Nursing Mamas TTC in June... Join Us!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elaina,
I tend to notice that when I sleep really poorly, my temp is REALLY low in the morning. I think it is a sleep thing more than a nursing thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenangelcat View Post
Well it's June and gardening is taking my mind off this ttc nonsense...lol.
I totally agree!! We have been soooo busy outside! Tonight DH was spreading straw mulch and I was turning the compost in the dark!!!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
Old 06-03-2007, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmama13 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm not new to the MDC forum, but am new to TTC. I'm a nursing mama to a wonderful 23 month old. Want to start trying for #2. Twice I've had a day of light spotting, but not a real AF. How do I know if I'm ovulating?
mama! Let me know where you would like to be added on the front page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
Hi everyone,
When I found the thread up for June, I thought I'd include a new update. I'm hoping to become a June success story!! I am only 9dpo, but am starting to have symptoms similar to what I had with my first: Breast tenderness and funny uterine twinges every now and then.
Ooh, mama, I really hope this is it for you!: 7dpo is a smidge too early for a

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
<snip>my dramatic roller coaster ride continues. my temp took a huge nose dive this am. then today i started having lots of cramping and lower back pain, headache, very uncomfortable. seems like of course i will be very disappointed if i am not pg, but if af comes at least it is a step in the right direction.
by the way, the cake was awesome! everyone liked it. they all thought it was the healthiest 2yo party they had ever been to! i even had the kids doing yoga for one of the games! it ended the way i suppose most 2yo parties end-meltdowns and naptime! i am exhausted myself:
Elaina, glad the party was a hit! Sorry your temp plummeted, but you have a good attitude. FWIW, I hope your temp jumps back up tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttachedMomma View Post
Hi Mamas!

I am new here, but an avid reader of Mothering Mag.

I am TTC with a 11 month old nursling who nurses every three hours all day and 1 or 2 times/night. I adore nursing and don't want to wean her (as I have been told I will need to do) to get pregnant. I have yet to have a period, and would love to catch that first egg.

I don't know how it works here, and I am sure you are tired of new people asking, but I can't wait to talk to you all in the same boat as me!

I am not sure how to "tinker" with the nursing pattern as I have heard mentioned, or if there is anything I can do to encourage ovulation. Do I do a chart? Just "try" with DH all the time? I am frustrated by the lack of info in the medical community! I just don't know...

Okay, I am rambling! I will stop now, but anyhoo, can't wait to meet you all!

Hugs,
C
mama!!! I hope your stay here is short. I don't believe you will need to wean your LO at all, but it depends on your patience ~ Let me know where to add you on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
Yep, it worked!
Can you add me to 2WW I don't have the cross hairs, but all signs point to O! I really hope that 3rd time was a charm!
Possible TMI...
I am hips up in the living room hoping ds doesn't wake to nurse too soon
that is hilarious! Hope this is your month, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
This is as far as I got... eastky - I feel the same way... I've been here for a year!! Everybody else has moved on. That's why I haven't been around in a while; just taking a break from the obsessing. Please know you're in my prayers. Hopefully we will both get pg soon!

Anyway - I'm back this month. I took last month off from charting and actively TTC. Can I please be moved to WAITING TO O. Thank you!
welcome back, mama!

Quote:
<snip>To otherTTC folks - I've heard that there is a kit that will tell you when you ovulate? Can you buy it over the counter? Has anyone used it? Can you educate me about the temperature thing? When should I check it? What does high and low mean?
You can purchase test kits that are called OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). You can buy them from the drugstore, but they are more expensive - the best way is to buy them online from a store like http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com, especially as you'd need to buy a bunch. I have been using them this month and they work well. They are pee sticks, so just like a pregnancy test. The negative about them is that they detect the surge of LH before you ovulate, but often when nursing, your body tries to ovulate but doesn't quite get there, which can mean, unless you are charting your temperatures and CM as well, you can't be sure if you actually ovulated or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtake View Post
It's actually a funny story. My first was fertility. I have PCOS and went through 2 months of shots and IUI. While nursing him AF came back around 7 months for 2 normal cycle, then a weird one, then none. When he was about 15 months old he got roto virus and was pretty sick. The whole week I keep feeling yucky and an odd feeling in my gut. Laying in bed one day and thought..that SOO feels like a baby kicking. Took a PT and sure enough a big fat positive! Went for ultrasound 2 days later and sure enough pregnant....not just pregnant... 5 months pregnant and its a boy!!! I had lost 30 pounds after #1 and the PCOS just went away and my body started Oing like supposed to. Was still nursing the little one. Nursed him till he was 3.5 and nursed #2 till he was about 2.5.

Getting pregnant with #3 I was hoping for a girl and followed 'girl' rules, but since I was still nursing the rules didnt't apply as well.. We tried 2 months and the month we got pregnant we BD evey day for a week! Guess that's the plan this month too. I nursed #2 till about month 5 pregnant and I night weaned him and he day weaned himself I was hoping on tandum nursing them too, but he had other plans.

So we get to try for this one around the 12th-17th of this month. I'm still in shock that we are trying for #4!!. And I'm not sure whether I want a girl or another boy. I so wanted #3 to be a girl, but now I don't know. I think I will be fine with either. While I would like a girl, my world is boy...why change!

