Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems as though I am miscarrying. Heavy bleeding and ouchy cramps. I am SO glad to know that I can get pregnant, though.

Guess I should be moved to waiting to be ready.... Thanks.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 PM

hannybanny - : I'm so very sorry. I'm glad you can find solace in the fact that you got pregnant.

- new mamas

1babysmom - Don't start the vitex until CD1. When you get a positive test you should stop vitex... in most cases. I've heard of some herbalist and naturopaths recommending to prevent m/c in those who have low progesterone... but not traditionally. So, don't even start until you know you aren't pregnant.

So, I bought a test at Family Dollar and am all set to test in the morning if AF doesn't show. She showed around this time last month with not many of the usual symptoms... so we'll see.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 04-17-2007, 11:20 PM

hannybanany So sorry about your loss. Praying for a one for you very soon.

Welcome mommymia, poopzmom and jmo! (Sorry if I missed any other newbies! Welcome to you all!!!) Hope you all get a visit from soon, or even better...a BFP before she even arrives. Have patience. It sometimes takes awhile with these little nurslings. Many of us have been there. My ppaf didn't return until 22 months pp and we have been ttc ever since, about 10 months now. Hope your stay here is short and sweet ladies!

Well, I thought I had O'd with yesterdays temp jump but todays was down again. : This is one of my later O dates for the past 6 months. Hopefully soon!

I am also starting to wonder if I was just imagining things with my cervix the other day. I didn't feel anything today. Felt completely normal. And I haven't been having any spotting of any kind so ??? I will likely go in next month anyway just for a check-up.

: eastkygal Good luck with your test tomorrow!! :

cro, : for you too! Sounds very promising! I know my gums were extra sensitive with pregnancy.

And : to all the families affected by the tragedy at Virginia Tech. So very, very sad.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 AM

So, what do you all think... Should I go to my Dr? Do I really need to go for them to confirm that I've miscarried? I really HATE my Dr, so I like to avoid going at all costs

Thing is, this is my 2nd m/c, we've been ttc for almost 11 months... At what point do I need to get things checked out?

Thank you all for you support It means so much to me.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 AM

oh hanny, I'm so sorry! I don't think you need to go to your doc as long as all progresses safely with reasonable blood loss. That said, 2m/c in less than a year is on the verge of worrisome. Problem is, while still nursing I'd be amazed if that wasn't pointed to as the culprit and told to come back after weaning. Just my thoughts on most docs I know. Take care of yourself and and allow others to care for you as well.

eastky- and : in the AM!!!

for all the mamas without AF's return, that waiting is very difficult.

Cheryl-I hope you O soon, it drives me nuts when I get a nice temp jump and think I Oed just to have it fall the next day. I hope it comes soon. I'm also glad the bumps are gone but it sounds like a good idea to follow up with your midwife just to be safe!

Well I went to the little store here in town and bought the one and only pregnancy test, an Answer Early. Peeonastick.come says they are good but some can have disappearing positives that are actually negatives. I think I have a newer one that doean't have the problems but I will still hold on to it and check over time to make sure!: So if my temp is still up in the AM I will test with an internet cheapie, and I guess to be honest I'll probably use the Answer to no matter what the other one says! Those darn things are flippin expensive though! I guess I'll know one way or another soon. At the very least I am having a wonderful LP which is very ununsual for me!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Seems as though I am miscarrying. Heavy bleeding and ouchy cramps. I am SO glad to know that I can get pregnant, though.
I'm so sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
mommymia
I added you to the waiting to catch first pp eggie Let me know if you want to be added somewhere else.
Actually surromommy2be - I had you put me in the Waiting to be ready but I should probably be in waiting to catch first pp egg as well. Guess I didn't understand the diff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
So, I bought a test at Family Dollar and am all set to test in the morning if AF doesn't show. She showed around this time last month with not many of the usual symptoms... so we'll see.
Good luck! :

Quote:
So, what do you all think... Should I go to my Dr? Do I really need to go for them to confirm that I've miscarried? I really HATE my Dr, so I like to avoid going at all costs

Thing is, this is my 2nd m/c, we've been ttc for almost 11 months... At what point do I need to get things checked out?

