TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning! Today is a new day!

Sarah, My temp today is the "I'm about to O" temp! We'll see if your theory is correct!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 02:13 PM

CD5 here and I'm still bleeding. :

Lily - I got the keychain yesterday, and its GORGEOUS!!!! I love-love-love-love-love it! It's beautiful!
#63 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I read a lot, but I'm clinging very tightly to a thin thread of hope and for some reason what I usually want to post is sad and negative, so I don't.

Ity, I'm sorry AF is being so hard on you this time. :

Sarah, I hope you're feeling better today.

Christy - Your chart looks great. : : : I'm so hopeful for you!

My chart's looking nice too. I have no symptoms, but I'm not worried. Like I said, I'm just trying to stay hopeful!!
#64 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy View Post
Christy - Your chart looks great. : : : I'm so hopeful for you!

My chart's looking nice too. I have no symptoms, but I'm not worried. Like I said, I'm just trying to stay hopeful!!
I agree (again ) on Christy's chart. : x 1,000!

Hezzy, glad you are managing to stay hopeful. : for you too. We are cycle buddies at least based on dpo. My chart looks good too but I am usually up and sometimes even apparently triphasic until that last plunge, so I am not reading anything into it. Not that I'm down -- just not getting actively excited or anything.

to all, especially those dealing with nasty af and nasty stomach bugs and all the rest!
#65 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM

UGH!! I did a big post on Friday night and it isn't here!!! Anyways I've been here all week, I just keep thinking I'll post when I have time to respond to everyone. Well its not happening.

I went through the whole range of emotions when AF came last week, but I'm feeling better now. I know a few people who have gotten pregnant after 2-3 cycles of Clomid/IUI so its giving me hope for this month. Its hard to stay positive month after month w/o getting worn down. The clomid isn't helping either!

Ity I am so sorry that AF came. I was really hoping that with three of us doing IUI's at least one of us would get pregnant. We've all tried for so long that I really don't care who gets a BFP first, as long as someone does. Funnygrace if you're out there - I think your chart still looks good! How long is your LP usually?

I bought some secondhand Motherease diapers this week. My dh was actually pretty excited about it. I'm still not 100% about cd'ing so we'll see. I also have a bunch of baby projects to finish for other people & am not really into it. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#66 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Hey! I wanted to say thanks for all the crossed fingers. I'm discovering that I'm incredibly nervous. I think it's because I don't expect this to work but my chart looks pretty. For the first time ever, my temps have stayed up consistently. Normally there are these large ups and downs and this chart isn't showing that. And I'm sure it's the clomid but I don't want it to be.

Bah... I need to get some dinner I think. Maybe that will clear my brain. Not working on the weekend is leaving me time to think which may not be a good thing currently. I can't test until Saturday, so I have to make it through the whole week! That's unimaginable... I really hope my temp stays up. :

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#67 of 576 Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

ity.. sorry for af

sarah.. .. I'm sorry you feel so down

lily... yay youre gonna O soon!!

christy.. youre chart does look good!! thats awesome

leslie.. mdc is rubbing on me too.. I've already looked into CD's... I wouldnt have even gave them a second glance with ds... and its a bit late for him to start now... but I guess its just something inside me thats saying "prepare yourselves... there is a babe in your future"

elk... stomach bug and colds here.. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery

there we go with some cheap personals... ... I've been so drained... we didnt even go to church today because we felt so awful... dh's throat is so bad that he sounds like hes smoked his entire life... (which we dont btw)

oh.. and lily.. when I got the keychain and explained what it meant to dh.. hes like.. "so you gotta hold it while we dtd... ?"
silly man (tho I wonder if it might help )

