Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I got that reading online this afternoon. I just thought it was very suitable for today. : I am almost ready to start popping any fertility drugs I can get my hands on! If I get 4 or 5 kids at once...I will deal. (I would really be of course.)

Good luck with your appts. tomorrow! I hope your little one feels better soon too. :

Thanks Pazerific. Every cd1 and 2 I really think I am NOT going to chart this cycle. By cd7 I am popping the "mometer" as my ds calls it in my mouth every am and start praying for a miracle once again. But it sure can be a roller coaster ride!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 PM

1babysmom - your chart looks great!! That is so exciting! Wishing you a BFP!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulupetalz View Post
1babysmom - your chart looks great!! That is so exciting! Wishing you a BFP!
Really? Because I was bummed this morning that my temp didn't keep rising. I guess it'll take a few more days before I'll be convinced that I O'd or not. My body sure felt like it, but over the past 3 years, my charts have been more reliable than my body itself.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-25-2007, 01:18 PM

Hello everyone! I have been lurking for a while now and feel it is about time I should post.
We have been ttc babe #5 since Valentine's day. I finally had my first af the beginning of this month. I think I ovulated about 6 days ago, and may test next week if no af, but at this point, no af may not mean anything. My ds is 20 months and still nurses a lot around the clock. I am not temping, my wake-up schedule is too irregular. I pay attention to all the other stuff though. I have had weird cramping and a very erratic cervix and no pattern to my mucus so I started taking vitex yesterday. Hoping that will sort things out a bit!
I am not ready to be part of the list on the first page yet........I am stepping in very tentatively.........My emotions are shaky about the ttc process. My three living children were all conceived on the first try, and my stillborn daughter we tried for six months, so I am trying hard to not compare this new babe with her conception.
Healthy baby dust to us all!
~Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Old 04-25-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm obsessed with my temps! I had a bit of a jump with this mornings temp. I also had some cramping on my lower right side when I woke up. I guess it's still a wait and see game isn't it?

Jen
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a0286
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

ChildoftheMoon Let me know when your ready to take the leap of faith and be put up there. Hugs about your daughter. I'm also having a hard time with this because My last 2 kids were concived first try around also and now I cant seem to even ovulate on my own. I'm on Cd 59 I think. And my cycle last time was 52 days So I dont know what is up with that. Also my fertility now rest in my cardiolagist hands ERRRRR.

So my doc never called me back yesterday so I sure in the HE** hope he calls me today. ERRRR: :
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM

1babysmom,
Maybe you are having a slow rise tho? I've noticed that my post-O temps are lower than they were before I was nursing. I hope that you intuitions about Oing are correct! I've been having 50 day cycles, so I know how you feel.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Just a flyby... but I decided no to take the B6 this cycle and just see what happens... it will probably backfire in my face (can my LP get any shorter than 6 days lol) but I am just trying to chill and relax about it. I will not stop temping, I think DH would have to physically remove my thermometer from the house for that to happen. I'm actually back in that "I don't care" phase. The last time this happened, we conceived DS.

For you mamas who conceived your older children easily, was there anything different going on - i.e were you still nursing as much as you are now etc?

This is our 4th cycle ttc (we had a major oops in December but with an LP of 3 days I guess it doesn't count) and DS was conceived on our 3rd cycle. Obviously that doesn't mean much at all, especially since I wasn't nursing. I guess this is our 4th cycle "hoping" as opposed to "trying" since I have a LPD.

