TTC 12 Months March Support Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some of us that have been TTC for 12+ months!
Please let me know if I've missed anyone.

Astrid - TTC #2 since Nov/02

Celesterra - celeste TTC #1 since Jan/01

LeslieinChicago - Leslie TTC #1 since Aug/02

11yrsNoKid

Oceanmommy - TTC #2 since July/05
:

ItyBty - TTC #1 since Sept/05
:

Coome - TTC #1 since Sept/05

Leah31

Funnygrace - TTC #1 since Sept/05
:

Mamma Mia - TTC #2

Hazeleyes - #2 since Sept/05
:

ValarieR - #1 since Dec/05
:

Pampered Mom - #2 since Dec/05
:

Marlee

Folaboye - #3 since Oct/05
:

Fierrbugg - TTC #1 since 02/01

Angel1985 - TTC #2 since 2/06
:

Booja's Mom - TTC#2 since 12/05

Lilyflower - TTC #3 since 1/06
:

SarahJen - TTC #1 since 1/06
:

Tenk - TTC #5 since 04/06
:

ELKMama - TTC #2 since 11/05
:

Allisonrose -TTC #1 since 10/05
:

Willthiswork - TTC #1 since 9/05

Hoping4sumBBdust - TTC #1 since ?/06

Recent Graduates Spreading Us :
Lesliesara63!!!
Hezzy!!!
ChristyM26!!!
Beemama!!!!
Skydancer!!!!!
OTMomma
May-lily
J3fer

Bouncing Babies
Meggles
had a : January 07!

Bemommy
had a : in March 07

Yo Becca
had a : in March 07

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#2 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

ok ladies!!!

lets get some BFP's!!!!

#3 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM

Crystal - Thanks for the new thread! It is great to have your enthusiastic care keeping us moving forward into March. One little request: could you change my ttc #2 date to 11/05. That's actually when I got pg but then m/c... Seems silly but 11/05 is my mental marker for when this all started in earnest.

Seems like a kind of down day. I hope you all found a moment or two of joy or peace today, even with all the frustrations and despair. For me, it was ds's very first swim lesson! He tried so hard and was so focused (not in a super anxious way, but you could tell it was new for him). I really loved watching.

and here's looking to celebrating -- : -- a LOT this month with many BFPs!
#4 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM

Good morning

Thanks for the new thread Crystal

Here's to March and the start of spring weather (hopefully) and BFPs for everyone
#5 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning!

Elk I will change it.. sorry

hi sarah!!

#6 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM

I just happened to be on...a rare occurrence these days so I stopped by to dust you all.
I only have 5 weeks and a bit to go. It's very surreal in many ways.
I wake up everyday and thank the universe I got so lucky. It IS every bit as amazing as I imagined it would be and my gratitude is endless.

Hang in there, miracles do happen! And check out the article I posted about ice-cream!

love and DUST, let's have some Holidays babies!

M.
#7 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM

I just noticed I got pretend crosshairs today, yay for pretending!

All kidding aside, it's psychologically really relaxing to imagine normal things going on with my body, pretend or not. I think it's my control nature, knowing that I can expect AF in a nearly exact number of days instead of somewhere possibly in distant or not so distant future is really awesome. Hopefully next month clomid will make for real actual crosshairs! :
#8 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Good morning!

I am so excited for you Sarah, I can't wait to see some serious action happening on your chart again!

Angel, yay! I am so glad you did the thread again. Thanks!

Coome, wow you got it already! Glad you like it!

I tell you, right now, I feel like I have already given up on this and I am already moving on, even though I am still on clomid. I feel afraid I may have jumped the gun even taking it, since I feel like I am not hopeful anymore. But I guess we are just going to give it one more try. In fact, I have already made my silver lining. Now that is thinking positive I know. I am in a good mood, I just feel like I have already given up. Its weird.
#9 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha.. Sarah coined the term "pretend crosshairs".. love it!

lily... ... I wouldn't give up hope yet.. this is a new cycle.. a new beginning!

#10 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 PM

I just read this on a website:

How well does clomiphene work?
In women who need clomiphene to ovulate, the pregnancy rates are very high, as much as 33% per cycle for the first three cycles. In women who normally ovulate the rates are lower, and depend on many other factors, chiefly age, condition of the female reproductive tract and the male factor.

How long should I use clomiphene?
The pregnancy rates with clomiphene use justify up to three months of treatment for women who normally ovulate on their own, or six months for women who do not usually ovulate without it. There may be exceptions on a case-by-case basis, however.

So I wrote to my doctor and asked how many months she recommends me taking it. I am getting the idea that it is not going to work for me, since I normally ovulate on my own and it is not working.

Okay, back to work. I can't seem to see a baby at the end of all this struggle. Man, it is so upsetting.
#11 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 PM

I am sorry, I just realized I am putting such a negative spin on the wonderful bright new thread! Just ignore what I just said.
#12 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Lily I wish I had magic words for you. I understand your worries and frustration because I feel them too, I think we all do sometimes. don't worry about airing your feelings, fwiw I don't take them as being negative and like I'm always saying that's what we're all here for.

