Nursing Mamas TTC in May.....Join Us!! - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Mama, thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so glad you and your little one are healthy and happy. I'm not very good at articulating myself right now, but this is my best attempt and I hope you can see what I mean, when I say that, although I am so sorry that this happened to you, hearing a story of a true emergency and need for a cesarean for a true case of CPD puts my faith back in doctors, because all too often I hear stories of doctors who are quick to choose a scalpel because they are worried over malpractice suits or because a labor is not progressing as they think it should.

That said, I really pray that your DH finds his path to peace with another pregnancy and birth very soon, and for patience for you in the meantime as you wait for him to be ready
Thank you. I hope I can be patient with him too.

The OB wanted to do a section on the 24 hour mark almost to the minute and I refused. I actually asked my midwives not to let him back in the room because he and I had words over it. They did the rest of the OB consults in the hall until the very end when the OB who did my surgery came to talk to us about all the things that were going wrong with both of us. I know my son is ok now and no one could have known then that I would have CPD, but I still beat myself up over the decisions I made. I guess the guilt is normal when things don't go well. I sometimes wonder if my guilt would be more or less if I had just agreed to that "failure to progress" section at 24 hours. We would not have had the complications we ended up with. But had my pelvis expanded I would have given birth vaginally and we might not have had the complications either.

Oh well. Woulda shoula coulda. I could do that all day.
#452 of 453 Old 05-31-2007, 04:23 PM

I posted to this thread earlier this month I think. I was having a cycle that wasn't going anywhere-no O or AF in site and lots of spotting. I got frustrated and quit temping because my temps were all over the place. I thought it was because of cosleeping and nursing, but now I think I just wasn't going to O that cycle. I had to end the cycle with hormone pills and then starting using OPK for the new cycle. When I was ttc dd I had a anovulatory cycle and then a cycle where I o'd super early (for me, I usually O late). So this time I thought I would catch it by using OPK early. I had been using them for 3 weeks straight with no positive. But then yesterday I started spotting. I first thought it was more crazy mid cycle spotting and I was going to have to go to the dr, but now I think it is AF and I o'd even before I started the OPK. The math works out perfectly that way. I'm happy about that because now I'll start temping again and maybe this cycle won't be so crazy.

I haven't been posting, but I have been reading everyone else's posts. I really find it inspiring and supportive that everyone is having similar issues. My irl friends aren't nursing anymore and it seems like people are starting to get pregnant again. I love reading that other people have trouble temping and cosleeping (not that I want everyone to have trouble, but it makes me feel less crazy!) I love hearing about BFPS too!
#453 of 453 Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
jmo

hey mamas, just wanted to pop in and say I FINALLY got my ppaf! 21 mos and 2 days pp! I have no cramps and it's not even very heavy. Incredibly easy. I have family visiting from out of town so I'm super behind on posts. Hope there's lots of bfps!

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page