Nursing Mamas TTC in May.....Join Us!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
As for me, CD1! Ugh. I started spotting late last night but still, what a crappy way to start Mother's Day! I eventually got over myself though, because Mother's Day should be a day to be thankful that I am a mother, rather than having a pity party because I'm not pregnant again yet!
That is difficult timing, I'm sorry! I hope you had a good day anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel81 View Post
No :.
I went to my OB for my annual and she offered to prescribe clomid. I said no because the risks to a nursing child are unknown. But I was really tempted to say yes I have to admit. The plan now is to wean at 2 years . I will be 32 and already have fertility problems, so we just don't feel we can wait for ds to self-wean. Tough, tough decision.
I don't know much about Clomid and have no personal experience but we have had a few graduates that had success with it. I just wanted to mention that so you don't feel guilty for wanting it. You don't have to totally rule it out if you don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Thought I'd check in mamas... Still no AF. I think I'm around CD70 now. Definitely no signs whatsoever of AF. I'm going to the Dr. on the 17th to get things checked out.
Oh Eastky, I'll be thinking of you. I hope your appointment goes well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
Hi Mamas!!! Just a quick check-in as life has once again gotten away from me. We're taking this month off of ttc to see what happens with this cycle, but I am temping because we want to know if my lp is improving at all (and knowing when af is coming is great!!!).
I hope you have a great LP and this break is rejuvinating for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
I am barely awake long enough to put the thermometer in my mouth, I doubt I'd manage anything more complex..lol.
Yeah, sometimes I fall asleep and it falls out and I have to start over! That said, it does sound like vaginal temping could be beneficial for you getting accurate temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Some of us want her to come...I just want her to stay away!
I hope you don't have to worry about anything next cycle because it doesn't come!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
This is Day 6 of Provera so Hopefully just a few more days then will show her nasty face.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneM View Post
I would like to join you DS is 27 months and still nursing. I took clomid to get pg with him - didn't O on 50mg or 100mg, but I did with 150mg and got pregnant. I had to take provera then to induce AF, but I've had 8 cycles in the past year since she showed up so I am glad to see something going on at least. I've pretty much decided that I will try a round or two of clomid to see if that makes me O. I'm 90% sure my cycles have been annovulatory.

SO - mamas taking clomid, what did your OBs say about nursing and taking it? I have Hale's book and see that it's L4, but all the comments are about it reducing supply and impending lactation in the early days post partum (WHO takes clomid then anyway???) I've been reading about it and I'm ok with taking it, I think, but I wanted to hear what your doctors said.

I imagine it's next to impossible to do a study on it. I mean, first you take the number of women still nursing at 2 years or whenever they want to try for another baby. Then out of that small group, you take the ones who need clomid to ovulate. That's a pretty small number!

The molecular weight of clomid is really high (406 - over 200 is high), which suggests that it's not easily secreted in breastmilk. Transfer and effect on a nursing baby is unreported, and again, they just say that it may suppress early lactation.
I have no experience with Clomid but thanks for sharing this info, very interesting.

:: for all those in the 2WW!!! There are lots of us!!! I hope we get to see lots of in the next couple weeks! ::

I'm 2DPO, Oed on CD 25. I should get my CHs tomorrow but ESMLRanch, could you move me to the 2WW THANKS!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#182 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Hey everyone!

I haven't been around here for a long long time, but I wanted to drop in and let you know that I got a BFP on Sunday! You can officially list me as a graduate!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#183 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Hey everyone!

I haven't been around here for a long long time, but I wanted to drop in and let you know that I got a BFP on Sunday! You can officially list me as a graduate!

Congratulations!!
#184 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM
jmo

Whooohoooo, Sharonanne!! Congrats to you!!!

Surromommy - have you had any side effects from the provera? I can't remember are you still waiting for a ppaf or is this to regulate your cycle? I have a drs appt on fri and I'm really excited to talk to her about provera!

