Nursing Mamas TTC in April - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone my temp went up again this am and I got my CH's and they are solid lines!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO I think I O'ed the day before it says though going by my cp and cm if anyone can take a look and let me know what you think.

I think maybe I didn't O last month when I look at my temps I just don't think I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM

Congrats to all the BFP's...wow! There might not BE a Nursing Mamas TTC thread in a couple months! LOL (Or I'll probably be left alone to post in the thread myself )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
How long have you been trying? If see see others not getting preg right away it will make me feel better Ihave been trying since DD was born but AF only returned 4 months ago so I guess TTC 4 months
Gosh...I got AF back at 4 months PP, but I didn't start O'ing until 10 months PP. So even though we've been "hoping" to conceive for nearly 14 months now (since she was born), we've only been "able" to try for 4 months (which has actually only been 2 cycles). But DD took a year and a half, so I guess I don't expect it to be any faster this time, darn it.

I've been spotting for the last 2 days! I don't get it... I DID spot "mid cycle" before my first PP ovulation...if spotting CD 50-55 counts (then I O'd on CD 65).

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

Ellymay - hope this is your month! I think it's too late for you to be in the Dec DDC w/me but hopefully you can join the Jan one! What day are you testing??
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Anyone else testing Monday?
Well...I was but I had a really nice temp jump this AM so I got all excited and tested at 10DPO. It was negative, now I'm not sure if I should test tomorrow or wait until Tuesday when AF is actually due at 12dpo. What do you think? I'm really hopeful and : for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
I was wondering when co-sleepers and night-time nursers temp? DD still nurses 1-2 times a night. Should I temp after the first wake-up (usually 5 hours after we've gone to bed) or temp after the second wake-up or ?

The beeping of the thermometer woke DD up this morning :
My husband gives me my therm in the AM when he gets up and on weekends i typically wake up close to then anyway and temp then. i have found that a consistent time is more important than consecutive sleep for me. And yeah, I've had the therm wake dd too, that stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootchsMom View Post
Ah, the witch is here, and bad I've ruined 2 pairs of underwear and my pj bottoms

Liz
Oh Liz, I'm so sorry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Thanks everyone and congratulations to you too hanny! I am trying not to think about it too much or get attached because I am a worrier; I think maybe it will be more real once I skip my period. I kind of hate these early detection tests, but of course I can't stay away from them either! I barely remember the last time I got pregnant so I don't have a lot to compare to. I feel fine except for mild cramping (which I DO remember from the last time.) Time has flown by since DD was born, but now that I am hoping for the next couple of months to zoom by it seems to have slowed to a crawl....... of course
: for you and Hanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Hi ladies! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a SAHM to a beautiful 9 mo old son. We CS and I feed on demand, so no AF. We really want to TTC soon (my hubby - who used to never want more than 2 is SOOO in love w/ our little guy now he wants 4!!) So, I'm going to read TCOYF and see if DH can't help me wean DS off his first night-feeding. Maybe that will help matters. I'm also going to start temping.

Is it common that I would have had period-like symptoms (some cramping, irritability) but absolutely no sign of AF? I've been like that on-off the last few months so I was just curious. TIA!
I had several times that I was sure my pp AF was coming but didn't. I have CM changes and crampy times and all that but no period. It is a good sign that your body is gearing up though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Hey everyone my temp went up again this am and I got my CH's and they are solid lines!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO I think I O'ed the day before it says though going by my cp and cm if anyone can take a look and let me know what you think.