Back to do personals later...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Guess who I finally talked to Yep my Cardiolagist and he is going to go ahead and release me to have a baby as of May 1st. Woo Hoo. I'm so Exited so I made my OB appt for May4th at 9am to get a kick start on :AF and Get some Clomid. WOO HOO.: : : : :

So do you think I'm a little exited Wooo Hooo Ok I'm moving myself to the waiting to O catagory Woo Hoo never thought I would want to see he so bad.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 PM

So, I'm torn as to what to do. I'm having EWCM today and have many days this cycle. I think this is CD40. After talking with a few people, I realize that acupuncture would be the best option, but expensive. I'd probably have to go more than once too, and I know I can't afford that. So, my other option that is viable is to refill my Provera. I wanted to do things naturally. Provera has minimal side effects. I've taken it twice before with no problems. Then, there is part of me saying to do nothing - just see what happens. I don't know. :

New Mamas

to those anticipating.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

eastkygal I would try the progesteron sp? cream like the girls were saying
Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
eastkygal I would try the progesteron sp? cream like the girls were saying
I've never had anyone recommend the cream and I haven't tried it. The Provera is a pill hormone progesterone. Would the natural creams work kind of the same way?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Natural progesterone creams are much less concentrated, so they wouldn't *quite* have the same effect as a pill or rx supplement. And in the long run it can be more costly, depending on how much you choose to use.

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

I see I used provera for mine but I didnt know anything about the creams I just heard ppl mention it.

I say go for the provera maybe we can be getting our BFP together next month WOOO HOOO
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 PM

I don't think trying the cream would hurt, though (as long as it's a natural, bio-identical cream). Besides, it's only available OTC so if you're pretty familiar with your body and think it'd benefit, then it's worth a shot!! I've had quite a bit of experience with progesterone cream if anyone has any questions...so I can try and help.

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 PM

I bought the 10th anniversary edition and I have a great basal thermo, but I have some questions...

For one...the charting is so confusing!!! Why is the 97 or 98 only circled sometimes? Is that because that basal temp fell below 97.1 on those days?

Also, it recommends taking your temp first thing in the morning and making sure you've had at least 3 hours of sleep behind you. Well the problem with that is my son co-sleeps with us and he wakes up several times a night to nurse and I rarely get three hours of sleep in a row!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 AM

ok, so i have a ? for all of you more seasoned BFing TTCers. i'm not temping because i really wasn't wanting to get all that wraped up in the "i want to get pg" thing. but i have a saliva microscope that i use, just to see if i'm even ovulating. so i started seeing ferning (sign that estrogen is rising and about to O) on CD9-11, then absolutely nothing CD12 &13, and then the ferning started up again CD14-21 (today=CD21). when i checked on the FAQs for the microscope, they say you're only supposed to see ferning 3-4 days pre-O and 1-2 days post-O. in case you're feeling a little lost in the numbers, you're supposed to see ferning 6 days max, and i've already had ferning a total of 11 days and counting. the website said if you're seeing more ferning than what's considered "normal", either you're pg or you're not producing enough progesterone. it's too early to POAS, so i can't really rule that out yet, but is it normal to have low progesterone while BFing? i'm an EPer and i only pump 3-4 times a day, so it's not like i nurse all night long, but it seems like i see a lot of you having problems with this sort of thing. this is my 1st cycle, so maybe it's just going to take time to get my cycle regulated? i don't know! thoughts? suggestions? TIA!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

[QUOTE=naturegirl;7945458] I am almost ready to start popping any fertility drugs I can get my hands on! If I get 4 or 5 kids at once...I will deal. (I would really be of course.)

I know how you feel. My dh is very much against using any kind of fertility drugs and I think it is because he fears multiples!: his mom is a twin and his sister is going to be having twins any day now so he already feels at high risk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildoftheMoon View Post
Hello everyone! I have been lurking for a while now and feel it is about time I should post.
Welcome and good luck to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Guess who I finally talked to Yep my Cardiolagist and he is going to go ahead and release me to have a baby as of May 1st. Woo Hoo. I'm so Exited so I made my OB appt for May4th at 9am to get a kick start on :AF and Get some Clomid. WOO HOO
Yeah!! That is great news. It must be a relief to be declared *healthy*! I hope things move along quickly for you now.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
So, I'm torn as to what to do. I'm having EWCM today and have many days this cycle. I think this is CD40. After talking with a few people, I realize that acupuncture would be the best option, but expensive. I'd probably have to go more than once too, and I know I can't afford that. So, my other option that is viable is to refill my Provera. I wanted to do things naturally. Provera has minimal side effects. I've taken it twice before with no problems. Then, there is part of me saying to do nothing - just see what happens. I don't know. :.
Yup, the acupuncture is a multi session commitment. Sorry I don't know anything about Provera or progesterone creams. It is so difficult to "just wait and see." I know the feeling about wanting to do *something*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
I bought the 10th anniversary edition and I have a great basal thermo, but I have some questions...

