TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 576 Old 03-26-2007, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have too much time to post now, I'll try to get back soon! Just wanted to say OH MY GOD acupuncture has an effect on me! Let me know exactly how much detail you guys want me to go into hehe - overall with highlights, or every little thing.

Also I've been having some sort of "woo-woo" experiences (is that the term? hehe) for which I feel like a complete freak, but I guess if it's helping me get in touch with myself it's a good thing? I could be persuaded to share that stuff though I feel kinda self-conscious about it.

I've been halfway considering not trying this month and then trying harder next month. To sort of give my body and mind a little break and focus on getting my body ready - maybe that way I can also take the Vitex and the herbs they gave me at the acupuncture all through one cycle instead of stopping during the 2ww. Also since the timing of this month I think would work out to baby being born late December/early January if I'm calculating it correctly? My husband is Pisces and I'm Cancer and we're both slightly nervous about having a Capricorn as a first child
#482 of 576 Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
airmide - I'm interested in your acu effects!

Valerie - Glad to hear you're enjoying the hypotherapy so much.

I did decide to temp this week. : to O soon!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#483 of 576 Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

just a little more prayer for me... my father has cps investigating again... this is the third time in a year... its my mother thats reporting him.. and its always a lie... I just cant take it!

and dhs bio mom just called.. their attic caught fire... my wedding dress was up there.. and I never got a chance to use it

I'm so lost right now... I truly don't understand why I'm having all these trials at one time.

thank you ladies.

ps.. just got a call...
dhs former foster mom is home... .. a little positive note

if bad things come in 3's.. that means I'm done right???

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#484 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 02:05 AM

Darn it still not enough time to get into the details of acupuncture.

Angel - I'll be thinking of you, I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time right now!! s

Val- glad to see you back! And I'm glad hypo therapy is working for you, it sounds really cool and I'd love to know more about it!

Maybe I'll be better at making time to post tomorrow hehe.
#485 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 AM

Hi everyone !

I wish I could post more, I do read a couple times a day but posting is another matter.

Teneal and Lily, I miss you both already.

Elk, its good to see you. Glad that you didn't miss your O while you were gone

Valarie, it is good to see you as well. The hypno-fertility treatment sounds really interesting : I hope it works for you.

Crystal, wow that is a lot to deal with. I hope some really good luck heads your way !

Sarah Nice + OPK !! WOO HOO !!

Ity, I keep looking at your chart umm, nothing new to see there. How are you holding out ?

Funnygrace your chart is looking good ! :

Airmide looking forward to hearing all the details. Nothing is TMI

ETA: Allison, I hope you O soon ! Your timing is looking good

Hi to Hazeleyes and everyone I missed.

Leslie I never gave you a good smilie congrats
CONGRATS LESLIE !!!
: :

I just found out that the aquarium treatment I have been using to treat our sick fish (we've had the aquarium for two weeks and we have only 3 fish so far) is highly toxic, dangerous to fetuses, and should "never be handled by pregnant women" :

Shouldn't that be on the package ??? GRRR....

Beyond that I have started my last round of clomid so think lots of good eggy thoughts for me : I hope this is it I hope this is it I hope this is it

Part of me is getting ready to give up and move on, but I am going to really try and keep positive and give it my all again this last precious clomid cycle.
#486 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 AM

ok I you guys :

<-- Anyone going to fess up?
#487 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Ok today I have a proper + OPK, I looked at it after it developed and thought, no, negative again and then I realized I was looking at it backwards and the dark like is the test line, the light one is the control line I'm such a moron.

Where is everyone I feel very lonely talking to myself.

I feel very sad today for some reason, on the way to work I was thinking I'll try this for one more month (the clomid) and then I have to find some way to take a break from this. I'm not myself, I've gained about 20lbs this year and I feel absolutely awful to the point where I can't even look at myself in the mirror without tears. Maybe it's the clomid rollercoaster and maybe it's just reality but I'm just feeling so discouaged and depressed about it all today.

blah. whavever, maybe and hopefully and if I'm very lucky I won't have to worry about it after this month.
#488 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
just a little more prayer for me... my father has cps investigating again... this is the third time in a year... its my mother thats reporting him.. and its always a lie... I just cant take it!

and dhs bio mom just called.. their attic caught fire... my wedding dress was up there.. and I never got a chance to use it

I'm so lost right now... I truly don't understand why I'm having all these trials at one time.

thank you ladies.

ps.. just got a call...

