How do I find my cervix??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried coughing last night, but still no dice. AF just left the building a couple days ago, so I thought this would be the best time to find my cervix. But is it possible that it's already high in preparation for ovulation? I'm on CD 10 and I don't usually ovulate til CD 20-22.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#32 of 41 Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
In this past month of exploration, I've learned that the only time I think I can feel my cervix is when it is at it's lowest point - right around the time I'm hanging out with AF. It's much much smaller than I expected. It feels like a little nub...like not much bigger than the tip of my finger. For some reason I thought it'd be much bigger. Like penis-head sized.

Did I feel the right thing? Is a baby really supposed to pass through that???!!? : I'm not convinced I found the right thing.

I still can't believe how clueless and out-of-touch with my body I am.
Sounds like you found it!

I can't find my cervix if I'm sitting on the toilet or squatting. The best way for me is to stand and put one leg up on the toilet, and uh, go spelunking

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#33 of 41 Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 AM

hey what if you try using a speculum (they sell the plastic ones online for cheap) and trying to SEE it first? also you need a mirror. as i read this thread i thought that could help you know what you are feeling...
i've looked with a speculum before and it is kind of cool getting the view your doc has

p.s. then remove the speculum before you go looking for it again with your fingers!!
#34 of 41 Old 05-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
I can't find my cervix if I'm sitting on the toilet or squatting. The best way for me is to stand and put one leg up on the toilet, and uh, go spelunking
I'll try that tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takasmom View Post
hey what if you try using a speculum (they sell the plastic ones online for cheap) and trying to SEE it first? also you need a mirror. as i read this thread i thought that could help you know what you are feeling...
i've looked with a speculum before and it is kind of cool getting the view your doc has

p.s. then remove the speculum before you go looking for it again with your fingers!!
Cool idea! I'll try that next if standing doesn't help...

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#35 of 41 Old 05-18-2007, 06:36 PM

I always use my index finger. It seems to be able to get in further because of the space between it and the thumb. I always squat and depending on cd I might have to bear down as well.
#36 of 41 Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Here's another thing in addition to the bearing down that I had to do to find my cervix. I had to really explore all the "corners" down there! For me, putting my finger straight in wasn't doing the trick. I have to put it in as far as it will go, then move my finger to my left and press back toward my bottom. It actually feels like my cervix is off center!

And it doesn't feel completely round, more torpedo shaped (man what a funny image that is!) and very smooth and slippery as well!

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#37 of 41 Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 AM

I just tried finding my cervix. (39 weeks pregnant) I squatted and allowed my finger to follow the inside of my vagina naturally and when I reached the end I could feel babies head..but didnt feel a mound ..it just felt soft and squishy, and then her head. advice?
#38 of 41 Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM

StephanieSelf, I'm no doctor, but maybe you're feeling her head because you're already somewhat dilated?

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#39 of 41 Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I haven't read the other replies so I may be repeating but go into the bathroom...Put one foot up on the toilet seat...Insert you 2 fingers reaching kind of up and then back..cough...it will bring your cervix down...then you should feel it....

#40 of 41 Old 11-17-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
smaller than I expected. It feels like a little nub...like not much bigger than the tip of my finger. For some reason I thought it'd be much bigger. Like penis-head sized.

Did I feel the right thing? Is a baby really supposed to pass through that???!!? : I'm not convinced I found the right thing.

^^^this was AWESOME!  

this thread was way too much fun.  all the spelunking ladies!

i usually use 2 fingers (index and middle) and pinch gently to get a good mucus read on my cervix.  it's sometimes high, sometimes low, but i can't imgine i'd find it standing up!  bearing down while sitting on the toilet is the way i've found it.  i didn't ever feel my cervix before giving birth to 3 kids, so don't know what a finger-sized one feels like, but since my 5 babies cervix is fully nose sized (sometimes w/ a fat lip, or perhaps, penis-head sized) i can imagine the unopened one is the tip of a finger.  

i use my cervical position readings to confirm mucus readings. 

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#41 of 41 Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I used to think that my cervix was about three inches across before I found it. lol.gif When you're not near ovulation, it will be lower and more tip-of-nose consistency. Around ovulation, it ill be higher and much softer, about lip-consistency. When I'm at peak fertility, I have to put my entire finger in and then can still barely reach it and barely tell where the vaginal walls end and the cervix begins because they all feel about the same. But right after ovulation, I'll stick my finger in only about halfway and then suddenly bump into it, and it's much firmer.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page