Forum Jump: 

#241 of 576 Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
leslie! yay! catch that eggie

barbara... peektures.. cute! nice quilt.. if only I could sew

so I became a mom again today ..
one of my green swordtails had 5 babies... and still has more in her tummy .. and my other female is due soon too... (look see! I found something positive today

sarah.. youre quiet today...

ugh.. time for bed... *sigh*

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 AM

Lesliesara - : :

Funnygrace, your beautiful "smilie designs" will be my most exciting reward for getting a positive at the end of this TWW! I love 'em.
#243 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 07:12 AM

lesliesara : for your insem!

Lily your camping trip sounds wonderful, that's totally something I would do - just take a canoe and go. My DH thinks I'm crazy, he's a total city boy, but I love being out in nature just being quiet and enjoying it.

Ity that quilt is so adorable!

Clara I have also read that OHIP covers ivf in the case where both tubes are blocked.

Ocean wherever you are,

Crystal hope you're hanging in there

Teneal I hope you and your family are doing ok after this year marker, I'm glad to hear you and your DH are in synch with your hopes. I miss you around here.

Elk, fiber_artist, aramide, everyone else I forgot

OH a clomid question before I go - did any of you have weird vision things when you first woke up? When I get up and go into the bathroom with the light on there's sort of halos around things. It goes away after a few minutes but it's definitely not the norm for me.
#244 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Hi Sarah!!!

I may have had some very slight blurriness to my vision, I don't think any halos. I did not notice anything real strong though. I hope it doesn't continue. I just want to tell you I think you are going to get pg this month. I just think you are. I have a feeling. Yes, I am excited about going camping because it is a whole different trip without the kids. I always take them camping, so this will be a "just me" trip. I will be able to be absolutely SILENT if I want. I will be able to think full thoughts all the way through!!!

I have gone there once before for four days by myself so this will be even longer. I am hoping the weather stays a little nicer. I am hoping I don't even have to go, but it sure helps to think about something else.

Ocean, Tenk, I am thinking about you!!

I realized I was totally confused about the time change and was entering the wrong temps, so now my temps look much more regular. I was worried they were so low. For some reason at that hour, I just can't think properly.

I have told a couple of friends recently about TTC. I don't know, but I feel like I have already quit in a way. It is kind of weird planning a trip and thinking about the future without TTC. I have totally decided to quit charting and trying after this month. I will be saving my two more months of Clomid just in case, but I probably won't be using it. I am sick of talking about it. It is frustrating to go so long and have not "succeeded" so it really makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time. It would not feel that way if I had finally became pregnant, but now it does.

Okay, I better work. I am just letting my thoughts flow out into this typing.
#245 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
barbara... peektures.. cute! nice quilt.. if only I could sew
so I became a mom again today ..
one of my green swordtails had 5 babies... and still has more in her tummy .. and my other female is due soon too... (look see! I found something positive today
It's all machine sewing, I'm not a hand quilter. It's far easier than you'd think. Congrats on the baby fishies, I love how cute the little ones are, although I never had any survive to being bigger fishies. Either they got sucked up by the filter or eaten by the bigger fish. I was a bad fishie momma.
#246 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of you all and wanted to add a few things.

Sarah I think about you guys often too and miss being here. It's different for me know feeling wise. I'm at an ok place, and altho we really really want a baby, I might get over it......who knows. I do so hope that it works for you this cycle with the clomid tho. Good Luck and best wishes. Oh, I had lots of crazy things happen off and on with the clomid.....I'm sure it's normal....no worries girly.

Barbara Do you mind if I ask how much your Insem cost? Not to be nosey, just currious......are you going to do the insem again? GL

Lily I know what you mean. It's just a weird feeling, but I feel the same way. I'm temping this cycle, but I'm scantly using OPK's and not really too much of a concern with it. I just don't know why. I am 100% sick of seeing all my friends new babies however. I have 7 *close* friends that have given birth in the last 4 months tho and seriously it's making me sick. j

Sorry to all of you that have gotten your BFP's lately, I am truly happy for you, b/c I know the struggles that you've been thru to get here (there really, since I'm not there I can't say here....LOL)

Last night we were watching a home decorating show and the show started talking about how they were redecorating for baby. Well they then showed the couple's baby girl (newborn) named Kamryn. I stood up and said "I think I'm going to throw up". It was just sickening to see a newborn baby girl named Kamryn. I think DH agreed as he just stared. Oh well what can you do right.