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#185 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 10:03 PM

I'd like to participate in this thread...
I actually used to participate over a year ago, but then stopped after many, many months of ttc unsucessfully. I think that I am ready to start again.
My ds just turned three and I really can't believe that I haven't become pregnant yet - we haven't ever used bc and I am quite aware of my fertility signs. I think that I am possibly not ovulating. He only nurses about 3-4 times per day and not at all during the night. I became pregnant with him when my dd was only 14 months and was nursing much more frequently - hence my surprise and frustration.
Anyway - I am interested in joining all of you and sharing experiences, and I hope that my luck will change soon!
#186 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneM View Post
Hi Mamas

I would like to join you DS is 27 months and still nursing. I took clomid to get pg with him - didn't O on 50mg or 100mg, but I did with 150mg and got pregnant. I had to take provera then to induce AF, but I've had 8 cycles in the past year since she showed up so I am glad to see something going on at least. I've pretty much decided that I will try a round or two of clomid to see if that makes me O. I'm 90% sure my cycles have been annovulatory.

SO - mamas taking clomid, what did your OBs say about nursing and taking it? I have Hale's book and see that it's L4, but all the comments are about it reducing supply and impending lactation in the early days post partum (WHO takes clomid then anyway???) I've been reading about it and I'm ok with taking it, I think, but I wanted to hear what your doctors said.

I imagine it's next to impossible to do a study on it. I mean, first you take the number of women still nursing at 2 years or whenever they want to try for another baby. Then out of that small group, you take the ones who need clomid to ovulate. That's a pretty small number!

The molecular weight of clomid is really high (406 - over 200 is high), which suggests that it's not easily secreted in breastmilk. Transfer and effect on a nursing baby is unreported, and again, they just say that it may suppress early lactation.

That is very interesting about the molecular weight. What edition of Hale's do you have? I looked in the 12th and it said Clomid was L3, that's "moderately safe". L4 is "possibly hazardous".
My OB said the effects are unknown, and my RE told me to ask the pediatrician, which I have not done. Both doctors feel comfortable prescribing it.
#187 of 453 Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM

sharonanne-Congratulations!! :: We've been needing another positive around here!

mamatotwo-Wow, that sounds like a difficult road you've traveled. I really hope the timing is right and you are pregnant in no time!!: Do you temp or just watch secondary signs. I'm just wondering since you mentioned possibly not Oing.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#188 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Lianne and Mamatotwo! Good Luck. Let me know if you would like to be added to the list and where you fit in.

Lianne-did you take provera to induce ppaf? How old was your ds when you did that?

SharonAnne Congratulations! : : that is so awesome! How long were you ttc? Are you still nursing your dc?

SarahN : I hope this is it for you!

I went back to the ND today. We are allergic to dairy (no surprise), eggs (ug), bananas (oops, ds eats a ton) and kidney beans (??). So we are doing a 3 week elimination diet and will then check back in and see how we are doing at that point. I am feeling relieved to just have some answers. I was expecting some allergies so feel prepared to make dietary changes. (good-bye pizza!). The ND feels positive that this will help bring back my fertility. The theory is that if your body does not have to spend energy fighting food allergies then it can focus on other things. The reproductive system is not critical for day to day survival so it is one of the first things to be compromised. After just doing the yeast elimination for the last 3 weeks I have noticed some positive changes. My bbt's are less radical and my cf is actually changing instead of always being the same. So it seems like things are happening and I am trying to be hopeful. keep your : for me.
#189 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

SharonAnne-I just noticed that our kiddo's will both be 2 in June. HB to your dd! That really gives me some much needed hope!
#190 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post

Surromommy - have you had any side effects from the provera? I can't remember are you still waiting for a ppaf or is this to regulate your cycle? I have a drs appt on fri and I'm really excited to talk to her about provera!
i have only had two my first cycle was 52 days and this cycle is like 80 days so far. Anyway No I havent had any side effects from the provera I'm suppose to take it for 3 more days then a within a week i'm suppose to get

Ahhh I was so sad and exited at the same time today I just found out my sister is this is her first one she is 8 weeks and due christmas day. She just found out for sure today She has kinda wonderd for a while. They were all scared to tell me because they thought I would be so depressed because i'm having so much problem getting pregnante. But I'm happy for her. I just hope she gets her life fully on track she will be 19 in july and is kinda wild but does work, She will be a really good mom though so it will be ok.

