TTC#1 in our 30's May Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 362 Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kemi...

www.knitty.com Congrats on knitting start!

(I'm a big knitter...and spinner...if you need any knitting help, feel free to ask!)

Once you've figured out decreases and increases, you should be able to down and upsize the diaper covers no problem!

Suzy, I hear ya about the crazy work day today!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 362 Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! *hides from her coworkers*

Hi Ladies!! I've been trying to catch up for HOURS it feels like...

and love all around, I'll have to try for personals.... tomorrow.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#243 of 362 Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Hello girls!

I don't think I am going to try to catch up with everything!

Hello suzywan and frog!

Weekend went really well. We had the in-laws in town, so we showed them around Philly and such. They all left this morning, so I had a ton of laundry (sheets & towels) to wash, as well as dishes. We don't have a dishwasher. Ugh!

My chart seems to be telling me that today or tomorrow is the big O-day. We have BD'd a few times this weekend--quietly of course! The family doesn't suspect a thing.

Anyway, just a shout-out to everyone. I wish I had more time, but I have 9 class visits tomorrow at a local high school. I am SOOO nervous. I really hate standing in front of large groups of people. Especially when I have to talk. Wish me luck!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#244 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 AM

We've been a pretty quiet bunch haven't we?!

Aimee - you'll do great tomorrow, don't worry! Just remember that even though everyone seems to be just staring bored in your direction, some are really listening! You will touch and/or teach something to some of those kids! With re: to O'ing - Go bananas, go go bananas!

Christina - great news on the sperm count!

Kemi - I'm a total "cat person" too. The dogs are cute and I love them, but they can get annoying b/c they're dogs! Cats are just so much more cuddly! Glad you had a nice time learning to knit. You're just one day behind me... are you planning to test at some point? When do you expect AF? A few of us will test on Memorial Day (if no AF by then). Wanna join???

Michelle - glad you O'd! Congrats! Hope you're having a great time at the Indigo Girls tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
Jencat, your furbabies are just beautiful!
Aww shucks, thanks.

Well, my 2ww is slowing, slowing... can't believe I have another week left! At least I have a week til I test... but if AF comes I'll know something as soon as Saturday... I hope I have to wait til Monday!!
#245 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh, meant to respond last night, but felt awful - bad headache and nauseated - fell asleep on the couch at 9pm.

So, who was the idiot who tested at 10 DPO knowing full well that it was too early and would probably be negative and then got all depressed and fatalistic? Why that would be me

Jencat: I expect AF on the 27th, so if she doesn't show up I will definitely be testing with you on the 28th - I don't know how you have the willpower to wait, but you are my inspiration! Well, after today anyway

Embarrassing question for all you medical/health science types: So, due to some indiscretions in my youth, I am wondering, does an "infection" have to progress to pelvic inflammatory disease before it causes damage to the upper genito/reproductive tract, or can an "infection" cause damage all on its own? Even if that "infection" was cleared up relatively quickly and all Drs and Midwives visited say/said it shouldn't cause any problems and not to worry?

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#246 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Alright Suyzwan! We have another Memorial Day tester!

Sorry, don't know the answer to your medical question... Hopefully (and probably) everything is fine.

I'm leaving for a work a little early. I have an interesting day... I supervise the supervisor of our customer service call center and today I'm going to sit for 45 minutes each with the 8 operators and listen in on calls! It'll help me get to know the gals (I've been in this position for 5 months now), see what kinds of calls/callers we get and see what the procedures are for entering the work orders. It'll be interesting. Hopefully, the day is not too long. I also have one evaluation to give and one evaluation follow-up meeting (someone didn't like their so-so/bad eval....) Sigh. Why can't it be an easy day? Oh well, these things will keep my mind off the 2ww. I'll just have to promise to myself I won't let anything slip about ttc to these operators (all women!)

Oh, also, yesterday one of my people told me she's taking a one-year leave of absence. I'm not surprised. I'm actually a little relieved (haven't been able to count on her being there lately) but that means it'll be months before we get someone to take her place, then we have to train them... (I work for gov't - SLOW!)

Anyway, not that interesting for you all, I'm sure. I'm just wishing a lot of days that I had an easy job with no problems to deal with and no stress. DON'T WE ALL!!!???

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
#247 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Kemi, you sound like you are in good spirits.
That’s cool about the kitting class. I am also a beginning knitter. (and I also learned to crochet when I was younger!) I am just starting to get the hang of knitting, and I love it.

Michelle, I might hit you up for knitting advice too How was the concert?
And hooray for Oing!