For one...the charting is so confusing!!! Why is the 97 or 98 only circled sometimes? Is that because that basal temp fell below 97.1 on those days?

Also, it recommends taking your temp first thing in the morning and making sure you've had at least 3 hours of sleep behind you. Well the problem with that is my son co-sleeps with us and he wakes up several times a night to nurse and I rarely get three hours of sleep in a row!
I think the temps are all circled, so when the 97 or 98 is circled it is 97.0, 98.0. If the other number above is circled ( say, 3)it is 97.3.

A lot of us are temping with a cosleeper. I have noticed it is a fairly common topic of conversation in the ttc area. I think the general consensus is that you just do the best you can. Temp around the same time after you have a good chunk of sleep. I think the important thing is just not to get up out of bed before you temp. Even if it is not exactly accurate you will be able to determine the trends.

I have been doing some more reading and decided that I should be temping. I thought that without af it did not matter, but Katie Singer seems to think you do get some good info in her book,"the garden of fertility". She has a pretty good chapter about bf and fertility. She also recommends the light therapy method, where you sleep in total darkness and then introduce a 40 watt bulb to induce ovulation. Has anyone here tried that?
Eastky, that would be a cheap intervention to try!

So the trip to the ARNP was pretty much a waste today. She was running really behind and since I had already gone over the test results with the naturopath, I waited a long time in her office for nothing.
The Naturopath wants to treat me for yeast in the gut. So that involves a couple of supplements and a diet including no sugar and no wheat. I am not very excited about having to be so creative in meal planning, but it will be worth it if it has a positive effect on my health. She really feels like if we get my gut straightened out then my hormones will straighten themselves out and we will not have to do anything to them directly.
I am taking the attitude that if this is going to help me be in optimal health before getting pg then it will be worth it! And if I lose a little weight that would not hurt me either! I am going to start after pizza night tomorrow. and wouldn't you know that dh came home with 3 boxes of those fund raising cookies yesterday. they are sooooo bad that it is a good thing that I will not be eating them.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 AM

Hello! I introduced myself at several weeks ago and then dropped off, because I had to deal with a health condition that wouldn't go away. Now I am feeling better, so I thought I'd come back and join again. I hope to O soon... I think I might by the end of the week. I can feel it coming, lol.... doesn't that sound weird?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 AM

About the progesterone... you could explore your options with the cream. I've known a few moms to get pregnant using it. Here are a couple of links:

http://www.johnleemd.com/
http://allonhealth.com/natural-proge...tility-sub.htm
http://www.mercola.com/1999/archive/pcos.htm

The last article is more about PCOS, but it mentions the cream.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post

Are you referring to open versus filled in circles? If so, the open circles usually indicate that the temp was taken under different circumstances...most often over a 1/2 hour from the "normal" temping time.

As for the 3 hours of sleep, I never worry about that. For my charts over the past 3 years, the key has simply been consistency. I actually have an alarm specifically for temping (because I never wake at the same time each day), and it's worked AWESOME while co-sleeping and BF'ing. It just goes off at the same time every morning (6 a.m., since it's the earliest I'll ever get up...but usually I just temp and go back to sleep), so that my temping time is always the same. My charts still turn out great (and no open circles! ) even when I've had much less than 3 hours of sleep prior to temping (DD is no where close to sleeping through the night).

