FiberLover (Michelle) age 31 : Mar 2007 April 2007
Grace24 age 36 Mar 2007
Hezzy (Heather) age 33 Mar 2007
CowsRock (Kripa) age 33,: April 2007
Christine1977 age 30 : April 2007
Kharen (Karen) age 32 : April 2007

May threadkeeper: cking (Christina)
June threadkeeper: Kharen (Karen)

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#2 of 405 Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the TTC #1 in our 30's April Thread!!!! I do hope that I'm as good a threadkeeper as our previous ones have been. Maybe I'll even be able to move some of us over to the Graduates section! : We are looking for threadkeepers for May and June as well so please step up ladies!!! It really isn't as hard as you think. Even I was able to set this up! Me! I decided to get this started early because I'm basically early or on time for most things. All the best of luck and baby dust to us all this month.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#3 of 405 Old 03-31-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Just bumping this up. I wouldn't want for you all to think that I forgot that this is my month and really the thread is buried under a bunch of other threads.

#4 of 405 Old 03-31-2007, 11:32 PM

yay for spring! everything is so alive!

today is cd1 for me. i wasn't surprised to find af at my door today, but it was nice to have her come with out the cramps! hopefully i'm not speaking too soon... i made some changes in my diet, took chinese herbs, and worked a few accupressure points throughout the month. good stuff!

good luck to everyone this month!

rain
#5 of 405 Old 03-31-2007, 11:46 PM

Rain for AF showing up, but yay for the lack of cramps.

Thanks for the new thread Kemi, looks great!

I can't believe it is April already...or almost April anyway. I'm off to bed.

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#6 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 03:09 AM

Happy April everyone (Although I still have 53 minutes til April here in the Pacific Time zone...) : Kemi - thanks for getting the new thread started!

Rain - Sounds like you have a good mindset tho. Good for you.
#7 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
I decided to get this started early because I'm basically early or on time for most things.
Oooh, I could use a dose of that! The thread looks great, Kemi! Thanks for taking over

Rain, to you. I'm glad there's a bright side, and that your dietary/herbal/accupressure changes have made a difference.

Jen, how are the windows coming? It must be so nice to have windows after living with Tyvek!

So let's get this party started! Here's to a month full of BFPs!
#8 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
The last 2 days though when he heard it beep he mumbled what does it say and when I told him he fist pumped the air like he was the champ.
I meant to respond to this yesterday...that is so funny. I hope you had a good time at the wedding yesterday.

We are looking at a rainy day here today. I'm hoping to get in a walk with the dog before the rain arrives though.

#9 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Kemi thanks for hosting the new thread - looks great!

Rain sorry AF showed up.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#10 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Hey, ladies!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kemi!

Rain, but I'm glad you've found a way to stave off those pesky cramps. Sounds like you're making some changes that will benefit you in many ways.

Reintroduction: At long last, I am coming back to OFFICIALLY join you this month! I had poked my head in last month before we had actually started to TTC. But now AF is done and over with, and in a few days we'll try to get one little tiny halfling to try to meet up with another tiny halfling!

I hope everyone is doing well and that we're able to celebrate lots of BFPs this month!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#11 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everybody!!!

Things are going great! It's a beautiful day out with temps in the high 50's! (Hey I live in Vermont so this is a very warm day after the below freezing temps of last month!)

Rain: for AF showing up. But yay for no cramps! Here's to day 1 of your 40 weeks!

Kharen: to the world of ttc! It can be either long or short, stressful at times, and joyous when you get your BFP. It's all worth it! I hope your stay is very short and sweet.

Kripa: I know this is late, but I'm very happy to hear that things are all good hormone wise and that your blood tests came back ay okay! That just means that it's only a matter of time until you and your drummer boy have your own little one! Hooray!!!

As for me, my DH and I have settled on our plan for the month. I'm just going with the flow at this point and I'm feeling great because of all the beautiful spring weather and sunshine. It really helps my mood. I'll try to keep up with you all. Have a very Happy Sunday and Happy April!!!!

#12 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the re-welcome, Kemi!

I think you're right about the advent of spring bringing out the best in all of us. Your post made me smile! (kind of brings back memories of that Katrina and the Waves song! Anyone remember that?)

I have a confession/question ...

The fact that we're starting to TTC is all very surreal. We've been avoiding for six years (as a married couple) while DH finished grad school, so maybe it's a bit normal to be a bit freaked out? Old habits die hard and such? Don't get me wrong, I have wanted a baby for a LONG time; I have been dreaming of the day we could TTC.