Jencat, sounds like you’re holding on strong. Way to go.

I was so sure I wouldn’t temp this morning, then I did anyway, but hesitated to look, then I saw that my temp went up. (then I tested and got a bfn. Boo). I’m trying desperately to hold on to neutrality. I was sure it was over yesterday and was feeling pretty gloomy. Now I just don’t know what to think. What a long week this is.

Suzywan, don’t worry, you’re not the only one!

Phillybama, I hope the school visits are going well today. And hooray for Oing too!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#248 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 PM

Hello everybody!

Michelle: Thanks for the website. I've added it to my favorite places and will be calling you for knitting advice. I'm really enjoying it. I did make a few mistakes on the blanket (knitted when I should have purled and vice versa), but you can barely see them and the stitches are still perfect in count so I'll just try to be more careful from now on. Besides, this is my very first knitting project so I'm thinking that it doesn't have to be perfect. How was your concert?

Jencat: I'm up for POAS Memorial Day. I'll be just out of my range of luteal phase (15dpo) so if my temp is still up or doesn't fall, I'll test on Monday. I may just chicken out and not test until Wednesday too, because I promised myself that the very next time I test, it's going to be positive. Also, good luck with work today. Sorry that things are a bit stressful.

Christina: I know about trying to stay neutral. It's so difficult. I'm happy to hear that your temp went up anyway. About kntting, will you be posting photos of your completed projects? I know I will because I really want to show my progress. I'm so happy that I've finally learned to knit. I've always wanted to know how to do this.

Suzy and Christina: Sorry about the BFNs. Just think, there are a lot of women who get a negative hpt before the positive one happens. I know that there are those who take their tests at 9dpo and they get the faint line and then there are those who need to wait a few extra days before they get their super dark positive. That may be you.

As for me...

Things are going well. Knitting is great. I'm exercising every day now and I love it. I find that I'll work out while waiting to O, then just totally slack off during the tww. I'm just saying to myself that if I get pregnant I'll modify my workouts, but until then I'm going to do what I normally do and really work out. Chart wise, my temps are just all over the place this month. I've become so accostomed to a temperature rise and a sustained amount of high temperatures that what's going on is totally puzzling to me. My temp went up, then it went down a bit then I had a high temp of 98.4 then it went back down. I don't get it. So I'm just going to do my relaxation exercises, knit and work out. I think that will help me not think about this.

Alright, I'm off. If I missed anybody, sorry. I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#249 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM

Hi - and thanks for keeping my name on the roll call. I can say we are officially TTC#1 having decided that no time was perfect and we are in pretty good shape (emotionally, financially, etc) to go for it. So you can drop the "getting ready"
I'm admittedly more of a reader than poster, but I enjoy checking in and having this place to come to - cheers!
#250 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Kemi - Thanks for the encouragement! I read on FF that under no circumstances is one supposed to test before the day before one's expected period 'cause it's just crazy-making. So true.

My temps are all over, too. I think it's because of inconsistent waking time. But they're all well above my coverline, so that's something, right?

#251 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Welcome back nony! Congrats on your decision to officially start TTC. Lots of to you.
#252 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Kemi, I will definitely share pics of my projects. I was planning on adding them to my blog, I have to get on that. I’d love to see your progress on the blanket.

Welcome back, Nony! I’ll update your name on the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan
I read on FF that under no circumstances is one supposed to test before the day before one's expected period 'cause it's just crazy-making.
yep, you're right. I still have never been late, and yet I've wasted a bunch of tests over the months because I was too impatient to wait. :

#253 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Well, so much for me keeping my mouth shut about ttc. I blogged about it. Couldn't help myself!

<rolls eyes>

#254 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 05:15 PM

hola soon-to-be mamas!

i have missed you and this forum so much as i have been busy rearranging my life in some very illogical ways...and not ttc.

i'm so happy to see so many graduates - yipee!

ok...so i'm back in the ttc game before i thought i would be (mainly because we failed to buy condoms this month!). just counted the days and realized that i'm 10-12 dpo w/af due on friday-sunday. maybe i will join the memorial day testers?

may the lovely spring weather bring luck to all of us this month

rain
#255 of 362 Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Frog, I enjoyed your blog post. I’m about the cryo gas and Siemens truck!
I’m so glad to hear what KM said about your chart analysis. It’s so good to know that there is nothing wrong.

Raingyrl, welcome back! We’ve missed you! Sounds like we’re cycle buddies, and I’m hoping we all get to test this weekend and all get some very big fat +’s.

