TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hezzy - you're chart looks alright to me. :

I'm still around, not much to report, CD8 here.
#122 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Okay ladies... I have a problem and need advice...

I keep 2 charts- FF and TCOYF. According to FF I o'd a few days ago, but TCOYF disagrees. I had a 7 day LP last cycle, so I got some natural progesterone cream to help out. Here's my question:

When should I start using the cream? Should I wait until both charts tell me I o'd, or go ahead now?

Both charts are in my siggie...

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#123 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM

ValarieR--That's a tough question. It looks like you can't really rely on past charts for a sense of when you usually ovulate. You also have the new effect of soy--you don't yet know what it does to your cycle. I think if I were you I would wait a bit longer to start the cream. If the soy does act like clomid, it will up your progesterone (more robust ovulation/corpus luteum) and should lengthen your LP. If you take the cream now and it is too early, it could prevent you from ovulating.
#124 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 03:51 PM

Leslie I'm in Mississauga (and freezing!), I lived downtown TO all my life and just moved out here last year, can't say I love it so far. : at least I still go in for work though.

Elk I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you

Hezzy, I know it's hard to stay positive. IF (if if, not for sure) it's not your month then good luck GIO on holidays!

Ity, Lily, Ocean ... missing you

Nothing new with me my temp is going down so I expect af by the weekend (yessss! what? yes, SERIOUSLY yessssssssss! I'm going to have a little AF party) and looking forward to some clomid crazyness bring on the hot flashes I could use it in this cold weather.

Hope you're all well!
#125 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Hi Sarah! and everyone too!

Ocean, I am loving the spotting on your chart!!! hmmmmm...... I say GIO, GIO and GIO whoo hoooo!
#126 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

even if I take out the really high temp (cd26 98.4) ff still gives me pretend crosshairs... :... does anyone have ANY input??

where is everyone today?

sarah.. af dust!! : I hear ya about the cold... spring will break through soon... I cant wait!!!!!

valarie.. I really dont have any input.. I dont know about the cream at all.. sorry

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#127 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Ocean, I am loving the spotting on your chart!!! hmmmmm...... I say GIO, GIO and GIO whoo hoooo!
Thanks for noticing Lily ! :
Maybe we will both O together and keep on being cycle buddies, then DD buddies :
Did you have a + opk yet ? :

I will say this, I am loving the EWCM I have this time around, no clomid, no vitex just pre-natals and EPO. Last night I noticed more EWCM than the past three cycles put together. I always think of that story in TCOYF (I have hardly cracked the cover of that book in the past year but know most of it by heart) where the woman stops clomid and a few months later she is "swimming in eggwhite".
I want to be swimming in eggwhite too !

Thanks to everyone who wished my DD well, she is much better now and much fiestier Well, I am just glad she is better. Her birthday is this weekend and we are hosting huge party for her... I have rented a building in the park and hired a magician oh my !

Val I think you should hold off on the progesterone till you are sure... you could easily be about to ovulate and that would screw everything up. What are your other fertility signs besides temp doing ?

Hi Sarah and Elk and everyone

Crystal don't forget to move Christy - best part of being threadkeeper !

I wish I could write more but I have to fly...later !
#128 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

HOLY CRAP

christy.. dont take offense to that... I didnt mean it (I think I forgot that I'm the threadkeeper)

#129 of 576 Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Val I think you should hold off on the progesterone till you are sure... you could easily be about to ovulate and that would screw everything up. What are your other fertility signs besides temp doing ?
Well, No matter where I am in my cycle I can't reach my cervix, I have no idea what my cm means (it is never like in the pics in the back of TCOYF!!) And I have never had a + opk, even when I feel O and have a bit of spotting...

So, my temp is most of what I go by... I'm going to wait a few days before I use the cream, just in case

~Valarie~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#130 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
HOLY CRAP

christy.. dont take offense to that... I didnt mean it (I think I forgot that I'm the threadkeeper)

No offense taken. I figured you'd remember sooner or later.
FYI, yes I'm lurking.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#131 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM

Good morning everyone

CD1 here :
#132 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 11:10 AM

SarahJen : I hope this is your cycle!!!
#133 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

congrats sarah! it looks like your body is finally back to "normal".. yay!

