Nursing Mamas TTC in May.....Join Us!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 453 Old 05-06-2007, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just checking in here I'm on CD70 and still nothing. ERRR anyway I was suppose to go to the OB on fri but I got called into work and so Wed is the wonderfull day. Wish me luck.

Still debating if I should take a test because last cycle was 52 days hmm I dont know:
#62 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
I had a 20 day cycle with a 6 day lp. I have no idea what is going on with me - I went from 40-50 day cycles to a 27 day cycle with a 3 day lp to a 20 day cycle with a 6 day lp. AAARRGH!
oh mama nym. i'm so sorry! i hope thing even out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Sarahn - gearing up to o yet? We used to be on the same cycle.... Hope it's going good for you!
hey eastky, i've been wondering about you. i am gearing up to o. probably within the next 5 days. i've been really sick though so i hope that doesn't screw it up. i really hope you can get started on a new cycle soon. it is really hard when those things happen. i hope you hear from your doc soon and hopefully get some answers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Hey all I have a ? if anyone can help I started taking fenugreek yesterday to try and up my supply and anyways I had had 3 days of ewcm and then yesterday afternoon it turned sticky and my cp droped and close so I am pretty sure I O'ed yesterday anyways my ? is can fenugreek cause you to have ewcm? Now dh and I dtd yesterday morning so could that be what I am seeing rather than actual ewcm? I am confused bc my cp is still rather low and closed so why do I have ewcm?
it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility that the fenugreek could cause that. i do want to say that fenugreek is contrained in pregnancy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Feeling crappy today and exhausted. I'm having weird pains on my right side. Nothing like period cramps. TMI - It almost feels like it could be something with my bowels, but it's more in the ovary area. I really don't think it is o pains - just not that kind of pain. It hurts when I walk around and if I sit down the impact hurts. Weird. Still no AF. I'm wondering if I should test soon again. I got pregnant with DD without having a period. I don't think that's the case here though. I'm afraid my health is going haywire. :
i hope this means something is going to happen!! i suppose it couldn't hurt to test. it may help put your mind at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post
Question - I am 8dpo, and today I woke up to find fertile cm. It's continued through this evening, though not as much. And I also has a little bit of cramping (it really more of an ache) and a lower backache this evening, but it stopped after I sat down. Possible implantation? Maybe I missed my O date? I lost the willpower lol... now I've checked ff 2-3 X's today to see if I missed something. Ugh... I don't know what to think, but I do know I'm not missing the opportunity.... if you know what I mean.
it could be either. i hope it is the first option!!!!

to all the new mamas. sorry there are so many right now i didn't have time to go through everyone! i hope you all have short stays here!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#63 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Thanks for the welcomes! You can put me in Limbo until I figure out wth is up with this cycle.
Welcome mama! I hope this cycle works itself out and your stay is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
I am still waiting LOL hopefully I will O in the next couple of days I forgot to use my opk's yesterday till like 4pm but even then I only had a drop of pee so I don't think it was enough bc I had less of a line than yesterday. Anyways my temp is back to normal today and I feel much better
Glad you're feeling better ellymay! I hope an egg drops for you soon. It's frustrating when you're waiting to O and it just seems like it isn't ever going to happen. Anything yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulupetalz View Post
I've been TTC while breastfeeding a 13 mos old and I find that it isn't always clear how to categorize my CM. It isn't as clear as it was before I was nursing. I don't really have many dry days and a lot of times it LOOKS similar to EWCM, but it doesn't stretch as much. What would you classify that as?
I get the same sort as you. I have a few days of "True" EWCM but often before and after I will have days of that same CM you described. I have rarely had dry days at all since around 4/5mths PP... it seems to be settling again, but nothing close to the easily classified CM of days pre-pg! I call that creamy, sometimes I even ignore it altogether, but shhhh, don't tell anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWillow View Post
I am pretty new to the Mothering Community but I wanted to join this thread. My husband and I have two little girls a 3 year old and a 21 month old both of which are still nursing. We have decided to start trying for another baby. I have not been on any birth control in many years so that should not be a prob. I am not charting as of yet because fertility has not really been an issue ( my second baby caught my first ovulation, I never even got a period in between) Sometimes I think I am crazy because I am still nursing 2 children and am a bit scared about what I will do about that when baby gets here. But I guess alot can change from now till then. I love being pregnant and cant wait for that but I am also a doula and dont know how having another baby will affect my work. With all of my concerns though I know that having another baby is what is right for me and my family. We will see what happens from here. Good luck to all those who are ttc.
Welcome, mama! i hope your stay is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnutmama View Post

Do you mind if I join you?

