TTC#1 in our 30's May Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just going to quickly respond to the lost library book situation. Often the reason that a library book costs more than a regular book is the time it takes to process the book. It has to be entered back into the system, yada, yada, yada. Some libraries do NOT accept replacement copies; often because the book isn't the same edition, or whatever. I know that my library WILL accept a replacement copy, which is great for patrons because they can often get the book at a discounted price at B&N or Amazon.com.
Just explain the situation to your librarian, and see what your options are. Also, most librarians are willing to accept several payments over time, or even let you volunteer to work it off. Believe me, many patrons never even bother explaining what happened; they just never come back. We don't want that!

Sorry, but I had to respond as a librarian.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 11:06 AM

Hello all! My temp was up again this morning, the highest its ever been! Whoot! I'm trying not to get too excited as this is the first month i've been temping, so this could be "normal" for me. I even resisted the urge to test this morning! (i impressed myself with that! Wow.)

I've been really irritable the last couple of days, I even told DH to "shut up" last night when he was teasing me--that is really out of character for me. He was shocked! : that it isn't just really bad PMS.
#183 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Woohoo Judy, your chart looks great! Let me just say that I think it would be rare for a 'normal' cycle to have your temp rise that much at 12 dpo. I'm just sayin'. (It would either stay steady or start to fall by then)

Thanks, Aimee, it's good to have your input. The book just came out last year, so there is only one edition so far, I think. But I will try to ask them first, if the book doesn't show up.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#184 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Sarah, I just wanted to give you my late CONGRATULATIONS!

Judy, I am new to this charting-thing, but after looking at yours I am excited for you.

Sorry about my late night librarian-spiel!

Today is a very important day in Philly - Election Day (primary). I voted this morning. It is so strange, but the primary seems to be more important here, at least for the mayoral seat. I don't think Philly has had a Republican mayor since the 40s.

Happy Tuesday!

#185 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Judy - that chart is VERY beautiful! : : :
#186 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybama View Post
Today is a very important day in Philly - Election Day (primary). I voted this morning. It is so strange, but the primary seems to be more important here, at least for the mayoral seat. I don't think Philly has had a Republican mayor since the 40s.
Wow, you're right about the Rep mayors - I never realized that. Funny tho - before that it was nothing but Republicans for nearly 100 years.

for voting already. I should be paying closer attention to that election.

#187 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Judy and Jencat -- I am totally stalking both of your charts and they are beautiful! I'm crossing my fingers and my toes for you!!
#188 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Doing a little chart stalking and I HAD to come post and say to Kemi - you go girl! Keep up the excellent BDing, you are in it to win this month
Thanks Emily!!! Yeah, we really wanted to make sure that we put the absolute best effort into this month. DH was a total champ! FF just gave me crosshairs, but I think I really ovulated between CD18 and 19 and not on CD17, but oh well. I still had a high, mushy cervix yesterday and still had some semi wet CM so we decided to continue to go for it. Now that we've put the effort in, it's out of our hands now. I'm going to make sure I do my relaxation every day from now on so that I stay neutral and happy. Thanks for the shout out!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#189 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM

Can I just say, SO MANY pretty, pretty charts! I'm trying my best to be neutral...but.....WOW!

Christina, I think the buying a new copy for the library yourself is a good idea, then you can just pay the processing fee maybe? Or you could ask them what would be better, it might work out to the same price in the end.

Me, just being me here. Feeling more "normal" every day, and actually feeling more like myself again.

I think based on what I've read and what my mw told me, there is a good chance I won't ovulate til after AF comes for the first time again. So, charting will help me know if there even is a 2ww! I'm hoping that AF comes by the end of the month. I'm hoping that by June, my body is cycling normally again, and we can look forward to a normal 2ww again.

Oh, and no llama pics today, how about baby chickens?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19675535@N00/499659979/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19675535@N00/499660017/

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#190 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Kemi, for crosshairs! And that high temp today!

Michelle, those baby chickens! Oh my, so adorable! :

Yes, I think I'll get the book myself. It is always must cheaper than list price from Amazon.

#191 of 362 Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Oooh, baby chickies!!!