I was sad because I wish it could be me prego but my time will come hopefully this month but I'm just not feeling it for this month. This will be my first month on Clomid. and I just dont think it will take this time around
#191 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
I went back to the ND today. We are allergic to dairy (no surprise), eggs (ug), bananas (oops, ds eats a ton) and kidney beans (??). So we are doing a 3 week elimination diet and will then check back in and see how we are doing at that point. I am feeling relieved to just have some answers. I was expecting some allergies so feel prepared to make dietary changes. (good-bye pizza!). The ND feels positive that this will help bring back my fertility. The theory is that if your body does not have to spend energy fighting food allergies then it can focus on other things. The reproductive system is not critical for day to day survival so it is one of the first things to be compromised. After just doing the yeast elimination for the last 3 weeks I have noticed some positive changes. My bbt's are less radical and my cf is actually changing instead of always being the same. So it seems like things are happening and I am trying to be hopeful. keep your : for me.
Wow, that sounds like it would be hard!! Especially the kidney beans! Just kidding....

Anyway, hope it works for you! :

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#192 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 AM

Well AF is here which is what I expected but it is only the first cycle trying. So I am not waiting to O. I have always been pretty fertile before so I hope that nursing my two girls has not affected that to greatly. Who knows what will happen next time.
#193 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:10 PM

cd14, no signs of o - wondering what will happen this cycle. My body is so confusing!!! Not trying this month, but I'm so hopeful for all of you!!!
#194 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:25 PM

I was reading and came across something that suggested Evening Primrose Oil to increase CF or make it more favorable. Anyone else here of this? Is it safe to take when nursing? There seemed to be a lot of mixed feelings on that, from what I could find.

#195 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:56 PM

Well, mamas... I think I'm going to talk to the Dr. tomorrow about Clomid. My cycles have always been screwy since my very first AF. It took 5 months to conceive DD with no AF for the full 5 months... Provera was taken then. So, considering I have never had regular cycles and I needed the Provera during my last TTC excursion, I think I'm at least going to consider the Clomid. If I'm not meant to conceive, the Clomid won't work. (Is that faulty thinking?).

DD is obsessed with this baby doll she has. She wants them both to sit in my lap. She carries it around... but I'm it's mama and dh is it's daddy. She makes that very clear. So, you think she is ready for another?

SharonAnne - Whoo-hoo!!! :

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#196 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
I was reading and came across something that suggested Evening Primrose Oil to increase CF or make it more favorable. Anyone else here of this? Is it safe to take when nursing? There seemed to be a lot of mixed feelings on that, from what I could find.
It is fine to take while breastfeeding That is what I use as far as I have read you start taking it when af is done till you O then stop Good Luck
#197 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 02:09 PM

SharonAnne - Congrats!!!!

mamatotwo - Welcome and good Luck!!! Hope you catch an eggy soon!

esmlranch - Hope the diet elimination works for you! Good Luck!!

LadyWillow - Hope you get preggo soon!!

mama_nym - fingers crossed that you'll O soon!

eastkygal - Good Luck at the doc hope he gives you something!

as for me I am on CD 4 and have been naseous the past couple of days which I think may be from the fenugreek so I am not taking it today to see what happens and so far I feel great I am not sure why it is making my stomach hurt all the sudden I am going to be ordering some of that mothersmilktwo just incase for when I do get preggo.
#198 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=ellymay;8137540 I am going to be ordering some of that mothersmilktwo just incase for when I do get preggo.[/QUOTE]

what's that?

eastky good luck at the dr tomorrow. i hope you are able to get some answers/get things moving, whatever you decide to do.

linzie: i take epo. it is supposed to help regulate your cycles and hormone balance. the nd said it is fine while bf.

surromommy: i know how hard it is to be supportive and happy when you want it to be you preggo. my little sis just had a baby last oct. she is only 20 yrs and was completely unprepared. she is doing fine now and things are going well...................of course she works all the time and did not give bf a chance.................i suppose youdo what you have to to survive. my lil' sis lives far from me. if yours is close, hopefully you'll have close cousins!!
#199 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 11:19 PM

X-POSTED in _________, I forgot the thread name....

Very embarassed.......