:

#256 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM

Hey, ladies!

I saw this beautiful thread start to sink down the page, so I thought I’d bump us back up!

Work has been keeping me from doing personals—bleh.

Belated Welcome, Suzy and Frog! And JenTina too! (I think I might have missed saying welcome to you earlier—so sorry!)

Welcome back, Nony and Rain!!

I’m loving all the llamas, baby chickens, and kitties that have been gracing this thread with their fuzzy cuteness lately!

I’m still stalking charts and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. I think about you ladies ALL the time.

Much love,
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#257 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 AM

Hola, ladies!

So many of you are in that non-relaxing part of the TWW. :!

Jen, I heartily support not temping. Are you enjoying it?

Christina and Suzywan, boo for the BFNs, but it's early days yet for both of you. Christina, that's great news about the SA results -- I guess you went with a lab test rather than the at-home microscope analysis?

Kemi, that's great about knitting. I started knitting on and off during the winter, and I really like it. Diaper covers would be a great project.

My personals are going to be hit and miss... I'm trying to catch up after about a week away! We went for DH's interview last week, which was interesting (I don't think he wants the job!), and then I spent the weekend with my mom at a spa/retreat. It was her 60th birthday on Friday, and I had taken her to the same place for her 50th, so it was really wonderful to go back. Plus the place is awesome -- great food, great massages, beautiful setting... we did lots of hiking and relaxing and had a wonderful time. She had packed a couple of bottles of wine, so I ended up telling her I was pregnant, which I had not necessarily planned to do, but it turned out to be a really great thing. She's really excited, and had lots to share (like that neither she nor my grandma ever really had morning sickness!).

One of the things she wanted to do was to start knitting a baby blanket, so we tried to reach an agreement about color (eventually settling on sage green). But then on one of our hikes, we came across an alpaca farm, and later on we found the shop where the alpaca wool is sold, so instead she's going to make the blanket in a lovely off-white (the natural color of Yasmin, the alpaca.) I really wish we had taken photos of the alpacas -- I know you ladies love that stuff (they were shorn, Michelle, and I felt like a real expert telling my Mom about the stuff I learned from your blog!)
#258 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Kharen and Xenon! It’s good to hear from you. I miss you guys!

Xenon, the weekend with your mom sounds very nice. Glad you had a good time. I can't wait to see pictures () of the alpaca baby blanket - sounds beautiful. And that is very interesting indeed about DH’s job interview…Do you think you’ll still move and look for a different job? Or was moving solely related to the job?

Well, as for me, AF showed up today. So I decided to take the day off. I wish I had been doing this all along. It’s so nice to be able to have time to myself, to reflect or be productive or whatever I want, instead of being stuck in my cubicle staring at the computer, and feeling sorry for myself.

So, I’m off to get stuff done today, I’ll report back later.

I hope everyone else is having a happy hump day.

#259 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 AM

cking:
#260 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Well...temp went up today, so if it goes up again tomorrow, I'm hoping for crosshairs!

Rainy and cold here, so I haven't been motivated to do much outside, but the big news is...DH bought me a dishwasher yesterday! Now he just has to install it, but man, we've been without one since we moved to the new place a year ago, and I've missed it! I told him that I wasn't going to have a baby without a dishwasher, and apparently he listened!

Kiya
I hope today is less crazy for you and you catch up with the work!

Aimee Yay for GIO quietly with the fam around!

Jencat Hoping for a quick rest of the 2ww wait for you! And loads of babydust! Indigo Girls concert was AMAZING. I've listened to them for years, but never seen them and they ROCKED. And, the concert was a benefit...they're very involved supporting great causes too.

Suzy
I'm not sure about the infection thing...have you asked your Dr/MW about it? And hugs, sorry for the testing BFN at 10DPO! You know I did that too...last time, tested at 8, 10 and 12 DPO. BFN at 8 and 10, BFP on 12! So, there's hope! Oh and yep, the key thing about temps is they should stay above the coverline!

Christina Feel free to ask me about knitting anytime! Knitting and spinning are kinda like favorite things ever! Oh, and yes, we must share pics! I've shared my blog addy with you guys, so if you go through my archives there are tons of pics! Bah on AF! Hugs... (oh and if I don't get a BFP by then, I'll be July threadkeeper! It worked last time I signed up....)

Kemi Yep, knitting questions I'll field anytime! Yeah, no worries about a few mistakes. Honestly, ever single thing I've ever knit has a few mistakes in it! I love that you're exercising every day. I really need to get back into that. I feel pretty slothlike....

