Nursing Mamas TTC in May.....Join Us!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
Ellymay: How is the nursing going with your DD? I know you posted before that she seemed to not care for the "new" mama milk you were making??? Hope it's going well...
It is going good she is cutting several teeth right now so she has been a MAJOR fuss all week long and is driving me batty! BUT as for my milk I am actually having A LOT more right now which makes noooo sense to me but I do and am actually feeling letdown almost everytime she nurses which I haven't had in ages! I think she knows something is different though bc she is very clingy right now. But anyways all is good so far and my bbs have grown LOL...thanks for asking

~~~~~BAby dust everyone~~~~~ I hope to have some others join me in the FEb DD club!
#362 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

SarahN: I am curious to hear what your book says about supporting the thyroid. TIA

Linzie Congrats on Oing! GL catching that egg.

Lovetobemama GL! : My DH thinks the POAS is funny also! He would be shocked I think if he knew exactly what we chat about on here.

Mamanym : stay away af!

eastkygal so glad you are feeling better.

I think it is smart to keep ttc on the down low from irl people. I have been feeling so frustrated lately and made the mistake of opening up to one of my good friends. All I got from her was how it was nursing that was the problem and I was going to have to make a choice and it is all emotional nursing now anyway and it is just as much for me as ds. That conversation really put me in a funk that I am having a difficult time coming out of. : I am trying not to be obsessive but it is so hard. I have baby on the brain all the time. I know all of you can relate.
From now on I will keep my ttc conversations to this forum and with my sister, who is also a nursing mama ttc with difficulty.
#363 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 PM

My husband also thinks all the ttc acronyms are hilarious and walks around light-heartedly poking fun at them.

I don't really think that he has any idea the gist of the discussions here - I think that he just glanced over it a few times - just enough to know that this was NOT the thread for him!!

As for me, I think that I may have O'd on wednesday : so I think that I can be moved to the tww.

I have changed my diet and am really restricting my sugar intake. I am hoping that this has a positve effect. If things don't work out this month (and I am really hopeful that they do) I've decided to start charting again next month. I will have to buy a new thermometer because I lost my last one. My last one wasn't digital. Is there a particular kind that anyone would recommend?

I can really share everyone's sentiments about being totally obsessed about this when few, if any, people irl know what is going on. I am also starting to think that my husband might be changing his mind about having a third, since it has been taking so freakin' long. I am therefore feeling a bit more pressure to get pregnant soon....or maybe it won't happen at all :

It is nice to see some bfps! I hope that there will be more!!!
#364 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 PM

I think it is smart to keep ttc on the down low from irl people. I have been feeling so frustrated lately and made the mistake of opening up to one of my good friends. All I got from her was how it was nursing that was the problem and I was going to have to make a choice and it is all emotional nursing now anyway and it is just as much for me as ds. That conversation really put me in a funk that I am having a difficult time coming out of. : I am trying not to be obsessive but it is so hard. I have baby on the brain all the time. I know all of you can relate.
From now on I will keep my ttc conversations to this forum and with my sister, who is also a nursing mama ttc with difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Sorry that happened to you. So many people just don't get it!! It is so nice to have this group.
#365 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 PM

[/QUOTE] I think it is smart to keep ttc on the down low from irl people. I have been feeling so frustrated lately and made the mistake of opening up to one of my good friends. All I got from her was how it was nursing that was the problem and I was going to have to make a choice and it is all emotional nursing now anyway and it is just as much for me as ds. That conversation really put me in a funk that I am having a difficult time coming out of. : I am trying not to be obsessive but it is so hard. I have baby on the brain all the time. I know all of you can relate.
From now on I will keep my ttc conversations to this forum and with my sister, who is also a nursing mama ttc with difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Sorry that happened to you. So many people just don't get it!! It is so nice to have this group.