Sorry - I dont' have experience, just wanted to offer support. If you hate doc so much, can you find a MW or someone else you wouldn't dread seeing so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
So if my temp is still up in the AM I will test with an internet cheapie, and I guess to be honest I'll probably use the Answer to no matter what the other one says! Those darn things are flippin expensive though! I guess I'll know one way or another soon. At the very least I am having a wonderful LP which is very ununsual for me!!
Good luck!!! :

Hi to the other newbies with me!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 04-18-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:

I'm so sorry!! I don't know what to say...I had 2 miscarriages during our 1.5 years TTC but don't have any answers. But you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-18-2007, 03:05 AM

Quote:

Guess I should be moved to waiting to be ready.... Thanks.
hannybanany I am so sorry that this happened :
I agree that most docs will tell you that the problem lies with the nursing. Most doctors aren't educated about nursing and pregnancy. Not to mention most will not order testing until you have suffered a 3rd. Which imo is absolutely heartless and cruel! : for a soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
: for you tomorrow!!

new mamas!!

surromommy2be, please move me to waiting to O AF showed ~ another 6 day LP. : :

I am really wondering if the B6 is going to do anything for me at all. Should I up my dosage to 200mg (I'm currently on 100mg + a B complex) or should I just take Vitex or maybe B6 and NPC???? Anyone who knows anything at all on the subject.... please chime in!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 AM

Oh, hannybanany I am so very sorry.
This ttc stuff is such an emotional rollercoaster.

jmo, poopzmom, and mommymia We can wait for af together.
jmo, that seems like minimal nursing for no af. My ds has gone through phases of no nursing all day but has always nursed several times through the night. I am also afraid that I will have to wean to bring back my cycle.

: : Let's bring on those BFP's!
: ellymay, sarahn, ohiomommy, cro, eastkygal:

Naturegirl Glad you are "healed". You sound like me, I get so obsessive that I make something out of nothing. I hope is really is nothing.

Well, I went to see the Naturopath today. I am really glad I did even though it is costing big $$$$$. I just love the whole body perspective approach. This was her take-
My body is being compromised because I have some food allergies. The food intolerance is causing my body to spend energy on fighting that and is wearing down my immune system. Between that and nursing all the time, I am pretty much depleted. She also thinks I have some yeast in my gut. She was able to back all her theories on the food allergies with observations about my appearance (dark circles under eyes, hives, etc) and with things I had written (headaches triggered by sugar).
The lab test results indicated that my white blood count is low and my iron stores are low. Even though my thyroid numbers were low normal, she explained that what could be happening is reverse thyroid, where you make the hormones but they are not converted to be able to be used by your body.
She also said that pretty much whatever food allergies I have will also be passed on to ds. So I went ahead and had her do the blood work to find out specifically what I am allergic to. Most likely dairy. I will not know for 3 weeks. I am not looking forward to eliminating foods from my diet but am willing to do it if it will make a difference in my health. I was eating a very restricted diet at first with ds because he was having some digestive issues when he was very young. But now I have had him on cow's milk and thought we were ok.
She has me on several supplements to boost my liver, thyroid, and gut.
We also discussed night weaning. Usually it irritates me when people suggest any weaning, but she did have some good points. Like I need a full night's sleep for optimal health, especially if I would like to be pg. and that ds is not nursing for nutrition at this point at night, it is just habit. His sleep habits for life are being set now and so he needs a full night's sleep. I have to admit, a full night's sleep sounds fantastic to me. It has been almost 3 years-since early in pregnancy.
So I am thinking of trying Jay Gordon's weaning technique that was discussed on this thread a little while ago. I will probably start on a weekend so that dh won't be kept up all night when he needs to get up for work.
I swear ds knows I am thinking about night weaning, he has been up several times already tonight crying for boo!
Sorry for the really long post, but I hope that maybe this info might be helpful for others.
Oh yeah, the ND gave vitex a thumbs up as far as being safe to use and possibly effective.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:18 AM

Brooke sorry about that darn af.
Have you been taking vitex already? Seems like it might be worth a try.
I am no expert by any means................
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM

Good Luck everyone!!! Lets see somemore BFP!!!