I think maybe I didn't O last month when I look at my temps I just don't think I did.
Yeah! I think your chart is looking great! I'd say. based on temps that ff is right on your O date, sorry! I do think you probably Oed last month although I can certainly see why you'd question it. I hope you caught that egg!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
This is me, exactly! I am SOOO afraid to become attached. We've had an early-ish MC before, and I just, I don't know... If it happens again maybe it will hurt less if I'm not as attached to the idea of being pg. Silly, because I'm sure if something happens I'll be just as heartbroken, but... I'm occasionally crampy, and in all honesty, I cannot wait to start feeling crappy with m/s so I know it's "real".
This is how I'm feeling too

Sarahn: : :

ScootchsMom:

Ellymay: :

rmzbm: here's some more baby dust

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 04-15-2007, 06:02 PM

flyby.... my temp dropped waaaay down this am so I think AF may grace me with her very undesired presence this evening or tomorrow. Another 6/7day LP ugh!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Thanks, Amanda!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Ah, the witch is here, and bad I've ruined 2 pairs of underwear and my pj bottoms

Liz
SAme here, what I thought with IS I think is AF, I don't know how IS could be this heavy

Quote:
Hi ladies! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a SAHM to a beautiful 9 mo old son. We CS and I feed on demand, so no AF. We really want to TTC soon (my hubby - who used to never want more than 2 is SOOO in love w/ our little guy now he wants 4!!) So, I'm going to read TCOYF and see if DH can't help me wean DS off his first night-feeding. Maybe that will help matters. I'm also going to start temping.

Is it common that I would have had period-like symptoms (some cramping, irritability) but absolutely no sign of AF? I've been like that on-off the last few months so I was just curious. TIA!
That seems really young to start nightweaning, that is just me though, good luck, I didn't get AF back until 18 monthes

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamastePlatypus View Post
That seems really young to start nightweaning, that is just me though, good luck, I didn't get AF back until 18 monthes
We're not going to eliminate night-weaning altogether - just the first one (he eats a LOT at night). I'd like him to TRY and give me an initial 6 hour stretch at night. Then I'd feed him on demand. Of course, if I were to tend to him, then he just wants to eat, where if DH tended to him, he can get him back down without eating.

Maybe I shoud reconsider even eliminating the first feeding yet?

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 04-15-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCKH View Post
Ellymay - hope this is your month! I think it's too late for you to be in the Dec DDC w/me but hopefully you can join the Jan one! What day are you testing??
Yeah IF I did concieve I would be due 1-3-08 that's cool to though and I would probably test around the 25th if af isn't here by then as my normal LP seems to be 11 days right now and it used to be 12-14 days but I am not getting my hopes up for getting preggo though but it would be a nice surprise for our anniversary on the 29th!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

goin' green I wouldnt start eliminating any feeding till at least a year. I know how you feel though.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Well for job related reasons it looks like we've decided to postpone TTC untill the fall (for a summer '08 baby) then DH would be done teaching and I could do a full 2 semesters at school next year. I'm sad that we're going to wait but it really does make sense. Plus if we made job desisions now based n the idea of having a baby next winter and then my cycle didn't come back and it ended up being summer anyway that would be really annoying......so

Could I be mover back to Waiting to Be ready

Thanks
Heather
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
sorry Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
n other news I figure I'm O'ing pretty much NOW! So...well, yeah...any baby dust would be VERY welcome right now!
: hope you caught that egg!!

Quote:
I was wondering when co-sleepers and night-time nursers temp? :
I would just temp at roughly the same time every day sometime around when dh gets up. I lose track of how many times ds nurses, I am so groggy! I am taking a break from temping though. I am frustrated with my crazy anovulatory chart. I will just continue to monitor cf.

Quote:
welcome! Good luck to ya. My ds is 22 months and still no af. There have been several times that I felt like I was going to start, with symptoms like you describe but still nothing. ds is also a voracious night nurser. I will consider night weaning after he turns 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Hey everyone my temp went up again this am and I got my CH's and they are solid lines!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO
: I hope you caught that egg!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Congrats to all the BFP's...wow! There might not BE a Nursing Mamas TTC thread in a couple months! LOL (Or I'll probably be left alone to post in the thread myself )
I am sure I will be here with you!! You will not be alone. I am hoping to get out of here by sept at the latest. That is when a baby would be 3 years younger than ds. I would be thrilled to be pg any ol time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Well...I was but I had a really nice temp jump this AM so I got all excited and tested at 10DPO. It was negative, now I'm not sure if I should test tomorrow or wait until Tuesday when AF is actually due at 12dpo. What do you think?
sorry, I know it is hard to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
flyby.... my temp dropped waaaay down this am so I think AF may grace me with her very undesired presence this evening or tomorrow. Another 6/7day LP ugh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamastePlatypus View Post
SAme here, what I thought with IS I think is AF, I don't know how IS could be this heavy
That darn af. : for next cycle.