But was anyone else a bit nervous during their TTC transition?

I'm just not going to think about it ... and we're just going to relax and have fun. But I'd love to know that I'm not alone.

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#13 of 405 Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Karen - I know exactly what you mean about being freaked out when first ttc! We actually started backplanning two years from when we wanted a baby to be born. So a year before ttc we had a pre-conception consultation. Then, about 6 months before ttc I went off the pill and we used condoms for a while. That was the scariest part - it felt very real. You try for 15-20 years REALLY HARD to NOT GET PG and then suddenly... you want it. Now, almost 5 months after starting to ttc, it's threatening to take over my life. : How quickly things can change.

Enjoy the excitement of it all!
#14 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharen View Post
I have a confession/question ...

The fact that we're starting to TTC is all very surreal. We've been avoiding for six years (as a married couple) while DH finished grad school, so maybe it's a bit normal to be a bit freaked out? Old habits die hard and such? Don't get me wrong, I have wanted a baby for a LONG time; I have been dreaming of the day we could TTC.

I'm just not going to think about it ... and we're just going to relax and have fun. But I'd love to know that I'm not alone.
Oh Karen, it felt very surreal the first time we DTD with no protection. After 15 years of ALWAYS using protection (sometimes double protection...condoms and the pill!) I just KNEW I was going to be instantly pregnant ('cause, you know, that's what they said would happen in sex sex ed). I think DH was even more freaked out than me. We actually only DTD once unprotected our first month TTC (it was a well timed shot and I think it freaked us both out). However, I did NOT become pregnant that first month and it then became MUCH easier to have unprotected baby making sex. I actually found it to be quite a turn-on thinking about how DH could be impregnanting me (TMI, I know).

Good luck, BTW, on your first official month of TTC!!!
#15 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 01:02 AM

Ok, I'm technologically challenged so I'm posting these photos one at a time. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to share multiple photos with one link? I'm proud that I even figured out how to use Photobucket at all! (That's where these photos live...)

So, while the windows are officially hanging and the tyvex is officially gone, there is still work to do. So... this is an intermediate stage... But... here is the work we did this weekend:

Here is the kitchen window BEFORE:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...s/DSC04915.jpg

kitchen window AFTER:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...s/DSC04922.jpg

laundry room window BEFORE:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...s/DSC04919.jpg

laundry room window AFTER:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...s/DSC04926.jpg

Not the greatest photos but you get the picture! The next steps are my DH will make window sills for both and then we will install the window sills and trim on both the inside and outside of the house. THAT will make a HUGE difference. And eventually, of course, we'll have switchplates on the switches and plugs and a tile backsplash. One thing at a time...

Hope everyone else had a satisfying weekend too! Kept my mind off the 2ww!
#16 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Kemi - I forgot to thank you for hosting this months thread! I really hope you get to move yourself this month. : for you!!!
#17 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
So, while the windows are officially hanging and the tyvex is officially gone, there is still work to do. So... this is an intermediate stage... But... here is the work we did this weekend:
That is very cool. So do the windows open using those hanging pulley handle things? I like the iron looking work on the laundry room one. I'd say it was a successful weekend.

#18 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 AM

So who is in their 2ww? Xenon, Jen and Sarah...is there anyone else?

#19 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 07:05 AM

Good morning

Kemi thanks for the new thread, I hope you get to move lots of us this month :

Karen yes, it was a huge transition for us switching from avoiding to actually trying, and who knew after all that avoiding that it wouldn't be as easy as we thought. I doubt I'll ever go back on bc pills after this, it took too long to get sorted out after I went off them last year.

Jen wow! That's a lot of work, it's looking great you must be very satisfied to see it nearly complete.

Ah the 2ww. Now that it's almost week 2 of it I'm feeling the crazies starting. Since I know what symptoms I had when I got pregnant in the fall I'll be looking for every little pinch poke hint of nausea and temp rise or fall. I'm so not complaining though, it's been a loooooong wait to get here again.

Have a great day ladies and Hi to everyone I missed.
#20 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Oh, I also have to confess that I had a birthday yesterday so I guess I should be changed to 36 on the members list. Ack how does that even happen!
#21 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Oh, I also have to confess that I had a birthday yesterday so I guess I should be changed to 36 on the members list. Ack how does that even happen!
: Happy Birthday Sarah!

#22 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Well so far I am not enjoying this adrenal stress index test thingy. First you rinse your mouth with very cold water for 3-5 minutes, so I'm freezing now. I'm one of those people that drink room temperature or cool water. Then you stick a thick cotton roll under your tongue for 2-5 minutes and it doesn't taste bad, but it is a really uncomfortable feeling...not gross just weird. And I get to do it three more times today. : The things we do to make sure all is well. Seeing the big picture, seeing the big picture...

