Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JannyJo

sarahn - Whoo-hoo on oing! I'm rooting for ya girl!

Susanrc - : : Whoo-hoo!

to all the mamas with long cycles. When TTC DD I went 5 months and no af. I got pregnant before AF came back. So, it can and will happen.

I'm in the 2WW. I don't know if and when I o'd, which surprisingly feels pretty good. Since I did o the last 2 months I'll just assume I did. I'm really to the point now that I can except it will come when it comes. I will have everything checked out at the year mark of TTC though if it doesn't happen by then, just to make sure I'm okay.

I hope everyone a peaceful, comforting, and patient month.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Susanrc: Congrats!! : : :

Eastkygal: :

Sarahmck: I suggest going to the dr's and getting a blood test. It's also possible she O'd later than usual. Stress, hormones, or changes in breastfeeding can delay O, even if she usually has regular cycles.

hannybanany: :

1babysmom: I chart because I have such irregular cycles and I don't like being in the dark about my body. Last cycle I O'd on cd51, this time it was cd31. I have PCOS, so long and irregular cycles are not unusual for me :

ellymay: : you get a thermal shift tomorrow.

I would love an Xmas baby I'm 9dpo and too early to test. This morning I woke up not feeling well. Trying not to read too much into it since I did have some Easter candy last night

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM

I knew it! CONGRATS SUSAN!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 AM

Why am I not on the list? Am I not welcome in the clique?:

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Your welcome on the list just let me know where you fit in
Old 04-10-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Question for you loooong cycle ladies...are you charting? I've been charting since 1 month PP but lately I just want to give it up (although it's a love-hate thing, because I'm a control freak perfectionist and love charting...even with co-sleeping my charts turn out nicely too...and it's never been a hassle for me, either). I guess I'm intrigued by the idea of getting pregnant by "surprise" or something...but it seems way too far-fetched to get pregnant w/OUT charting since I"m not O'ing until way after CD 60 or so, and there's no consistency with the date. I'm just not sure what I want to do...I guess it just feels pointless to be charting for the first 50-some days of my cycle just to get to the 60's and 70's when I'll O. But then I think, what IF I did O earlier the one time I stop charting?? : I mean, it'd be one thing if I had shorter cycles and knew that if I DID miss my O date, I'd have another chance in 14-20days or whatever...but these days it's like, if I miss it, I have to wait at least a couple months before I get another chance.
I am exactly the same way. I am ovulating somewhere between cd20-30 or so : but hey, at least I'm Oing. I didn't chart most of the cycle we conceived DS because I'd been out of state and was waking at odd times, and I have kicked myself ever since. So this time I am determined to have a complete chart.

Susan, I guess I can offer my official congrats!!

Scarletbegonias, I hope the bleeding slows for you. If it doesn't, please go get checked out.

I think I may have O'ed, yay! If we're successful... well, I should say, if the
B6 works, my EDD will be December 30 instead of Christmas Day.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 AM

First: Congratulations Susan! And to all you LOOONG cycle mommas I promise I won't complain about my 40ish day cycles anymore.

I'm on cd 19 and had a positive OPK cd 18 & 19. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice clear thermal shift in the next few days! (I had a spike on cd 18, but today it fell again, this is the same pattern that happened on my other charting cycles).

Hopefully I am in the 2ww now!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Thanks to all I will still be checking in to see those . Good luck to all of you:

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
Old 04-10-2007, 09:35 AM

Man still not a big temp rise this am only 97.5 and that is just normal not high for O UGGGGG I am sooo getting p'd off about this I have had a ton of ewcm for like 9 days now and High Soft and Open cervix I just don't understand am I just popping out a bunch of eggs or what...LMBO
Old 04-10-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Your welcome on the list just let me know where you fit in

POAS

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Man still not a big temp rise this am only 97.5 and that is just normal not high for O UGGGGG I am sooo getting p'd off about this I have had a ton of ewcm for like 9 days now and High Soft and Open cervix I just don't understand am I just popping out a bunch of eggs or what...LMBO
Shoot, ellymay. It sounds like your body is "gearing up" to ovulate - trying to reach that estrogen threshold. Boy, do I remember THOSE cycles (and as long as I'm nursing, I'm afraid they coule return....) So frustrating! Ugh! Are you using opks?

Today is 7 or 8 dpo. I am having my progesterone checked today. I am feeling good about this cycle, and by good I mean relaxed. So much better than the last few months. I kind of have the attitude these days that I'm young and healthy and it will happen eventually. Every month I don't conceive is one more month I get to spend focused on my first and not crazed and exhasted with a new baby. I hope this is my month but I won't die if it isn't....