Again, I'm thinking of all of you and I can't wait for you all to post your BFP updates!!!!

Love~ Teneal

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#247 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post

Barbara Do you mind if I ask how much your Insem cost? Not to be nosey, just currious......are you going to do the insem again? GL
No problem, I think it was $500 or so... insurance covered the $50 or so that was the basic office visit, but we paid all lab fees and such.
#248 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Lily that's a great point about the time change!! I hadn't considered that, how are we supposed to handle it? That makes my chart even more confusing for me I've never had so many similar temps all in a row! The more I look at it the more I'm wondering if I ovulated on day 10. We still figured it was worth it to BD last night just in case I haven't yet.

Now I'm really upset with myself and the doctors that I took the Bactrim (and tylenol a couple times for the fever), especially when it turned out not even to be an infection. Hopefully I'll get some answers later today.
#249 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

sarah.. I have wierd vision things and I'm not on clomid (I have stupid eyes)

ity... youre not a bad fishie mama... its the stupid adult fish that are bad... they shouldnt eat their babies!!

teneal.. its a common name.. I'm really sorry you went through that pain

airmide.. I'd be mad too if I didnt have to take the meds... I really really hope things look up for you!

lily.. its nice to have mommy time huh? I understand about the time change! I MADE myself remember... 3 papers around the house reminding me to change the clocks :

ugh.. back to work... blah

#250 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 PM

Ity - your quilts and baby gooddies are wonderful. You should go into business making them.

Lily - I completely understand where you are coming from. I am just fininshing up this months charting and then no more.. I am done 2. I hope your get away helps you.

Crystal - Congrats on the fishies!!! Mine always die

airmide - I also forgot about the time change.. OOPS!!!!

Teneal - Lots of hugs for you...

Leslie - My fingers are crossed. I hope this is your month. Thank you for the info you sent. It was very helpfull. DH was very excited.

Hi to everyone else I missed!
#251 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM

I checked Fertility Friend and according to them, the time change should only affect one day's temp, and you should continue to take it at the same time as usual, ignoring the change. Still makes me curious though.
#252 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

clara.. is TO toronto??.. pardon my ignorance :

airmide youre right about the time good for you for looking

god am I SO NOT motivated today ... its so nice here I'm in awe that this is march ... but theres still snow on the ground blah!!!

#253 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Crystal Yes TO is Toronto and I completely understand the no motivation thing even though it's sunny here today (Sun is very scarce where we are) it still feels blah.....
#254 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

oooh clara.. youre officially a "member".. yay for 50 posts

#255 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM

That is so Cool... What do I win
#256 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 PM

This is the never ending AF.
#257 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

.. sarah... it could be longer ()

#258 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

hahahaha clara.. you win.. uh... well nothing yet.. but in a few days you'll get some new forums and stuff to lurk and post on (I dont think its fair.. but people dont listen to me )

#259 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
.. sarah... it could be longer ()
Actually I thought of you just now when I remembered I posted this. Yes, you're right, it could be, it just seems never ending for me.

:
#260 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

.. its ok.. 6 days seems like nothin to me

#261 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
lesliesara : for your insem!

OH a clomid question before I go - did any of you have weird vision things when you first woke up? When I get up and go into the bathroom with the light on there's sort of halos around things. It goes away after a few minutes but it's definitely not the norm for me.
Thanks for the good wishes. Clomid has given me some slight vision things. Like I'll see something out of the corner of my eye, but its just a flash. Its also given me nausea, headaches & hot flashes. Fun isn't it? I take mine days 2-6 and get the most side effects day 6-12 approx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booja's mom View Post
Crystal Yes TO is Toronto and I completely understand the no motivation thing even though it's sunny here today (Sun is very scarce where we are) it still feels blah.....
Another one from TO. Sarah is too. Where do you live now in the states? I'm from Windsor.

Thank you so much to everyone cheering the spermies on! Funnygrace that was a great smilie parade! What are you guys doing this month? Another IUI or just the old fashioned thing?

I know I've said this before but I really should stop charting. My obsession will probably kick in around 6-7 dpo and I'll really go crazy. Does anyone else temp just part of the month?

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#262 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM

lesliesara--Hi! Yes, sometimes I just temp part of the month... I think it is a good idea. Sometimes I feel like the whole goal of this obsession is producing a lovely chart. I can't quite fathom that the chart doesn't matter... but it doesn't. Not that I don't rely on mine. Not to knock the chart!