Oh Angel - I'm so sorry to hear all that, when it rains, it pours, huh? I like your 3's theory though, so I think there are sunny skies ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Hi everyone !Ity, I keep looking at your chart umm, nothing new to see there. How are you holding out ?

I just found out that the aquarium treatment I have been using to treat our sick fish (we've had the aquarium for two weeks and we have only 3 fish so far) is highly toxic, dangerous to fetuses, and should "never be handled by pregnant women" :

Shouldn't that be on the package ??? GRRR....

Beyond that I have started my last round of clomid so think lots of good eggy thoughts for me : I hope this is it I hope this is it I hope this is it

Part of me is getting ready to give up and move on, but I am going to really try and keep positive and give it my all again this last precious clomid cycle.
Ocean - I gave my self a temping vacation.

Sucks about the fishy treatment, can you make DH give them the rest of it? And are your fishies sick already, or are you just giving them the stresscoat stuff? I used to kill a lot of fish, so I gave up and moved on to cats. They are FAR easier to keep alive. I'm thinking good strong eggy thoughts for you... : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
ok I you guys :

<-- Anyone going to fess up?
Twasn't moi, but it's a cute one. It's just so positive I think I might have to blame Ocean.

Quote:
Ok today I have a proper + OPK, I looked at it after it developed and thought, no, negative again and then I realized I was looking at it backwards and the dark like is the test line, the light one is the control line I'm such a moron.

I feel very sad today for some reason, on the way to work I was thinking I'll try this for one more month (the clomid) and then I have to find some way to take a break from this. I'm not myself, I've gained about 20lbs this year and I feel absolutely awful to the point where I can't even look at myself in the mirror without tears. Maybe it's the clomid rollercoaster and maybe it's just reality but I'm just feeling so discouaged and depressed about it all today.

blah. whavever, maybe and hopefully and if I'm very lucky I won't have to worry about it after this month.
I'm here! You are not alone!! No reason to feel sad, you have that + OPK, you get to gio tonight!! If it makes you feel any better, I've gained 20lbs a year for the last 3 years. I'm working on paring it off, but its a huge uphill battle. :

So I'm here and I'm grouchy. Last night I had a meltdown when some stuff fell off our counter and I yelled at DH because our kitchen isn't finished yet and I need counterspace. Then I yelled at the cats for being their dumb catty selves at their dinnertime, and I woke up grouchy and my oatmeal boiled over and made a mess of the microwave and the cat puked on teh floor and AUGH. I'm crabby today.: : :
#489 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
So I'm here and I'm grouchy. Last night I had a meltdown when some stuff fell off our counter and I yelled at DH because our kitchen isn't finished yet and I need counterspace. Then I yelled at the cats for being their dumb catty selves at their dinnertime, and I woke up grouchy and my oatmeal boiled over and made a mess of the microwave and the cat puked on teh floor and AUGH. I'm crabby today.: : :
here's a hug sweetie but feel free to be crabby if it feels good. This is the place to do it

Quote:
Ocean - I gave my self a temping vacation.

Sucks about the fishy treatment, can you make DH give them the rest of it? And are your fishies sick already, or are you just giving them the stresscoat stuff? I used to kill a lot of fish, so I gave up and moved on to cats. They are FAR easier to keep alive. I'm thinking good strong eggy thoughts for you... : :
Fish and I don't have a great history, and I had vowed to never own fish again, but it is supposed to be a family project to have this aquarium. Of course that means I will wind up doing most of it, including noticing the sick fish, getting the stuff, and using it.
Hell yes DH will be doing this for the rest of the treatment (a week or so). : I just think they should have to put that on the label, since it is all over the internet. There are other things you can use for Ich (thats what the fish have, thanks petco) that are not carcinogens known to harm fetuses although thankfully the bad stuff is just one ingredient in the medicine we got for them (thanks again to petco, for the treatment recommendation : ).