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#68 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 12:55 AM

hi ladies!
well, i guess i should feel some relief b/c all of a sudden dh had to go to BIG SKY, MONTANA for work of all places...snowboarding all day, conferences all nite...of course this came after he was gone 3 days last week, and i think i'm o'ing today or tomorrow...so this cycle's out. we managed to get in bd once since he was home one day in between trips. i'm with you ChristyM...i've had so much time to myself since dh has been gone...and more time to think is NOT a good thing for me! at least maybe the next af won't be as much as a disappointment due to these circumstances.

still fingers crossed for christy and any others finishing up the wait. guess i'm about in for a meaningless tww.

i've officially resigned myself to the thought that we'll have a 2008 baby...now this is REALLY starting to feel like it's been a long time. i don't think i have the energy for personals...all that's left i must spend on cleaning the bathroom

i hope it's a grand week for all...

mom to 2 pooches, one wild and awesome little boy kid.gif who joined our family through the miracle of adoption, and expecting 2 miracle babies in spring 2013 after 7 years of ttc!belly.gif

#69 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 AM

I got "Possible triphasic" this morning! I've never had that before when I really ovulated. There isn't a smiley big enough for my mood. Now I just hope it's not the clomid!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#70 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 AM

Christy your chart is looking REALLY promising, I hope this is it for you.

Elk you too :

I hope you nearly Oers O soon, it's too quiet around here without you!

Thanks for the support this weekend, I think I went through every possible emotion. I don't know if it's the provera and having hormones that I haven't had for five months or the full moon just everything hitting me at once but I was really not myself. DH let me cry it out on Sat for hours (really!) and I was so exhausted I just went to bed after that. I realize that I'm completely terrified of being pregnant again and completely terrified that I won't get pregnant again and so I'm not really sure what to do about either of them except for just try not to think about either one.

I think I'm doing better today, I have a lot of work to keep me busy this week and hopefully I won't think about things too much. I'm glad I'm nearly done with these meds because they give me terrible headaches. :

wishing you all and
#71 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

sarah... big hug to you... I wish I had the words to make you feel better

christy... your chart looks goooo-od

coome... .. sorry

so caffeine is supposed to effect ttc right? and thats why I've pretty much sworn it off (but everyone has to have chocolate right ) but I cant seem to find how long it will effect your body... I just keep reading its bad... wouldnt there be a timeframe connected to it... hours.. days weeks... *sigh*

#72 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
I got "Possible triphasic" this morning! I've never had that before when I really ovulated. There isn't a smiley big enough for my mood. Now I just hope it's not the clomid!
Very, very exciting! but that isn't big enough either!

Coome - to you. Must be frustrating that dh's travel is affecting this cycle... I am the one who travels for work in our house and I know dh is very annoyed that we won't be able to do the planned iui in March b/c of a work trip.

Sarah - to you, too! Hope that today is filled with a sense of peace, calm, and well-being. Or that you are gentle with yourself whatever the mood is. Hang in there!
#73 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 PM

PS Crystal, after 6 months of NO caffeine (except the occasional chocolate) I'm back to my one cup of caff tea or coffee each morning. I think the evidence is that small amounts don't interfere with fertility...
#74 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Christy :!!!!
#75 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Crystal - I think that by the time you get to this point it's not worth it to deprive yourself of things you like. It only serves to make you grumpy and if it really was a factor, shouldn't we all be pregnant by now?

I actually made the conscious decision a couple of weeks ago to stop letting ttc interfere with everything else in my life. So I accepted the job as the school's swim coach (meets start in November). Ironic then, that as soon as I do that, I get this chart... with a due date of 11/16. *sigh*

What are the chances that FRER would show results now, assuming that the dip on 7dpo is implantation?

#76 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Crystal - I think that by the time you get to this point it's not worth it to deprive yourself of things you like. It only serves to make you grumpy and if it really was a factor, shouldn't we all be pregnant by now?

I actually made the conscious decision a couple of weeks ago to stop letting ttc interfere with everything else in my life. So I accepted the job as the school's swim coach (meets start in November). Ironic then, that as soon as I do that, I get this chart... with a due date of 11/16. *sigh*

What are the chances that FRER would show results now, assuming that the dip on 7dpo is implantation?
Great point, Christy! And good for you on the new job.