We are no clomid and I think yes IUI. He has an xray on the day I ovulate (prob). Everyone we've asked and everything I've read says that's fine. But still... ? I know that it is like taking a cross-country flight, and I wouldn't hesitate about sperm after a flight. Anyway. I wish this wasn't stressful. I feel good about this month. I felt like last month was a boy (I was excited about last month too!) and this month is a girl, born in December. Anyone else have feelings like that? Doesn't have anything to do with timing... and is probably wrong (because chances are that this month will not result... shhh....)

Ity—Thanks for sharing all of your sewing projects! Really nice. I am chomping to sew for this baby (my baby... not yet conceived)... and have sewed for dozens of other babies. I might make a quilt for a friend's PhD graduation this spring. I'm thinking about overdying all of the scraps of fabric I have and doing a two color pattern. I can't help how much I like sewing.
#263 of 576 Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 PM

Hey there, everyone - MIL is in town to visit and I have a huge deadline at work so I have been quiet for a day or so. But I caught up and wanted to say hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I have told a couple of friends recently about TTC. I don't know, but I feel like I have already quit in a way. It is kind of weird planning a trip and thinking about the future without TTC. I have totally decided to quit charting and trying after this month. I will be saving my two more months of Clomid just in case, but I probably won't be using it. I am sick of talking about it.
for you, Lily. I think with any big switch in plans (which stopping now would be...) you have to imagine it for a while, kind of try it on, to see if it feels right. I'm still hoping that you have a great surprise this month, but wishing you peach no matter which way you go.

Quote:
This is the never ending AF.
for you, Sarah!

And : and excitement for Lesliesara after the insem! I loved the idea of taking it easy to let the little guys do their thing.

I'll be in and out through Friday, while we're entertaining MIL, but I'll be thinking about you even when I'm not around.
#264 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM

Leslie - My Best Friend went to Windsor U so i used to hang out in Windsor a lot... Now I live in rainy Seattle or close to Seattle.... But I am going back home for Easter and I am so excited. I need a Tim Hortons coffee so bad ... DH and I usually try to make it to Vancouver 1 once a month for our fix but life has gotten in the way of my Tim Hortons fix. Sorry it's a small obsession of mine that and I really hate Starbucks.

Funnyface : This month I am imagining twin boys born on my anniversary in DEC... Even though I know it won't happen that is what my dreams are about this month. So I can completely sympathize. I don't think it has to do with timing for me I think TTC is making me loopy and eventually it's going to put me in the loony bin.

Good night!!
#265 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Ocean wherever you are,

Hey Sarah and everyone. I haven't been here in a couple days... Sunday was DD's Bday and we threw a huge and exhausting bash (I guess some days being an only child has its privilege). Then yesterday I cleaned like a maniac because MIL has come to visit and stay with us. I just now caught up and I will not be able to write all I wanted to.

So TTC has taken a back burner. Plus my chart looks awful after my pretty clomid and even my vitex ones. My temps are low and erratic. Bleh. Whatever.

I still feel positive, I still feel this baby is coming close and we are bringing him/her in soon. But I have been too busy to think on it too much, and a little too disillusioned.
DD took almost a year to get, and I didn't expect it to happen the first month TTC but I never imagined it would take this long. Just the thought of that is almost too painful to bear. (it has been almost 2 yrs now)

Lily and many others I have been feeling in a similar way. I can't stop TTC but I need to step back a bit. I have to come to terms with "what if" and consider what other plans we might have.
Sometimes I think I am manifesting this kid so much its going to wind up coming out of someone else and we will adopt it.

Quote:
OH a clomid question before I go - did any of you have weird vision things when you first woke up? When I get up and go into the bathroom with the light on there's sort of halos around things. It goes away after a few minutes but it's definitely not the norm for me
I had a sensitivity to light the first clomid cycle. If the halos persist or are pretty serious I would check in with the dr - its just a phonecall, right ?

I hope to be back soon with real personals... until then know that I am thinking of you all with hugs and : fingers crossed.
#266 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

awww.. ocean we love you

clara.. the city of eternal showers... tim hortons is invading the states... in NY we have plenty of 'em.. and i dont even live upstate (well I live in western which is concidered upstate from NYC.. anyway.. tangent)

geez.. every has a MIL invading this week... mine stopped yesterday.. of course the house was disaster ... it always is when she stops... never fail
ds didnt want anything to do with her.. I think he broke her heart

#267 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=booja's mom;7549554] I need a Tim Hortons coffee so bad /QUOTE]

ME TOO!!! I grew up near Detroit and we would cross the boarder a lot. Also I have a dear friend that lives just outside of Windsor and we visit her once a year. Just before I moved from Detroit Tim Hortons came to Michigan and I was so excited. In Northern Michigan where I live now, we don't have Tim Hortons and I miss it.

