Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 492 Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrc View Post
I just don't get it...I had all the symptoms of Oing. My DH and I thought we timed it just right so WHY aren't we PG???? I feel like we've been trying 4-ever, even though it's only been a couple of months: I did test kinda early so I will try again next week, but I'm sure I will be wasting a test....Oh well, You know how that goes ladies
I think many of us here know how that feels. I'm going into month 9 ttc, our timing has been perfect every time - so what gives?! : that you just tested too early

Oh ladies, I am totally with you on the annoyingly long cycles!! Compared to some of you, though, mine seem short!

Ok, at first FF said my O date was CD19, and this morning it moved to CD22 - can somebody look at my chart and tell me what they think? Looking at my previous charts I almost always have a pre-o dip, and my temp never goes up to 97.3 unless I've o'd. Fortunately we have both days "covered" , but I'd much rather be 6dpo than 3dpo

tia!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#62 of 492 Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Well, I got my peak on CD 13 and we had sex 6 times in 3 days (cd 12, 13 & 14) Hope the timing was good, we'll see in 2 weeks. I hope I actually ovulated - I did get several positive OPKS and the peak on the monitor - but you never know with this whole nursing business...

So sorry for all you long cyclers - boy don't I know how that is. I didn't even have the heart or patience to try when my cycles were longer than 35 days, so I give you girls so much credit for hanging in there. It did take about 7 or 8 cycles for mine to get even CLOSE to normal, so good things do happen over time.
#63 of 492 Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM

It is def around O time I have more milk all the sudden...LOL....I am pretty sure I O'ed on the 3rd but we'll see what my temps do in the am.

Baby dust everyone!!!~~~~~~~
#64 of 492 Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Jillybeans how is everything going Please check in
#65 of 492 Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 PM

hi all! i just got back home from a 2 week trip with my dd to see my parents and sister. of course i had all of the signs that either my cycles are finally returning or i was newly pg during my vaca. i decided to POAS this morning b/c my nipples have been really sore, and don't you know before that 3 min wait was over, along came my 1st PPAF! it figures! i thought i would be a little bummed, but i'm actually really excited to think that it's finally real--i could actually get pg!!! i'm so excited because it's a whole new world of possibility now!

so i proudly request to be bumped into the waiting to O category
#66 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 AM

"Heather-Where do you live that DH gets a year off!?!?! That is awsome! I hope your fertility returns soon for you!""

In canada we get 12 months at 55% of your wage. I SAH so I get no wage, but dh can take up to 9 months (3 months is designated disability for the mother) the other 9 can be broken up between you any way you want. You can take 6 together or each take 6 back to back or one of you can take all of it. We've never taken a proper leave because dh was always a student. But I'm really excited that next time he'll be able to take the full 9! We can live off half our income if we have to, and after they change your tax bracket it ends op being more like 75% anyway.

For those of you waiting for ppaf and who chart do you notice a change in your cervix and cervical fluid even with no period or does it stay one way?
#67 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchamama View Post
For those of you waiting for ppaf and who chart do you notice a change in your cervix and cervical fluid even with no period or does it stay one way?

I'm not waiting (poo...got that over with at 4 months PP : ), but I'd been charting and no, I didn't notice a cervical change. BUT, I guess I should also mention that my first 3 "AF's" were anovulatory, too...so I didn't have ANY changes when they showed (temps, either).

Not sure if that helps any...

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#68 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 PM

anarchamama- The weeks before I got my ppaf I had a TON of cervical mucus. I've never had mucus like that before and I haven't since. We're talking gobs (sorry for being gross). There was no question that AF was on her merry way.
#69 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Count me in! I have a ds who will be two this month and dh told me a few days before the day that I concieved e that he was ready so we jumped on board, literlly and we will see. I am DYING to POAS right now, I am tempted to get a blood test since I get them for free and why not. The sooner I know the sooner i can get Tricare's but on my HB. I have been slowly reading up on my cycle and learning more and more the past few monthes and I feel, by CM, that I O'ed the day of or after the act: It was toooo easy with e, am I silly to think it could be like that again?: Hope we can be joining a DDC here soon!
Namaste and : to all those little swimmers! Swim swimmies swim!!!