Think spring and newness and fresh smells in the air and fertility for all things (and us!). It sounds a bit flakey I know, I love spiring though it give me such a feeling of hope - winter is so dreary here I love to see life starting fresh in nature every year.
#13 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:34 PM

I DO LOVE spring! I love getting outside and planting and digging in the dirt, but our spring usually starts after April. We get our snow in March and April here for some reason. But when spring does arrive, it is absolutely beautiful and wonderful! Thanks Sarah, I will be thinking about that today.
#14 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

oh spring...
I long for warmer weather

lily

#15 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I tell you, right now, I feel like I have already given up on this and I am already moving on, even though I am still on clomid. I feel afraid I may have jumped the gun even taking it, since I feel like I am not hopeful anymore. But I guess we are just going to give it one more try. In fact, I have already made my silver lining. Now that is thinking positive I know. I am in a good mood, I just feel like I have already given up. Its weird.
Lily, after reading this, I was going to say "Whatever works" for keeping you sane is fine! And as long as you give it a try (bd!) with the clomid, then I personally think that your awareness that you may move on to other things is fine... But then after reading your next post, it seemed like maybe your mood had shifted. to you!!! And also thanks for sharing that info on the recommended months on clomid under different situations. I appreciate knowing that.

I don't know about you all, but seeing May-lily's post (even though I didn't know her during ttc time) gave me some hope! Thanks, M!
#16 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 PM

PS FF moved my crosshairs to a MUCH better place! They're still tentative / dotted / pretend because my cm reports don't match my temp pattern. But honestly I have always been lousy at telling what is watery or ewcm and what is leftovers from bd... So I just didn't put anything in once we started the bding!
#17 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
But then after reading your next post, it seemed like maybe your mood had shifted.
Yes, it shifted. Thanks.

Anyway, your chart looks awesome!!!!!!~
#18 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

I really need to keep up this thread is moving a lot quicker now which is really great!!

First I wanted to send hugs to all you need it this month. I am so sorry Ity and Leslie.

Crystal Thank you for starting the new thread!

Sarah I am keeping my fingers crossed and thinking positive for the spring ahead.

My quick update. Going through a variety of tests. I had my uterine biopsy yesterday. ( Not a fun experience) and I will have my HSG in about a week and a half. This month is definitely out for us. But it's ok I am going to think positive. I was excited that my progesterone levels came back normal.

I love the ice cream article may-lily posted. I saw it on the news here a couple of days ago and really it's just one more excuse for me to eat ice cream but now i can tell myself it's therapeutic

I have also been doing some research on hypnosis and fertility. Has anyone tried it? I thought is why not it can't hurt? right?

Wishing you all a happy Thursday!

Clara
#19 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 03:24 PM

May Lily thank you for checking in with your update. I can't believe it is just 5 more weeks, I remember when you set out for France last year. I know you have been through a lot to get that little babe inside you and it is very inspirational to see you at the end of your pregnancy now :

Crystal thank you for the lovely new thread ! May the threadkeeper's luck be upon you !

Elk your crosshairs look good

Sarah hurray for pretend crosshairs, I think your waiting is almost done. :

Lily I feel like I am at a very similar place right now, I am really ready to admit I have precious little control over any of this stuff. I am keeping with the positive and at the same time (and staying withthe positive intentions) trying to enjoy the life that is surrounding me and not dwell on what I want to happen and the losses I have suffered. Easier said than done. We'll certainly keep trying but I am having a little coffee and I don't think we'll be going for the complete marathon this cycle. Plus we will have MIL visiting and staying with us at that time.

I am thinking about doing the treasure map (LOA stuff I caught a whiff of it in the spirituality forum, which I don't go to enough). Anyone else here thinking about doing that ?

I have more to say but I have to run.
#20 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booja's mom View Post
I have also been doing some research on hypnosis and fertility. Has anyone tried it? I thought is why not it can't hurt? right?
Funny you should mention... I have my first appointment today! It isn't until 7pm, but afterward I will be posting a detailed account so anyone interested can get a feel for what it is all about

I'll be back later with more...

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#21 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 PM

Lily - sorry you feel down. I'm glad you found those numbers though, since they make me feel pretty good about my chances at things.

Sarah - I don't like the pretend idea. My crosshairs are dotted but they seem to be pretty accurate right now. I think I just don't like the idea of my crosshairs being wrong (especially since they're finally in the right place).

On a way to TMI note, I have a TON of creamy CM today. It's kinda gross actually. And I have no idea why...

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#22 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Christy I think your crosshairs are in the right place dotted or not, they're probably dotted because your cp was M instead of H.

Ok off topic, seriously this weather? ENOUGH ALREADY we don't have anywhere else to put this snow! I couldn't even get to my car when I got off the train, it was up to my knees. I had to wade through it, climb through the passenger side to get the snow brush and then dig myself out with the brush! I'm sweating and frustrated and tired and FED UP! Here's the best part, nobody got the snow blower out of the shed in the fall and now we can't get to it!