Yoga loving momma to DD Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08 , DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason .
Namaste
#268 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
awww.. ocean we love you

clara.. the city of eternal showers... tim hortons is invading the states... in NY we have plenty of 'em.. and i dont even live upstate (well I live in western which is concidered upstate from NYC.. anyway.. tangent)

geez.. every has a MIL invading this week... mine stopped yesterday.. of course the house was disaster ... it always is when she stops... never fail
ds didnt want anything to do with her.. I think he broke her heart
[QUOTE=edensmama;7550992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by booja's mom View Post
I need a Tim Hortons coffee so bad /QUOTE]
ME TOO!!! I grew up near Detroit and we would cross the boarder a lot. Also I have a dear friend that lives just outside of Windsor and we visit her once a year. Just before I moved from Detroit Tim Hortons came to Michigan and I was so excited. In Northern Michigan where I live now, we don't have Tim Hortons and I miss it.
Now, I'm from New England, so There are Dunkin Donuts everywhere here - you can walk from one to the other in some areas. But there is a Tim Hortons about 15-20 minutes from here, that I haven't tried, cause I assumed it was the same watery coffee that Dunkin serves, that I dislike muchly. I'm a Starbucks girl on the rare occasions I splurge for takeout coffee.

Back to baby talk - I saw my pregnant friend last night. she is HUGE! Like, omg, the belly! It seriously looks like twins, I jokingly told her that I never thought she'd look flat-chested (shes like a DD or something) but with the gigantic belly, she does look flat. She also insists that the stereotype of the hally glowing pregnant woman is a crock, but I think its the hormones talkin. That and she's due in about 3 weeks, so I think she's just ready to be done with it. And it was weird, cause usually pregnant women make me feel like crying, but with her I'm just SO freekin happy for them that it doesn't bother me that she "beat me to it" kwim? That and I know they tried for a while, so I feel like she's one of us 12+ monthers (well, she is, she just isn't on MDC... yet. ) so it's just a feeling of happiness that I get when one of you guys gets pregnant - it's nice to be able to be genuinely happy for someone's pregnancy, because I feel so angry when I see random pregnant women that I'm starting to feel kinda bad about it.
#269 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well CD1 here. Since I already knew on Sunday that it was coming, I'm okay today. A little bummed but I think I already cried out all my tears for this cycle.

My hubby downloaded a song onto my iPod on Sunday and told me to listen to it when/if AF showed. It was the song "You are loved (Don't give up)" by Josh Groban. Very sweet of him. (Okay I lied above - I cried a bit when I listened to that song this morning - but it was because it was so sweet of my hubby.)

I don't think I'm going to temp this month. I'm set up to O on a Wednesday again (hubby and I are temporarily living apart and just see each other on the weekends). I'll be moving next month so being pg and paranoid about lifting anything heavier than 5 pounds wouldn't be helpful. So I think we'll just have sex when we see each other for the sake of sex rather than procreation.

I've also started looking into colleges near my new locale. I've been thinking for a while about going back to school but I need a 4 year university or at least a really good 2 year college. I was hesitant to go back to school if I was going to be having a baby soon but I guess at this point I just have to do what's best for us in the long run. It should be nice to not have my entire life centered around trying to get pregnant.

Coffee - I miss Dunkin Donuts (former New Englander) - I enjoy their French Vanilla coffee. I do like an occasional Starbucks. I went to a Coffee Bean last weekend - best caramel latte I've had in a long time. (Really I'm not a coffee/caffiene addict!)

angel - Something I just want to throw out there is that there are some women who find they don't O on vitex. I took Fertility Blend which has vitex in it and it was the only cycle in 20 months of charting that I didn't O.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#270 of 576 Old 03-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Aww allisonrose- I'm so sorry to hear about CD1

There are 2 songs on the new Dixie Chicks CD that really resonate with me lately - there is one about infertility - it's called So Hard and the other is a gorgeous lullaby called (I think) Lullabye The lullabye I listen to at night and I try to visualize my babies - It's been stuck in my head for a week (since the cd arrived in the mail ) and its just a beautiful song.

I wouldn't worry about the school thing, Just go for it. Maybe it'll end up with you pregnant, ya know, timing being off and all, murphy's law, etc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page