OK I might be a bit crabby today too.

Quote:
Twasn't moi, but it's a cute one. It's just so positive I think I might have to blame Ocean.
Who, me ? :

Sarah, you probably have a crazy amount of hormones in your body right now, it is not unusual to feel upset. And clomid seems to make people feel bloated, especially around O time, which probably makes it feel worse
Sometimes it is enough to just get through the day.

Crystal how are you today ? Thinking of you.

A note on the fish... they are livebearers, they have babies regularly. I thought this might be good for our house, to have babies being born in it. But it is a little creepy because the adults usually eat their own young I guess in the wild they swim away and hide but in the fishtank there is nowhere to go.
They say that these fish only have to mate once to have six pregnancies, and that the females are basically always pregnant. That any time you put a female and male together you will have regular babies, all they do is swim, eat and GIO.

Wow.
#490 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha.. ocean its true.. they eat their own babies.. and the males are forever going after the females... my green swordtails are about to pop again.. and my platys are just not getting pg.. its very weird

ity... sorry you're so grumpy...

Sarah.. I didn't do it... but I think it was ocean to

I'm ok... we're doing I guess... the only thing I hate about having guests is I feel like I have to clean all the time ...
Everyones ok... but its going to be awhile before they can get back into their house... and we were told that they can only stay here a week (Its a "complex"... I hate rules).. I hope things can get cleaned up so they can go back home instead of hoping around the county living with various family members... the fire I guess wasn't that bad... it was mostly the attic.. and one wall on the second floor... but there is plenty of water and smoke damage... so I guess we'll see as the days pass exactly what will happen

I think part of my problem with my cycles is that I always feel so stressed.. I know its not healthy.. but they are my family... and I need to care for them.. and by caring, I worry. I know I'm rambling.. but I feel better saying it.

thanks for everything ladies.

#491 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah ocean...

what are you using.. I'm sure there are alternatives... and anyway... if you really think the stuff works well.. make dh do it

#492 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 01:44 PM

No time for proper responses - I'm at work - but I had to thank you all for the giggles (about fish eating young, about being mad at the cats for being their catty selves, about the new and sweet SarahJen nickname, etc.)

And big to everyone too, especially the grouches and those feeling sad! Last night we were planning to gio but I was just a total, all out witch. Completely and totally wrecked the mood. Luckily, dh was patient and quiet and then I apologized for being unpredictable and he said "You are a little challenging tonight" and we did gio. :

Back to work!
#493 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
here's a hug sweetie but feel free to be crabby if it feels good. This is the place to do it

Fish and I don't have a great history, and I had vowed to never own fish again, but it is supposed to be a family project to have this aquarium. Of course that means I will wind up doing most of it, including noticing the sick fish, getting the stuff, and using it.
Hell yes DH will be doing this for the rest of the treatment (a week or so). : I just think they should have to put that on the label, since it is all over the internet. There are other things you can use for Ich (thats what the fish have, thanks petco) that are not carcinogens known to harm fetuses although thankfully the bad stuff is just one ingredient in the medicine we got for them (thanks again to petco, for the treatment recommendation : ).

OK I might be a bit crabby today too.

Who, me ? :

A note on the fish... they are livebearers, they have babies regularly. I thought this might be good for our house, to have babies being born in it. But it is a little creepy because the adults usually eat their own young I guess in the wild they swim away and hide but in the fishtank there is nowhere to go.
They say that these fish only have to mate once to have six pregnancies, and that the females are basically always pregnant. That any time you put a female and male together you will have regular babies, all they do is swim, eat and GIO.

Wow.
I'm slightly less crabby at the moment.

Was it you? It sounded like something cute you might say...