Judy!!! WOW!! I'm DEDICEDLY neutral for you, I am.

Yay! For crosshairs and great BD timing Kemi!

Aimee - I'm SOOO horrible with taking books back on time, and the guilt just eats at me. I always pay my fines cheerfully though, as I consider them a righteous donation.

I think I'm out - I've had so many mood swings today - from chipper, to weepy, to madly wanting to stab out the eyes of coworkers (and the violent, no-tolerance-for-stupidity is a classic PMS sign for me) and my temp has just been going down, down, down. *sigh* OF course, I COULD be wrong, and this is the start of nine months of insane, hormonally related mood swings, but... *sigh*

At least I have a Keeper. Going camping without it - *shudder* would be ever so unpleasant.

And it's WEIRD - everytime (for the last three times) that I've been camping/with this group of women - I've been on my period! How odd is that?

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#192 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 02:11 AM

Evenin' ladies!

Emily - Thank you so much for the information about why you chose to have a midwife instead of a ob/gyn. I like your reasons. I don't know my ob/gyn very well yet or know what I want from labor (when I finally get there someday!) so I guess I'm not ready to decide yet. I'm hoping my ob/gyn will support my decisions but I can see how labor would put you in a lessened state of energy to refuse treatments/procedures. I do think/hope that a doula could help me with that. I wish I could say my DH could do that but I'm not sure if he'll be able to be present during labor/delivery - he gets VERY quesy in a medical environment - even at the vet!

Anyway, thanks for the information. I'll definitely look into this when I get PG.

Sarah - how are you feeling?? Have you told anyone yet? You have so many cute stories about your DH - how is he acting/feeling?? (I can just see him doing a victory dance since you guys were "in it to win it!")

Judy - happy [early] birthday sweetie!!! : Let us know as soon as you POAS!! I hope you get the present you so deserve!

Jentina - so sorry you got a BFN on Mother's Day. It doesn't mean a thing. It was too early, that's all... Hang in there!

Michelle - I love the llama, the chickies, and the lambs! You have a whole farm over there - it's great!!

Kiya - if AF has to come, a weekend camping with a bunch of women is the best way I can think of to regenerate and get energized to try again!

Hi everyone else!!

Me, I'm not as positive/hopeful as a few days ago. Even tho I'm still hoping the omens hold true. Guess I found my neutral place for the long wait ahead. I'm totally excited about working out lately - been trying to go three times a week. Work is going well. DH and I are planning our summer vacations. We will visit family in Michigan, attend a wedding in Utah and my 14 year old nephew is coming to visit for a week or so. Phew! Fun stuff! Oh yeah, and I'll meet a friend in LA briefly and another friend will visit from Michigan. It's gonna be a fun summer!

Happy Hump Day tomorrow!
#193 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Sarah - how are you feeling?? Have you told anyone yet? You have so many cute stories about your DH - how is he acting/feeling?? (I can just see him doing a victory dance since you guys were "in it to win it!")
I'm feeling ok, today marks four weeks - I'm kicking myself every day for testing early because I've been so nervous that af will still show up - but I'm starting to feel a bit more like it's real. I had to pee on a couple of sticks again yesterday and today just to make sure. I had my first beta yesterday and hopefully I'll get good numbers back on that today. I felt really crampy from about last Thursday until Monday so hopefully that little specklet is well burrowed in there. I feel a bit nauseous sometimes but no real symptoms yet.

We told both of our mothers on mother's day and they were both really happy, my mom's been knitting since last time so she's glad her repetitive strain knitting injury that she blamed me for now has purpose again. I told my dad and his reaction really got me, he was so choked up he couldn't even talk for a couple of minutes. I've also told my sister and two close friends who were there for me when I miscarried.

DH is well proud of himself. He was pretty pissed that I had tested when he wasn't home but I keep telling him that I just peed on it to waste the test and get it out of the house, I never expected there to be two lines. He's really sweet though, he keeps telling me how happy he is and he's really trying to help out because I'm pretty tired and I tend to overreact (HUGE) over things like unmade beds and dirty sinks, it just seems a bit overwhelming sometimes. He's also strutting around quite a bit and I've heard him telling his friends like he's the first man to ever get a woman pregnant.

