TTC #1 in our 30's April Thread - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 405 Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Well, things have not gotten all that much better since DH was mad at me. A little better but we are both just kinda annoyed with each other in general, I guess. These things happen. I wonder if it's hormones somewhat... for both of us???
Oh no! I just assumed it was going to blow over quick. I just had a whole weird thing with my hubby last night.

Quote:
Not because of our relationship, but there are many times I'm not sure I want kids. Like after the presentation I went to this week on global warming! And at times when I'm enjoying my free time. Ya know? It's a very hard decision. But we have thought and talked about it a long time and decided we wanted them... I don't want to change my mind. But some days I think, if we don't get PG naturally or with a small amt of medical intervention - I don't want to go to great unnatural lengths and lots of money to do it. A lot of times I want to adopt an older child or be a foster mom instead. These kids are already born and need help. Ya know?
I've felt this way quite a bit also, and yet I've known I wanted kids since I was a kid. My mom (who had 2 of us) said she and my dad felt the same way often. The world seemed like it was so scary and they couldn't imagine bringing children into it. And I also was feeling like if it didn't happen naturally, we would only take it so far and then look at adoption...whether I would have actually done that will have to be a mystery, but I can totally understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Small update - DH and I went to dinner and a comedy show tonight and had a nice time. :-) Maybe we'll GIO tonight. !! It's been a while. Our every other day plan sure went down the tubes! But the timing was decent ("good" according to FF) so we'll see...
Whew! I'm glad you guys are headed back to normal. FF would have given you a high if you had dtd on 4/16 so you aren't that far from a "high". You could always combine the opk's with the every other day plan...every other day until you get a +opk, then go bananas til the temp shift, then back to every other day for a bit. :

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 405 Old 04-28-2007, 11:40 AM

The in-laws are here for another week. I've been lurking and reading when I have a spare minute, but haven't been posting. I decided to spring for a 1 year VIP subscription to Fertility Friend. I should have done it a long time ago. I just didn't want to admit that I might need an entire year subscription. I'm going back to lurking. I'll be back in another week after the in-laws are gone. They are arriving at our house sometime this evening and staying here until next Friday. They've been in a hotel until now.
#393 of 405 Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 AM

Welcome Aimee! I think the reasoning for the Basal is because it shows a little more accurate (97.34 vs just 97.3). Somtimes the temp differences are so small it is needed.

Happy Saturday Everyone! Hope your weekend goes well!

Judy
#394 of 405 Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Sunday morning bump -- we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far down the page!

Welcome Aimee!

More later. Hope you're all having a great weekend
#395 of 405 Old 04-29-2007, 02:19 PM

Xenon - good idea! What are we all doing??? We must be having good, busy weekends!

DH and I actually went mountain biking yesterday for the first time in years (for me). It was really fun! Since I've been going to spin class once a week since December, I am a better biker than I used to be. I made it up at least half of the hills without getting off my bike!

Well, you may have to find me in violation of the Neutrality Clause... I was neutral if not a little pessimistic until about 5 min ago! I'm 13 DPO today. Yesterday my boobs started feeling sore which usually means AF is coming. (Not really sore but heavy...) Anyway... recorded my temp this morning and did an overlay with the last 3 months matching up ovulation and coverline. And... my temp today is higher on this day than it's ever been. Dang it! Now I'm feeling hopeful!

I took tomorrow off and it's going to drive me a little crazy not knowing! Ahh well... I'll look for my neutrality again... might be around here somewhere... maybe if I tidy up the house I'll be able to find it...

Cowsrock - thanks for your concern about DH and I. And for sharing your babymaking thoughts too.. I'm glad you don't have to wonder what you would have done if you didn't get PG! And I hope everything is ok with you and your DH. I guess ttc and being PG and having kids are all stressors on a relationship. We can handle it tho!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope it's a great day where you are. Gonna be 78 and partly cloudy here in socal. We'll be working on the kitchen trim. And laundry and picking up the house. I don't mind the work. I'm in a really good mood!
#396 of 405 Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 PM

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We’ve been super busy with spring yard work and bbq-ing and what not. I am loving the beauuuutiful weather. And I love weekends. I wish they were about 3 days longer.

Aimee!
I grew up in Philly also, and currently live not too far away.