If it were me, I'd wait a few more days (just because you went 14 dpo last month). BUT if you can't wait, I will be very excited to hear the good news!!!
#77 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Looks like I'm 14DPO. Took a test yesterday... BFN. Who knows.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#78 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Christy- You chart is looking very nice- :

Hezzy- your chart is looking good also- do you like TCOYF's charting tool? I've been using both it and FF... not sure which I like better yet...

Crystal- Caffein makes me happy I'm not sure I could ever give it up completely... that's sad :

Sarah- glad you are feeling better- I too am in that place where I am terrified to be pg, but terrified not to be as well. I know when it happens I will be ecstatic, so I keep working on it. to you!

Coome- I know how you feel about the bd timing and af- we just weren't in the mood much this cycle, and I think we missed our chance. SO, when af comes it won't be as disappointing as usual. And if it doesn't come... I will be so happily surprised!!!

Lily- I'm still loving my keychain- I show it to everyone I know! Thanks again

Elk, Leslie, Ity, Tenk and anyone I forgot- You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

I am okay today. I think I O'd yesterday, so we missed our bd window, but I'm okay with it. As long as I am Oing I know it will happen. I am going to take the soy again for a few months, and if it hasn't happened I will go on clomid.

Other than that, I'm okay. I'm not so sick anymore, and am actually going to class... speaking of, I have to leave for class two minutes ago!!! Talk to you all later!

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#79 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Hi everyone!

ValarieR—Sorry you think you missed your window... but you never know. I've had less than perfect timing on a cycle and thought maybe that was what would make it lucky as perfect timing doesn't seem to work! But it is relaxing to not be so hopeful. I am always relaxed pre-O.

hazeleyes--Good luck! Maybe it is just a late implanter...?

ChristyM26--Congratulations on accepting the swim coach job! It does seem better to have to deal with quitting if you are blessed with a pregnancy than to be in constant limbo.

Hezzy--:

coome--I hope the break is a relief for you. I think we are taking April off. I think it'll be nice...

angel1895--Let us know if holding the keychain while dtd works! I'm willing to try it...

SarahJen--

lesliesara--I'm glad you are feeling hopeful and patient. It is really difficult to wrap one's mind around the statistics involved and the variables. Like just because the IUI didn't work this month doens't mean that it is not a good method to keep trying. There is a good chart here that shows cumulative percentages...
http://www.in-gender.com/XYU/ART/cumulative-odds.aspx
For example, if a method has a 25% success rate per cycle, in 3 cycles you'd have a 57.8% chance and in 6 cycles an 88.2% chance.

My chart still looks okay (temp even up today), but I was on progesterone which extends my cycle. I also have negative tests that I don't think I've recorded... Here I'll go do that.

May I please have some advice?

I am spotting today and I think today will be CD1. We are taking the month of April off (no IUI, no drugs, no special dtd timing). So we have this cycle to still try. Which of the following do you suggest?

Plan #1a)
Start 50 mg Clomid on CD 3. Don't do an IUI. Do stay on Progesterone. Drink lots of water, preseed, well timed gio.

Plan #1b)
Start Clomid on CD3. Try to do an IUI (timing will be more difficult). Do stay on Prometrium.

Plan #1c)
Start Clomid on CD3. Don't take Prometrium (just see if Clomid helps with the progesterone levels). This will allow me to not be so second-guessy about testing. I always fear that I get a neg test but am preg, stop the progesterone and then don't cont. with implantation.

Plan #1d)
Start Clomid on CD3. No Prometrium. Yes to IUI.

Plan #2)
Don't start Clomid. Do stay on Progesterone but up it to 2 X per day. Do another IUI.