Anyway I'll check in later for personals, I'm off to stalk your charts!
#194 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 AM

Temp dropped a lot this morning and i'm sort of crampy. POAS and it was BFN. I'm thinking AF will show up shortly. More later, have to go get ready for work. :

Edit: I'm at work now--in a little better mood than this morning. DH said to me this morning "Do you feel special today, it's your special day" (birthday #34) and I started to cry. LOL. I'm i'm not pregnant this is some really bad PMS. So, for my bday I think tonight we are going shopping for a curio for the living room!
#195 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Aww Judy... I'm sorry sweetie. Do something special for yourself today - go out to lunch? It's your birthday - tell DH to be extra special nice to you and take you out tonight too.
#196 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!:

#197 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Judy, Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your shopping trip tonight!

Sorry to hear about the temp drop

for you too, Kiya.

Sarah, the image of your dh strutting around is so cute.

Jencat, looking good!

#198 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 PM

: artytime: Judy!! What sort of curio are you off to get?? for the temp drop -

Sarah - I can totally see your DH strutting around, ever so proud of himself!

Jen - ooh, looks like you should be getting crosshairs soon!

So. My temp went back up a little bit. I'm now at the - yeahyeah, suresure part of my cycle, where I'm just temping for the record keeping. So. *sigh* We shall see.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#199 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM

: Happy Birthday Judy!

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#200 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 06:52 PM

Happy birthday, Judy! Sorry to hear about the temp drop, but hopefully you can push it out of your mind and have a fun night anyway. Today is my DH's birthday, too, as well as a very good friend's birthday! Seems like some wonderful people were born on this day!

I have been horribly remiss in keeping up with the thread. I hope to stop back soon to do some personals.

I'm always thinking about you ladies!!!

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#201 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM

: Happy Birthday Judy!!! :

Hope this year brings you everything you're wishing for!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#202 of 362 Old 05-16-2007, 11:59 PM

First off, Happy Happy Birthday, Judy. I'm so sorry about the temp drop. Try to enjoy your night. My birthday is my favorite day of the year, and I hope this can be a great one for you.

My next birthday is my 34th, too (on July 20th). So, I'm feeling philosophical. A few hours ago, AF came to visit right on schedule. As I expected, we're a no-go for this cycle. So now I'm drinking wine and watching tv. It feels so decadent. Since we've been ttc, wine is pretty much off limits and once there's a baby, tv will be a luxury, too. So, I know this may be the last time in a long time where I can do this.

So, although I'm super sad about this not being the cycle for us, I'm trying to remember to enjoy the journey. It could be the last time I'll be this person (assuming all goes well). I know that motherhood will change me in ways I can't even imagine. If I think about it, there are only a few other times in my life that I knowingly took such irreversible steps.

I hate waiting for AF but when she comes, well, there's something so hopeful about CD1. When we were reading books about ttc, they all said this would feel like a roller coaster. They were right. Because all of this may be true this month, or it may be months and months. Who can say? What I'm hoping is that this is the first lesson of motherhood: patience.

So here's baby dust for all of us!
#203 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 AM

jentina - You sound very wise and accepting of CD1 tho. I think I know what you mean - it's kinda freeing to not be PG in a way. It is such a scary and life changing event. Enjoy your TV and wine. You'll have another chance soon.

Karen - did you take this month off? Your temp sure looks high!... hmmmm...

I was hoping for crosshairs this morning darn it! Hopefully, I'll get them tomorrow...
#204 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 AM

Jentina, you are so right. Thanks for the uplifting perspective! At the beginning of the month, since it was my first month temping I thought to myself that I was actually enjoying temping and seeing in black and white exactly what my body was doing. It was really interesting to me and I though (just for a min) it might be fun to temp for a few months before I got a BFP! LOL.

Everyone, thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a good day, DH and I went out and bought the curio for the living room for my bday present and then had a nice dinner.
#205 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Karen - did you take this month off? Your temp sure looks high!... hmmmm...
I'm supposed to be taking off at least until September due to starting law school in August. I've skipped a lot of temping and I've not been sleeping well, so I'm not sure how accurate the temps are. Regardless, these aren't my highest ever temps. The last several cycles my temp has peaked at 98.5. Once I got 98.6. If it gets any higher than that, then I'll start wondering...