I'm Melissa, mommy of 3 girls. Our youngest is 22 months and still nursing. I got my 1st ppaf in December. We've decided to TTC #4. I'm on CD13 today and waiting to O.

Wish us luck!

:
Welcome Melissa, jump right in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Just checking in here I'm on CD70 and still nothing. ERRR anyway I was suppose to go to the OB on fri but I got called into work and so Wed is the wonderfull day. Wish me luck.

Still debating if I should take a test because last cycle was 52 days hmm I dont know:
I'm so sorry about your kitty, surro! I have always had cats and no matter how many I have lost it never gets easier. They are part of the family.

If you can afford to use a test then go ahead and use one... if you can hold out until Wednesday then I am sure you will have the opportunity to use one at the OBs!!

As for me, I O'ed!!! Yay! Pre-pg normal was between CD17-20, and this cycle was CD20. The one before I started B6 was CD19, then, go figure, the two cycles I took B6 were 23 and 24... So anyway, I am trusting my intuition here and I really feel like the B6 was having a negative effect on my body. Guess we'll see....

Can I please be moved to 2ww? Thanks mama!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#64 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Lady Willow! Holy Cow!! You could be nursing 3? I wish you the best of luck, but I will be jealous if you can nurse 2 and get pg when I can't even get pg while nursing 1.
Would you like to be added to the list?

ellymay I have read and experienced that semen does indeed mimic ewcf.

eastky Hope you are feeling better.

Madis Don't miss that opportunity! It is so difficult to figure out our bodies sometimes.

Melissa. Good Luck!!

Brooke I'll move you with pleasure and : for you.
#65 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

I am trying to update our lists for accuracy and removed several names from 2ww and if you were on more than one place I removed you from one using my best educated guess. I apologize in advance if you are now removed or are in the wrong place. Please let me know if you would like to be placed back on the list and I will be happy to comply.
#66 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 03:28 AM

Hello ladies, I hope it's ok to jump in like this but if it's ok I would love to join My name is Mary i'm 30 this month (sigh)
I am BF my 17 month old and have been ttc basically since she was born.
I got my first PPAF when my DD was 12 months and have had af up to March and now it's stopped again.

I am looking for some advice on what is good to kick start my cycle again and one of you kind gals already recommended Vitex. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully seeing all of us get our BFP's

Mary
#67 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 10:32 AM

oh good grief, of all the months to actually O at a reasonable time (read before cd 20) this was NOT the month!! My dh has had poison ivy and I am very allergic so we weren't bd last week. Then the last few days I have been really sick and bd is not in the picture for me. Well I had NO signs of O, no cm or anything. But I have had 3 high temps now.....I may have Oed on cd 16 which I would normally be happy about but no bding to cover that! I am getting dotted cross hairs because it is so early for me and I didn't have any fertile cm. I am hoping that I may have been running a tiny little fever with this illness and my temps will drop again but I just don't know. So if I have Oed this cycle, is a bust. crap!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#68 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Nursing 3 is what scares me most about getting pregnant now. I am not sure I can or want to nurse 3: , and I really hope the other 2 will understand that a baby needs a lot of nursing and that I cant nurse them everytime the baby nurses. I also dont want 3 in diapers but my oldest will be 4 by the time we get pregnant and have a baby so I really hope that she is potty trained by then
#69 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Should I go ahead and test again? It's something like CD53. I have sore nips, but DD is nursing pretty frequent and very hard. I got preggo with DD during amenorrhea without having a period. I guess there could be a chance, and if I am I need to stop the vitex. What do you think?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#70 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 PM

eastkygal- Ummm, being a serious POAS-aholic, I'd say test again. Can't hurt, right?

