Nursing Mamas TTC in May.....Join Us!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sarahmck - Looks like you O'ed the day ff says you did......GL

I am just not sure what to think everything is the same as last cycle temp wise now my cervix is different but who knows why that is. I just am trying not to get my hopes up too much this time around....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Hey Sarah, I'm no expert but it looks like it was probably too late by then anyways.

My temp is still high today so if there is another high temp tomorrow FF will mark the O day. It's already day 21 and I guess I have another two weeks til AF or +HPT. I've never been a patient person. I hate waiting!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a0286
#243 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
I was reading and came across something that suggested Evening Primrose Oil to increase CF or make it more favorable. Anyone else here of this? Is it safe to take when nursing? There seemed to be a lot of mixed feelings on that, from what I could find.
Linzie I just remembered to tell you that drinking green tea is also supposed to help increase your cf.

My temps have stabilized for the past couple of weeks and have been at around 96.9-97. This morning my temp was 97.4. I am hoping maybe I o'd. If I did we had good timing since we dtd last night. There were a couple of other factors this am with my temp though. Ds slept great last night, only waking to nurse once, so I slept much better. and I slept in a little later. Usually I temp around 5:20 or so but not until 6:00 today. I am curious to temp tomorrow and see how it is then.
: maybe this is it!
#244 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Is anyone interested in being the June threadkeeper? I would love to do it again if I am still around here. June is not good for me though since we are going on vacation for a while and I won't be checking in.
#245 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
Linzie I just remembered to tell you that drinking green tea is also supposed to help increase your cf.

My temps have stabilized for the past couple of weeks and have been at around 96.9-97. This morning my temp was 97.4. I am hoping maybe I o'd. If I did we had good timing since we dtd last night. There were a couple of other factors this am with my temp though. Ds slept great last night, only waking to nurse once, so I slept much better. and I slept in a little later. Usually I temp around 5:20 or so but not until 6:00 today. I am curious to temp tomorrow and see how it is then.
: maybe this is it!
I'd never heard of this but I love green tea! I'm off to work now, so I'll pack some in my bag!!

: that you O'ed!!!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#246 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 06:56 PM
jmo

Congrats Ladywillow!!!!

Eastkygal, just wanted to say I agree w/ everyone else that you shouldn't feel bad about using meds at all. We all do what we need to do. I also felt like I wouldn't want to use meds but as time goes on and I'm still not pg, it is starting to become a viable option. Please keep us posted on your progress!

I went to the drs on fri and had some blood work done. She wants to check my thyroid, iron levels and fsh...we'll see.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#247 of 453 Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 PM

Hi ladies I haven't been checking in lately, had to take a mental break from the constant thinking about TTC, ya know? Also, DD has been giving us a lot of sleep trouble, so I've been exhausted and not on the computer too much.

Anyway, I'm back for now I'm on cd13, so we'll see what happens this month. I'm trying to not get obsessive about it, lol. I just found out one of my friends who has a DD only a couple of months oder than DD is 6 months pg, but she wasn't nursing anymore and it was a surprise. I love her, but to hear complaints about being pg is kind of depressing when all you want is to be pg. I figure you ladies would understand.

Liz

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#248 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 AM

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Elaina . . yes, if you could add me that would be great.

Reading this thread has been so informative already. I haven't read TCOYF yet, that seems to be the one everyone I know recommends . . . would you agree, or is there something else I should read? I do know the basics, but want to learn more. I didn't chart temps last time around (didn't really have a chance, got super lucky and it only took 1 month), but I would like to start this time. I think I'll go get a BBT them. tommorrow and give it a whirl.

Sometimes I can hardly believe we are TTC . . . seems like yesterday DS was just a babe and I was thinking it would be forever until we ttc again. I remember thinking I wanted to wait until ds was two to start trying because by then he would be close to weaning and I wouldn't jeopardize the relationship . . . he's not even close to weaning - in fact he was closer at 12 mos than he is now . Ah well, in any case, here we are. Thanks again for the welcome!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#249 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Well I feel normal as can be today LOL other than my bbs they are doing some strange things that make me think af is going to be mean this cycle! My nips are so incredibly sensitive! THey are staying hard bc my bra touches them...AND they have big huge bump things on my nips now for no apparent reason UG what the heck why does af have to be mean!?

Well on a lighter note I think my LP is going to be a little longer this cycle bc last cycle at 8dpo my temps plummeted and the next day I was spotting well here I am 8dpo and my temps are still up!!! YAY I am really really really praying for atleast a 12 day LP that would be awsome of course no af would be even better but I am not getting my hopes up.

ETA: It is hurting to nurse too I am just dealing w/ it of course and watching tv or doing whatever to distract myself from the discomfort....I think af is just playing cruel tricks on me....My bbs seem to be fuller too of milk! That def has to be an af sign....
#250 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Jenangelcat?
Naturegirl?