I'll give you a hint about live-bearers - but LOTS of small leafed bushy plants in teh tank for the babies to hide in. Give them a TON of hiding places that the bigger fish can't get at. You can also keep a second tank for pregnant fishies and once the babies are out scoop the no-longer-pregnant adults back into the main tank. Oh, and also get a little mesh sock for the filter, cause I killed a TON of baby fishies with the filter too. They get sucked up into it.
#494 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

my father took a net.. and disassembled it and put it over the filter intake... that seems to help with his guppies
I just recently was given a 23 gal. flat back Hex (its beautiful ).. and I got a whole bunch of bushy type plants (they're fake.. I'm not brave enough to try real yet)... I'm just waiting to see if it works (spit'em out already!!)
net breeders also work well.. they can stay right in the take.. they just hang on the side... saves on having to run the filter, heater, air pump for two tanks

ok... I'm done talking about fishies!

back to my ocd cleaning

#495 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Well my mood improved significantly after the + OPK today, I swear I thought I'd never see one. I hope my temp goes up tomorrow because I don't think I could coax DH into more than one more night of this marathon, last night was a bit of a struggle but he's a trooper and he said he's ready to GIO tonight again.

Crystal I keep meaning to tell you I'm thinking good thoughts for you and then I hit post and think dammit I forgot again. I'm thinking about you and your family and your company and I hope you have something good going on soon.

And Ity, I also keep meaning to congratulate you on your automotive expertise! DH is an engine builder for drag race cars so although I'm around them a fair bit I don't even put gas in my own car if I don't have to (not because I can't but because I tell him it's his job). I'd love to do the work but he'd laugh and point and then I'd have to kill him.

Oh fish, don't get me started on the fish. I have a miserable tank that nothing survives in, they eat their babies, they die for no reason, I'm just no good at it. I do however have an awesome aquatic frog named Simon that I've had for longer than I've had DH (I tell him all the time the frog outranks him). So I keep the tank clean and keep putting fish in there just so I can keep the frog happy. Except for the time I saw him pull his own skin off and eat it but that's another story altogether.

Blah blah blah if I talk this much now imagine me in the 2ww. Ocean, was the dddc you? I love it, it makes me smile every time I see it!
#496 of 576 Old 03-27-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post

thank you ladies.

ps.. just got a call...

Crystal I'm sorry you've been going through so much. You're right - your turn is over! Things are sure to turn around now, hopefully starting with the arrival of AF!

Quote:
Hi everyone !

Ocean I'll be keeping everything crossed for you this month. I've never met someone with such a positive attitude.

Quote:

Sarah I'm thinking good "big egg" thoughts for you right now. I'll have to agree that you are probably on the clomid rollercoaster. Not that you don't have legitimate reasons to be sad, but clomid seems to really magnify things. Good luck GIO one more time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post

Ocean is right - this is the place to come when you're grouchy. We'll never hold it against you. I hope the temp vacation is treating you well.

I've been out of commision the last few days. Sunday night and all yesterday I felt so lousy. My stomach hurt & I had the runs and just felt horrible, couldn't eat anything. Even this morning I felt bad but it got better. I thought it was the fastest morning sickness but now I think it was the same bug my dd had last week. My mom is feeling ill too. So on a good note I'm very gassy and my beta test today was 109 I'm thrilled with that number. I still have a lot of m/c fears but I'm feeling pretty positive so far and trying to hold onto that feeling.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#497 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 02:17 AM

Oh Leslie, 109 sounds great to me ! I smile when I think about how we were just talking about anniversaries coming around again and again and still ttc... and here you are pregnant just a couple weeks later (if it was even that long !) It really gives me hope.

Ity, Crystal, and Sarah, thank you for your fishy info. Very interesting. We have a bunch of live plants, most of which are outpacing the fish nibbling them. At this time we just have three platys because we are cycling the tank for the first time. We would love to see baby fish survive but I don't think we will be taking any heroic measure to save them, I have enough pet responsibilities as it is . Plus the tank would get overcrowded. But hopefully a couple will get by at one time or another.

Sarah, yeah I did it well, when you tagged me it made me smile every time I saw it and I wanted to pay you back.

Your DDDDC for me must have worked, because everyone thinks I am really positive maybe we should give out ones that say "I'm getting pregnant" or something more interestingly phrased and maybe that
will work like a charm.

