycle, plus cumulative effects of the stuff (like progesterone) I've been doing for a while helping out some too, but I can't see that drastic of a change being due to something I've been doing for a while you know?

Lily - I'm soooo sorry you're still feeling bad. You can always come here if you need to talk, I'm sure we'll all forgive you if you need to rant or even have some place to say those "ugly" things. You can contact me privately too if you'd prefer one-on-one support.

Ity - those are similar to the symptoms I had with my not UTI. I wonder what it's about! For you I hope it's something as simple and easily correctable as a UTI. I took my antibiotics but after the culture came back negative I was irritated that I'd taken them. I guess I should schedule a pap, I just hate that place so much I've been putting it off.
#427 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Ity - those are similar to the symptoms I had with my not UTI. I wonder what it's about! For you I hope it's something as simple and easily correctable as a UTI. I took my antibiotics but after the culture came back negative I was irritated that I'd taken them. I guess I should schedule a pap, I just hate that place so much I've been putting it off.
The doctor seemed fairly confident that it was a UTI, even though I don't have that obnoxious "I have to pee but I CAN'T!" feeling. Did you also have a bruised feeling kidney? Mine is tender, although when the Dr poked at it, it doesn't hurt anymore, it just feels sore.
#428 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 PM

The first time I had that problem I had all the UTI symptoms including urgency and burning and my kidneys hurt SO BAD. The second time (most recently) it was around my bladder/right ovary that hurt and felt swollen and tender, but not so much the kidneys/back hurting. This time I had all the UTI symptoms and even lost control and also had blood in my urine. The initial test came back positive for infection, but the 3 day culture came back negative. They told me it could be from bacteria that got into the culture (even though I wiped with the sanitizing wipe and did mid-stream) and that they couldn't give me *any* clues what else it could be without first doing a pap. I took the antibiotics before I knew all that, and I guess if it had been an infection it's good it didn't get out of control, but I've heard of people having a lot of success with more natural treatment methods too.
#429 of 576 Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

for everybody were just not doing well huh.

I you ladies

#430 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 08:57 AM

I'm so glad it's the weekend!

Ity I hope you're feeling better, I've had UTIs and twice I had kidney stones, nothing worse in my opinion.

I'm still in bed and I really have to get up but I wanted to ask the clomid users what you felt like before you were going to O (because I still haven't!). Did you feel really full like almost like you were really constipated? My lower abdomen feels so full, this is what I felt like when I was pregnant like bloated but different and a bit tender. Is this what you guys felt like? Also sometimes I have these weird sort of itchy burny feelings sort of just under my skin. Normal? Or am I a freak? Magic 8 ball, will I ever O?
#431 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Sarah - you'll o eventually. It's hard the first time because you don't know what it should feel like. Also keep in mind that you may need a higher dose for it to work effectively. Everybody's different - remember I o'd on 50 but really late and then once we made it 100 it worked really well. Maybe you just need a higher dosage.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#432 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Christy thanks, I'm on 100mg so hopefully this works - I really don't want to go higher than that after the weird vision things I had when I took them. My opks are still neg so maybe I still have a few more days to wait. You'd think I'd be good at the waiting part by now.
#433 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning

no af... blah.. its never coming.

Hi sarah and christy!

#434 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Just stopping in to say, tell Tenk and Lesliesara your charts are looking awesome!

Tell you Sarah that I actually never felt that until the day of O. I did feel weird feelings like the ovaries were at work, but not that bloating feeling. Just try to go with the flow if you can and not get too worried about each day's feelings. But if you have bad pain, then I would for sure go to the doctor. It seems like the different feelings go up and down all through the month. I would just worry about that if you were in pain. If you are getting a cyst, but if it doesn't hurt, it will probably go away on its own anyway. But I know how it is waiting to O IS worse than waiting to know. I hope you O today.

Angel, I am so sorry you have to go through this long month again.

Time for me to start fresh and begin a new chapter in my life. I may jump in here and there, but may not, because I can't keep dwelling on this subject. But I want to keep in contact. If anyone sees I am not around and some big news happened, you can PM me if you get a chance to tell me to read and catch up on the big news okay? I think about you girls daily.
#435 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

lily.. I will miss having you here with us...

great big

we you!