Did you test today?

Well, I do not think I o'd after all. Today my temp plummeted. It was only 96.7, almost a whole degree lower than yesterday. I guess my body is still just wonky.:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php
#251 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 PM

No test here. I think my body was trying to o and failed until a couple of days ago. Thursday my temps dropped and I had the weirdest cramping on my left side for most of the day. Friday my temps shot up and they have stayed up for 3 days. So I'm counting myself at 3 dpo on day 22 of the cycle. I'll test on the 1st of June if AF doesn't show.

Here's my chart;

Jen
#252 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Jenangelcat?
Naturegirl?

Did you test today?

Well, I do not think I o'd after all. Today my temp plummeted. It was only 96.7, almost a whole degree lower than yesterday. I guess my body is still just wonky.:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php
ah, yes and ???? I think it was BFN but there was the faintest line, I am wondering if it is a hallucination...

When I try to click on your chart it just takes me to mine.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#253 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
No test here. I think my body was trying to o and failed until a couple of days ago. Thursday my temps dropped and I had the weirdest cramping on my left side for most of the day. Friday my temps shot up and they have stayed up for 3 days. So I'm counting myself at 3 dpo on day 22 of the cycle. I'll test on the 1st of June if AF doesn't show.

Here's my chart;

Jen
From your cervix position and cf I would agree. And that sounds like O pain which is a good sigh. : Good luck.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#254 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM

You can take me off Waiting to be Ready.. I guess I was ready and I just didn't know it yet
I got my BFP today and it looks like I will be due mid-January.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#255 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post
You can take me off Waiting to be Ready.. I guess I was ready and I just didn't know it yet
YAY congrats!!!!!!!!!
#256 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
YAY congrats!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#257 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM

Hi! I am new to MDC and the boards, but I am happily nursing my 18-month-old son, and my dh and I just started TTC last night . So I guess you can add me: lovetobemama to the "waiting to o" section. Should be next week. Then after that, do I need to move to the 2WW section, or just update sometime next month. I'm not too sure how the timing issue works. Thanks so much!
#258 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
When I try to click on your chart it just takes me to mine.
That is wierd. I will try it again.
Maybe, just maybe it is a real line?: That actually seems to happen around here quite a bit!

: : congratulations mama2babybeans!! That is fantastik.

ellymay: for a longer lp

LizI DO understand about having difficulty listening to pg complaints. I swear I will be the happiest pg lady ever!!!!

amy my ds went through a phase around 12-14 months where he was not nursing as much also. Now at 23 months he would nurse all the time if I let him! I do a lot of distracting.

jenangelcat: for June 1st.

lovetobemama Just let us know when you think you are in your 2ww and the threadkeeper will move you. It is also fun to know when you think you will poas and we can add you to that list. Hopefully you will not need to be moved back and forth too much because you will not be here too long.

Any of you 2wwers know when you will poas?
#259 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Here is the link to my home page. (for what my chart is worth!)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189415
#260 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
ah, yes and ???? I think it was BFN but there was the faintest line, I am wondering if it is a hallucination...
Me too!!! I tested this afternoon. After I got that very very very faint line (my dh had to confirm it) I ran to Dollar Tree and got another test and it was bfn. Maybe mine was just an evap line??? Time will tell.... Hope you get your bfp!!! I hope everyone gets their bfp's soon!
#261 of 453 Old 05-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post
Me too!!! I tested this afternoon. After I got that very very very faint line (my dh had to confirm it) I ran to Dollar Tree and got another test and it was bfn. Maybe mine was just an evap line??? Time will tell.... Hope you get your bfp!!! I hope everyone gets their bfp's soon!
When are you testing again? I am trying to decide if I should do it again tomorrow or wait two days. I am trying to wait two days...

Congrats mama2babybeans! Hope to be joining you soon. :

#262 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 AM

More spotting. : But temps' back up. Not sure what to think, still. Very, very faint positive yesterday (9dpo), almost so faint I wouldn't want to count it as positive. I never spotted with DD so I don't know how much is normal and how much means I am out for this month. I'm feeling pretty gross, too, almost threw up this afternoon. Did I mention I've never liked rollercoasters? :
#263 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
<snip> Speaking of which, would someone look at my chart and give me their opinion about something? We were all set to BD on the night of the 16th (CD 18), but at the very last moment didn't because we were both stressed and grumpy with each other and DH said something that pissed me off. Now I'm looking at my chart and kicking myself for not doing it anyway. However, I'm wondering if it could already have been too late at that point?
Sarah
Sarah, glad to "see" you! The O date is still an approximation (though a fairly close to accurate one) and it could have been too late by then. Realistically, the egg survives 6-12 hours and I can't remember how long it takes the swimmers to get up there, but I do believe it is a couple of hours... so your best shot is always to have the swimmers waiting - apparently they are released from the cervical crypts (I hate that word) in bursts every couple of hours or so... someone who is more knowledgable can confirm or refute that ~ all that to say, I think you had great timing with your earlier BD! : for a this cycle!