And speaking of charms, I think those fertility charms that were distributed awhile back are really working... we had a nice wave of BFPs

I feel like I need to come clean and say, I am not positive all the time, it is too tiring. I melt down daily. I cry watching commercials or looking at my DD when she is sleeping. I just try to keep the lid on it most of the time because it does little good to dwell on it. But I do feel torn up and heartbroken over the maddness that ttc has become. It feels so unfair, why can't we just have a baby like everyone else ? Why does this have to be so hard ? WTF.

I've got to go wash the dishes
#498 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 AM

Yet another post that's much shorter than what I'd rather have time for! (maybe that's a relief after my usual endless rambling)

I've heard people talking about pain in the ovaries from clomid right? Can vitex give you ovarian pain too? Like crampy pinchy tender sorta like gas but localized to a very specific spot and going on for hours and days? It's making sitting uncomfortable like something feels squished. It's pretty intense and *so* different than any other type of pain I'm used to, I went to the ER thinking it was best not to risk missing something important like appendicitis, but of course 5 and 1/2 hours later (and I'm sure a huge hospital bill) and the answer is "Gee, we don't know!" (do they ever?)
#499 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Well I'm pretty sure I O'd! I had really strong O pains last night on both sides which is weird because I usually only feel it on my right side (thanks clomid!) and that's gone now. My temp is up - not a lot but it's up - so I guess now we wait and see. I changed my analysis to OPK so I could see what proper crosshairs look like (oooooh aaaaaah). I feel so jaded now that I can hardly even let myself believe that I O'd let alone consider the possibilities so one day at a time.

Ocean thank you I think the thing about being positive is not that you're positive all the time, I don't think that's even possible. Having a meltdown is totally normal but it's what you do afterwards that matters and I think you manage to stay pretty positive and grateful (for lack of a better word) despite the all the ttc trials - at least that's how it seems to a total stranger on the internet.

lesliesara the numbers look great!

Tenk, Ity, Elk, Crystal, Airmide, Valarie, Everyone I forgot I hope you're all well (af for Crystal)

Lily if you're checking in I miss you. I hold my keychain - which I actually attached to my purse zipper - in my hand every day on the way to work and think of you and everyone else.

#500 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM

Good morning ladies Not much to report here - my temps are high, but I'm fighting off an infection and I'm still on anti-biotics, so I may discard them. My RE appt is tomorrow morning, so I'll try to remember what happens and report back when I get home.
#501 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

well morning

Sarah.. thanks! and alright for O.. I gotta go look at charts anyway (I have been lax... oi!)

ity... : for tomorrow

ocean... I understand about a crowded tank... I should take a pic of my fathers guppies ... and its ok to not be positive all the time.. I can understand it being draining.. but in the same hand.. its just as draining being so pessimistic (like me).. maybe you have found the happy medium we all desire

uh. not much to report... I've been taking a temping break... not like anything good is going to come out of it at this point anyway... things are too stressful... and my body just isn't working anyway.
but I do have good news to report... the insurance company is going to pay for rented furniture and an apartment for my IL's... (how cool is that?!?!?!) and for a clean up crew for their house!
They can only stay til Mon or Tues.. but that gives them some time to find a place... for the couple months they cant be at their house (crazy... I wish for them it could be sooner)

and I wanted to share.. I crocheted a cozy for my cell phone this morning... its sooo cool!!

ok.. more for everybody... and lots of and

#502 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Ity - I'd love to hear what you learned from the RE. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
but now I think it was the same bug my dd had last week. My mom is feeling ill too. So on a good note I'm very gassy and my beta test today was 109 I'm thrilled with that number. I still have a lot of m/c fears but I'm feeling pretty positive so far and trying to hold onto that feeling.
Yeah, Leslie! Sorry about the bug but great to hear about the beta #. I'm sure the m/c fears will be strong for a while... But hopefully the excitement will usually be even stronger!