I AM feeling great this cycle i AM just so not stressed about anything
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 AM

Just checking in. AF arrived Friday and i was pretty disappointed, so I took a break from here for a couple of days. Now AF is on her way out, and I'm feeling better

to all the losses and negatives. It so totally sucks

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM

i'll have to catch up later but temp was very low this am so i didn't waste any tests. just waiting for af now, probably today or tomorrow. guess it was just a longer lp. that is good but this month really had my hopes up.

eastky, how are things over there?

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootchsMom View Post
Just checking in. AF arrived Friday and i was pretty disappointed, so I took a break from here for a couple of days. Now AF is on her way out, and I'm feeling better

to all the losses and negatives. It so totally sucks

Liz
(((((HUGS)))))))
Old 04-18-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Everyone is moved around

and hugs to everyone ((((((((hugs))))))))
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Well AF is gone I need to be on the Waiting to O for May : this will be the month

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Actually surromommy2be - I had you put me in the Waiting to be ready but I should probably be in waiting to catch first pp egg as well. Guess I didn't understand the diff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Everyone is moved around

and hugs to everyone ((((((((hugs))))))))
surromommy2be -I think you missed my earlier post. SEe above. Thanks!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

Hi all,

Wanted to update - I have not been feeling or doing very well. Last Tuesday (7 dpo) I had a progesterone test. Only yesterday (at 14 dpo) did my Dr. call me and tell me it was low. It was 8 at 7 dpo, which is low for someone who is pregnant. She suggested prometrium but I said I wanted to have the levels retaken this morning. She agreed that would be okay.

Well, this morning the lab did not have the bloodwork request and my doctor is not in the office. I had to call there, crying, and practically beg them to page her (the office mgr. just kept telling me, "She won't be able to contact you until tomorrow, if this is an emergency then go to the ER.") Obviously, I can't go to the ER with this issue - but it is urgent! I am so angry!

I am super scared and am finally on my way to have the levels checked again. I won't know anything until tomorrow. I feel crappy, which is good. I'm just praying.......
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM

MCKH - :

Not pregnant . I guess just a long cycle. I hope I'm not doing the whole amenorrhea thing. Every long cycle I get worried. So, 9 months of TTC here we come. If I had conceived the first cycle, I would be about to have a babe right now. It's funny how some things seem to take a lifetime, yet most of life moves by way too fast. DD is 20 months now and is getting bigger everyday.

It's been long enough now that I'm starting to second guess myself about the whole getting pregnant thing. I just have trust that my Father knows better than I do and there is a reason for everything. I know I want another and I want to be finished being pregnant and having babies in my 30th year. The clock is ticking... But, does it even matter what I want when in the end? No... not really. I'll be happy with what I get.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 04-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to update - I have not been feeling or doing very well. Last Tuesday (7 dpo) I had a progesterone test. Only yesterday (at 14 dpo) did my Dr. call me and tell me it was low. It was 8 at 7 dpo, which is low for someone who is pregnant. She suggested prometrium but I said I wanted to have the levels retaken this morning. She agreed that would be okay.

Well, this morning the lab did not have the bloodwork request and my doctor is not in the office. I had to call there, crying, and practically beg them to page her (the office mgr. just kept telling me, "She won't be able to contact you until tomorrow, if this is an emergency then go to the ER.") Obviously, I can't go to the ER with this issue - but it is urgent! I am so angry!

I am super scared and am finally on my way to have the levels checked again. I won't know anything until tomorrow. I feel crappy, which is good. I'm just praying.......
awwwwwwwwww mama (((((((hugs))))))))))

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
Old 04-18-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Hi all,

(((((HUGS)))))))
Old 04-18-2007, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I tried to fix the #1 page if you can look and let me know that would be great
Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 PM

just checking in..... can i be moved to waiting to O?

wow, a lot has happened since last week!

hannybanany.....i'm so sorry......i've had 3 m/c before dd so feel free to pm me if you want.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm wondering if my most recent period could possibly have been implantation bleeding. Here's why:

I got my last period on CD30, which is super early for me. I need to look back at my old chart, but I recall that at the time, I wasn't expecting AF for at least five more days. I went for my first appointment with a fertility acupuncturist the day before, and when I got my period, I put it down to that visit, since my friend had a similar experience when she first saw the same acupuncturist.