Plan #3)
Don't start Clomid. Do stay on Progesterone but up it to 2X per day. Don't do IUI. Just wait until May to continue with the IUI/Clomid combos.

Thanks! Feel free to suggest some combination of the variables above. I feel a little lost.

[My thoughts: Bad to do Clomid for just one month and then stop for a month? Good to save money by only doing Clomid, no IUI? Clomid will dry up mucus, shouldn't I just add IUI immediately? Do I have time to be moody and sick right now (this is only a minor thought)? Fear of twin boys (though I know some lovely twin boys!), is the fact that I've only been taking Progesterone 1X per day part of the problem and would 2X be good? We are busy this month as well (IUI might be difficult... but then so might well-timed gio) should I just wait until May to continue the interventions? But this month is last chance for 2007 baby.]
#80 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Funnygrace, have you done clomid yet? Or will this be your first month?
#81 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Funnygrace - don't assume the clomid will dry you up until you try it. I didn't have that side effect... actually, I didn't really have any side effects, but don't assume that you'll have a particular side effect until you've tried it. My experience with it has been very different from lily's and ocean's. Or most anybody else I've talked to actually... hmmm....

I would actually try the clomid for month and see when you ovulate with it. It's probably nearly impossible it time an IUI on the first month of clomid. I wouldn't have been able to. Plus, I don't think that stopping for a month would be a bad thing. I can't help with the progesterone issue though.

#82 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM

Hazeleyes - I'm sure you're wondering what is going on. Me too! But I will be keeping : for you...

Funnygrace - I'm glad this isn't a multiple choice exam because I really don't know. I'd go with your gut. I did think that clomid + iui sounded like a good plan, if you can afford it...
#83 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks for your responses--I know it was a tough question! But there is no right answer. Yes, this would be my first month on Clomid. I wouldn't really be monitored but would make an appointment to see my OB when af/pos test was expected. ChristyM26--That's good to remember--I might not have side effects. And also I am interested to hear that you agree that timing IUI might be difficult. (We'd do the IUI on our own again, so we'd have to try to time it w/out trigger shot, monitoring.)
#84 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 06:49 PM

I don't know how to paste a link to another thread, so I'll just tell you that on the 6 mo+ thread there is a new message from StacyMom. She has found out that there was a blighted ovum or something else wrong (no further development) and she'll be having a d & c soon. I thought I'd mention this here because so many of us were on the 6 mo + thread when she was, and I don't know if you all are still reading there or not.

Her post is on the bottom of their page 3.

Elk
#85 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 PM

OMG!!!! It's positive!!!!! I can't believe it, but the line came up straight away. OMG - I'm going to have a baby!!

#86 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

HOLY COW!!!! yay for Christy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

good news and bad news all in one day... i cant take this :

#87 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Christy

I am SO EXCITED for you! Congratulations and 10,000 hugs!!!!!! I'm glad you didn't wait to test, too!!!!!!

After you've recovered from the terrific news and received all the good wishes, remind us what you did this month and how you felt, etc. etc. Yippee again!!!!
#88 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 PM

: : : :
: : :
CHRISTY!!!
: You're having a BABY!!!:
: : :
: : : :

Oh my god! I'm so so happy and excited for you, enjoy EVERY SINGLE SECOND you've earned it the HARD WAY mama!

You know today I was looking up clomid success rates and I though of how many of us are using it and what the odds are that someone HAS to get pregnant soon on it and I said to myself it's Christy right now. AND IT IS!

Seriously, I know we all say we're happy when we're dying a little bit but this time I'm full on happy for someone. I'm dancing a little bit in my chair and having a little cry for you.
#89 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 PM

OK - Sarah's icon usage has put me to shame!

But I wanted to pop back in and agree with Sarah that this is one time that I am so honestly, completely, totally thrilled and overjoyed for your BFP.

Way to go, girl!!!
#90 of 576 Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 PM

It's a smiley party and it's still not big enough!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page