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#70 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Please move me from limboland and into waiting to be ready. I lost the baby today. Doc doesn't want us to try again for a couple of months.
#71 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannyjo View Post
Please move me from limboland and into waiting to be ready. I lost the baby today. Doc doesn't want us to try again for a couple of months.
s honey, I am so sorry. Wishing you comfort, peace and gentle healing.

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#72 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

So, so sorry JannyJo
#73 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Janny I am so sorry.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#74 of 492 Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 PM

jannyjo I'm so sorry.

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#75 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

:HUG iM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS

UPDATED TO HERE
#76 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry, jannyjo

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#77 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 AM

Wishing you lots of comfort,hugs and,support during this hard time, so sorry

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#78 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Well, I'm 10 DPO, and nauseous the past two mornings. I was sick for the last 10 days, we DTD the night before I got sick. I gave up tracking my cycle this month, but when I went back last night and updated my info I realized we DTD exactly 4 days before O, so there is a chance this month after all. We'll see what happens, but I should be getting AF by Next Friday based on my last couple of cycles.

I guess you can update me to waiting to test

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#79 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Oh Janet : I'm so very sorry.

Hanny banny- i think your crosshairs could go either way. you had the same temp dip, two consecutive days and another jump last month too. your cross hairs are after the plateu last month which i think is right, however, this month your other temps were lower so it is certainly possible that o was before that. but after looking at how your temps are climbing (great!!) i think ff is probably right. sorry!

maureen-:

liz-:

Welcome to the new moms and i can certainly commiserate on the long cycles. i've ranged between 35-52 with most of them over 40 days. it stinks!!

this month is being so very weird, i'd appreciate any insight anyone has. so all was going along fine but i wasn't getting the CM build up i typically get so i was thinking it was going to be annovulatory again or o really late. well i decided to go ahead with the opk any way. i got a positive on cd 22 and had watery cm so i figured i'd get the EWCM and o in the next 2 days. nope...my temp jumped the next am and was high this am too. so i oed the of the positive ovulation test!?! no ewcm!?!? huh?!? if my temp is up tomorrow again i'll get crosshairs for the day of the postive/watery cm. i don't know...anyone else? if anyone cares you can see my chart in my sig. thanks.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#80 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

this month is being so very weird, i'd appreciate any insight anyone has. so all was going along fine but i wasn't getting the CM build up i typically get so i was thinking it was going to be annovulatory again or o really late. well i decided to go ahead with the opk any way. i got a positive on cd 22 and had watery cm so i figured i'd get the EWCM and o in the next 2 days. nope...my temp jumped the next am and was high this am too. so i oed the of the positive ovulation test!?! no ewcm!?!? huh?!? if my temp is up tomorrow again i'll get crosshairs for the day of the postive/watery cm. i don't know...anyone else? if anyone cares you can see my chart in my sig. thanks.

When I got my "peak" on the monitor, ovulatory pain, and + opks, I didn't not really have EWCM. In fact, I never did this whole cycle. What I did have was watery, and not that much of it. We used preseed, but I'm wondering how not having that EWCM will play out as far as getting pg. Is it required? I have no idea. Toni Weschler says that ANY watery CM prior to O is considered fertile although not necessarily ideal.

Also, this month, after O, my CM did not completely "dry up" like Toni says it should. Mine just got a little thicker. Of course I am worrying about all the things this might mean - especially that I didn't REALLY ovulate. I guess we will see in a few days when I have my progesterone checked.

I know that EWCM is a byproduct of the estrogen surge prior to ovulation. I also know that estrogen can be quite low in lactating women. Maybe this is the cause...
#81 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Janet- I'm so sorry!