Now I'm on CD 22 and I've been getting a bit of EWCM, so I figured that I'm getting ready to ovulate. My cycles have been so variable that I can't say when I typically O, but it's probably around now or later. I typically have luteal phases of about 8-10 days and cycles of about 35-50 days.

Today we were riding in the car and I suddenly felt nauseated. It didn't last long, but at the time, I immediately was reminded of the morning sickness I had the first time around. This evening, I feel a bit crampy like maybe my period is coming on, but of course that's not possible this early in the cycle. I also feel a bit heavy in my abdomen, vaguely like I'm pregnant. On top of that, my nipples have been a bit sore.

Could I possibly be pregnant? I bled rather heavily at my last AF. At the time, it seemed like a normal period. Is it possible to bleed that heavily from something other than AF (or a miscarriage, of course)?

I only have one test, and it's a full price one, so I don't want to waste it if I'm really in the middle of a normal cycle.

Thanks!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM

I downloaded a charting program and have been charting my temps this cycle in addition to monitoring the cm. I think it's going to be egg catching time soon. I'm crossing my fingers because I'm getting really bored with ttc!

Good luck to everyone trying and congrats to all the bfps!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:43 PM

sarahmck, I sometimes have similar symptoms when ovulating. I would say that if you had a "regular" period it isn't likely that you are pregnant. However, stranger things have happened. I especially have had the crampiness and sore nipples. Just my 2 cents.

I can be moved to 2ww. Got my crosshairs this am. Not sure I totally agree but I figure it is within a couple of days of that anyway...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 04-18-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Moved.....
Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

Hanny, I am so terribly sorry. Yes, it is good to know that you CAN get pregnant. Still, I'm sure you're very disappointed. ((HUGS)) I probably wouldn't go to the doctor this early in the game unless I had symptoms that concerned me. Still, you should maybe let him or her know that it happened just for the record.

I know what the "research" says, but I am really starting to question whether breastfeeding plays a role in early miscarriage. It seems like we have quite a few every month.

Eastky, so sorry you didn't get your BFP What a bummer. Enjoy a nice big glass of wine and a long hot bath tonight.

Sarah, sorry your temps are down. How disappointing. But you're not out of the game yet, are you?

I'm still holding on and crossing my fingers. I should get my prog. results tomorrow. I'm worried. I'm stressed. Ugh! The research I've been doing pretty much says that things could go either way. The progesterone could be a problem or not. I kind of wish I hadn't had the original test done at 7 dpo for the fertility workup. I wonder if I made a mistake by not taking the prometrium, I know people that swear by it, but all the new information says that a doomed pregnancy is going to end regardless. I'm not opposed to medication, and of course I desperately want this pregnancy to continue, but something in my gut told me to just hang on.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 AM

Hello ladies,

I have been lurking here for a littl ewhile, and think that I have finally found a place where I belong!

My DH and I are Canadian expats living in a developing country, and we have a beautiful 9 month DD. She is happy and healthy, and we are still happily breastfeeding.

I'm feeding her 3-4 times during the day, and she is sleeping through the night.

I have been waiting (im)patiently for my period to return so that we can start to try for another baby.

This seems to be a very friendly and active thread, hopefully I'll be able to fit in and stay on top of the chat.

I'm new to all of this TTC talk because we were very blessed with a quick conception and easy pregnancy with DD...although the 6 hours of pushing was a little much!

I was wondering what you ladies think about taking progesterone to bring on AF? ...and what is the different between progesterone, prometrium & provera?

thanks, and I look forward to checking in again soon!
Charlene
Old 04-19-2007, 03:08 AM

Maureen, I am so sorry to hear that. : for you and your baby.

eastkygal. Sorry you didn't get that bfp.

Welcome geogirl. on your progesterone ??'s but I am curious to hear if anyone has any info.

User Tag List