You know, it seems like a pretty accurate description of my life that after 1 full year of trying, I'd finally get pregnant right when it looks like my life is going to head in a different direction for the time being.
#206 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 AM

So, um, my temp this morning is 98.7. :

You know, looking at my chart, I'm trying to figure out when I might have O'd. I'm thinking it must have been Friday. Even though my chart says we DTD Saturday AM, it was actually around midnight so I could have also marked it as Friday PM. Alternatively, I O'd when I had the spotting on Monday/Tuesday. This seems less likely to me because my balloon boobies showed up on Tuesday, which seems to happen anywhere between 4 to 6 dpo every cycle. That means the spotting *could* be implentation.

Ah, well. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm actually feeling totally neutral at this point -- seriously.

When we started ttc last year, the hope was that we would conceive right away, I'd have the baby in January and get about 8 months at home before school started. Then I'd go to school part time nights and be home full time days with the babe. If I do turn up pregnant and I'd be delivering in the middle of the school year, we'll just go back to that plan!
#207 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Jentina
Thank you for your wise words. It is a reminder to me. Sometimes I have to remind myself what a life changing event this would be if it were to actually happen.

Karen, wow, those are some high temps! :

#208 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM

I agree jentina, I will be happy when I finally do become pregnant, but I also know that my life as I know it will change forever. That is a scary thought, especially when my life has been my husband (and canine kids) for the past 10 years. Focusing on my career and friends have also been important to me. Bringing another person into the mix will be quite interesting, to say the least.

When AF comes, I just look on the bright side. I can have a little more time to be selfish, work on hobbies, and most importantly, save more money and vacation time for when a little one comes along. I figure that it will happen when it happens (but I will do my best to help!).

Well ladies, I will be busy this weekend with the in-laws, so you probably won't hear a peep out of me. I hope that I remember to take my prenatal vitamins, because I will have to hide them! The family has no idea about our TTC. And, I plan to keep it that way. I just don't need the added stress.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. I am looking forward to the 4-day break from work.

#209 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Just want to pop in and say, Happy Birthday (belated) Judy!

And chime in on the philosophical discussion going on!

Yep, once you become pregnant, your life changes forever. Mine did, and I don't even have a baby! I went through a stage where over the first month I thought about it all the time, and mentally adjusted to prepare for impending change. And, it was a good thing. Then, I had to adjust again.

I guess what I've learned through this whole process so far is, patience, acceptance, and that regardless of the outcome, I am still me.

Patience to concieve, to wait when you are pregnant and time goes so slow, and patience when you have no control over what is going on with your body.

Acceptance, learning to trust my body again, and accepting that this is my body, and me, that I need to work with it, with what I am, have and can be.

I can't put my entire self worth and image and future on the idea of being a mom. I am me, I've accomplished a lot so far, and I think I'm pretty cool. I think when and if I do become a mom, being me first will only make me a better one. I admit it, I was sucked into the "I'm pregnant, this is my world" thing a little bit. I think I need balance.

Hugs to all....its been quiet around here, so I'll wait on personals another day or so!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#210 of 362 Old 05-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Amen, ladies. We are "ME" first. Then wife, partner, mom, etc... I understand this can be a hard thing to deal with after becoming a new mom (or after finding out you are PG!). We will all just have to remember to do things for ourselves, get out of the house, spend time alone, spend time and effort on our hobbies, jobs, interests, etc. while being moms too. I'm looking forward to the day we all need to worry about this!

So I have a question for you "testers!" Way back in Dec I bought a PG test that tells you "Pregnant" or "Not pregnant." (No lines to look for!) If I were to test on CD10 or CD12, what would it show if I was PG?

What's nice about the tests with the lines is you can keep watching the line get darker as you are *more pregnant*!? I suppose if I test too early, the "Pregnant"/"Not pregnant" test will just show "Not pregnant?"

TIA

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page