#134 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
No offense taken. I figured you'd remember sooner or later.
FYI, yes I'm lurking.
with everthing thats going on lately I truly am sorry!

btw.. this weekend will be filled with helping my father move... : can things just slow down a little bit now? please?

ff is a mean mean b*tch... I cant get it to take away my crosshairs... and it keeps saying that if I concieved my dd would be my mothers bday... thats NOT what I want...

#135 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 11:55 AM

Crystal you should be able to remove them with tuning/override if you really want to.
#136 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah ... hehehe...:

I'm pretty certain I didnt O.. so whats the point of having it on there right?

#137 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been missing. My MIL is coming this morning to stay for two nights so PERFECT TIMING eh? We don't care. If my OPK test is positive, we are going to bed early.

I didn't take a test yesterday because dh promised BD for me that night, so I didn't bother. But it is negative this morning so its off to the store to buy another 7 for $28.00!!! And I have a feeling it will be positive this afternoon. But who knows. So Ocean, we will be a couple days apart I'm afraid! Darn, that was fun being cycle buddies!

Sarah, I am so happy to see your new chart. Are you going to start Clomid?

Angel, bummer, I got kind of excited yesterday seeing you 7 dpo, even though I wasn't sure if you thought it was true or not.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I am sure I will be here soon, when my TWW begins. I have been trying to do other things.

I sure hope I O today or tomorrow! Then I might get an "high" grade on my FF score!!
#138 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Sarah, I am so happy to see your new chart. Are you going to start Clomid?
Yes : 5 - 9. Any advice clomid users? Take it morning or night? How many days until I start opks?

Lily you can't O yet you'll ruin my "you're about to O" temp theory! Well maybe that's a good thing on second thought, something different to start the 2ww with a different result at the end? :
#139 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Sarah, I took mine at night, to avoid feeling any side effects, except I woke during the night probably once per night with hot flashes, which is no big deal to me.

I would start OPK about four days after last pill myself.
#140 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think I need to start hanging out here. I'm the thread keeper for the 6+ month thread and I recently added a new member who began TTC an entire year after I did. Pretty depressing.

I'm in the 2ww - 8 DPO. On the up side I haven't gotten b-tchy with my hubby yet - I typically get very short tempered with him about a week after O. On the down side, my temps are sticking close to the coverline and also our BD timing wasn't very good.

lilyflower - Good luck catching the egg!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#141 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Good morning everyone

CD1 here :
Hoooooray!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
btw.. this weekend will be filled with helping my father move... : can things just slow down a little bit now? please?

ff is a mean mean b*tch... I cant get it to take away my crosshairs... and it keeps saying that if I concieved my dd would be my mothers bday... thats NOT what I want...
Ugh - I hate moving, and I hate helping people move. I wouldn't worry about FF's crosshairs, I would just leave it, because when you do O, it should reset itself.

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been missing. My MIL is coming this morning to stay for two nights so PERFECT TIMING eh? We don't care. If my OPK test is positive, we are going to bed early.
I didn't take a test yesterday because dh promised BD for me that night, so I didn't bother. But it is negative this morning so its off to the store to buy another 7 for $28.00!!! And I have a feeling it will be positive this afternoon. But who knows.
Lily - good for you, Just tell MIL you are tired, and head up to GIO! I don't much care whats going on, if I'm ovulating, I'm having sex - doesn't matter where we are... (Ok, within reason, I'm not gonna gio in the mall or the grocery store... )

Quote:
Yes : 5 - 9. Any advice clomid users? Take it morning or night? How many days until I start opks?
I took it at night, so that the worst of the side effects happened while I slept. The hot flashes were vicious though - I would wake up literally drenched in sweat. I'm not missing that this month.