#23 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Oops, I was wondering why everyone was so quiet….I forgot to check for the new thread!
Thanks Kemi! I wouldn’t mind keeping the thread in May or June.

Rain, sorry to hear AF showed up.

Quote:
At long last, I am coming back to OFFICIALLY join you this month!

An official . Yes, I was totally agonizing over the decision to start ttc. We ‘successfully’ avoided for four years, so it was quite an adjustment. Good luck!!!

Sarah your chart looks great! : for you! And Happy Birthday!

Jencat, way to go on all the home improvement work! DH and I finished up one of our projects this weekend too – we put in a tile backsplash in the kitchen. I am totally impressed with how good it looks (since dh did most of the hard work). And so glad to be done with it.

Eta: I’m reading along with the new thread as I type, so I just saw that you posted photos. Oh, but I can’t see them at work…gah....I’ll have to check tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Kemi, Christina, Cattiebrie[/B] - you've all been kinda quiet lately, I hope everything's ok.
Thanks for asking, Dee. Last week was a little rough – for some reason I’ve taken it harder this month than the others. Maybe because we passed a sort of milestone – trying 9 months/6 cycles. I’m doing a little better now though – trying to hold onto hope.

I’ve also been trying to sort through our vacation photos – I should have some posted soon.

Kripa, that test sounds sucky. You're right though, the big picture is what matters – you can do it!

eta: oh, and I bought a Clear Blue fertility monitor last week...I got a good deal on ebay, and it arrived just in time. (you are supposed to start no later than CD5.....it arrived on cd4. ) DH is getting a kick out of it - he likes the idea that the machine will tell us when to GIO. (as if he needed another reason). But so far, it's only reading "Low" so he's not so happy with it.

I'm wondering if it's possible that I'm not Oing, even though I have a clear temp shift and CM every month. Guess we'll find out.....

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#24 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 AM

: : :
: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!! :
: : :

I won't make any April Fools jokes because I am sure you've heard enough of them in your 36 years I do have to say your parents must have had quite the time trying to convince everyone your arrival was real

Welcome to Week 2 of the TWW. I was always fine until Week 2, then I became a true crazy person. We are all here for you no matter how : you get!
#25 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everybody! Happy Monday! (I know that sounds a bit contradictory for most putting both in the same fragmented sentence, but I do hope your Monday is happy. ) Things are going pretty well on this end. Jeff is at work, I'm at home doing home stuff like paying bills and doing the never ending mountain of laundry that seems to always be there on Mondays. I'm also going to do a little studying and looking for mentors to continue my internship. I thought it would be easy here, but alas, it isn't.

SarahJen: : I've changed your age on the front page! I hope that this year or rather this month brings you much happiness in the form of a little boy or girl!

Jencat: You did a wonderful job on the windows! I think they're really pretty and definitely the sort that I'd love to have in my own home. It's very artistic looking. I love the pulleys.

Kripa: Good luck on the adrenal test! There is a light at the end of this. This is all being done for the best reason possible.

Emily: Thanks for the well wishes. It would be unbelievable to move myself to the graduates list, but I'll just be happy this month moving everybody else.

Kharen: Yes I do understand it feeling a bit surreal at first trying to conceive. DH and I were only married for about 9 months before we decided that we wanted to have children sooner than 2 years after marriage. The original plan was to wait until we were married for 2 years before we even tried to conceive. Then I started working as an LC in training and seeing babies every day and studying for doula certification and reading a LOT and discovering MDC and Mothering Magazine. Then I realized that I wanted to have children sooner and ran it by DH. He was feeling the same way, but thought that I wanted to wait and I thought he wanted to wait. Also I was on the pill for about 10 months when I went for my well woman care with my midwife at the time and she saw that my uterus was a bit larger than normal. Like 6 weeks along. Then I thought for a second that I could be pregnant on accident (oh rapture! ). Alas, I was not, but decided that I didn't want to be on the pill anymore because it was effecting my sex drive and when I read what it really did, I just couldn't do it so I stopped.