It's seriously miserable. Worse than miserable. Think spring think spring.

#23 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Here's the best part, nobody got the snow blower out of the shed in the fall and now we can't get to it!
laughup You made me laugh out loud with this. I hope the weather lets up for you soon. Another storm just left us here on the west coast and is headed east, sorry to say. Hope you have food and good company stocked.

I just had to hop in for a moment and say Lily OMG thank you so much for your keychain gift, I love it. I like just running my fingers through it. Thank you, thank you, thank you ! You have totally made my day and put a smile on my face. The physical reminder of our solidarity, support, and hopes for each other is a powerful affirmation to my fertility. Thank you.
#24 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Ga could use some of that snow! We're nigh on summer here

Lily- I got my amazing keychain today, and it made me tear up

So, I did not go to the hypno-fertility appointment- I was wrong, it is NEXT Thursday!!! I'll tell you all about it next week...

I don't get +OPK's, so I am afraid I am not Oing... I read online that some women O and never have +OPK's, so if I am not pg by the time I get some extra money in, I am going to get an OvWatch and be sure...

How is everyone doing tonight? I'm okay, a bit nervous about this cycle, but good overall

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#25 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

wow.. hugs all around..

sarah.. how funny about the snowblower... I'm just glad we arent responsible for the snow around here.. tho we do help out anyway

I have had a terrible day... ds is so cranky... my little bro came home early from school cause he has what ds had a couple days ago.. and puked on the carpet 3 times!... I got lilys keychain today... I showed ds it.. and he somehow ran off with it... then I couldnt find it... it took me literally 3 hours of searching and I found it only 10 mins ago.... I am so drained.. and my little bro will probably have to stay home tomorrow... :...
I'm gonna go to bed I think... at least for awhile (btw lily.. I cried when I got it.. thank you.. it is beautiful!!!)

#26 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Sorry Crystal for the lousy day. Sounds like an exhausting one!

Oceanmommy - if you can do a half marathon with MIL around, I'll be impressed!

Leslie - are you out there? You've been on my mind.

Booja's Mom - I loved the ice cream thing too! That is one of my very favorite things in the world. And I haven't read anything about hypnosis and fertility, but I'm intrigued. I'll look forward to hearing Val's experience next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
On a way to TMI note, I have a TON of creamy CM today. It's kinda gross actually. And I have no idea why...
I think I remember hearing that is a good sign. Fingers officially crossed now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Ok off topic, seriously this weather? ENOUGH ALREADY we don't have anywhere else to put this snow! I couldn't even get to my car when I got off the train, it was up to my knees. I had to wade through it, climb through the passenger side to get the snow brush and then dig myself out with the brush! I'm sweating and frustrated and tired and FED UP! Here's the best part, nobody got the snow blower out of the shed in the fall and now we can't get to it!
[/CENTER]
I also had to laugh at this, but I know it isn't any fun! I'm in Minnesota and we are getting our 2nd storm of 12+ inches in a week. I picked up ds early, though, and we were home safely by 3 pm. I don't think I'm even trying to get in to the office tomorrow... But it is March and so it should be gone fairly quickly, and then we can move on to spring!
#27 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
I think I remember hearing that is a good sign. Fingers officially crossed now!
Why would that be a good sign? You've got me curious now!

Sarah - I agree that the crosshairs are close. I think it's off by a day, but I'll take it. There was plenty of bding going on around there.

So when I get my 21 day progesterone tomorrow, I should know by Monday or Tuesday the result. What's a good number? Does anybody know?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#28 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 PM

Christy here's a like with some hormone levels/test days that I found when I was looking for day 3 bloodwork, there's progesterone levels near the end link.

I've also heard it was common to have creamy cm during pregnancy :
#29 of 576 Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM

I think creamy CM is sometimes a sign of very early pg. I don't know what the hormonal change would be that triggers it, but I remember hearing that.

No idea on the cd 21 progesterone levels, but let us know when you do, OK? I will be doing it next cycle.
#30 of 576 Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 AM

ChristyM26 - I had my test done last week and got a 11.5 which my doc said was good. Not excellent but ok. She said that anything above 10 was good and that only levels below ten would warrant some forms of medication specific to progesterone imbalance.

I am not sure if the creamy CM is a definite sign to anything but I had a ton of it the first trimester when I was pg with DD. :

Sarah - It's to funny about your snow. I just got off the phone with my mom who is also in Ontario and she was complaining about having to shovel her driveway twice today. I do have to say as sadistic as it sounds I miss it. I now live in the west coast and they delayed school today because we for 1" and a half ..... Seriously what is that about. Hang in there spring will come soon.

Valarie - keep me posted on what you find out with the hypnotist. I think I am also going for it.

Crystal - I hope you feel better. I know how rough it is when little ones get sick. All 3 of us just got over the flu. lots of

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page