Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
aahh, sorry mama's. I want to join the pity party. It is especially difficult to deal with friendswhose kidsare around the same age as ds and are now having baby#2. One of my friends nursed all the way through pg and is now tandem nursing. That was my plan and was supposed to be me now. Of course I am happy for her in the end of it all, but why is it so hard for me? The only thing to do is hold cherished ds close and work on being patient.
Thanks for being here and for allthe support.
wow, very hard to watch and be supportive and happy (which i'm sure you are) but still having to deal with your own feelings of dissapointment, loss, frustration, ect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Thank you, sarahn. Very interesting about the numbers... I read that on the hypothyroidism thread after I posted my question here Good to know that. I wish I could find an ND around here, but it's proving to be very difficult...

How do you maintain a certain level? Are most people prescribed meds? Do you have to take them thru pregnancy? (Yes, I could google this, but I'm lazy )

You all are the best! It's so wonderful to be a part of this group!
okay...yes, you need to maintain a certain level. the TSH is what stimulates the thyroid. some people (like me) never have actual thyroid numbers (Free T4 or T3) but have all the symptoms and the TSH reflects it. it is especially important to maintain levels during pregnancy because an untreated thyroid condition can lead to problems in the baby such as mental retardation. it is recommended to have levels checked about ever 6 weeks in pregnancy and for 3 months postpartum. then 6 months for a while and yearly for maintenance. i can tell when mine is off and just call for labs when i feel i need them. my levels never changed in preg or pp, not until dd was a year, then it went nuts and i've had several med changes. so to maintain levels you need to support your underactive thyroid. there are some nutritional supplements you can try, i kow nothing of these so am of no help. these would be good for someone with a sluggish thyroid but i doubt how much help they would be for someone with actual low thyroid function. most people suppliment with levothyroxine aka synthroid ect al. this is artificial T4 so it is giving you the thyroid output your thyroid can't. there is also natural thyroid replacement. it is pretty hard to get someone to prescribe it is known most commonly as Armour. it is pig thyroids dried and pulverized into tablets. this, as bad as that sounds, is the more desired natural treatment, i suppose unless you are vegan or possibly veg, i don't know all the details on how it is gathered. this form supplies both T4 and T3 as well as some other things. i actually have an appt in to switch to armour, or atleast learn more about it. it took a very long time to find anyone that prescribes it. this is all worth doing some research on if you are in fact hypothyroid. hths!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
hi all! no time to check out all of the posts from the past few days right now. (our internet service was down for the past 3 or 4 days.) please move me to the 2ww group. i'm going to do my best and hold off until at least the 29th to POAS, although i've been eyeing the tests at the store already! i just can't control myself!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApprenticeMomma View Post
Hi there! I'm Angie, tandem nursing my two sons, which is playing havoc with my cycles - well, I'm not having any - so I am effectively trying to concieve without knowing if i am ovulating...a wee bit fraustrating! On the up side, I have been 'breaking out' a little on my face the last couple of weeks (usually a sign of ovulation) and my libido seems to have emerged again. Fingers crossed I may be having some progress.

Any tips on how to encourage ovulation while breastfeeding?

I hope this is a fertile month for everyone!!
i'm not sure of what to do other than possibly vitex. there have been a couple convos about it this month. good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Still no AF today and it is going on 18DPO! My face hasn't been this clear since I was pregnant with DD. No headaches... no cramps... and CM is there and most of the time non-existant. My BFN was with a Family Dollar Store test compare to e.p.t. I just don't want to do the whole amenorrhea thing and have to go on Provera to kick start it again. I want to do things naturally. Could it be the Vitex holding AF back? Should I stop it cold turkey? If I stop it and my BFN was a false one, would that lead to miscarriage? This is just my first month on Vitex, and I was under the impression it takes a while to build up and actually work, though this cycle was a little different than past ones. I really don't want to spend the money... get another BFN... and start AF the next day... but I haven't had a cycle this long since DD was born. I did go 5 months and no AF prior to conceiving DD... conceived DD before AF returned.

Any thought?
hhmmm, very frustrating!! i've had those long cycles where i thought i oed but didn't and all that. i really hope this is a pregnancy and not screwy cycles!! i don't know about the vitex causeing such a long lp. :::

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Hey everyone I hope you are all having a great day! Hope to see lots of BFP's soon!

I am 8DPO and feel like I have horrible PMS! I am emotional, irritated and keep going to the bathroom bc it feels like af is here so I am expecting her to show her ugly face any day now. I guess maybe I'll have a better cycle next month I was glad I O'ed but now it looks like I may not have a long enough LP this time UG I am going to have a busy weekend so aleast I'll ahve something to keep me occupied.
I hope it isn't AF! do you take B6 for a short LP? I've had great results with it myself.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#362 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM

sarahn4639 - No I haven't but I will if I go on to another cycle which I am sure I will. Last cycle was 11 days so not too bad. We'll see. All of my PMS feelings are gone now just all the sudden so whatever my body is just all screwy this cycle os I amnot expecting much.
#363 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Angie I added you to the top of the waiting to catch first pp egg. Let me know if there is somewhere else you would like to be

sarahmck your moved

MCKH I'm glad to hear the good news. I'll be: for your little bean
#364 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 PM

just checking in from cycle day 74 : no sign of af yet. sigh.
#365 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 04:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Christina, my periods did come for a few months, and now are gone again, so I think I may be better in the 'waiting to O' part??