My ds is having marathon nursing sessions since he is cutting 4 teeth all at once. They are taking their time coming in, poor thing.: I even had to nip at a restaurant at the dinner table last night. That hasn't happened in a very long time. He can sure be convincing when he wants to nurse! I hope that after these teeth finally come in he will get back to normal and nursing less. I pretty much always nurse him when he wants. Sometimes I have success with distraction, but, like I said, he can be very convincing.

I am still so excited about all the BFP's!!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 AM

Elania, I really hope you get an egg soon. Well, that and that you catch it right away! :

I decided that if my temp is still up in the AM i'll go ahead and test again, I have 20 internet cheapies just waiting to be used. If I didn't have those I'd wait but I can handle to neg emotionally so I might as well have a go at it! Man I hope this is our month!

Good luck in the AM EastKYGal!!!!!!::

Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 AM

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate the support! I hope you won't be needing all those tests!
: : good luck in the am Sarah and Eastkygal!!: : I'll be stalking early and hoping for more BFP's!!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 AM

Thanks for the welcomes/input/advice ladies.

After rethinking it a bit and talking w/ my hubby, we both agree we should wait til at least 12 mos to consider eliminating any nightfeedings also. Thanks for helping put it in perspective. I guess I get nervous when I see that some of you are 22 mos and still no PPAF, but I guess it's also part of letting nature take its course.

If you don't mind me joining you ladies, could you add me to Waiting to be ready?

Thanks - and good luck to the rest of you!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 AM

Hello and to all those who af has recently visited.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with cervical cysts and/or polyps? When I was checking my cervix today I noticed some bumps and figure it is a nabothian cyst or endocervical polyp. That would explain some of the spotting and small amount of bleeding after dtd that I occasionally get.

Anyway, just another thing to worry about.... Oh, and I am also still waiting to O...

goin'green, I know it can be difficult to wait for ppaf. I was 22 months pp when mine arrived and I always wanted my kids 2 to 2 1/2 years apart. Not meant for our family. I trust that things will be perfect for our family as well as yours, whatever happens. :

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 AM

: : : : : To everyone!!!!!! DOn't have time to go through and see who needs what LMBO....

My temps are looking great but I don't think I am going to temp anymore this cycle I want my 2ww to be stress free not staying up doing searches to see how many pregnancy charts look like mine LOL
Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Thanks, Elaina! I have such mixed feelings about this month, LOL! We wanted to start next month as if I DO conceive this month I will fall due basically right ON the day a family member is getting married, out of state. VERY inconveniant! But now that I think my chances this month are over...I wanna be pg. SO bad...I know we all get this way but the TWW is torture! LOL!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM

...and with that...

Can I please be moved to 2WW?

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM

well, another neg for me. damn!

how are you eastky?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 PM

sarahn4639 - SOrrry ((((((HUGS))))
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes/input/advice ladies.

After rethinking it a bit and talking w/ my hubby, we both agree we should wait til at least 12 mos to consider eliminating any nightfeedings also. Thanks for helping put it in perspective. I guess I get nervous when I see that some of you are 22 mos and still no PPAF, but I guess it's also part of letting nature take its course.

If you don't mind me joining you ladies, could you add me to Waiting to be ready?

Thanks - and good luck to the rest of you!

