Could it have been the right time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-12-2003, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dh and I are not officially TTC right now, although I would love to be. We will be moving cross-country in 2 weeks, have both just quit our jobs and haven't found new ones yet, will be moving in with my parents for a year to save $ (assuming one of us finds employment during that time to earn some money) etc. So, dh feels it's not a good time to TTC right now. I argue counter to that, and have been trying to persuade him that I'm right, but anyway...We have a 2.75 year old ds, whom we conceived on the very first try. Of course, since he just weaned, my cycle is first getting back to something resembling "normal" for me. Although it was weird while I nursed, it was still every 28-29 days (but a lot of clots), and the past three months since weaning, it has been 28ish days as well. On Tuesday night, though I "warned" dh that it could be a fertile time for me, he decided last minute to forgo the condom, and now I'm hoping it was a good time to conceive. I didn't have any detectable ewcm (that came for me the very next day) but I did have some watery cm that day. I estimate that my O day will be Friday, so 3 days after BD. At the latest, I should O on Saturday, so 4 days after. I don't think I can convince dh to BD tonight, but I know that would probably be opportune. (He wasn't at all upset after we did it on Tuesday, even knowing the possible result.) So...those who know a whole lot more about fertility than I, what are my chances of having conceived during that one time only?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-12-2003, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well - I'd say your chances were reasonable. And if you put in any stock in the 'methods' of trying to choose a baby's sex, if you did conceive, it would give you a fairly good chance of having a baby girl...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page