Nony Welcome!

Emily Hi! Glad to see you pop in!

Frog nice blog post! Hee, I can't keep my mouth shut either...that's me, bigmouth!

Rainy *hugs* Well, welcome back...I'm glad you're here!

Kharen We miss you too, but I'm glad you graduated! Animal cuteness is almost as good as baby cuteness isn't it!

Xenon That is SO cool about the alpaca farm, and the yarn, and the baby blanket. You know, alpaca is 8 times warmer than wool, so that will be a warm blankie!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#261 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Do you think you’ll still move and look for a different job? Or was moving solely related to the job?
Moving would have been solely motivated by the job -- we both have jobs here, and it's pretty hard to justify walking away from them without at least one job to move on to. Interestingly, though, the potential new boss broached the possibility of another job for DH, in a different city. DH is pretty drawn to the job, so now we're pondering a different move, which would take place a few months down the road.

I completely support your Day One == Day Off philosophy. I've done that on more than one occasion, and it's a perfect time for regrouping, reflecting etc. Also for wine and coffee and ice cream I'm sending very positive vibes your way
#262 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM

thanks for the welcome back! it feels good to have at least one area of my life coming back together!

christina - good for you for taking the day off. i've found that when af visits on the weekends, which has happened for the past 3 months, i'm much more sane. i know i can cry...or be moody, and somehow the sadness doesn't really last that long. being in a place where i have to fake my feelings just doesn't work. enjoy your day!

xenon - what a cool way to tell your mom that you will be a mom...and lucky you for having a mom you want to spend a spa weekend with!

ok...i'm going to test on friday....anyone with me?

rain
#263 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Hello All! Happy Hump Day! Today was great. I saw this wonderful mother with just such a sweet, yummy, squishy little boy. We let her get a shower in while I put his clothes back on and I got to smell his sweetness and rock him to sleep. It was so nice. I really enjoyed it and the baby really was digging the attention. I was totally relaxed with it. I was thinking, "dang, I wish I had a sling or a wrap or something so I could still hold him because he's a little chunk monster and my arms are starting to get tired!" He was so cute. So yes, I got my baby fix for today. I'm visiting a friend tomorrow who just had a little boy and I'll be soaking up the baby juice! Ah, I love my job.

Christina: Sorry about AF coming. Taking a day to yourself sounds great. I understand trying to act like everything is normal when you just feel down. Having the time to yourself is a great way to recouperate (sp?). That and some really nice creamy ice cream! Oh yeah, that is my once a month thing. I just HAVE to have it at least once a month especially during the time when AF shows. That's my vice.

Michelle: Thanks for making me feel better about the knitting. It's nice to know that even when you've been doing it for years that there are still little mistakes to be made. I told DH that this blanket is going to have "character". My mentor was knitting a wool soaker for my friend mentioned above. She just basically got started with knitting it yesterday and she's over half way finished with it today and will complete it tonight. Her daughters are also master knitters at ages 15 and 19 so they may share in the knitting because they really wanted to get this soaker to our friend by tomorrow. Marathon knitting...How neat!

Xenon: That sounds so awesome about the day at the spa with your mom. I'm like that with my mom too. If this is the month, I'm going to wait to tell her until my nephew's graduation so I can just tell the entire family at once since if this is the month, I'll be about 8 weeks by then. That sounds great about the alpaca wool. That is going to make a wonderful blanket.

I do miss the graduates (Kharen, Kripa, Xenon, Dee). I'm happy to have moved three of them myself! I think that we're doing well with the thread really. We basically have 48% who have graduated and 52% (both are approximations) who have not yet. We also get about 3 graduates a month on average and we get maybe one or two who enter the pool a month. I'm also counting the missing members who have been here, but have either stopped posting here or have stopped charting. Just think, every month 3 of us gets pregnant so eventually it will be any of us! That is a real bright side to all of this. So ladies, enjoy the rest of your day. I'm off to the chiropractors for my adjustment and reevaluation (has it been a month already? )

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#264 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 PM

*waves*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Hiya ladies!! I'm doing personals from memory, and I haven't gotten a full nights sleep since Sunday, so forgive me if I miss something!

Xenon!! Welcome Back - sounds like a wonderful trip - I would so love a day at the spa!!

Kharen! Do you 'feel' pregnant?

