#421 of 453 Old 05-29-2007, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
esmlranch: Congrats on Oing : :

mama_nym: I hope it was a +. : :

Welcome new mamas

Good Luck to everyone in the 2ww : :

I wish I could respond more but still sharing a computer with dh. I don't get much time online
FF says I'm 12dpo and I got a - hpt. I don't think I O'd when it said I did. I think I'm more like 5 or 6dpo. I'll wait a few more days and test again if af hasn't shown up.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#422 of 453 Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM

Oh I forgot, Esmlranch, Please move me to 2ww. Who knows what dpo I am, but I O'd.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#423 of 453 Old 05-29-2007, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
I can't wait to start charting again. I gave up a while ago because it was frustrating for me, but now it is frustrating form me to NOT know exactly what is going on....ugh...am I a control freak, or what??
Mama, I know exactly how you feel... but I'm too much of a control freak to put the thermometer away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
Just checking in, I'm on cd 5 and af is almost gone. Going to start the bd again soon. I was so frustrated when af showed up that I told my dh that I wasn't breastfeeding any more, that I quit. It lasted about an hour. Hayley wanted milk and I couldn't refuse her. Oh well, I guess a bfp will happen sooner or later. I am just sooo impatient.

Jen
Jen, I have been there too! Though for me, it's not only on AF's arrival, but also when DS wants to nurse all night. I hope your comes soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
hi ladies i have a question ebf my son who is 10 months and well i want to have another baby but not ready to wean now or anytime soon

when will my period come? and how can i get my period to come without weaning?

ayah
Ayah! Most of us are in the same situation - wanting another but certainly not willing to wean to try to make it happen. I hope AF returns for you soon, or better yet, that you catch the first egg and don't see AF at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoHHH View Post
Hi mamas! Can I join up? DH and I are hoping that we'll catch the first PP eggie. I know we have virtually no chance right now, but a girl can hope, right? My DD still nurses every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours during the night. Shoot - GTG, awake baby!

ETA: I haven't had a PPAF yet. I haven't been temping either because I don't get that much consecutive sleep. I did have a good period of EWCF followed by a dry up about a week ago... and we BD'd then Don't think I actually o'd though.

Do other mamas here feel frustrated by the fact that they have friends getting pregnant again already? I LOVE nursing my DD and would never, ever think of weaning her to get pregnant... but I am jealous of the moms I know who are getting pregnant at 8, 9, 10 months PP.
mama! I am so totally frustrated by this. I have friends left right and center popping up pregnant again - and what is hardest for me is that most of them weren't trying or even planning on it. I'm still over the moon for them, but it's hard not to be a little jealous... and very frustrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Well, I'm putting the thermometer away. I got a coverline so I'm leaving it at that. I'd be VERY surprised if we got pregnant this cycle with the way things worked out, so I'm not even going to bother with the temping effort for the rest of the cycle. But AF is do on or around my birthday (the 10th) so at least I can't forget when I expect her to show. *roll eyes*
WTG mama! I am too obsessed to put my thermometer away : I think I am so obsessed because the month we conceived DS I didn't chart properly so now I *need* to have a perfect chart :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
Long story short- up early, poas, my youngest woke up, had to nurse him down (took more than 5 min!!) came back to find an INCREDIBLY faint line, most likely evap line on the test. So....going to the store in about an hour and a half to get another pg test. I'm feeling fine today - drank LOTS of water last night ...so I'm assuming it's a UTI and will get some cranberry juice or capsules while I"m out this morning as well!
Mama_nym, did you POAS again yet? I keep checking back and waiting to post... but you still haven't updated so I am posting while DS is napping! : for a !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelene22 View Post
Wow - this is a long thread! I thought I read I needed to put updates in bold so I am bolding this part so someone will see that I would like to be added to the ranks.

Anyway, someone pointed me in the direction of this post, so I thought I would see if I could get my name added. I guess I would fit into the "waiting to be ready" section.

I suffered a uterine rupture during my DS's birth and just got the green light last Thursday that another pregnancy is advisable. I am over the moon at that great news! H is a little apprehensive because the trauma of our first birth is something he never wants to go through again and I am still at risk even though I would be carefully watched and monitored this time around.

But as soon as he's on board I want to start trying ASAP! I am still not ovulating regularly - got my first PP period at 15 weeks PP but I have only ovulated twice since then (DS is 14 months old) - but I am thinking of cutting down to one pump session per day at work and am hoping I will become more regular with time. We nurse 8+ times per day and my doc says my cycles are pretty good considering that frequency.