I will check out the info on Vitex..I am beginning to think i just need to listen to my body, and be at peace with the fact that perhaps it isn't time for me yet, my little one is only 14 months, maybe I need to give him a little more time to grow up, ah well, I'm having fun trying to catch an egg anyways!
#366 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
You know how I first had an inkling I was pg at around 8 dpo? I put on my dd's CD in the car and the song "Where is Thumbkin?" came on. I teared up. It was ridiculous...... So maybe........

And HEY, I got my results back. They are great - my progesterone is at 26. I am totally thrilled but still a bit apprehensive. I had pretty much decided not to take any progesterone regardless of what the restuls were so this makes things a whole lot better! Please pray for my bean (seed?)!
I hope it is a good sign I dont' feel pmsy anymore but I am still emotional about everything that I cry bc I am crying over something so stupid:

That is GREAT about the progesterone levels!!!! I am praying for your bean!
#367 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

ApprenticeMomma sounds good I moved ya

Cd54 here for me
WTF last cycle they were 52 days and this cycle so far are 54 ERRRRRRR i'm so :
#368 of 492 Old 04-20-2007, 09:15 PM

Maureen :
I am so glad for your good news!

Christina That is so frustrating.

anthasam

Ellymay: The emotional rollercoaster is a good sign!

Jannyjo You've been on my mind.: I hope you are doing ok. Check in when you have a chance.
#369 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 AM

Just checking in. No sign of anything happening here (waiting for ppaf). I saw on another thread someone suggested using natural progesterone cream for 2 weeks and then stopping abruptly to bring on a period. Perhaps I will try it since I have a tube of it in my bathroom somewhere. Has anyone tried this?
#370 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Does anyone know what the average amount of time it takes to get pregnant while nursing. I remember reading before if you cosleep, nurse on demand, and keep your baby close that the average person gets their AF back at 14.6 months. I was just curious as to how soon after that the average person gets pregnant. I like looking at the numbers

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

#371 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
sarahn4639 - No I haven't but I will if I go on to another cycle which I am sure I will. Last cycle was 11 days so not too bad. We'll see. All of my PMS feelings are gone now just all the sudden so whatever my body is just all screwy this cycle os I amnot expecting much.
oh, 11 days is pretty good. i hope you were just having a weird day, maybe a weird pregnant day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
just checking in from cycle day 74 : no sign of af yet. sigh.
yuck, that stinks. i hope somethign happens soon for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApprenticeMomma View Post
I will check out the info on Vitex..I am beginning to think i just need to listen to my body, and be at peace with the fact that perhaps it isn't time for me yet, my little one is only 14 months, maybe I need to give him a little more time to grow up, ah well, I'm having fun trying to catch an egg anyways!
yeah, i think that's good advise, difficult to apply, but good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
And HEY, I got my results back. They are great - my progesterone is at 26. I am totally thrilled but still a bit apprehensive. I had pretty much decided not to take any progesterone regardless of what the restuls were so this makes things a whole lot better! Please pray for my bean (seed?)!
YEAH!!! I hope all is well and you have a wonderful pregnancy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopzmom View Post
Does anyone know what the average amount of time it takes to get pregnant while nursing. I remember reading before if you cosleep, nurse on demand, and keep your baby close that the average person gets their AF back at 14.6 months. I was just curious as to how soon after that the average person gets pregnant. I like looking at the numbers
Not a clue but it would be very interesting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel81 View Post
Just checking in. No sign of anything happening here (waiting for ppaf). I saw on another thread someone suggested using natural progesterone cream for 2 weeks and then stopping abruptly to bring on a period. Perhaps I will try it since I have a tube of it in my bathroom somewhere. Has anyone tried this?
hmmm, interesting. let us know if anything happens!

#372 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 AM

sarahn4639 - now would that be cool LOL I am not thinking I am though. We'll see. Maybe Monday I'll test I will temp MOn morning and if it is going down then I won't bother.
#373 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM

So I started charting during the last 3 days of my period this month. I don't know if I've O'd yet. I had a little bit of ewcm on day 10 of my chart. My temping isn't very accurate because I rarely wake at the same time every day and co-sleeping with a nursing baby makes things difficult.

Can someone explain my chart to me so far? Does it look like I o'd? I don't really know what I'm looking for.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43...lcat/chart.jpg

Thanks,

Jen
#374 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 PM

i'd say not yet. you are looking for a large temp jump that lasts at least 3 consecutive days. hopefully you'll get some more ewcm too. you can try fertility friend, it's free and walks you through everything. i've been happy with it.