Kharen, I had no idea! Several of my siblings and friends also went to Temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat
I'm glad you love your Prius! I wanted one so bad but when my car died a few years ago I needed a new one right away and there was a 9 month waiting period for a Prius!!! So... I got a Civic Hybrid! It's cool but not as cool as the Prius. I get about 40 mpg in a mix of city/highway driving. What do you get with your Prius?
That’s awesome, the civic hybrid looks pretty nice. We heard about the waiting list (although our neighbor had bought one a few years ago with no wait…), so we were considering other cars. But according to the salesmen, they increased their inventory last summer when gas prices were rising. Then when gas prices levelled off, apparently the demand wasn’t as high (silly consumers ), so they had a surplus. And they are also making more, of course. Which means that the resale value won’t be as high. (people were selling used ones for more than the price of new!) But we’re going to have this car for 20 years, so I shouldn’t worry much about that.

Jen - :!!!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#397 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

We just moved to Philly last year and bought our first house. Yay!
I am originally from Alabama, and my DH is from Kansas. We lived in NYC for 6 years prior to moving here. We are really enjoying the city and the "new" house. I say "new" because it is new to us--it is around 90 years old.

I am about to head to the drugstore to purchase a BT, and maybe a few pregnancy tests. I have never TTC before, so should I hold off before bulking up on tests? No one in my family has waited this long to TTC, so I have no idea how long this will take.

The weekend was beautiful, so I am not looking forward to being cooped up in the library.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#398 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Wow, it really has been slow here! I have the day off so I can do whatever I want today! So naturally, MDC is the first thing I'm doing!

Aimee - I bought one PG test in December when we first started trying and I still have it! Some people like to test and some like to wait til they're late before testing. (I haven't been late yet...) I'm a waiter. When AF is finally late, that's when I'll test.

I have gone through a fair number of OPK's, however, I would usually use 3-4 per month. This past month I didn't use them b/c my cycle is pretty consistent. I'm not sure I need to waste my money on them anymore.

Well gals, my temp took a SERIOUS DIVE this morning. : It's now below the coverline. Guess AF will probably be following... That sucks...

At least we have a dr appt on May 11 (during my next fertile time). I hope they have something helpful to offer... it's been 6 cycles now...
#399 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Aimee!! I grew up near Philly - lil city called Chester (that I'm sure you've seen the signs for). If you aren't a vegetarian, have a cheesesteak for me, eh?
And as far as the tests... welll - it depends. I was actually suprised by how POAScrazy I've gotten - I have two 'good' tests (First Response Early Response Digitals) that I've been saving for the 'right' time. I also have (had) 30 IC (internet cheapies) HPTS, and 21 Answer OPK's. I went through most of the OPK's last cycle, and between giving them away, and testing obsessively over the last two/three cycles, I'm down to about 5 or 6 HPTS. I went onto ebay, and got 30 OPK's and 20 HPT's for 18 bucks.

Hi, I'm Kiya, and I'm addicted to peeing into cups!

Jen - oh, BOOO! I was chart stalking, and I saw that drop - sucks!! Hopefully the docs will have something useful - has DH been checked?

Where IS everyone?? I hope ya'll had a good weekend - we had fun working on the kitchen (almost done, almost done!!!) and grilling, and generally enjoying the time off and the GORGEOUS weather. I'll be back to check on ya'll laters....

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#400 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Hey, everyone!

Just stopping in for a quick "howdy"!

Aimee, I had one test laying around (a First Response Early Result) last cycle, and when that was positive, I actually ended up buying 9 more : to confirm that I was actually pregnant. I was in a bit of denial! My plan was to have one or two good tests around each cycle because I knew I would get obsessive with testing if I had cheapies around. Actually, a friend of mine who had just conceived gave me the rest of her internet cheapies months ago, and I ended up burning through them in the days leading up to AF before we even started TTC!

Jen, oh dang it. I was hoping that temp would keep rising. Ugh. I'm sorry, sweetie. I hope the doc has some insights when you see him/her in a few weeks.

Kiya and Christina, you grew up in the Philly area too? How funny! I'm originally from Horsham (town near Willow Grove, if you're more familiar with that town). My family is scattered throughout Montgomery and Bucks counties right now. We just moved to Georgia from Penn State's main campus in August.

Looks like we have a bunch of ladies gearing up to "trip the LH fantastic" sometime soon. Ready ... set ... bed!

Xenon, your temps are laddering up quite nicely! Very pretty!

I'm good. Nothing too exciting to report ... well accept that apparently my baby's arm and leg buds are turning into flippers this week! Flippers!

I hope everyone is doing well. I think about you guys all the time.