#366 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 11:25 PM

I have a confession......I wasn't supposed to test this AM because DH wasn't home and I told him I'd wait. So, of course I did : (I think he expects it anyway) But it was neg. So I had to test again tonight when he got home, even though I wasn't looking forward to another negative. So I reduced my water and POAS this evening. Well.....THERE WAS A VERY FAINT LINE!!!! I thought I was imagining it or it was another "shadow/wishful thinking line so I handed it to DH. He said he saw it too, very faint but he saw it! I am really scared that I have just gotten my hopes up for nothing! We are testing again in the AM. Hopefully with a few more hours and FMU I'll get a decent positive if it is real. : Man, after 8 months of this it almost doesn't seem real and I am SO scared it will be negative in the AM.

eastky- Thank you so much for the comforting words. And yeah, since I've been doing the B6 my last 2 LPs were 12 and 13 days so they are much better than they were. So if you get your positive this month would you have a Feb due date?

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#367 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 PM

Sarah-That's great news for you! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get another positive in the am. Also, good to hear that the B6 has worked for you. I just started taking it. It worked to lengthen my LP when ttc my second child, so hopefully it will work well this time too. Be sure to let us know how your test comes out!
#368 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
I have a confession......I wasn't supposed to test this AM because DH wasn't home and I told him I'd wait. So, of course I did : (I think he expects it anyway) But it was neg. So I had to test again tonight when he got home, even though I wasn't looking forward to another negative. So I reduced my water and POAS this evening. Well.....THERE WAS A VERY FAINT LINE!!!! I thought I was imagining it or it was another "shadow/wishful thinking line so I handed it to DH. He said he saw it too, very faint but he saw it! I am really scared that I have just gotten my hopes up for nothing! We are testing again in the AM. Hopefully with a few more hours and FMU I'll get a decent positive if it is real. : Man, after 8 months of this it almost doesn't seem real and I am SO scared it will be negative in the AM.
I think a congratulations is in order!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#369 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Good luck Sarahn!! I bet the morning will be clear and positive!!!

As well as cracking my husband up with the POAS thing, I also really confused my dentist yesterday by writing TTC in the space where I was supposed to write yes or no for pregnancy . He came in with my file and a confused look on his face. I guess that even though I am new to MDC, I am starting to think in terms of the acronyms that are used here!

Hang in there, all you mamas who are getting flack from people for nursing and TTC. We are all only doing what mamas have been doing for hundreds of thousands of years! .

Good luck everyone!
#370 of 453 Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 PM

okay, info on thyroid. this is from Prescription Alternatives Earl Mindell, RPh, PhD and Virginia Hopkins, MA. They say the best way to test for thyroid deficiency is by taking your BBT (so we're set!) But this says to do it under your arm with a mercury thermometer for 10 minutes, so I'm not sure how it compares with temping orally or vaginally. Anyway, it says to temp on CDs 2-4 and if your average temp is below 97.2F (under arm) and you have symptoms then you should treat it. They say that "deficiencies of zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and the amino acid tyrosine can prevent the thyroid from functioning properly." These deficiencies can make it difficult to convert T4 into T3. Tyrosine is found plentifully in soy and in chicken, fish, and beef or you can take it in a suppliment form, following the directions on the container."

Secondly-"Chronic high cortisol levels due to excessive stress block the converstion of T4 into T3."

They also recommend getting enough Iodine. It is obviously in table salt now but they also recommend eating salt water fish and seaweed (dulse, wakame, kombu, and nori) "You can take supplemental iodine (no more than 1,000mcg a day without a physician's prescription) if you think your thyroid gland needs extra help."

They then say that if stress reduction and supplimentation don't help symptoms and increase body temp that thyroid replacement may be necessary. They recommend Armour or USP thyroid. It is the closest thing to natural thyroid production.

This is sad, I use prescription thyroid replacement and my BBT is still way lower than that! I have an appt with a doc that prescribes Armour next month though. It can be hard to find anyone to prescribe it. They all want to do the levothyroxine, T4 from the lab stuff. It works for lots of people but it just isn't cutting it for me. I hope this was helpful for some of you.

#371 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 12:00 AM

: Thanks guys! I'll check in in the AM and let you know how it turns out.

#372 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

mamatotwo good luck! :

sarahn : i just know that you'll get your definite positive in the am!
thanks for the info.