I'm calling myself out for this cycle. I've pretty much realized the past few days that the odds are stacked against me. Did anyone else have a hard time TTC DC#1 (or their "current" nursling)? It took us a year and a half (and 2 miscarriages) to get and stay pregnant with DD. I feel like combining that with nursing & long cycles that I might as well expect it to take that long or longer. No, longer. Because if TTC DD was with regular 30-34 day cycles, then having 42-85 day cycles is going to multiply the ridiculously.

I hope that doesn't sound like a pity party...it's not at all...just me trying to be realistic with myself. I will admit I get really bummed thinking about the fact that even though technically we've only been ABLE to conceive for 3 cycles now (over about 6 months), we've been WANTING to concieve again for about 13-14.

I guess I'm just left wondering today (as my temp dropped at the "right" time for me to be expecting AF within the next couple days) if I should even bother with the vitex next cycle. Part of me wants to attempt to get my cycles regular again, at least, but the other part of me doesn't want to put any effort into something that's most likely not going to happen anytime soon anyway.

And also, I've NEVER been one to pick and choose when I want to have my babies (it's never mattered...I know the struggle of getting the baby in the first place so I wouldn't dare have a "preference"). But lately I've been feeling kinda down at the possibility of getting pregnant next cycle (highly unlikely, but it still crosses my mind) and being due with #2 around DD's birthday. Maybe it's just because I hoped to be pregnant long ago and didn't expect this to be a possibility...or maybe it's just because I know we'll get tons of negative comments about how we aren't letting DD have her "special day" to her self or whatever. I don't know. Does anyone else KWIM? Because I think it's quite pathetic that I think that...it doesn't make me NOT want to be pregnant or anything.

BTW- another vitex question for you gals- did it affect your AF? (lighter/heavier/longer/shorter) Just wondering, because I already have crappy enough AF's as it is...and if it may make them worse, I don't think I'll do it.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#71 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 12:12 PM

eastkygal I would test if you have the $ too just to make sure

I think I'm just going to wait till Wed to test. I don't think I'm prego but it is CD71 today. I have a test but don't really want to see the BFN. Hmm I don't know.
#72 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM

eastky, test away!

surro, I kwym about not wanting to see a BFN, but at this point, I'd just like to get to 10dpo so I CAN rationalize POAS lol. I hope you can decide easily

Elaina, thanks for moving me!

1babysmom, I have two brothers, we're all 2 years apart. I am July 9, younger brother is July 18, then youngest is June 4. We all have close birthdays and it was kind of cool growing up. I do understand the being unsure about how ideal it is to have birthdays so close. Adrian is 13 mths now and we've been ttc since he was 7 or 8mths. It's also coming close to the possibility of another April baby, and I am a little concerned about that. Less concerned than having a Christmas baby, but I also know I am not in control and this will happen in God's time, not mine. We had no struggles ttc DS, but I have some very close IF friends so I also try to keep it in perspective, because a blessing is a blessing no matter when he or she arrives. Sometimes I just want it to happen yesterday, lol, but I try to be patient. I hope your ttc journey is a short one this time around.

As for the vitex, it takes a few months (at least) to build up in your system. I think I may be headed down that road in the next couple of months as well. Obviously it is up to you, but what do you have to lose by trying it? You will never know unless you try it. It may not do anything, but if you're expecting conception to take a long time anyway... you get my drift. The vitex may just even out your cycles for you, and at the very least, that means you'll have a better chance at predicting O and not getting over trying to catch it before it happens... Feel free to ignore my rambling

Well, woohoo, I got my 3 red temps today, so O has been confirmed I am so excited, I feel stupid. I really feel that the B6 was delaying O (though I know it isn't supposed to change O) and doing nothing for my LP. I am expecting AF to show again in 3 days, but I am okay with that, because at least I got my egg. I was getting so frustrated with the delayed O, and it is stupid because it was only 4-5 days later than normal, but that window was enough to have me worn out from worrying about not getting enough coverage. Lol, ask me in 3 days if I'll still be okay with AF showing!