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-26-2007, 10:13 AM

Well I am feeling much better today. Af will be gone today just decided to cut itself short this time which is fine by me! I am really praying that I will O sooner and have a regular cycle this time with the B6!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Dang...I cheated on my chart this morning but not sure if that was the way to go.

Okay, I know...ALWAYS ALWAYS take the FIRST temp if you temp more than once in the morning. I always have before (unless there was some specific reason not to). Well, this morning I temped at my normal time when my temping alarm went off- 6:30. BUT, I fell back asleep (late night!) and the thermometer fell out of my mouth, so I woke up and found it and put it back in, and it beeped right after that. The temp was 97.46. I forgot to turn my alarm off and so it went off again 5 minutes later, so I just temped again, and that time it stayed in my mouth LOL and the temp was 97.71.

Normally I wouldn't care, but these temps make a difference because the 2nd one would continue to make it appear that I may have ovulated. However, the first one leaves me wondering if I never did O. I put the 2nd one in because it made me happier : and I guess I won't have any answers until tomorrow's temp, but still...what do you think?

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Well I am feeling much better today. Af will be gone today just decided to cut itself short this time which is fine by me! I am really praying that I will O sooner and have a regular cycle this time with the B6!
Yay for a shorter AF! How cool is that!

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
jmo

Question for those still waiting for ppaf: how often do you test? I'm trying not to be obsessive about it but I keep thinking everytime I reach for a cup of coffee or whatever...I *could* possibly be pg! Unlikely, but possible.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post
Question for those still waiting for ppaf: how often do you test? I'm trying not to be obsessive about it but I keep thinking everytime I reach for a cup of coffee or whatever...I *could* possibly be pg! Unlikely, but possible.
I tested once a couple of months ago just for fun (I had an expired strip so I said, why not?), but that's it. I usually have some ewcm and a high, open cervix which tells me that not only am I not pregnant, I haven't ovulated yet. At least it keeps me from wondering.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I chose to chart even though I hadn't gotten AF. So I only tested a few times (then again, AF did come back for me at 4.5 months PP : ). But my temps made it pretty clear that I wasn't ovulating or pregnant.

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-26-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:

i have tested many times! i have calmed down about it now. so many times i have thought what if..............
Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the articles on the progesterone cream. I'll look into it. I went amenorrhea when TTC DD for 5 months took Provera and conceived, so I can see how the cream has helped some moms.

I've decided to give it a week... POAS again... and if BFN, I may go ahead and see the doctor. Hopefully, DH and I will be able to afford to have my hormone levels checked. Then, I'll know what the best route is. Amenorrhea is a health condition, so I guess it warrants an early doctor visit. I'm not going to rule out asking for clomid either. It is important for me to try my best to conceive and give birth before 30. If God has other plans for me, the medicine won't work - or is that flawed thinking?

I went to the chiro today for some lower back pain that is chronic and flairs up from time to time. I fell hiking and ... Anyway, he was all excited that I haven't had a migraine. I told him it was because I'm not having a cycle, and they are induced by hormones. He thinks it's the chiropractic working. He says me exercising could throw off my cycle, changes in eating habits, etc... I still think he's wrong and I haven't had my migraine because the AF hormones aren't there. :

Why do I feel like people don't take this TTC thing very seriously?

pazerific BFing can cause your hormones to do all sorts of interesting things. You can gear up to o, BFing makes you not o, then you can gear up to o later again in that cycle. You may or may not actually o the second time. That could explain all the ferning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Old 04-26-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
pazerific BFing can cause your hormones to do all sorts of interesting things. You can gear up to o, BFing makes you not o, then you can gear up to o later again in that cycle. You may or may not actually o the second time. That could explain all the ferning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
That sounds right. I think that is exactly what is going on with me. I have been getting o symptoms just about every other week.
I just started taking vitex in hopes that it will stabalize my cycles. (So far I have only had two bleeding times, 3 months apart.)
~Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

User Tag List