#373 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 06:00 AM

Sarahn, that sounds really hopeful and your chart looks great! :

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#374 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Wow. This is my first month on vitex because I wasn't O'ing until after CD 70 (except for last cycle, I O'd on CD 29, but DD went through a period of nursing MUCH less)...and here I am, thinking I O'd, and I'm only on CD 19!! Do you think I have the vitex to thank????

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5765e

Also, I had O pains 2 days ago...so when do you think I'd consider my O date? (assuming I O'd...there's always a chance my temp could drop and this could all be a fluke...but for now, play along ). I don't check CM because I've NEVER had EWCM or anything to distinguish O'ing from any other time, and I never got around to checking CP.

The thing that sucks is that DH worked a 24 hour shift yesterday and we didn't get to BD the day before because we got in a fight. : I'm feeling really frustrated...what's the point of having AF more frequently if I'm not going to get pg. anyway. I'll probably kick myself if I regulate my cycles and we still end up TTC for a long time again.

And it just figures that we happened to have a conversation the other night about having another baby around DD's birthday, and DH got totally giddy and excited!! He's never shown emotion like that about TTC, especially not this time around (I assume because he didn't expect it to take this long, either...but then again, coming from a super fertile family, I'm probably a disappointment in that dept). And then here I go and O without the chance to BD.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#375 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 11:37 AM

SarahN - Oh Oh Oh... I'm so routing for you!!! : on even the faintest line!!!! I'll be glued to this computer until you let us know!!!

Well, ladies... Clomid is pretty interesting stuff. It has really changed this AF. Very light, and now on CD6 just brown spotting and it seems I already have EWCM. I'm kind of confused because Dr. said o shouldn't occur until around 5 days after my last pill. Tomorrow will be my last pill of the month. I'm supposed to use my OPKs starting on CD12.

Dh said today that it scares him to have another baby. He was pretty scared to have DD too, so I hope he feels better about it soon. I think he just worries about not having money or something.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#376 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Oh 1babysmom, I'm so sorry. We had a month where we missed Bding at O time for similar sorts of reasons and it was really hard. I was angry at my self and annoyed with DH. Atleast with these shorter cycles ( you get to O again that much sooner! I'm really happy for you that your DH is excited with you. That is great support for this difficult journey. This is such a hard thing to go through but you are getting closer and closer to your next baby. I'm really excited that the vitex seems to be making such a difference for you! That will certainly increase the chances of pregnancy when you get to try so much more often than when Oing on CD 70!! Big hugs to you, I know it's hard and frustrating.

#377 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Okay eastky, I won't keep you waiting any longer...........It was POSITIVE!!! Still very faint, maybe just a touch darker than last night but definately a line there. It didn't show until the 5 min mark either so I'm not ready to graduate just yet. I'm definatley excited and scared and all that good stuff!!

eastky-I wonder if you should start the OPKs now just in case? I can't wait for us to be in the Feb DDC!!!:

#378 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 12:16 PM

Ooooh! Congratulations, SarahN!!!!!!!!! How exciting!

1babysmom

It is difficult when people tell you things like you have to wean to get pg and it's just "emotional nursing". : Breastmilk doesn't all of a sudden lose its nutritional value, its antibodies, etc. - in fact it changes on a daily basis to meet your child's specific needs. I could go on...

I had horrible cramps last night and still have them today - I thought for sure af would be here when I woke up, but my temp is up and no af. I have no idea what's going on with my body - this cycle has been so odd!!! : I definitely feel like af is on her way - any second now.
#379 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

: : : : :
YEA SARAH!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

: : : : : :

I am so happy for you! HH9M
#380 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 PM

thanks Elaina!!:

Mama_nym- this is sounding promising!!! You are having a great LP atleast! Do you plan on testing?

#381 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Well, if af doesn't show (I really think she will), then I'll test on Monday (13dpo) or Tuesday (14dpo). I have to decide if, in the slight chance that I am pg, I want to know I'm pg on Monday when I spend the day with my extended family because I WILL NOT tell them until I'm at least 6 weeks along. But I highly doubt I'm pg.