Good luck to everyone!
mama! I am so sorry to hear that you had such a rough experience with your DS and am so happy you've been given the go ahead to conceive again. I hope your DH is on board quickly. Is he the type that would benefit from a long chat with your doctor or from research you come up with on the net? Do they know what caused the rupture? (Sorry if I am being nosey). I hope your cycles even out again and you start ovulating regularly!

Well CD17, no +OPK for me yet, I'm testing twice a day and just hope that I will see a +! I know they can be all screwy with BFing so we shall see... meanwhile I am annoyed cause we didn't DTD yesterday and we're aiming for EOD until a +opk... but there's always today

Oh, so here is something I am curious about - have any of you mamas heard much about lunaception or tried it? A very brief rundown for those who don't know: Our menstrual cycles are supposed to be in alignment with the lunar cycle, so it is suggested if you sleep in complete darkness Cd1-13, then with a light on 14-16 and then back to darkness again, that the light will act like the full moon and convince your body to ovulate...
Since we've had DS we sleep with the bathroom light on, which is right next to me, and I wonder if sleeping in total darkness would help with my ambivalent CM and maybe regulate my cycles and bring my O date earlier (cause cd20 sucks, and cd 14 or even 16 would probably equate to an entire extra cycle within a year of ttc)... I think it can take a few months and I am hoping to be pregnant again very soon but I may consider trying it after baby #2...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#424 of 453 Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Wow - this is a long thread! I thought I read I needed to put updates in bold so I am bolding this part so someone will see that I would like to be added to the ranks.

Anyway, someone pointed me in the direction of this post, so I thought I would see if I could get my name added. I guess I would fit into the "waiting to be ready" section.

I suffered a uterine rupture during my DS's birth and just got the green light last Thursday that another pregnancy is advisable. I am over the moon at that great news! H is a little apprehensive because the trauma of our first birth is something he never wants to go through again and I am still at risk even though I would be carefully watched and monitored this time around.

But as soon as he's on board I want to start trying ASAP! I am still not ovulating regularly - got my first PP period at 15 weeks PP but I have only ovulated twice since then (DS is 14 months old) - but I am thinking of cutting down to one pump session per day at work and am hoping I will become more regular with time. We nurse 8+ times per day and my doc says my cycles are pretty good considering that frequency.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome! This thread is great How scary about the uterine rupture, that is my biggest fear with #2 since I had a c-section with DD. I'm glad you got the greenlight to go for #2!

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#425 of 453 Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 PM

Wha-hoo all you oing gals!!!

New mamas... Hope your stay is short.

Well, CD9 for me and I definitely think I will o early this time around. I'm aching in both ovary areas pretty strongly. I've never really had "for sure" o pains before, but I think these are them. I took an OPK from the Dollar Mart today just to check and there was a faint line. That happened when I used them before a few days before o, but not after. So, :! I got 8 free OPKs from my doc so I'll go ahead and start using them. She said not to until CD12, but I want to make sure. I'd rather not use Clomid again, and I really don't want to up the dose. It made me kind of sick, dizzy, and pretty moody.

I can't find my cervix... so I can't use my Conception Kit because I wouldn't be able to place the cervical cap. I was kind of interested in using that. It came with Pre-seed too, so that's great. I picked up some Green Tea today with Gogi Berries for CM. : : :

rooting for you - AmandaMarie and mama_nym !!!!

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#426 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 12:18 AM

Just checking in. CD 13, waiting to O. This is my first month taking temps and the control freak in me is rearing her ugly head :. I had never before worried about the idea that I might not be O'ing, but now I am obsessed with it. Gotta relax, methinks. No EWM at all yet .

I must say, ttc the second time around is a bit less fun than first time around. Had way more energy to get motivated to DTD every day when I didn't have a kid hanging off of me all day :.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#427 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

I know the "baby jealousy" feeling. That can be so hard. 2 of ds's little buddies from play group will be bringing their little baby sibling with them to his party. Of course I am totally happy for the new mama's, but can't help wishing I would have my turn already! Then I have to kick myself and remember that things will happen in their own time and things happen at certain times for a reason.

Mamanym you are mia! How could you leave us in such suspense?

Joelene That is very sweet that you have such a loving and concerned husband. I hope that he is on board the baby train soon! Good luck!

Amandamarie GL! :

Brooke I have been reading about Lunaception and have considered trying it. I got as far as to turn off all the extraneous lights that are on at night. We live in an area that does not have a lot of lights at night so I was just going to try some natural moonlight and see if that helped. If I do not conceive this cycle I may try to darken things up a bit, although it seems like it would probably be easier in the winter when it is naturally darker out. Seems like it is an inexpensive, non-invasive method to try and I don't think it could do any harm!