I wanted to offer some support too. We wanted to have our little ones closer together, but DD is now 2 and I'm not even sure I've ovulated yet. I've only had 2 wacky/long pp AF cycles. I figure it isn't meant to be yet and it's my body's way of telling me to relax and enjoy DD now

DD clearly needs to nurse a lot, and I'm ok with that.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Oh, and I tested yesterday -- I don't know why : It was neg, but today is Day 70 and I am so ready for an end to this cycle!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 PM

I didn't test this am. Felt crampy last night, so I thought I'd give it another day since AF was a few days late last cycle just to see so I don't waste a test. Other than the light cramps last night no AF symptoms are here. This is 11DPO if I o'd the same time I have been. I think I o'd early this time though because of the Vitex and the pink spotting I had around CD14.

Sarahn - Sorry about the BFN this morning. As long as AF isn't here there is still hope, but to be honest I've found it easier not to have any expectations.

to everyone else on the rollercoaster.

I do want to recommend vitex to any of you who are having long cycles, or other out of the ordinary troubles. I've noticed some changes this cycle of taking it. Definitely more EWCM, more of a drive to BD, less acne, and pink spotting mid-cycle (could signify o). This is just the first cycle on it and month 8 TTC. I have heard people say it can take up to 2 or 3 months to really take effect. I'm thinking not that long for me.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Guess what tomorrow is The day I get to turn in my heart moniter and call my doc to see if I can get cleared for TTC I think I will harass him if he dosnt clear me

Everyone that wanted to be added/moved are there

On another note Ok where do you get Vitex and how do you take it I'm ready for it
Old 04-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I started bleeding this morning I took two pregnancy tests and they came out - so I'm m/cing 5 years before I became pregnant with my daughter I had an early m/c. I'm very sad right now
We'll ttc again as soon as my body is ready. Right now I just need a break.

Good luck to everyone who are testing or testing soon : :

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 04-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I wanted to offer some support too. We wanted to have our little ones closer together, but DD is now 2 and I'm not even sure I've ovulated yet. I've only had 2 wacky/long pp AF cycles. I figure it isn't meant to be yet and it's my body's way of telling me to relax and enjoy DD now

DD clearly needs to nurse a lot, and I'm ok with that.
:
It is so hard to be patient. I try to keep it in perspective and live for now and not obsess too much about the future. I have faith that when it is meant to happen for us it will be perfect.

I have wasted so many tests just because..........well...........maybe.

Naturegirl I would go get checked out.

Sarahn those negatives are so hard to see. It is still early enough...............

eastkygal Way to be patient!

Surromommy : : good luck with your tests. I hope everything checks out ok.

I have been taking vitex for a couple of months and have not noticed anything. Of course I was very excited at first because I have heard so many success stories and expected SOMETHING. I get it at the natural foods store. I buy the liquid tincture and take 30 drops in a little water 2 times a day. I am on vitex, evening primrose oil, b complex- the supplements seem to be my new obsession. I am meeting with a naturopath tomorrow to discuss nutrition, my hormones, and supplements. I will share if I find out anything worthwhile.
Gotta go, ds is losing patience with me. I am not usually on the computer while he is up...................
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Oh Amandamarie I am so, so sorry.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

Aww, Amanda, I'm so, so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Naturegirl, when is the last time you had a pap smear? Personally, I'd go in for one if I had what you described. Of course it's probably nothing, but better to be safe.

Anthasam, the waiting is the hardest part. I think most women get their PPAF by 18 months, and if you don't by then, you can think about night weaning and such. The truth is that even if your AF came back now, it is so early that you would probably have lots of wonky cycles in which you could not conceive anyway. Usually, the later it comes back, the sooner it is normal.
I agree with everyone that 9 months is early to start cutting feedings - but who knows, in another 3 months it may be fine. I was really antsy to get TTC on the road too - when my dd was 9 months I was already itching for another (however, I am REALLY REALLY glad I did not become pregnant until just now, imagining myself already having a newborn by now is insane - what the heck was I thinking??!!) Just hang in there and enjoy your little one - I know it's hard but it really is good advice

Sarah, so sorry about the BFN But hey, there is still hope as long as AF stays away.

Eastky: I'll cross my fingers for you! You have patience of steel for not testing by now

User Tag List