Hello... I'm somewhat embarassed .... last week I posted on the other 2ww (nursing mama's ttc) thread that I got a BFP.... I really didn't I read the test wrong... if it was positive then there would have been a + sign. It wasn't a I I test.... it was + I test... does that make sense? So sad.... we figured it out a couple hours later, but I was too bummed to post and I felt like a half-wit.
#200 of 453 Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

mamatotwo-Wow, that sounds like a difficult road you've traveled. I really hope the timing is right and you are pregnant in no time!!: Do you temp or just watch secondary signs. I'm just wondering since you mentioned possibly not Oing.
I am currently only observing cm and cp. I was temping for a while but I don't think that I was getting long enough stretches of sleep at the time for them to be accurate, so I stopped. I am reluctant to start temping again because I am obsessed enough as it is with ttc. It would; however, be bice to know if I was ovulating or not so maybe I should start again. I'll have to think about it (and find my thermometer!). My cycles are just generally long and wonky these days - ranging anywhere from 38-55 days. What is up with that??
Thanks for your supportive words - they are encouraging
I am happy to be back.
I am currently waiting to O. Feel free to add me to the list! Thanks
#201 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post

Very embarassed.......

Hello... I'm somewhat embarassed .... last week I posted on the other 2ww (nursing mama's ttc) thread that I got a BFP.... I really didn't I read the test wrong... if it was positive then there would have been a + sign. It wasn't a I I test.... it was + I test... does that make sense? So sad.... we figured it out a couple hours later, but I was too bummed to post and I felt like a half-wit.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#202 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
what's that?
It is some stuff you can get from motherlove.com that is supposed to be really good stuff for keeping up your supply during pregnancy I found out about it on here but it is rather expensive so I want to be sure and try to start stocking up now
#203 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post

Very embarassed.......

to you mama.

#204 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

charis you must be so disappointed. at least when you do get that bfp you will know what to look for! ...and that totally sounds like something that would happen to me.
#205 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
It is some stuff you can get from motherlove.com that is supposed to be really good stuff for keeping up your supply during pregnancy I found out about it on here but it is rather expensive so I want to be sure and try to start stocking up now
Hmmm...Are you talking about Mother's milk Tea (by Traditional medicinals at most natural food stores)? I drink it to boost my supply when I have to pump for work (if my ds can come to me) and it works great!! But I read somewhere in the breastfeeding challenges forum that fenugreek (one of the main ingredients) and other galactagogues don't work during pregnancy. Are you talking about something else? I really would love to hear about something that has been successful for other mothers in pregnancy milk supply!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#206 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 AM

ok girls question time has anyone tried like musinex or robitussion for helping CM or is there somthing better to try I rarely have any CM as it is so with the clomid i'm worried that I will have problems with it
#207 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
Hmmm...Are you talking about Mother's milk Tea (by Traditional medicinals at most natural food stores)? I drink it to boost my supply when I have to pump for work (if my ds can come to me) and it works great!! But I read somewhere in the breastfeeding challenges forum that fenugreek (one of the main ingredients) and other galactagogues don't work during pregnancy. Are you talking about something else? I really would love to hear about something that has been successful for other mothers in pregnancy milk supply!
No I am talking about this.... http://motherlove.com/product_more_m..._glycerite.php
I think I called it the wrong name LOL
#208 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Well I think af might be coming even earlier this cycle my temp droped this am .....oh well I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.
#209 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel81 View Post
That is very interesting about the molecular weight. What edition of Hale's do you have? I looked in the 12th and it said Clomid was L3, that's "moderately safe". L4 is "possibly hazardous".
My OB said the effects are unknown, and my RE told me to ask the pediatrician, which I have not done. Both doctors feel comfortable prescribing it.
I have the 11th - I thought it was L3 so that makes sense that it changed in the 12th.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#210 of 453 Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Lianne-did you take provera to induce ppaf? How old was your ds when you did that?
Thanks I am waiting for AF right now.

I have not taken provera for any ppaf - I just started cycling when DS was 15mo. I was SHOCKED b/c I always had to use provera before. I had 8 (annov) cycles in the past year.

I'm considering taking provera now to bring AF, b/c DH has some business trips coming up and I don't want him to be out of town when I need him home!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page