Wait a minute...most of you long cycle people are way luckier than me! Am I the only one here dealing with 70+ (last was 87 days!!) day cycles? And mine have gotten longer, not shorter. Poo...

DD is actually nursing less at nights now, though, so hoping it makes a difference!! PLEASE let it make a difference!! Does anyone know the actual timeframe where nursing at night has the most effect? (related to hormone release) I had heard it once, but forgot... This is the first cycle that she's been nursing less from the start, so hoping it brings up my O date!! Last cycle it wasn't until right around when I O'd that she started nursing less (we're working on our nighttime's lately...tired mama!!).

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#82 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Okay, I'm going to jump in here because I do stalk this thread on a regular basis. I guess you could put me in waiting to be ready. My DS turned 2 in Feb. and I also have a 6-year old DD. DH and I are both 37 and we had some issues getting pregnant as I have PCOS.
I would like to know if anyone else has an ambivalent DH when it comes to TTC? DH knows I would like another baby and last month was a BD fest with no BC. With the nursing, my body tried to O twice, before finally getting it done, but BD was right on track to where it could have happened. When AF arrived, a couple days before I thought it would, DH was like he had won the lottery and dodged the bullet. He now has told me he's not going to engage in "risky" behavior again. I can't help but feel gyped, like I missed my one chance for number three. Anyone else have a DH like mine? I guess time will tell if he holds strong to his plan or not.
Well, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Good luck nursing mamas, maybe I'll be able to more "officially" join you soon.
Pamela
#83 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Marie-Geez, don't people know when they aren't wanted! That is inconvient timing!
No kidding! I was on the verge of yelling "GO HOME, I NEED TO HAVE SEX!" But, as of 10 this AM they're ALL gone! So, now, on to some serious TTCing!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#84 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM

Change request: My DD is 12 months, not 8. (I'm under "Waiting to O.") Thanks! :

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#85 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 05:11 PM

1babysmom,
You are not alone. I am on day 46 right now and I haven't O'd yet.

Sharon
#86 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Ok everything is caught up to here and the new ones are added

1babysmom Your not alone last cycle was 52 days this one I think will beat that one I'm on CD41 and no sign of AF or Oing athough my body dosnt know how to O
#87 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 07:20 PM

Maureen- Thanks, I hope we both get pregnant this cycle, EWCM be damned!

1baby'smom- Sorry, that is definately worse. I know how frustarting these long cycles are so I can only imagine how frustrating those really long cycles are!

Socialworkmamma- That really stinks. I hope you two can come to a happy agreement and he can make up his darn mind! And here is another one because getting AF when you don't want her is really hard, let alone someone you love rejoicing in it!!

Marie- I'm glad everyone is gone! Now....what to do with the kids! Also, I've found it easier to put month/year in for dc so you don't have to change it all the time.

: for all the REALLY long cycle mamas!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#88 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Marie- I'm glad everyone is gone! Now....what to do with the kids! Also, I've found it easier to put month/year in for dc so you don't have to change it all the time.
I know, LOL!
Well, I didn't remember joining this group before which is why I was surprised by the 8 month thing, ha ha! But 4 mos. ago I MUST have been here, though we weren't "actively" TTCing then...
Maybe I was a loudmouth lurker!

#89 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 08:22 PM

OK, Kinda freakin out right now....Just took a test and it came up VERY light Positive....2 lines were there, but I mean super,super light. I looked at my test a couple of days ago that I took and nothing. I know some of you out there or at least I think I've read b-4 have had faint line Positives....Do you think I'm PG or not?? I will definetely test in the morning cuz I know that is the highest hormone levels. Wish me luck everyone: I'll keep ya all posted and HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#90 of 492 Old 04-07-2007, 09:03 PM

WOW, Susan! Sounds like a BFP to me! ANY line (no matter how faint) is generally considered a +! So...congrats are probably in order!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page