cramping at 15 dpo - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everybody! I am feeling so anxious today that I finally had to delurk. My sitch is this; AF 3 times since DS was born (he is 15 months). Have been charting, but my cycle has been erratic. 13 dpo I had a + pg test, but 14 & 15 dpo have had cramping, no blood. DS has been sick for the past 3 days and night nursing like CRAZY. My theory is that the extra nursing = more prolactin + uterine cramping, and could = M/C. Any thoughts? Thanks-

#2 of 7 Old 05-05-2007, 04:44 AM

Could = miscarriage, could = implantation and a healthy baby burrowing deep into the endometrium. Most likely = stretching pregnant uterus and mild dehydration leading to you feeling the uterine contractions caused by nursing more intently.
Drink more water- that should help.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#3 of 7 Old 05-05-2007, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

thanks flapjack- thanks for your respnse. that makes sense, esp. when I think of the fact that I: probably have a little bit of whatever DS has
#4 of 7 Old 05-05-2007, 09:41 AM

I believe some cramping is normal early in pg. You haven't had any spotting with the cramping?

Also, I just had to post to tell you that your word "delurk" cracked me up.

take care!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#5 of 7 Old 05-05-2007, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

nope. no spotting-- and boy, sometimes I am scared to look. DS is feeling better- not nursing as much today. I think the reason I had a long enough luteal phase to implant successfully was because he night-weaned for about 4 days right before he got sick. Of course, maybe that's why he got sick! Anyways, fingers crossed my litle blastocyst stays put.
thanks!
#6 of 7 Old 05-06-2007, 01:56 AM

I had crazy cramping with my first pg...I would think it is a good sign! Things are getting busy in there! Good luck!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#7 of 7 Old 05-06-2007, 10:13 AM

: I cramped a lot with ds, and I am cramping quite a little bit with this one. It's just your uterus stretching to accommodate the new guest. I say POAS.

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page