#436 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Lily I'll really miss you here but I understand. I hope you find peace with this somehow. You have my email address and I do hope you'll keep in touch.

(2 things that might make you laugh about this tiny post, thanks to clomid I was bawling again typing it and so I couldn't see the screen and misspelled peace as peach. I hope you find peach )
#437 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Holy shit!!!!!!!!! OK after three tests this morning there is a faint line. The internet cheapie looks more like an evaporation line now that three hours have gone by. But the two dollar store tests still look like faint PINK lines! I went for a blood test and have to wait until 2:30 to call for results. I just might have a heart attack between now and then - I so did not think this was the month for us!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to take a picture but its just too blurry. I wasn't even going to test b/c I was so sure this wasn't it, but my temp was 37.0 and its never been that before. So I took it again and it was 37.1. Really I think I might have a heart attack - dh is just grinning

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#438 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 PM

OMG leslie !!!!!!!:

do you want to wait for blood results or can we shower you in smilies now ?
#439 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

lol ocean

Hey leslie! I'm no good at smile parades/showers.. but thats awesome!

#440 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Oh Leslie! Yay yay yay I'm so excited for you!
#441 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 01:12 PM

LeslieSARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: : : : : :
: :

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you! That is the best news. I couldn't wait for smilies. Congratulations! I knew your chart looked good today!
#442 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 01:14 PM

What absolutely fantastic news!!! I can't wait to hear the results from the blood test!! My fingers are crossed for you!!! Hoooray!!!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#443 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Lesliesara---OH oh oh! I can't wait for your confirmed news! How absolutely fantastic! What a great weekend.
#444 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 01:53 PM

Lily
I think I know how you are feeling, sometimes I feel that way too. I hope you do come and check in because I for one will miss you horribly. But I understand how you're feeling, and I don't want you to dwell on things that make you sad.
You have my email, right ?
I am going to have my last clomid cycle (CD 1 here) and then I don't know what the ttc future holds for us. Thats the end of medical assistance until we have a chunk of change to put into it, or the insurance laws change here :
And I have known this was coming, I feel like my mindset is changing, preparing me to let go of it all. Is that similar to how you feel Lily ? I still feel torn up over it, and heartbroken, but I have been surprised lately at the peace I have found by letting go a bit.

Sarah... I hope you also find peach. you crack me up. That is what we are here for, to listen and sometimes lift each other up, right ?
Yes I think you will O soon, your temps are way down, I'll bet your estrogen is up high right now. You might be someone who doesn't get a + OPK or gets one on the day of O, who knows. Just keep GIO and temping and I hope it happens soon :

Hey Elk... are you back from your trip ? How are you ?

Airmide, I am always interested in hearing about the thyroid stuff, thanks for the links.

Crystal, I am glad to hear the good news ! I hope you DHFM (is that right ?) has a speedy recovery. And that you get AF soon. There are herbs to bring it on, have you ever looked into stuff like that ?

Ity, did you take the anti-biotics and how are you feeling today ?

OK, gotta fly, it is shaping up into a busy day.

Hugs and : GL to all !
#445 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 01:53 PM

Lesliesara - Congratulations! That's great news.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#446 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Funnygrace, YOUR chart is looking fabulous today TOO!

Ocean, you described it nicely. I feel like I have resolved to let this go, but if I think about it I still get sad. So I have to change things around a bit.

I SO wanted a smilie parade of congratulations at the end of all this.
#447 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM

: : CONGRATULATIONS LESLIESARA!!! : :

: I hope you get good news from your blood test. :
#448 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 04:00 PM

CONGRATULATIONS LESLIESARA!!! I think I'm gonna have a heart attack for you between now and the time the blood test results are in!! I'll be checking back whenever I can, I hope it's good news...I bet it will be!! :::
#449 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 PM

: Its 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : :

And I just got the best reaction from my sister. She was in the shower when I called so I told BIL who got all weepy. He ran up to the bathroom to tell her & she started screaming. It was so funny!

Thank you so much girls. You are really making my day!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#450 of 576 Old 03-24-2007, 05:03 PM

: : Congrats Leslie!!: :

Wishing you a very Happy & Healthy 9 Months!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page