Then DH and I started trying to conceive after I stopped the pill and thought we would get pregnant right away. We didn't. So all the stuff that I was taught in sex-ed was not true. You don't get pregnant right away really. It takes time and effort. So here we are now, months later and still trying. Our timing has been off more months than not and our efforts are getting better now. So yeah, it's strange at first, but when you realize that it's going to take more than just the one incident of unprotected sex that sex-ed tells you about to get pregnant, then you get over it real quick. That's just been my experience. You on the other hand may have a completely different one. I wish for you to get pregnant and move on to a DDC this month! :

#26 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Happy Monday indeed, Kemi! I'm actually having a great day -- after meeting two deadlines yesterday, I'm relaxing. DH is home from work too, and we're just chilling out. So nice, and so necessary after a crazy weekend of work.

Sarah, Happy Birthday! Your chart is looking sweet.

Jen, those windows are absolutely gorgeous. Wood-framed windows are so beautiful. And your temperature bounce today was pretty nice, too!

Kripa, that adrenal test sounds pretty miserable. It is really cool that your doctor has taken such an interest in helping you figure yourself out, though.

Kharen, welcome back -- here's hoping for a short and sweet stay! Our first babymaking sex was a little disquieting, but it rapidly evolved into the new reality, and now I can barely recall doing it any other way!

Christina, I can't wait to see those vacation photos And it's nice to see you posting again
#27 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone, for your feedback re: being a bit freaked out! I can’t tell you how much better that made me feel to know I am not alone. I guess it is a very natural reaction. I think I will just relish the closeness--physical, emotional, spiritual--with my husband this month and not overthink it.

Sarah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! May your festivities be merry and distract you from any 2ww anxiety. Fingers crossed for you!

Jen, the windows look fantastic! You were very industrious this weekend. I’m impressed! (I am extremely jealous of your rockin’ washer and dryer!)

Christina, I’d love to see your pics. Where did you go? “DH is getting a kick out of it - he likes the idea that the machine will tell us when to GIO.” At the very least, I guess this new automated buddy will make for a novel experience this month. Here’s hoping for a “high” reading very soon! (I don’t know too much about the machines, but I would think that your monthly temp shift would be testament that you are, in fact, ovulating.)

Kripa (love the new screen name, by the way!), what is that test you’re taking? I’ve never heard of it. It sounds … interesting. I hope it brings you some answers. Good luck with it!

Kemi, what type of internship are your doing? (Sorry to be so behind and make everyone repeat themselves.) My day yesterday was filled with laundry and bill-paying, as well. Seems to be the hip thing to do right now.

Xenon, congrats on hitting two deadlines. Woo hoo! There’s no relaxation quite like post-deadline relaxation.

I'm so happy to be here finally! I wish I could have figured out some way to bring some virtual baked goods into the thread to thank you all.

#28 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Just a quick note to say the adrenal test is going much better now. I think what really bugged me this morning was that it was already chilly and then rinsing with the cold, cold water made me freezing. Now that it is warmer outside, it is warmer inside and I didn't feel as cold this time. The cotton roll under my tongue was still not particularly pleasant, but nothing like that first tactile experience. So while it certainly isn't fun, it is going better now. I'll be glad when this day is done though. Between scheduling the two opk tests (and limiting fluids before those) and the four saliva tests (and limiting food before those and types of food/drink all day) I'm a bit too in tune with my body today. Just two more to go...one in the early evening and one around midnight. I'm in bed by 10 usually so not sure how I'll swing the midnight. I can do it as early as 11 so I will probably just stay up late. Clearly I need hubby to make popcorn tonight! My popcorn excuses get pretty flimsy, but today I think I'm earning it.

I'm going to squeeze in a walk with the pooch between meetings, if I can manage to get her lazy tail off the couch.

#29 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Kripa (love the new screen name, by the way!), what is that test you’re taking? I’ve never heard of it. It sounds … interesting. I hope it brings you some answers. Good luck with it!
It is testing my adrenal function. I don't think I could give an accurate description of any of it, so if you are curious here is an article.

I missed my dog walking window We'll just have to go after this next meeting. I decided I needed food more than air.

#30 of 405 Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
[B]Kemi, what type of internship are your doing?
I'm studying to become a lactation consultant (IBCLC). I started last year and spent over 6 months at an internship in Northern VA with a private practice LC who was awesome! In order to sit for the exam, I need 2500 contact hours with mothers and babies in many different situations. Boy have I seen some stuff! From the first time mother trying to get her latch, to researching the protocol for induced lactation for adopted and surrogate babies, on to women who have had breast reductions or augmentation trying to breastfeed and everything in between. I love this job and it's been a great pleasure serving mothers and babies as a unit. So there is my passion, birth and breastfeeding. I've decided to make a career of it without becoming a midwife (though I am contemplating that for the future after the kids get older). Thanks for asking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page