Quote:
I feel like I need to come clean and say, I am not positive all the time, it is too tiring. I melt down daily. I cry watching commercials or looking at my DD when she is sleeping. I just try to keep the lid on it most of the time because it does little good to dwell on it. But I do feel torn up and heartbroken over the maddness that ttc has become. It feels so unfair, why can't we just have a baby like everyone else ? Why does this have to be so hard ? WTF.
Ocean - It is OK to be normal!!! We love you when you're positive and love you when you're down.

Quote:
Well I'm pretty sure I O'd! I had really strong O pains last night on both sides which is weird because I usually only feel it on my right side (thanks clomid!) and that's gone now. My temp is up - not a lot but it's up - so I guess now we wait and see. I changed my analysis to OPK so I could see what proper crosshairs look like (oooooh aaaaaah). I feel so jaded now that I can hardly even let myself believe that I O'd let alone consider the possibilities so one day at a time.
Yippee! Way to go ovaries! Maybe you'll get twins (if both sides actually popped)?! Dh and I were laughing at ourselves the other night because we're so eager that we get giddy at the thought of "2 for 1" even though that hasn't been something we'd hoped for in the past.

No news here. I think I'm 1 dpo and this morning's temp was just off because I was up with ds a couple times between 4 and 6 am.
#503 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 PM

Okay, I've got Elkmama and Sarahjen charts bookmarked. Way to go Sarah!!! Timing is awesome, at least you know you guys did your part!! Elkmama, nice dh. I went through a couple of those nights and it sure makes it hard! I am glad you guys made up! Ity, I am so excited to see your temp up! I don't care if you are fighting an infection, I am still excited. : :

Ocean, I think you are just a generally upbeat and positive person (like I am too) and I think that this TTC is causing some turmoil and you are trying to stay your positive upbeat self, but it is making it hard. That is why I decided to drop it. Because it is the only negative issue in my life right now. It wasn't supposed to be negative, but became so. And who wants that to be a negative experience? Actually, maybe that is why it didn't happen, it was becoming too negative for me, too emotional. Anyway, on to Spring and beautiful green grass and flowers blooming everywhere and bees, summer sun and surf! Yessssss!

I miss you guys too! Isn't that silly. You're just a click away.
#504 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Lesliesara- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just stopped by and saw your great news! I am so happy for you!

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#505 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Wow, Congratulations, Lesliesara!!! What happy springtime news.

And woo-hoo to bemommy and YoBecca! Two sweet baby boys, how wonderful!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#506 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 PM

What is going on?! *We* are almost always in the top 10 threads. Time for a bump.

Lily - Thanks for watching... Here's hoping!
#507 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Teneal - : on your chart, in case you are lurking...
#508 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Sorry I'm so far behind on responding to everyone else and posting about acupuncture!

Just checking in again to see if anyone has any info or experience on that ovarian area pain? It's still freaking me out, and so intense it's hard to sit for very long.
#509 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks like I ovulated! Maybe I do have a chance this month...

airmide - I get O pain but it's usually on just one side per cycle. Generally lasts for a couple hours. It's usually uncomfortable but not enough for me to take any pain meds - of course I don't like taking pain meds - don't take any for AF cramps.

Ity - Looking forward to hearing about your appointment.

ocean - It's completely natural to get bummed out while going through this. An acquitance told me that I'm practically a different person now than I was before starting to TTC. It has been quite a blow to my self-worth but I firmly believe that I'll come out a stronger person in the end.

to everyone else

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#510 of 576 Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Sorry I'm so far behind on responding to everyone else and posting about acupuncture!

Just checking in again to see if anyone has any info or experience on that ovarian area pain? It's still freaking me out, and so intense it's hard to sit for very long.

(((Hugs))) I think you should get checked out. I had a cyst burst in my right ovary a few years ago. The pain was so bad that I could not sit, lay down, or move. I called the on-call doctor the night it happened and she told me that if the pain doesn't go away by morning to go ahead and make an appt with the doctor. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep that night, make an appt with the doctor, and was rushed to the ER when the doctor saw me. They almost took my right ovary out before they decided to perform laposcopic surgery instead to drain the blood. I missed my sister wedding that day and spent 2 days in the hospital instead.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page