Quote:
Is anyone interested in being the June threadkeeper? I would love to do it again if I am still around here. June is not good for me though since we are going on vacation for a while and I won't be checking in.
Elaina, I will be happy to do it! Just tell me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootchsMom View Post
Hi ladies I haven't been checking in lately, had to take a mental break from the constant thinking about TTC, ya know? Also, DD has been giving us a lot of sleep trouble, so I've been exhausted and not on the computer too much.

Anyway, I'm back for now I'm on cd13, so we'll see what happens this month. I'm trying to not get obsessive about it, lol. I just found out one of my friends who has a DD only a couple of months oder than DD is 6 months pg, but she wasn't nursing anymore and it was a surprise. I love her, but to hear complaints about being pg is kind of depressing when all you want is to be pg. I figure you ladies would understand.

Liz
Liz, happy to see you back here! I hope your DD starts sleeping better. I feel that - DS is not sleeping so great lately either. I totally understand being depressed about the pg complaints. I think pregnant women have a right to complain about being uncomforatble, but I do wish they'd do it in private or around other pg women because it's hard to listen to when all you want is to be in that situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
Well I feel normal as can be today LOL other than my bbs they are doing some strange things that make me think af is going to be mean this cycle! My nips are so incredibly sensitive! THey are staying hard bc my bra touches them...AND they have big huge bump things on my nips now for no apparent reason UG what the heck why does af have to be mean!?
<snip>ETA: It is hurting to nurse too I am just dealing w/ it of course and watching tv or doing whatever to distract myself from the discomfort....I think af is just playing cruel tricks on me....My bbs seem to be fuller too of milk! That def has to be an af sign....
ellymay, I think you're going to get a this cycle! Unless this is all normal for you pre-AF, that is. It sounds really REALLY promising :

Quote:
<snip>Well, I do not think I o'd after all. Today my temp plummeted. It was only 96.7, almost a whole degree lower than yesterday. I guess my body is still just wonky.:
Elaina, ! I am so sorry that your temp dropped. I looked at your chart and noticed you've had no fertile CM for a while - a lot of mamas told me that this is how they knew an egg was going to drop soon - longer "dry" patches. Hang in there, girl, I hope it happens really soon for you. Oh, and thanks for the info regarding the ND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post
Woohoo mama! !!! Wishing you a HH9M and a !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
Hi! I am new to MDC and the boards, but I am happily nursing my 18-month-old son, and my dh and I just started TTC last night . So I guess you can add me: lovetobemama to the "waiting to o" section. Should be next week. Then after that, do I need to move to the 2WW section, or just update sometime next month. I'm not too sure how the timing issue works. Thanks so much!
mama! I hope your stay with us is short and sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
More spotting. : But temps' back up. Not sure what to think, still. Very, very faint positive yesterday (9dpo), almost so faint I wouldn't want to count it as positive. I never spotted with DD so I don't know how much is normal and how much means I am out for this month. I'm feeling pretty gross, too, almost threw up this afternoon. Did I mention I've never liked rollercoasters? :
I had spotting before I knew I was pg with DS. On and off for days on end, probably close to a week before I finally tested (just because POAS is a fail-safe method for bringing on AF when I'm not pg ) and got my surprise . I hope that you get a blaring BFP in the next couple of days! I hate that these tests can be so sensitive but so hard to decipher :

AAM: Not much here... cd8... I had some $store (not $tree - I tend to hear good things about those ones) tests I was wasting (because I hate them) and getting faint lines on them. They look too pink to be evaps, and with the AF I had this cycle (cramps, major clots and some tissue ugh), I know I am not pg but wondering if maybe I had a chemical... oh well, on to this month. Waiting for my stash of internet cheapies to arrive... opks and hpts for this month. DS has a fever tonight. He hasn't ever had one other than after his first two lots of vaxes (he was vaxed up to 6mths). Poor kid... I feel bad for him and don't quite know what to do for him :

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#264 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 01:03 AM

My name is Stephanie, and I am hoping I can join your group and be added to the appropriate list. I have a 25 month old nursling, and so far haven't had my first pp af yet. She is still nursing like crazy, and I am getting pretty frustrated at this point. I usually get really bad O pain that lasts about 5 days or so, and I had that pain this month, so I am so hoping that was it! I am 38 years old, so I feel like time is ticking away. I haven't been able to temp and chart because DD is up so much at night nursing. I have been trying to keep track of CM and CP, but I have had EWCM a lot of the time for a few months now, but the midwife said that was my body getting ready to O. I hope so!!