#375 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 05:17 PM

i tried it, won't let me setup an account. maybe i set up one before and didn't use it, I don't know
#376 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 05:43 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a0286

K, I managed to get it setup through a different email account. The link above is to the chart. According to the site, I probably ovulated on the 15th. We did the bd on the 11th and 12th.
#377 of 492 Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
cro

Ok, I finally put this cycle on FF, so if anyone wants to take a look, it's a crystal-clear triphasic pattern. I was getting real anxious and wanted to POAS Friday. Went to 4 or 5 dollar stores and NONE of them had any HPTs!!! I took this as a sign...and I was right. AF came around 3 am today, along w/ the temp drop. So I am now Waiting to O I guess.

I'm really bummed. Of course, every month I'm hopeful, but this month I REALLY thought I was pg. The only consolation is that this would've been a Christmas baby and I'd really rather avoid that. I think I might not chart for a while. I've got 4 pp cycles and they've been consistent enough to tell me that I'm O'ing and my LP is 13 days. My CF is VERY obvious, so I'll know when I'm fertile. I think I just need a break from staring at temps every day.
#378 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 AM

Well looks like af is showing her ugly head early. I started spotting a couple hours ago so looks like I am having a short LP this cycle *sigh* oh well hopefully better luck this cycle and maybe I'll have a reg 28 day cycle that would be nice LOL.....oh well.
#379 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 01:49 AM
jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel81 View Post
hey rachel, I just started the progesterone cream in order to do this. It's only been two days, so no advice for you. But I'll let you know in 12 days or so! I'm starting to feel really desperate with dd (almost 20 mos) down to only 2 nursings a day and still no ppaf.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#380 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

where is everyone today
#381 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 01:30 PM

i am here. just checking in while ds nurses.....again.
i am feeling really torn. he needs to nurse so much and yet i will never get ppaf with him nursing so much. sigh
jmo : i'll be waiting to see how the prog works for you.
to those where af is an unwelcome visitor this weekend.
surromommy will you pm me info about being threadkeeper? i'm looking forward to my turn.
#382 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 03:01 PM

mmm interesting about the progesterone cream. Are you going to take it for 2 weeks and then stop and see if AF arrives?

I have just been reading about alfalfa, as I often use that to boost my milk supply and took it while taking vitex last month. I have discovered that it aparently has a mild estrogenic effect and can help with menstrual problems - but I guess that with bf, one needs the opposite though - makes me wonder what effect that had together with vitex - oh well I am off to do some more research - sigh just this morning I decided to stop doing the whole control freak thing and just let nature take its course - yeah right...

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#383 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Hi!

My bleeding is finally slowing down... Ugh.

I told dh that I wasn't going to temp this cycle. I just want to get pg and not obsess over it all month. Out of habit I rolled over to take my temp yesterday morning and my thermometer died! I guess I really have to stick to my word, now -- seems like more than a coincedence to me...

eastkygirl -- how're things going for you? Did you test?

Surromommy2be -- can I be moved to "waiting to O", please? I think we're going to try this cycle... Also, can I be added to April's success stories... We were successful, just not sticky. Thanks

ellymay - so sorry AF showed, and for the short LP.

MCKH - yay for the good numbers!

dd needs me, ttyl!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#384 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Well im excited and SHOCKED to say I got my BFP today on my DD 1st birthday! It showed + before I was even done peeing on it! I'm so shocked and wondering how I'm goinng to do this DD still nurse ALLL night long and co sleeps CRAZY I never expected to be preg for another year! Got my fingers crossed for you mamas and this just goes to show you you CAN get preg will nursing even when you nursling nurses ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#385 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Congrats!

You can stick me on the two week wait. FF says I o'd so we'll go with that. I doubt I'm pregnant but we'll see.

#386 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 PM

You can move me to waiting to O please af showed this afternoon .

Ok so how in the heck do I use B6 to lengthen my LP? I bought some today so what do I need to do with it? How much do I take and when?
#387 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM

Ohiomommy! Yeah! That is so exciting!
: : : :
I am so happy for you and that gives me hope!
When did you get ppaf?
Your little ones will be very close in age.
Congratulations!
#388 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Hi ladies, CD8 here.... oh wow, I am in my first 2ww (well it's really a 3 week wait) ~ aprroximately 2 weeks until O time :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post

K, I managed to get it setup through a different email account. The link above is to the chart. According to the site, I probably ovulated on the 15th. We did the bd on the 11th and 12th.
jen, I would keep DTD just in case. Your temps haven't jumped enough (IMHO anyway) to be absolutely sure, especially since you are seeing fertile CM again. Feel free to ignore me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
Well im excited and SHOCKED to say I got my BFP today on my DD 1st birthday! It showed + before I was even done peeing on it! I'm so shocked and wondering how I'm goinng to do this DD still nurse ALLL night long and co sleeps CRAZY I never expected to be preg for another year! Got my fingers crossed for you mamas and this just goes to show you you CAN get preg will nursing even when you nursling nurses ALL NIGHT LONG!!!
Congrats!!! : for a

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#389 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post

Congrats: : : : : : : :
You think i'm a little exited lol

Anyway your allmoved

Hanna I moved you into the april success stories spot tooo.
#390 of 492 Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 PM

OhioMommy - YAY!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting to have such a nice, dark line! No obsessing over lines for you! Here's to a HH9!

Thanks for the move, surromommy!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page