Natural ways to encourage ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2007, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I just learned about this process where you make sure to sleep in total darkness except the 3 days closest to your O, where you sleep with a dim light on to mimic the full moon and possibly help stimulate O...Anyone know other natural ways to make sure/help you ovulate each month? Besides not stressing..? THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 AM

I know of herbs and vits that help it along, but other than Lunaception, which is the light method you speak of, I can't think of any other natural ways.

More on Lunaception (or Luna Therapy) here (scroll halfway down to "night-lighting").
Old 05-09-2007, 02:05 PM

Do any of you have any experience with lunaception? Personal anecdotes? Good stories? Bad stories? A GUC copy of the book you want to trade to me?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM

I think it depends on weather or not you ovulate near the full moon. I happen to ovulate near the new or black moon. I know I am all backwards :

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Iron - In a study women who were having ovulation problems, 40% became fertile after supplementing with iron.

The best form of iron is from a food based supplement. Synthetic versions tend to be constipating.

Vitamin C - "A moderate amount of supplemental vitamin C improves hormone levels and increases fertility in women with luteal phase defect" according to a study published in Fertility and Sterility.

Smoothie to encourage ovulation- I created this smoothie to encourage ovulation. It contains super foods that balance hormones, support ovulation and boost your fertility. Drink this smoothie for at least 2 weeks to get results. It is best to drink it from day one of menses - till ovulation, than give it a break.
Ovulation Smoothie

Inducing ovulation using progesterone

Dr. Lee had a number of patients in his practice that had been unable to conceive. For two to four months he had them use natural progesterone from days 5 to 26 in the cycle (stopping on day 26 to bring on menstruation). Using the progesterone prior to ovulation effectively suppressed ovulation. After a few months of this, he had them stop progesterone use. If you still have follicles left, they seem to respond to a few months of suppression with enthusiasm -- the successful maturation and release of an egg. His patients, some of whom had been trying to conceive for years, had very good luck conceiving with this method. Read more about using natural progesterone.

Hope that helps
Hethir

User Tag List