Anyway, you all seem like a great group, and I look forward to getting to know you!
#265 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
I hate that these tests can be so sensitive but so hard to decipher :
Oh totally! It's like, ok, it's not blank white, there's a tiny, tiny nuance of pink...and it hasn't been sitting here too long, so it's positive right? But you can barely see it. Hmm. Take it out into the good lighting in the hallway...hey, dh, what do you think? No, look closer. Aha he agrees, it's sort of a line! Right it's positive then...maybe?
#266 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Elaina, I will be happy to do it! Just tell me how!

Elaina, ! I am so sorry that your temp dropped. I looked at your chart and noticed you've had no fertile CM for a while - a lot of mamas told me that this is how they knew an egg was going to drop soon - longer "dry" patches. Hang in there, girl, I hope it happens really soon for you. Oh, and thanks for the info regarding the ND!
you are hired for june threadkeeper! I know you'll do a great job. i will pm you this week and give you the scoop. it is not difficult or anything.
i've heard that too about having longer dry patches....thanks for peeking at my chart. i have been noticing some changes with my fertility signs so hopefully soon...................

: hope your ds feels better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph C. View Post
My name is Stephanie, and I am hoping I can join your group and be added to the appropriate list. I have a 25 month old nursling, and so far haven't had my first pp af yet. She is still nursing like crazy, and I am getting pretty frustrated at this point. I usually get really bad O pain that lasts about 5 days or so, and I had that pain this month, so I am so hoping that was it! I am 38 years old, so I feel like time is ticking away. I haven't been able to temp and chart because DD is up so much at night nursing. I have been trying to keep track of CM and CP, but I have had EWCM a lot of the time for a few months now, but the midwife said that was my body getting ready to O. I hope so!!

Anyway, you all seem like a great group, and I look forward to getting to know you!
stephanie!! oh boy, we really have a lot in common! my ds will be 2 on 6/5. i am still waiting for ppaf. he still nurses quite a bit. I will be 37 on tues...tick,tick,tick. and my dh bd is the same as your ds, 6/7. i am also feeling very frustrated. : for both of us to catch that egg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Oh totally! It's like, ok, it's not blank white, there's a tiny, tiny nuance of pink...and it hasn't been sitting here too long, so it's positive right? But you can barely see it. Hmm. Take it out into the good lighting in the hallway...hey, dh, what do you think? No, look closer. Aha he agrees, it's sort of a line! Right it's positive then...maybe?
: i hope this is it!
#267 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 AM

BelgianSheepDog- I hope the spotting stops!!! GL!

Bella Catalina
- Nope not normal af signs but I just keep telling myself it is bc I don't wanna get my hopes up
I hope you ds feels better soon and GL this cycle!

Steph C.
- GL catching you eggy!!!! Oh and Welcome

Well my temps are still up today I took the chart overlay off of my home page bc I O'ed on different CD's and it wouldn't let me overlay from when I O'ed but anyways I started spotting and my temps were way way down this many dpo last cycle so it looks like the B6 is going to work for my LP but let's see if it's going to work for a BFP I am not getting my hopes up though.
#268 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM

: Bleeding in earnest this morning, test is definitely negative (not even a faint positive anymore), and nausea is suddenly gone.

So I guess move me to waiting to O. I'm upset because it really seemed like things were going well for a while, and my temps looked great.

My luteal phase was 10 days. Is that way too short? Pre-DD it was like 15 days. I'm debating if I should try vitex or B6. I have HORRIBLE PMS so it probably couldn't hurt. Any brand/dose recommendations? I know it has been mentioned before, I should probably go search later.

Time to go nurse!
#269 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 AM

So I just joined your lovely group yesterday and this morning PPAF finally arrived...after 25 months! I was pretty sure I O'd about 10 days ago or so. I think I will start up with B6, because it helped with my short LP when I conceived DD. It's been so long that I can't remember how much I took. Any recommendations as far as dosage goes?

You can move me to Waiting to O, I guess. Wish me luck this cycle!
#270 of 453 Old 05-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph C. View Post
So I just joined your lovely group yesterday and this morning PPAF finally arrived...after 25 months! I was pretty sure I O'd about 10 days ago or so. I think I will start up with B6, because it helped with my short LP when I conceived DD. It's been so long that I can't remember how much I took. Any recommendations as far as dosage goes?

You can move me to Waiting to O, I guess. Wish me luck this cycle!
From what I have read you should start w/ 50-100mgs and go up by 50mg every month untill you see a change

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page