It's driving me crazy - I don't seem to be able to do most smilies (computer is acting up) so it's really difficult to express how very extremely excited I am about your bfp!!!!! Congrats again!!!
#382 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 PM

YAAAA-HOOOO!!!!! : : Whoo-hoo!!!

Okay... can you tell I'm estatic for you!!!
HH9M... It would be an honor to be in a DDC with you. You have been helpful grounded support for me for the 8 or 9 months we've been posting here. Thanks again.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#383 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 03:39 PM

That's fantastic, sarahn! Really great news. Congratulations.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#384 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 05:15 PM

#385 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
jmo

Congrats, Sarah!!!!!!

So I wimped out and didn't test yesterday. I just had this feeling it was going to be neg and then I be all disappointed and dh had to work last night, so I'm waiting until Sun.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#386 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 06:20 PM

sarah!!!!! & a very very HH9M! I know you've been waiting a long time for this. How old is Grace?

Elaina, - I feel the pain of people asking why you just don't wean because BM has no nutritional value. My IRL friends say that to me all the time and I am getting incredibly frustrated. And with DS being sick for the past week, he's been nursing rather than eating table food, and I am so thankful I am still nursing him. I am not ready for him to stop, I will admit that, but by no means is it "just emotional"... I wish we'd never told our friends IRL that we're ttc again, because this is cycle 6 and everyone keeps looking at my breasts and my belly rather than my face :, and not to mention that the rest of the population feels it is their given right to ask "When are you going to have another baby?/Ready for another one yet?" as soon as the 1st birthday is marked.

Mama nym, I think your chart looks FABULOUS!!! I hope it's a for you! If you think you'll blurt it out in a sudden moment of excitement, then don't test until Tuesday!

eastkygal... are you taking anything with the clomid to help increase CM/counteract the drying effect of the clomid that you usually don't take? Green tea, cough syrup etc? I doubt you'll O this early but maybe start OPKs sooner than cd 12. : it works for you first try!!

1babysmom, about the fight. I hate when that happens with us and we miss a chance to DTD! If you did O, then it looks like yesterday, CD18, based on your temp rise. I can't guess any more than that because you don't mark CM, CP or Opks.... GL and : The vitex may help the CM situation, too, but meanwhile, DTD as much as you can manage because without fertile CM the swimmers don't live for very long.

AAM: This cycle seems to be passing sooooo slowly. I guess I will probably O later next week or next weekend. I'm going to start using OPKs on Monday, which will be cd16, and today we'll start DTD every other day until I see a +, then every day until confirmed temp shift... I really hope my LP is long enough this cycle!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#387 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Sarahn That's Wonderful News : : :

Eastkygal-
Amandamarie - Good to see you back and taking charge of your body. I just had bloodwork done for suspected PCOS. How was yours diagnosed? I'm still wondering what is up with me.

I was diagnosed in 1993. My symptoms at the time were unexplained weight gain, irregular cycles or nonexistent cycles, mild hair growth, and depression. My dr at the time tested LH, FH, testosterone, and thyroid. My LH levels were way higher than FH and that's an indicator of PCOS. I also had an ultrasound to check ovarys for cysts which I did have. Years later after PCOS was researched more, I was tested for Insulin Resistance which I did have as well. For awhile I did go the western route with taking Metformin, but it was really hard on my liver, and the side effects were awful. I do much better treating it with Chinese herbs and a healthy low sugar diet.

My laptop is still in the shop. I'll try to post later if my dh will share his computer again.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#388 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Congrats SarahN: : : : : : :

Also girls I was thinking about drinking green Tea this cycle for CM when Should I start drinking it and how often I'm on CD 8 today and just took my last clomid pill:
#389 of 453 Old 05-26-2007, 11:56 PM

Congratulations Sarahn!!!

That's fantastic!
#390 of 453 Old 05-27-2007, 08:03 AM

Congrats Sarah! : : :

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page