#73 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Just checking in. I'm just going to bd every damn day this month as I missed my o date completely the past couple of cycles. I'm temping, checking my cervix and monitoring cm so hopefully this will be my month.

Jen
#74 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Hi Mamas!!!

eastkygal - Test! Test! (OK...so I'm a POASaholic : )

LadyWillow - I have nursed three (my first three were born within 3.5 years) and it was actually a wonderful experience. I'm happy it worked out that way - because I've heard from many other mothers who are nursing three that it does take a toll. I spent the entire pregnancy talking to the two older children about how when the baby came, the baby got to nurse first because nursing is baby's only food and that they get to eat so many other foods, and that they'd have to take turns, etc. What really helped was that baby had her "side" (left breast) and the two older nurslings shared their "side" (right breast). They were able to understand that babies don't know how to share, so they had to set the example by sharing their side. It worked wonderfully! I wish you well on your ttc and breastfeeding journey - I hope you figure out what will work for you and your family!

I'm not sure if I'm ttc this month or not - but will definitely be temping and charting because I really need to know if I'm o'ing and how long my lp is - if my cycle continues to be very screwy, I may get more testing done. It went from 40-50 days to 27, to 20, so something has to be up!

~mama nym~
#75 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Hi mamas!! I've been lurking here on and off for a while : , waiting until my first PPAF before taking the TTC plunge! It arrived this morning, so... (never thought I would be about AF arriving!! .) We'll probably start TTC#2 in August, since we're aiming for an early summer babe to help us out with the academic year... so put me down for "waiting to be ready." I'm a charting newbie, too, so will need some help there too. Will my waking temp be accurate even if I'm still waking up pretty frequently at night? ds is 16 months, working on his last 2 teeth (canines, ugh), and nursing a ton at night. We're vaguely thinking about trying some gentle night weaning in the next couple months.

Looking forward to hanging out here and learning from y'all!!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#76 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
LadyWillow - I have nursed three (my first three were born within 3.5 years) and it was actually a wonderful experience. I'm happy it worked out that way - because I've heard from many other mothers who are nursing three that it does take a toll. I spent the entire pregnancy talking to the two older children about how when the baby came, the baby got to nurse first because nursing is baby's only food and that they get to eat so many other foods, and that they'd have to take turns, etc. What really helped was that baby had her "side" (left breast) and the two older nurslings shared their "side" (right breast). They were able to understand that babies don't know how to share, so they had to set the example by sharing their side. It worked wonderfully! I wish you well on your ttc and breastfeeding journey - I hope you figure out what will work for you and your family!

~mama nym~
WOW! What an experience. I'm not sure that I could do it. I've just got one and I really don't know how I'd nurse two, but I'll try if ttc works out and dd is still nursing.
#77 of 453 Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mary and Sarah! I hope your stay here is short.
Beanbean, would you like to be added to the list?
Xanadu congrats on ppaf. I hope you only see her once!

[B]Sarahn[B]

eastky test!! do you have any cheapies?

1babysmom I understand how frustrating ttc can be. I totally agree with what Brooke wrote, I was going to reply something along the same lines. I have given up hope on planning how far apart my babies are born and when. I have a friend who planned her 2 babies almost to the day. I guess I have to appreciate the surprise and novelty!

Jenangelcat: I hope it is your month!

I have been really cranky and headachy. Both early pregnancy signs with ds. I am considering poas. I have one in the closet. If I am not pg then my hormones are definitely out of control and maybe af is on the way finally?
#78 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 AM

can i join? my dd is 19 months old still nursing at least 10 timea day and we are ttc #2.
my cycles came back at 6 months pp and have been regular but i dont know if i am ovulating or not

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#79 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 AM

DH says he's ready, too!!!!

We were sitting and watching our DD and talking about how big she is getting. I mentioned that if we got pg now, she'd be 21 months old. Our original plan (yeah, like that works! ) was to start so she'd be no less than 24 months. But he said he's ready! We're gonna go for it!