Christina - oooh, Day One = Day Off is a WONDERFUL idea. Mine usually sneaks up on me WHILE I'm at work though. *sigh*

Michelle - aren't dishwashers WONDERFUL?? We are supposed to be installing ours (that we've had for 9 months - long story!) this weekend - *fans self* I don't know what I'll do with a working dishwasher!!

Nony!! I don't think we've been around together before. I always wonder where the quiet ladies who are on the 'list' are!!

Kemi - you sound REALLY upbeat!!!

Suzy - I think that you can have an infection WITHOUT it becoming PID, or afflicting your fertility at all - but yeah, definitely something to check with your practitioner about...

Oh shoot, my narrow window of internet opportunity is closing.

Umm, me? I'm good - period is over - it was exceptionally short and relatively light and after having multiple people say to me 'ya know my friends cousins sisters boyfriends aunt's niece was pregnant and had her period the WHOLE 9 months - I figured I'd PIAC last night...... and no, I'm definitely NOT pregnant.
I've got no vibe when I'm going to O this month, but based on last month I'm thinking I need to start doing OPK's around CD11 or so. Starting to take my EPO again, and the PreSeed FINALLY came in the mail, so I'll be using that too....
It's a long weekend for us Americans!! Whoohoo!! Anyone have plans? I won tickets to go see the Temptations on Saturday off the radio this morning, and there will be a dishwasher installed, and I think that's about it!

to all of my TTC'ing sistas!!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#265 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Hello everybody.

Kiya: Yes I am upbeat! I'm more at ease and not as stressed out as I used to be. I think that the chiro work, bi-monthly massages, and the relaxation CD is really helping me chill out. I just hope that it lasts through the end of this tww. I haven't obsessed about this much at all this month. Also, congratulations on getting your dishwasher installed! Congrats also to Michelle. I love my dishwasher! When I was young we would have a dishwasher in the house, but my parents wouldn't let us use it. "You are the dishwashers", they said. Well I told my parents that as soon as I get my own house I'm going to wear out a dishwasher! And so I have.

Now...

I did geek out and do the acutal stats from our thread. Our stats are as follows...

We have a total of 49 participants in the TTC #1 in our 30's thread which includes both the graduates and the ladies still trying to conceive.

26 or 53% of us are continuing or have just started ttc.
23 or 47% of us are graduates from this and previous months.

We have an average of 3.3 people getting pregnant from our group per month. Which means that we're doing great for graduates. We still have a chance to possibly get one more graduate this month, though the probability is low. I'm not a statistician so if anyone would like to do the permutation of this to give us the statistics of any one of us getting pregnant in a month it would be greatly appreciated. I forgot statistics as soon as the class was over. We need someone who is really good in math or can just plug the numbers into the good old TI and get the numbers. Anyways, I thought this was a fun exercise.

#266 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Welcome back Rain and Nony!

Christina ugh sorry AF showed up for you. Hooray for taking the day off & hopefully you're drinking the margarita that I've been longing for!

Xenon your spa vacation with your mom sounds wonderful. Interesting developments with your DH's job too. Do you want to move or are you following him? Are you planning to continue work after the baby arrives? How are you feeling lately?

Jen wow the Indigo Girls! I've heard they're great in concert & would love to see them. Lucky you! You're making it hard to stalk your chart but I'm still trying. :

Kiya I've POAS after AF arrived too. There are too many stories out there about women having their periods while being pregnant. Are we eternal optimists or do we set ourselves up for disappointment? Maybe both?

Kemi it's great to hear from you & I miss you too! I'm vicariously enjoying your interactions with babies and moms. You sound really relaxed and centered & I so happy for you. What relaxation CD are you using, if you don't mind me asking? Love the stats too! Made me smile.

I think I'm finally settling into my pregnancy now at 16 weeks. Still haven't bought anything for the baby (not even a cloth diaper!) but I visited my in-laws a few weeks ago and they gave me a cute little white sweater and the tiniest socks I have ever seen. I have them tucked in my closet but sometimes I just take them out and stare at them. I don't know if I've felt movement or not - I've felt some odd cramps and twinges but it's hard to say since I don't know how kicks feel. I'm excited for that milestone though and trying to pay close attention to the goings-on in my midsection.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#267 of 362 Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Kemi it's great to hear from you & I miss you too! I'm vicariously enjoying your interactions with babies and moms. You sound really relaxed and centered & I so happy for you. What relaxation CD are you using, if you don't mind me asking? Love the stats too! Made me smile.
Hi Dee!!