Eastky I am rooting for you for this cycle! : GL with oing.

Thank you all so much for your support! I am feeling more cautious about my situation today. I can't totally get my hopes up because the letdown would be too much! This morning my temp was down again, but not below the coverline, so ff did not remove the cross hairs. I just have to remember that ff is just a computer program and just because it says I o'd does not mean that I necessarily did. I did have some other signs, but my temps are up and down and a little crazy so who knows?
I tell myself that all day long, but guess what I am really thinking all day? You know it! "I wonder what is happening inside my body? Is there a baby being created in there?" It is so hard not to just tell people, "Hey, I think I finally o'd" because I am so excited about the prospect. Well, thank goodness ya'll are here so I don't become the crazy yoga lady talking about ovulation!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189415

Still : for those high temps in the am!
#428 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Sorry - dh let me sleep in - I was absolutely MISERABLE yesterday and went to the doc- bladder infection. He inquired about the possibility of me being pregnant and I told him there was a good possibility, so he put me on macrobid (I'm allergic to pennicillin) which is the safest thing he could find that I'm not allergic to or have an adverse reaction to (thanks to all the antibiotics I had as a child). Good thing, too, because I got my this morning on both a $Tree test and a digital test!!! I'm SO excited and it's driving me nuts not being able to express it because of the raging headache I have from the macrobid and the fact that I still feel horrible (I am doing better, though). Praying for a baby!!!

I've been ttc for 9 months now and am still in a bit of shock! We were actually taking a break from ttc this month because it was all stressing me out!!!

Now...how to tell dh???
#429 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 02:42 PM

::::: YEAH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#430 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 PM

Hey girls Just wanted to say hi I'm on CD12

Mama Nym Congrats: : : : : : : : : :
#431 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Good thing, too, because I got my this morning on both a $Tree test and a digital test!!! I'm SO excited and it's driving me nuts not being able to express it because of the raging headache I have from the macrobid and the fact that I still feel horrible (I am doing better, though). Praying for a baby!!!

I've been ttc for 9 months now and am still in a bit of shock! We were actually taking a break from ttc this month because it was all stressing me out!!!

Now...how to tell dh???
: : : :

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#432 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 03:25 PM

Congrats Mama Nym!!!!

No O yet and am really hoping it happens today or tomorrow . . . CD14 today. My cycles are usually only 25 or 26 days do I am getting a bit anxious. I miss the days when I had a 28 day, very predictible O, cycle.

If it turns out I am not O'ing I have to admit I'll have some difficult decisions to make. DS is 2.5. Ideally I'd like to have him self wean, but . . . well, you know what I mean. If I don't O this cycle I think I will try to cut out a few nursing sessions and see how DS deals with it . . he's still nursing 8 times a day or so.

Amy
#433 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Congrats Mama_Nym : : : :
I hope your bladder infection goes away quickly

#434 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Congratulations Mama Nym! THat is fantastic news. What a lovely triphasic chart you have, too, btw.

You could always wrap up the positive pregnancy test and give it to dh for father's day. Altho, that is still a ways off, I guess.
#435 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
Congrats Mama Nym!!!!

No O yet and am really hoping it happens today or tomorrow . . . CD14 today. My cycles are usually only 25 or 26 days do I am getting a bit anxious. I miss the days when I had a 28 day, very predictible O, cycle.

If it turns out I am not O'ing I have to admit I'll have some difficult decisions to make. DS is 2.5. Ideally I'd like to have him self wean, but . . . well, you know what I mean. If I don't O this cycle I think I will try to cut out a few nursing sessions and see how DS deals with it . . he's still nursing 8 times a day or so.
I hear you -- DD is 26 months and she still nurses a ton too.

However, I had my first cycle under 70 days!!! AF came on Monday -- day 36!! I'll have to start seriously charting now!

Congrats to everyone with great news this month too!!
#436 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
:

Well, thank goodness ya'll are here so I don't become the crazy yoga lady talking about ovulation!

I think that I might have freaked out some other women in a playgoup today with my rambling on about this stuff!!
#437 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 PM

Just checking in!

Congrats to all the new expecting mamas!!!!

I am 7dpo, and trying to decide how early to test. Every few hours on and off today, I have been wondering if I am starting to feel symptoms yet. It's funny how you can mentally convince yourself of things that aren't even happening: .

When do all of you mamas think is a good time to test? Just wait the full cycle till AF should start, or days before you would even be expecting AF? Do you just go with your gut each new month?
#438 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM

I'm on cd 7 and for the first time in a looooong time had really obvious ewcm.
There was no doubt about this stuff. I hope this is a good sign.