Congrats, Susan! Your stay here was short - yay!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 PM

Those of you who use OPK's...are they worth it? Whenever I see them at the $ store I wonder if I should get some. But I'm probably not the best candidate, right? (considering there's no rhyme or reason as to when I'll O, and it's usually waaaaay at the end of my cycle) I've never used them before when we were TTC DD, even with wonderfully regular cycles.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Those of you who use OPK's...are they worth it? Whenever I see them at the $ store I wonder if I should get some. But I'm probably not the best candidate, right? (considering there's no rhyme or reason as to when I'll O, and it's usually waaaaay at the end of my cycle) I've never used them before when we were TTC DD, even with wonderfully regular cycles.

Hmmm........I really like using opks, I don't think I would TTC w/o them. Since they are cheap online, that's what I use. Temping was never very accurate for me and was a PITA -- I guess I need a quick and easy "visual!" How are you determining O right now?

If you are ovulating at the end of your cycle, does that mean you have a short LP? Using opks can help you pinpoint exactly how long your LP is.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 PM

MCKH - yeah I am and I think I finally just got a pos on them!!!!

What do y'all think is this a pos opt?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...3/100_2957.jpg
Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, I gave in at 10dpo and tested In 3 minutes I got a with a FR. I'm not getting excited yet because maybe it's a false +. I'll poas tomorrow and if it's + I'll call my dr. I'm not telling my dh until I get a definite answer.
I have 4 more tests in the house. It will be a challenge for me to hold out til tomorrow

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 04-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Amandamarie, congrats!!! I'm sure it is a BFP.

Ellymay, I am still going through what you are - sometimes I've had EWCM for 2 weeks +. I finally just O'ed on CD24 after probably a good 10 days of EWCM. I notice that the closer I get to actually Oing, the consistency of it gets better and better and more like real egg whites. And a few cycles I've had a thermal shift but no CM dryup. Now that sucks big time! Hope you pop an egg real soon!!

And woohoo, I think I O'ed! Maybe we conceived on DS 1st birthday lol

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
cro

Seems like there's some good +++ vibes on this board - mind if I join in? I'm in the 2WW - def O'd over the weekend. And I don't know if this means anything, but for the 1st time since ds was about a month old, I actually felt...amorous! I almost forgot what it was like to dtd b/c I want to.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Amandamarie - Congrats!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
How are you determining O right now?

If you are ovulating at the end of your cycle, does that mean you have a short LP? Using opks can help you pinpoint exactly how long your LP is.
I chart- have been since 1 month PP. Even with co-sleeping my temps are always pretty stable and I get a clear temp shift with O'ing.

Yeah, I'm O'ing at the end of my cycle, but by that I mean on like CD 60-75 or something. I have a great LP- last one was 15 days (pre-pg was 17-18 so I guess my LP is my strong point ).

I just wonder if I'd end up wasting a bunch of OPK's since my cycles are still irregular (although I AM O'ing, just never at the same time). I'd love to have another thing to play around with, though.

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Congrats to the BFPs! to you all.

I'm 13 DPO and am not sure whats going on now : I don't know if I'm just tricking myself or what, but I've been nauseous for a couple of days, and yesterday it was so bad I almost threw up in the parking lot at the supermarket Its 40 degrees here and I had to put the AC on in the car to keep myself from actually getting sick. ARGH. I'm hungry, so I eat then feel sick, I'm so tired I can barely see straight, despite a good 8 hours of sleep last night, and I feel naseous again now.

Should I test yet? AF is not due until Friday, but I know with DD I tested 5 days early and got my BFP. What do you all think?

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Congratulations Amandamarie!!

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrc View Post
Well it's official..... Took test this morning and was definitely .
CONGRATS!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by transylvania_mom View Post
do you know how many days after implantation bleeding I could get a positive result?
between 3 and 5 usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletbegonias19 View Post
well "af" is actually an early m/c i'm almost 100% sure.
take care of yourself and get some help if you need it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
She POASed this morning and it was negative. Anyone else have any advice for her? Could it be a blighted ovum? I don't know enough about those to say, but it keeps coming to my mind for some reason.
I would strongly suggest a blood test and/or an ultrasound. a blighted ovum (i'm pretty sure but please correct me if i'm wrong) will still produce a positive urine test. rarely some women never test positve but are infact pregant. i'd also want to rule out something abnormal like fibroids or a cyst or something. let us know what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
I'm in the 2WW. I don't know if and when I o'd, which surprisingly feels pretty good. Since I did o the last 2 months I'll just assume I did. I'm really to the point now that I can except it will come when it comes. I will have everything checked out at the year mark of TTC though if it doesn't happen by then, just to make sure I'm okay.
yeah! i'm so glad you are feeling goood! are you planning to test or just wait and see? i hope we both move on to the ddcs this month!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
I think I may have O'ed, yay! If we're successful... well, I should say, if the B6 works, my EDD will be December 30 instead of Christmas Day.
that would be my edd as well, when are you planning to test?