Well, yes the babies are so sweet. I don't think I believed this when I was a teenager or in my earlier twenties, but I really think that pretty much all babies are beautiful now. I mean, they are so cute, they smell good, and I just love them. A wonderful feeling comes over me when I see a baby. I see them fresh out of the oven like at anywhere from hours to a few days after they're born mostly. It's intoxicating! You'll certainly find out when you have your own or when you play with your friend's newborns. There is nothing like it. I feel this love for them that I can't even begin to imagine what I'm going to feel for my very own baby. Yeah, I'm relaxed. The CD I listen to is called Living Peace with Gael Chiarella. It's from the Alpha Relaxation Solution. I love it. Gael has a very nice and relaxing voice. There was one with a guy on it, but his voice was so nice and I didn't think that I would really be able to relax with him so I got this one. They have four 15 minute guided relaxations. I usually do the Feeling Ease track because it helps me to remove my attachments to what I think are "shoulds" in my life. So I apply most of it to my attitude of ttc and so far so good. Thanks for asking. I'm so happy to tell you what I've been doing.

#268 of 362 Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Christina - A day off sounds like a great idea for CD1. I hope you enjoyed it as much as possible given the b!tch's arrival.

Hi Nony! Nice to meet you!

Rain - welcome back! It's nice to hear from you! Memorial Day is too long to wait for you? When is AF due?

Xenon - Yes! I love not temping! I temped today just to take a peak. But it really does no good at this point in the cycle. I guess it gives a day notice if AF might be coming... And of course it's important around and after O time so we can get our O date. But otherwise, I might do this spotty temping in future months (if I need to keep charting!) Glad you had a nice time with mom. Keep us updated on the job situation. Are you planning to get a ticker so we can follow your progress???

Dishwashers, yipee!

Kemi - you make we want to work with babies! I don't see nearly enough of them! I have one friend I see a few times a month who has a toddler and a baby. My sister has an almost 2 year old but they're in MI. That's it! I need more babies in my life!

Hi Kharen, Frog, Emily, Dee, Jentina, Suzywan, Kripa, Kiya, Judy, Sarah, Aimee and Karen! (and anyone else I missed!)

I'm just 'here'... Work has been stressful this week. Today I have a tension headache. So I'm probably going to fall asleep on the couch even tho two of my tv shows are having finale's tonight. Oh well, it's just tv! (American Idol and Lost!)
#269 of 362 Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Hi Everyone! Well, earthymama2be, you made me laugh about my wallflowerish ways on the boards and kjad29, thanks for the stats! Nice to meet you jencat! I will *try* to pop in more often...
I was actually temping every day for about 3 months or so when we were pre-ttcing and then this month we just decided to go for it and I mostly went by CM, but don't remember exactly when AF started last and seem to be waiting for AF again - have *very* sore breasts and all the preAF signs, which can also be BFP signs, so I'm just trying to be patient - taking walks, gardening with DH and just enjoying spring.
And earthymama2be: enjoy that dishwasher! We just got one (with our new home) and while I don't use it all the time, I do find that when the pile gets higher than 30 minutes of clean-up, it all starts going into the dishwasher...it's a wonderful feeling!
And this three-day weekend will be spent gardening, gardening, gardening. AF may come. or not!? Lots of and : to the TTCers. nony
#270 of 362 Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 AM

Hi all - temp is back up this morning. Here's hoping it keeps going up up up.

earthymam2b - I've checked with practitioners before - 2 midwives and an OB/GYN, and everyone pooh poohed my worries and said I should be fine. I asked my current midwife if I should get an early ultrasound when I get pregnant, to rule out an ectopic caused by messed up tubes, and she said no, if the infection (OK, lets not pussyfoot around, it was chlamydia ) was cleared up it's no problem. I guess I should just relax about it, and if I can't get pregnant in a year, I'll get it checked out. Why am I so crazy already

FiberLover - Stop stop stop, you're making me antsy to test (I'm 12DPO today!) I'm being a good girl and waiting until Monday! But thanks for the hugs.

KJad29 - OOh, I like those stats.

Jencat - Are you staying strong, or have you broken down and tested? Any symptoms? I had crazy cramping on 10 DPO and 11DPO and I never *cramp* before AF, usually just little twinges. But some of these took my breath away - very sharp and localized. Maybe it's just the RRL doing its magic.

Frog - How are you doing? I have a hard time not telling everybody, too, but you know who's worse? My SO! He's blabbing to everyone who'll listen. For someone who was so hesitant for so long, he's certainly jumped on the bandwagon right quick

Boobs hurting, cramping, weird diarrhea ( ), and temps up : : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page