As for OPK's, I usually start them about cd10, but if it's completely neg, I'll skip a day before I test again - so I tend to test days 10/12/14 until I see a faint line, then I check daily.
#142 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Good morning everyone

CD1 here :

Woo-Hoo Sarah ! I am glad your wait is over and your clomid can begin. I took mine at night and had few side effects... a few hot flashes, a bit sesitive to bright light, strange dreams, painful ovulation. Nothing major. If I thought it was ok I'd take it longer (I still have one round left of my three) but I do think it takes its toll on people. I'd recommend taking EPO to keep up the CM, I think it has really helped me.

Ity how about you ? How are you feeling the cycle after clomid ? I hope we both get "freebies" from residual clomid in our bodies, I have heard of many women saying they got pg after coming off clomid : Hey it makes me feel better.

Quote:

I didn't take a test yesterday because dh promised BD for me that night, so I didn't bother. But it is negative this morning so its off to the store to buy another 7 for $28.00!!! And I have a feeling it will be positive this afternoon. But who knows. So Ocean, we will be a couple days apart I'm afraid! Darn, that was fun being cycle buddies!

Lily I have my MIL coming in a few days too... I am pretty sure I will O by then thought unless something goes horribly wrong :
Please, get yourself to saveontests.com or some similar place.... $28 for 7 ovulation tests is way too much. My IC test strips are less than 50 cents each. I know it's depressing to buy a bunch at once like that, but it costs less than you have to spend now and I always hope that I am tempting fate by investing $ in those things, and maybe somehow it will help me get pg you know, so fate can laugh at me and my 50 opks

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
I think I need to start hanging out here. I'm the thread keeper for the 6+ month thread and I recently added a new member who began TTC an entire year after I did. Pretty depressing.
Allison IKWYM, it is things like that which told me I had to move on. Although admittedly it was hard. I started out on that thread with folks who are due with their babies now ! I am glad they moved on, but it does amplify how f*#%$&* long I have been going through this ttc BS.
Well, you are in good company here. And eligible for that magical newbie luck that seems to lurk on every thread
#143 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I don't much care whats going on, if I'm ovulating, I'm having sex - doesn't matter where we are... (Ok, within reason, I'm not gonna gio in the mall or the grocery store... )
Why not?! Some of my favorite memories are from public places... we always joke that if we make a baby in public, we'll name the kid after the place... I can imagine calling my child inside, "IKEA Roney, get in the house now!!!"

Yes, I have had too much time to think these things through... this is what happens when it takes a long time to get pg...

Seriously... am I knocked up yet?!

~Valarie~

#144 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 03:28 PM

I've gotten really busy and been neglecting this thread and MDC in general for a few days, I hope you all can forgive me, I'm planning to get caught up soon!!

I'm hoping maybe you can offer some advice for me! I'm pretty sure I've got a UTI or bladder infection, including blood in the urine! Ordinarly I'd just take cranberry pills and wait it out but the blood makes me nervous. I'm on CD 15 with no sign of ovulation yet. I guess I should go to the doctor and they'll want to give me antibiotics Does anyone have any other suggestions? Could this be related to me trying eggwhites as lubricant a coupe days ago?

~Airmide
#145 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

I'm in the 2ww - 8 DPO. On the up side I haven't gotten b-tchy with my hubby yet - I typically get very short tempered with him about a week after O.
Hi Allisonrose. Good to see you, though of course we wish you were all done with the ttc boards. You're very welcome here. And I had to giggle at the comment about being witchy with dh at a certain time. I haven't noticed any pattern, but maybe I will ask dh. But he might say "all the time."

Quote:
Lily I have my MIL coming in a few days too...
Lily & Ocean - My MIL is coming to visit too. What's up with the MILs travel? Do they coordinate? But we will either be celebrating (trying to stay positive, although I don't actually feel it) or she'll arrive just as af does. Fun.