Quote:
Today is 7 or 8 dpo. I am having my progesterone checked today. I am feeling good about this cycle, and by good I mean relaxed. So much better than the last few months. I kind of have the attitude these days that I'm young and healthy and it will happen eventually. Every month I don't conceive is one more month I get to spend focused on my first and not crazed and exhasted with a new baby. I hope this is my month but I won't die if it isn't....
love the attitude! eastky was saying something similar and i've been feeling it too. i hope it's a great sign for all of us!

Quote:
if you decide to use them, get them online. i got some from baby creation and have been happy with them, good prices and fast shipping. it could get expensive if you don't have warnings that o is coming and having such long cycles. if you have cm as it approaches i'd just start them then.

Quote:
i think it is! yeah! i hope you get a thermal shift soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamarie View Post
Well, I gave in at 10dpo and tested In 3 minutes I got a with a FR. I'm not getting excited yet because maybe it's a false +. I'll poas tomorrow and if it's + I'll call my dr. I'm not telling my dh until I get a definite answer.
I have 4 more tests in the house. It will be a challenge for me to hold out til tomorrow
well i'll get excited for you!! :::

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro View Post
Seems like there's some good +++ vibes on this board - mind if I join in? I'm in the 2WW - def O'd over the weekend. And I don't know if this means anything, but for the 1st time since ds was about a month old, I actually felt...amorous! I almost forgot what it was like to dtd b/c I want to.
maybe your increased interest is a sign of normalized hormones so it definately could be a sign of a nice healthy o!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootchsMom View Post
I'm 13 DPO <snip> Should I test yet? AF is not due until Friday, but I know with DD I tested 5 days early and got my BFP. What do you all think?
13dpo!?! TEST!!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

13dpo!?! TEST!!
I knew someone would tell me what to do! lol. I have to go out and buy a test, I don't have any in the house. I'll POAS in the AM and let you all know, but now I'm nervous

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

What do y'all think is this a pos opt?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...3/100_2957.jpg
Absolutely! Now, what are you doing on the computer?? Go jump your husband!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
I would strongly suggest a blood test and/or an ultrasound. a blighted ovum (i'm pretty sure but please correct me if i'm wrong) will still produce a positive urine test. rarely some women never test positve but are infact pregant. i'd also want to rule out something abnormal like fibroids or a cyst or something. let us know what happens.
Yeah, I was wondering that about a blighted ovum. She's currently on CD40. She usually gets AF on CD32. POAS was negative yesterday. She's really confused about what could be going on. Of note is the fact that last month, NOT this month, was hugely stressful for her due to the closure of her business. She expected that to affect last month's chart, but perhaps it's affecting this month instead?

Any other ideas will be appreciated, thanks!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I chart- have been since 1 month PP. Even with co-sleeping my temps are always pretty stable and I get a clear temp shift with O'ing.

Yeah, I'm O'ing at the end of my cycle, but by that I mean on like CD 60-75 or something. I have a great LP- last one was 15 days (pre-pg was 17-18 so I guess my LP is my strong point ).

I just wonder if I'd end up wasting a bunch of OPK's since my cycles are still irregular (although I AM O'ing, just never at the same time). I'd love to have another thing to play around with, though.
Were your cycles always that way? POAS opks are very fun, but if you are sure you are ovulating then maybe they'd just be a superfluous purchase. If I am pg. this cycle I will mail you my extras!

I am SOOOOOOOOO tempted to just check off the "HCG QUANT" on my bloodwork slip (I am going in today for a progesterone test.) Would that be really bad?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:51 PM

Sarah-does she know when she Oed or just that her period is late? if she doesn't know if/when she oed the stress could certainly have pushed things back.

MAureen-why not? how many DPO are you? 9/10 i'm thinking. if so go ahead and do it! i doubt your doc would be mad if you are filling it out yourself!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 PM

this is silly but i can't help myself. take a look at my chart!! this is the prettiest pp chart i've had. it is really getting my hopes up so hopefully i can reign myself back in!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Absolutely! Now, what are you doing on the computer?? Go jump your husband!
LMBO I can't he works 3rd shift so he's sleepign right now. We dtd yesterday morning and I will try to get a bd in tonight it just depends on how early the kids go to sleep

User Tag List