I don't have too much hope yet, tho. It's my first month charting and I think it may take me a little to really get the hang of it. I also think it is a great opportunity to learn about my body.

I also wouldn't mind having a baby around DD's birthday, unlike 1babysmom. I like having a spring baby and wouldn't mind another! Hope that's what we get!

So please move me to Waiting to O !

: Good luck mamas! :

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#80 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm waiting for O. CD16--should be anytime now. I was : b/c DH fell asleep last night before we had a chance to BD. Ah well, guess I'll try to attack him tonight...

#81 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM

Welcome Ni!!! :

Any news eastky?

Linzie2 - how exciting that dh is on the same page as you as far as ttc goes! We were "waiting" until our second child was 4 before ttc our third child and our third child was born when our second was 23 months old!!!

Xanadu - Congrats on your first ppaf!!! I hope your ttc journey is short and sweet!
#82 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM

eastky where you hiding at :
#83 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Thanks mama nym

#84 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Man my body is wacky. Dh and I dtd last night and I had some bleeding. I usually have bleeding after O when bding but this is the first time before O. I NEVER had any bleeding before my ppaf and it seems to be worse since my m/c in Jan. Fortunately I have an appt. with my midwife on Thursday to get things checked out. Anyone else have this type of thing before? I need to hear good stories as I worry so much about things like this. I always think worst case scenario (ie Cervical Cancer! )

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#85 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Hi mamas, just a fly-by! 4dpo today and my skin is breaking out so I am expecting AF in the next few days. Bleh!

#86 of 453 Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 PM

: I made an appointment with my crunchy mama MD for the 17th. I'm thinking about doing a fast too to give things a kick start. Or, I could just give up trying to make things go differently.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#87 of 453 Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 AM

#88 of 453 Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

CounterGOPI Ni!! Good luck getting those eggs to drop!
Would you like to be added to the list? Where do you fit in?

Linzie2Congrats and : :

eastky I hope that your crunchy mama dr has some good information and insight for you.

Well, I did it. I tested this am and : I should have known. I think I am trying to will the second line to appear on the stupid test. I do not have any more in the closet and I will not be buying any just to keep from poas.
I am feeling better today but have been so out of sorts and feeling hormonal. Ya know, that "nothing is right and never will be right and everyone is on my last nerve" feeling? Plus headaches and fatigue. I can only hope that my body's hormonal system is kicking into gear.
: Please, please, please kick into gear. I am trying not to be stressed out about ttc, but I just am. I am so thankful for you mama's here on this forum because I know you understand where I am coming from. It seems like everyone IRL has the "perfect" solution. JUST WEAN DS. It makes me so when people suggest that so lightly.
Oh, you mean take away the thing my son wakes up to in the am and goes to sleep with at night? What he looks for as a source of comfort? What he thinks about all the time and loves? What I can use to prevent a tantrum, improve his mood, cure his owies? Obviously I am no more emotionally ready to wean than he is. I have no problem nursing him as long as he wants. I totally planned to tandem nurse. I can picture myself tandem nursing. The only thing I can do is sit and wait. THe worst part is not knowing how long it will take. Will it be in 2 months? 6? 1 year? 2 years? I assume that I will begin to ovulate at some point if I just wait.
It doesn't help that dh is feeling antsy about having another. He is supportive about ds continuing to nurse, but I am not sure to what point. He is definitely not feeling as strongly as I am about not weaning.
Sorry about the long rant. I am feeling especially stressed because in the next few weeks we all have bdays. Ds, dh, and my bday are all within 2 weeks of each other. We will all be a year older................tick tick tick................
thanks for being here.
#89 of 453 Old 05-09-2007, 08:24 AM

thanks! i guess im in the waiting to o category although acording to my OPK i should o today :

#90 of 453 Old 05-09-2007, 08:47 AM

Hey everyone! ~~~~~ LOTS OF BABY DUST~~~~~~~

I had my 2nd temp drop this am so that means I should I in the next 3-5 days!! YAY I should get my pos opk tomorrow if it goes like last cycle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page