Airmide - No advice at all but to you!
#146 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure I will O by then thought unless something goes horribly wrong :

Awww, your body seems to be waiting for me. How sweet! I feel loved.
#147 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Ity how about you ? How are you feeling the cycle after clomid ? I hope we both get "freebies" from residual clomid in our bodies, I have heard of many women saying they got pg after coming off clomid : Hey it makes me feel better.
I feel alright, I'm fighting off a : : massive head/chest cold :: at the moment, but the bonus of not being preggers is that I can drink herbal cold-season/breathe easy teas and dose myself with amssive amounts of airborne and cold meds. I just want to be able to breath thru my nose, I mean really, is it too much to ask?

I feel like if I don't get pregnant this month, I will lose my mind. Seriously, the last 3-4 months when AF shows up I'm not just sad and "aww bummer" It gets worse every month. Last time I contemplated staying in bed for a week, I could NOT stop crying (Everywhere too... if I saw a kid/baby, forget it - I had to leave the grocery store one day without half the stuff I went in for) and I got myself incredibly drunk the night she showed up. Of course, the resulting hangover made cd2 just that much more interesting. : So I can't do this anymore if it's not going to happen, it won't, and maybe I just need to let go of the idea of getting pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarieR View Post
Why not?! Some of my favorite memories are from public places... we always joke that if we make a baby in public, we'll name the kid after the place... I can imagine calling my child inside, "IKEA Roney, get in the house now!!!"

Yes, I have had too much time to think these things through... this is what happens when it takes a long time to get pg...

Seriously... am I knocked up yet?!

~Valarie~
Ikea? Super Stop n Shop? Hey, didn't the Beckhams name their son Brooklyn , because thats where he was concieved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
I've gotten really busy and been neglecting this thread and MDC in general for a few days, I hope you all can forgive me, I'm planning to get caught up soon!!

I'm hoping maybe you can offer some advice for me! I'm pretty sure I've got a UTI or bladder infection, including blood in the urine! Ordinarly I'd just take cranberry pills and wait it out but the blood makes me nervous. I'm on CD 15 with no sign of ovulation yet. I guess I should go to the doctor and they'll want to give me antibiotics Does anyone have any other suggestions? Could this be related to me trying eggwhites as lubricant a coupe days ago?
~Airmide
I doubt it's related to using eggwhites - I would call and make a Dr appt, because of the blood. Without blood I'd just drink massive amounts of cranberry juice, eat lots of yogurt and call it a day, but if there is blood, I think it's time to call the Dr.
#148 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks! I made a Dr's appointment, I think they're just gonna have me pee in the cup and not actually see the doctor. Which is too bad cause I wouldn't mind seeing him...there are a few other tests I wanted to ask for (Anyone here knowledgeable about copper toxicity?)

I'm also taking cranberry pills and apple cider vinegar and lots of fluids. The triage nurse told me I can get the Pyridium over the counter. I guess that could be good though last time it didn't seem to offer any pain relief and there haven't been enough studies done to prove safety during pregnancy or that it wouldn't impair fertility. I dunno maybe I'm just paranoid, taking it for a couple days probably couldn't hurt especially since I haven't ovulated yet.
#149 of 576 Old 03-08-2007, 08:46 PM

Airmide - sorry you don't feel well...

Barbara - Hope you feel better soon!

Lily (and anyone else) - I finally got a pic of that BFP. It's here: http://flickr.com/photos/cmorley/

Sarah - yay for cd1! Hopefully this is your start of 40 weeks.

Elk - That chart looks real pretty. that it's good news!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#150 of 576 Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 AM

Christy - Good to hear from you and to see the new icon in your siggy! And thanks for the dust. I'm actually feeling crampy and have been in a FOUL mood today, so I am expecting af in the next day or 2. But I am trying to hold on to a little tiny bit of hope, and I would certainly love, love, love to be proven wrong.

Ity - I'm sorry the last few weeks have been so utterly lousy for you. Hope the cold disappears soon and the blues are at least manageable.

and 'night 'night to you all...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page