implantation cramps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if anyone here has felt implantation cramps and turned out to be pregnant.

I'm currently 12DPO, AF is due tomorrow. Not sure if she's going to come or not.

Anyways, at 6DPO I felt a SHARP stabbing pain on one side of my uterus. It was pretty intense and noticeable, and definitely not related to bowel pains (constipation, whatever). Later that day my entire uterus was cramping to the point that I was getting nauseous.

This was unusual because, for one thing, I rarely cramp. And if I do, it's very very mild. Then again, my mittleschmertz is usually mild but noticeable, and this month it made me curl up and wince.

So, I'm hoping it was implantatoin cramps and not something random. What do you think?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
At the time I didn't know what it was and attributed it to impending menstrual cramps, which never showed up. Looking back I think that is definately what it was. It was pretty sharp pain that actually made me stop for a minute and then was crampy for a few hrs after. Had a positive test 4 days later.
#3 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Both times I got pregnant I had what kind of felt like an ovulation pain on the left side of my uterus...I'm assuming that was implantation pain because it happened exactly the same way both times. I would have my regular ovulation pain, then later right about when I was supposed to start I would feel the implantation pain. That pain is what caused me to go out and by a HPT both times, and both times they were positive!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#4 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I have the same thing going on for a few days now (9 dpo today). Its not like AF cramps which is usually a dull pain in my back, but sharp, stabbing, prickly pains where my uterus is-in the front.

Last night I felt a ‘bolt of lightening’ (the only way I can describe it!) go from where the top of my uterus is on my right side and the pain shot down my pubic/vagina area.

I’ve been feeling tons of pressure too.

Sooner or later I will find out the truth.
#5 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 06:39 PM

hmmmm...."sharp, stabby, prickly pains"....that's EXACTLY what i've been feeling the last few days! i've never heard any one else describe it that way.

i'm currently 10dpo. 2 or 3 days ago i started having what i described as "rhythmic pin pricks" on the right side.

oh gosh...i hope we're all pregnant!

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#6 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Well some of you have some pretty amazing lookign charts. (mosesface and barose)

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#7 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesface View Post
hmmmm...."sharp, stabby, prickly pains"....that's EXACTLY what i've been feeling the last few days! i've never heard any one else describe it that way.

i'm currently 10dpo. 2 or 3 days ago i started having what i described as "rhythmic pin pricks" on the right side.

oh gosh...i hope we're all pregnant!

OMG - your chart looks so good compared to the previous cycles (short LH). I hope this is it for you!
#8 of 21 Old 03-30-2007, 09:29 PM

eeeek!! me too!!!

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#9 of 21 Old 05-04-2007, 09:05 PM

:

I had an IUI done 4/23 and 4/24 and am in the 2ww. Today I had sharp stabbing pains at the top of where my pubic hair is 3 times today. I never get cramps b4 AF. I'm so hoping I am pregnant. Have been ttc for a year with no luck. B4 that, 5 pregnancies: 3 miscarriages, 2 ectopics one of which required emergency surgery. I wonder if I am pg? I get my beta Monday morning.
#10 of 21 Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 PM

Did Barose get a BFP that cycle? Sorry if I missed it, I hadn't seen this post before. I'd love an update, and I hope it's good news!!

MrsMarc - You've been through a lot! I hope this is your cycle. Do you temp? Have a chart we can obsess on a bit with you?

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#11 of 21 Old 05-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
Did Barose get a BFP that cycle? Sorry if I missed it, I hadn't seen this post before. I'd love an update, and I hope it's good news!!

MrsMarc - You've been through a lot! I hope this is your cycle. Do you temp? Have a chart we can obsess on a bit with you?
No, it turned out to be a BFN and a LONG LP at that. : I'm done.
#12 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
I saw your siggy the other day and felt : . I'm sorry it's been so hard.

Peace.
#13 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here has felt implantation cramps and turned out to be pregnant.

I'm currently 12DPO, AF is due tomorrow. Not sure if she's going to come or not.

Anyways, at 6DPO I felt a SHARP stabbing pain on one side of my uterus. It was pretty intense and noticeable, and definitely not related to bowel pains (constipation, whatever). Later that day my entire uterus was cramping to the point that I was getting nauseous.

This was unusual because, for one thing, I rarely cramp. And if I do, it's very very mild. Then again, my mittleschmertz is usually mild but noticeable, and this month it made me curl up and wince.

So, I'm hoping it was implantatoin cramps and not something random. What do you think?
Bist du Deutsch?:

I came on with the same ?

I am not a really cramper but for the past few days it is an odd feeling, not so much PAIN but tightness and brewing is the best term as unmedical as it sounds

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#14 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycakes View Post
I saw your siggy the other day and felt : . I'm sorry it's been so hard.

Peace.
Thanks
#15 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
I'm sorry. I hope this post getting resurrected didn't bring up painful memories for you.

Does anyone know an update on the original poster? Sunflowermoonbeam? Did she get a BFP after her implantation cramping? I'm very curious to know, and I hope she doesn't have a sad story as well.

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#16 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 AM

Barose, I am so sorry. How long have you been TTC?

MyZymurgy, if I am not pregnant this cycle, we are moving forward with adoption. We have been through so much. But throughout the adoption process we will keep TTC! I've actually never charted my temp b4 so that's a great idea!
#17 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 10:38 AM

MrsMarc - This is my first month temping and I love it. It makes me feel like I am actually "doing" something everyday. Also, it showed me that I am ovulating (which i was worried about since I have very little CM to go by).

I'm sorry it has been a long and tough road for you. I hope this is your month!!! I'll say a prayer for you. :

If it isn't your month, I hope the adoption process goes smoothly and it blesses your life. If you get a BFN this month, I'd try the temping. You might like it and you may even learn something valuable about your cycle!

#18 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmarc View Post
Barose, I am so sorry. How long have you been TTC?
On an off since '99.

MyZymurgy - I think her signature says it all
#19 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 04:14 PM

I must be so clueless! I thought her signature was a cycle countdown.

Sorry you had to point out the obvious to me - thanks for doing so nicely. And YEA!!! for Sunflowermoonbeam!!

#20 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 PM

one of the ways i knew i was pregnant was because i started feeling vaguely crampy way early, like 8 or 9dpo. i never get cramps except on the first day of my period usually so this was a big sign for me that something was up.

i also felt crampy on and off for the first few weeks of the pregnancy. i still feel some stuff going on down there, but now it feels more like a pulling or stretching or heaviness. if you experience this, it's totally normal!!

eta that i see this thread is quite old now, so i'm sorry. i'll leave my post up just in case it can help someone else searching in the future...

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#21 of 21 Old 05-05-2007, 09:22 PM

barose that has got to be so difficult. My heart goes out to you.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page