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#401 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 04:55 PM

Happy last day of April, everyone! And happy last day of the April TTC #1 in our 30s thread... thanks again to Kemi for being a great hostess this month.

Michelle, ugh, I really hope it doesn't come to a D&C. Sending positive, healing vibes your way.

Karen, good luck with the week of in-laws! Should make the fertile window interesting this month...

Jen, boo for your temperature drop today But way to go on the mountain biking. It sounds like you had an awesome time.

Quote:
Xenon - sorry about the frustration with the testing situation. When is your appt with the dr? I hope they have some helpful things to say. Please share if you feel so inclined. I'm curious to know what to expect when DH and I go on May 11. I love the "neutrality clause!" You are quite witty too! Thanks! So are you moving to socal (southern california)?
The appointment is one of the last days of May, although I forget exactly which one right now. I'm not actually feeling all that frustrated about the tests being put off... on one level, it's irksome, but on another level, I'm not all that crazy about doctors, or being told that there's something wrong with me Hence, I am actually rather neutral about the testing.

As for the moving -- no, not SoCal. Think about 1300 miles (and an international border) north!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Hi, I'm Kiya, and I'm addicted to peeing into cups!
I am in awe of your prolific pee testing! Internet cheapies make it so easy, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharen View Post
Xenon, your temps are laddering up quite nicely! Very pretty!
Why thank you : Congratulations on flippers! You'll have a swimmer in there in no time at all.

And, just because it hasn't been done for a long time, I'll depart with a movie quote* (sorry, it's not an 80s movie... but it's a good one...)

Quote:
Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?
Lawrence: No. No, man. [Heck], no, man. I believe you'd get your [arse] kicked sayin' something like that, man.
*square brackets enclose words changed to keep this quote family-friendly
#402 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Everybody!

Jen: I'm sorry to hear that AF caught you. Please take the time to be good to yourself.

Aimee: I hope that your stay here is short and sweet.

Well today is the last day of April. Your new thread host will be Christina! It has been an exciting month. I got to move three people to the graduates list, one a former threadkeeper. Hopefully the threadkeeper's luck will be with me as I go on to continue with trying to conceive. I do apologize for being a bit MIA lately. I really need some time to myself so that I'm not looking at this so negatively. I had some energy work done and will be continuing with the Network Chiropractic work. It's really help me release some of the pent up emotions and stresses from childhood. I'll be around and may post here and there, but I'm really going to do my own thing now. That and I'm also busy helping mothers breastfeed. It's going great. I also need some time to feel better and continue to feel better. I'm going to be mostly in lurk mode for a while and I'll let you know how I'm doing. It has been a pleasure being your threadkeeper and all the best of luck to the graduates and lots of hugs to those of us still trying to conceive.

xoxo,

Kemi

P.S. We're looking for a June threadkeeper since Kharen has graduated. Please step on up! It's really not hard at all.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#403 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Office Space!!! Love that film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon
As for the moving -- no, not SoCal. Think about 1300 miles (and an international border) north!
Ah, what a beautiful place to live. Our friends just moved to the States-side of that border (this past weekend!). I can’t wait to visit them.

Wow, I’m amazed that so many of us are Philly girls. Or, well, Delaware Valley women. I grew up in the far NE, almost on the Bensalem border, but I went to school downtown, so I got to take Septa all over the place .

Aimee, congrats on the house. We are trying to transition from NYC (where we work now) to Philly soon too.

Jen, I’m sorry to hear your temp dropped.

I forgot to answer your question before re: mpg. We are getting a solid 45-46 mpg now. It seems to be slowly getting better as the weather heats up. It seems to do best in the 25-45 mph range, but I think the majority of our driving is highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjad29
I'm also busy helping mothers breastfeed.
That is so wonderful!:

Kemi, take care

I’ll post the new thread sometime tonight.

#404 of 405 Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Office Space!!! Love that film.
DingDingDingDingDingDingDingDingDingDing! Winner!

If I'm mopey or churlish on a Monday, DH will, without fail, accuse me of "having a case of the Mondays."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
I'll be around and may post here and there, but I'm really going to do my own thing now. That and I'm also busy helping mothers breastfeed. It's going great. I also need some time to feel better and continue to feel better. I'm going to be mostly in lurk mode for a while and I'll let you know how I'm doing.
All the best, Kemi. I'm so glad that your internship is going so well -- you're doing a wonderful thing, and I'm sure that wonderful things are going to continue to happen for you!
#405 of 405 Old 05-01-2007, 12:20 AM

The May thread is up.....Come on over!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page