Congrats to the bfp's
#439 of 453 Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
Just checking in!

Congrats to all the new expecting mamas!!!!

I am 7dpo, and trying to decide how early to test. Every few hours on and off today, I have been wondering if I am starting to feel symptoms yet. It's funny how you can mentally convince yourself of things that aren't even happening: .

When do all of you mamas think is a good time to test? Just wait the full cycle till AF should start, or days before you would even be expecting AF? Do you just go with your gut each new month?
I would at least wait till 10DPO or if you can hold out till 14DPO thats best because it might just not show up till later.
#440 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Now...how to tell dh???
: : : :
Congrats MamaNym!!!!!!
Hope you feel better so you can celebrate!

[QUOTE=attached2mason;8256439If it turns out I am not O'ing I have to admit I'll have some difficult decisions to make. DS is 2.5. Ideally I'd like to have him self wean, but . . . well, you know what I mean. If I don't O this cycle I think I will try to cut out a few nursing sessions and see how DS deals with it . . he's still nursing 8 times a day or so.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. It is such a tough decision. My DS is just turning 2, but dh would really like to get pg even if it means weaning ds. I had him talked into waiting until ds was at least 2. So something better happen here, because neither one of us is ready to wean! I am cutting out that 2 am feeding and am hoping with summer weather he will just be too busy to nurse much.......... I am very afraid that I will wean ds and still have difficulty getting pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
However, I had my first cycle under 70 days!!! AF came on Monday -- day 36!! I'll have to start seriously charting now!
: that's awesome! Good luck with charting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post

Isn't it funny how all of a sudden you feel all these "symptoms". A person could drive themselves insane! I have a hard time waiting to POAS. I suppose that realistically you would not expect a + test until a couple days before AF was due...................but those tests just call you, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
I'm on cd 7 and for the first time in a looooong time had really obvious ewcm.
There was no doubt about this stuff. I hope this is a good sign.
: Congrats, I hope so too! I think it is probably a great sign. : Go catch that egg!

As for me................I am much less optomistic today. This mornings temp was below my coverline. FF kept the cross hairs, but I am wondering what is really going on with my body.: I am just hoping that my temp goes back up and stays up. Realistically, chances are slim. But, the very hopeful woman inside who wants to be pg more than anything in the world is thinking, "implantation dip?" Yeah, right. DH is so cute, he keeps coming up and rubbing my belly. Every morning he asks, "was your temp up?" DS is even being supportive, yesterday and today he was talking about the baby in my belly, maybe he knows something we don't?
I am totally exhausted today- I am sure that is a pg symptom! I am also having major headaches, but that is caffeine withdrawl, I am sure since I cut out the green tea and coffee.

#441 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Well ladies, I have sent the grand list off to Bella Catalina, next month's threadkeeper. Please save any requests for the list until the June thread.
It has been a pleasure being threadkeeper!
Mamanym I did not know if you were ready to be added to success stories yet. You can let BellaCatalina know if you would like to be on the May or June list and when you feel ready to be graduated!
#442 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:38 AM

Thanks anthasam and Elaina . . . good to know there are others dealing with the 2 year old nursling dilemma as well.

We'll see how it goes . . . I think I may have had some O pains this afternoon, so here's hoping temp jumps tomorrow

Amy
#443 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:39 AM

: Congrats Mama Nym :

Can I ask a favor???

Can someone PM directions to link to my FF chart in siggy using the chart icon?? It would be very much appreciated!

As for me....I never knew 2 weeks could be so long!! I'm 7DPO, not really feeling much different but analyzing every little thing! You mamas know how it is!!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#444 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

My temp is up this am. In fact, this is the highest temp I think I have ever recorded. : : :

#445 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 11:24 AM

CONGRATS MAMANYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am beyond ecstatic for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you!!!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#446 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 AM

Your chart is looking great, Elaina. I'm crossing my fingers for you. My chart is all over the place with temps, I think mostly because of DD's voracious night nursing. I am so frustrated with it! I mean, one or two, or even three night nursings I could deal with, but 5 or 6 or more is getting out of hand for a 25 month old, isn't it? And I have tried telling her no "meh-meh"(her name for it), "meh-meh" is nite-nite, etc. This just leads to all out screaming tantrums with no end in sight. I am starting to think of just giving up on trying anymore, and accepting that 2 children is all I'm meant to have. I am 38 years old, after all, and not wanting to wait much longer before having a third. Anyway, sorry to vent here, but no one else understands like you all do. Hope everyone's having a great, fertile day!
#447 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Yay for high temps, Elaina!!!!

Steph . . . sorry to hear about the constant night nursing. It is so hard at that age . . . you want to give them what they need but it gets far harder to not be frustrated by it, especially when TTC . Mine nurses far less often at night, which has been very nice, but instead he nurses for up to 2 hours around 5 or 6 am! ACK!

No temp spike again today . My FF calendar now shows 8 green days in a row - um . . .I don't think so, . I am getting a bit freaked out . . . and getting very impatient. Sorry, I know I sound ridiculous since this is only my first month of charting and second month of charting . . . many of you have been waiting for your BFP far longer . . . the possibility that I may not be o'ing just really freaks me out, kwim?

Anyway, I'm on CD15 - of 26 days - trying to relax.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a70e2

Amy
#448 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 12:51 PM

mama_nym - YAY!!!!! : : I'm on month 10 myself, so I know how unreal and excited you must feel!!!
- hope you feel better soon.

Whoo-hoo!! oing mamas.

I'm : with the worst sinus something or another I've ever had. It sucks. Right around o time too. I think I'm going to have to break down and take something for relief. I just hope this doesn't ruin the month for me.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#449 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
:mama! I am so sorry to hear that you had such a rough experience with your DS and am so happy you've been given the go ahead to conceive again. I hope your DH is on board quickly. Is he the type that would benefit from a long chat with your doctor or from research you come up with on the net? Do they know what caused the rupture? (Sorry if I am being nosey). I hope your cycles even out again and you start ovulating regularly!
I think H's problem is that he just keeps replaying the three days of my labor ending with the complicated c-section, rupture, baby in the NICU, months of healing and physical therapy, etc. in his head and is convinced another baby would equal all those things again. The fact that another pregnancy would be risky and there is a chance the baby would be in the NICU again doesn't give me much ground to guarantee him smooth sailing, you know? Even though it would be so much less complicated than the first time, it's still a risk and he can't seem to get past that right now.

I don't think you are nosey. Ruptures are not too common (thank God!) and I would be curious too. My uterus tore open and through my cervix when they made the incision for my section. It was stretched so thin from the baby being so low for so long - it was a true case of cephalopelvic disproportion - I had labored for 60 hours and pushed for more than an hour before we hit emergency status and he was taken. To prevent it from happening again, I will be watched very carefully for any sign whatsoever of contractions and hopefully I could make it to at least 37 weeks without any. I'll have an amnio to see if the baby's lungs are ok and another c-section as soon as they are. If my cervix won't hold as my pregnancy progresses, I will also have a cerclage. It's nuts how my plans for my beautiful unmedicated birth have turned into this, but I am just so happy to be able to carry another baby that I try not to care. I am grateful to have my first son.
#450 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I think H's problem is that he just keeps replaying the three days of my labor ending with the complicated c-section, rupture, baby in the NICU, months of healing and physical therapy, etc. in his head and is convinced another baby would equal all those things again. The fact that another pregnancy would be risky and there is a chance the baby would be in the NICU again doesn't give me much ground to guarantee him smooth sailing, you know? Even though it would be so much less complicated than the first time, it's still a risk and he can't seem to get past that right now.

I don't think you are nosey. Ruptures are not too common (thank God!) and I would be curious too. My uterus tore open and through my cervix when they made the incision for my section. It was stretched so thin from the baby being so low for so long - it was a true case of cephalopelvic disproportion - I had labored for 60 hours and pushed for more than an hour before we hit emergency status and he was taken. To prevent it from happening again, I will be watched very carefully for any sign whatsoever of contractions and hopefully I could make it to at least 37 weeks without any. I'll have an amnio to see if the baby's lungs are ok and another c-section as soon as they are. If my cervix won't hold as my pregnancy progresses, I will also have a cerclage. It's nuts how my plans for my beautiful unmedicated birth have turned into this, but I am just so happy to be able to carry another baby that I try not to care. I am grateful to have my first son.
Mama, thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so glad you and your little one are healthy and happy. I'm not very good at articulating myself right now, but this is my best attempt and I hope you can see what I mean, when I say that, although I am so sorry that this happened to you, hearing a story of a true emergency and need for a cesarean for a true case of CPD puts my faith back in doctors, because all too often I hear stories of doctors who are quick to choose a scalpel because they are worried over malpractice suits or because a labor is not progressing as they think it should.

That said, I really pray that your DH finds his path to peace with another pregnancy and birth very soon, and for patience for you in the meantime as you wait for him to be ready

Okay mamas, June thread is up! Please post in the new thread.

June thread

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page