It's nice to meet you all....hope we all have the luck we want!
Oh mama! What an incredible story! That is just too cool... in a weird way. What a surprise! I'm kind of of the mind that what will be, will be, regardless of trying for one gender or another. Either is a blessing, but while I kind of hope for another boy this time, I'd be thrilled with a girl, I really want girls (actually I want identical twins )

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
I'm at MIL's house for the weekend (a couple hours away from our city). We sleep in her basement which was FREEZING last night. I took my temp this morning and it was substantially lower than yesterday . I don't know, though, if it is because the thermometer was too cold/I was too cold all night or because I actually didn't O the other day like I hoped . . .or if maybe it is a fallback rise (fingers crossed!). If I don't see a temp rise in the next few days I think I'll need to construct a plan. A friend of mine recommended a naturopath/acupuncurist that she used, so I may go talk to her. I have also been restricting nursing a little bit . . . mostly just delaying sessions and using 'markers' through the day - like lunch/nap nurse, after supper, bedtime, etc, to try to cut out the 'boredom induced' sessions. If I could get him down to 4 a day instead of 8 or 9 I think that might help if, in fact, I am not o'ing. I wouldn't have been ready to do this a year ago, but now that he is two and a half I think he will probably handle it without stress or tears

Welcome to the new mamas!
Mama, good luck with your temps... and even moreso with your nursing plan. I should do the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyshoegirl View Post
Well, I guess I officially belong on this list. Co-sleeping and nursing my 17-month-old, and DH and I had the "baby talk" this morning and decided to go ahead and not be careful.

I'm not temping, because I never know if I've gotten three hours of uninterrupted sleep or not, but we we doing the Billings method for FAM when we were trying NOT to conceive.
mama! Let me know where to add you. I temp just fine without getting 3 consecutive hours of sleep - most of the time my temps are pretty steady - but we also co-sleep so it's not like I am getting in and out of bed or even staying awake very long. Just an FYI incase you want to temp. My CM is totally unreliable while nursing but is finally settling into more of a pattern now.

Quote:
Well it's June and gardening is taking my mind off this ttc nonsense...lol.

I'm on cd 10. My temps have been pretty steady all week. Steadier than they've been so far. I'm hoping to O within the next couple of days. Of course as usual, whenever O comes around Hayley starts teething and nursing like crazy. At the rate we're going I'm going to end up with the June baby I tried for the first time around.

My friend keeps telling me that it's not up to me, Mother Nature will get me pregnant when she wants. Ha! If that's the case, Mother Nature sucks!

On the plus size, it looks like I'll manage to go through summer without looking like a blimp.

Jen, : for your egg!! I'm on CD21 and still waiting to O ~ DS was sick all last week of May so I wonder if that has pushed my O date back a few days...

Well, I finally got a +opk! Yay!!! We DTD this morning and will probably aim for twice tomorrow just to make sure we've given it the best we could. I am one to enjoy the ttc process and I usually thrive on the anticipation etc... but I admit, this cycle I have realized I am ready to move into the pregnancy stage. The other thing is that I am so sure I wouldn't feel this drained (we're only on cycle 6) if I O'ed about a week earlier than I do... but I really want a February baby and I hope it's this month for us.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 06-03-2007, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

how embarrassing... what a long post! Sorry mamas!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Bella Catalina;8288222]Updated to here

"You can purchase test kits that are called OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). You can buy them from the drugstore, but they are more expensive - the best way is to buy them online from a store like http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com, especially as you'd need to buy a bunch. I have been using them this month and they work well. They are pee sticks, so just like a pregnancy test. The negative about them is that they detect the surge of LH before you ovulate, but often when nursing, your body tries to ovulate but doesn't quite get there, which can mean, unless you are charting your temperatures and CM as well, you can't be sure if you actually ovulated or not."

Bella: Thanks much for the info. I guess I will fall under waiting to O since I'm not sure. What does CM mean? WHich means ovulation - high or low temp?

Mama to 8 yo ds and 4 yo dd.treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifjumpers.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 06-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
My friend keeps telling me that it's not up to me, Mother Nature will get me pregnant when she wants. Ha! If that's the case, Mother Nature sucks!

she does suck! what the heck is she waiting for?

hannybannany hope this is it for you!: i'm getting to be a long timer myself. it is frustrating.

green mama & attached mama i hope we can catch that first egg! it is so tricky! good luck!

adtake thanks for sharing that increcible story! gl this time around.

grumpy shoe girl. gl!

bella catalina my sil (dh sis) just had identical twin boys. his mom is a twin and i have a cousin who had twins. i would secretly love to have fraternal twins boy/girl. sshhhhh, don't tell dh!

greenmama i recommend signing up for fertility friend. they have a tutor program that explains everything about charting. the book to read is taking charge of your fertility by toni weschler.

my roller coaster chart continues. yesterday i had another record high temp. today super low. (yesterday great sleep, today not great) ff took away my cross hairs. honestly i was wondering myself. i am wondering if my temps have just warmed up because my thyroid function has improved but i am still having an anovulatory pattern. i am still having severe cramps, low back pain and headaches. i keep expecting i wish something would happen already! I will probably poas wed just to be sure if no af because i go to see the nd that am.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189415
Old 06-03-2007, 03:34 PM

jmo I just saw your post on the may thread! : :
congratulations!
May AF only come once!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 AM

Alright mamas,

It's official...BFP!!

Today is 11dpo, and I have ALL the symptoms that I had with my first, even the breast tenderness feels the same, despite the fact that I am a nursing mama. I took a test this morning, and was clear to see. Not super dark yet, but definitely positive!

Thanks so much for all the excellent work on the thread this month, Bella Catalina and last month, Esmlranch! Last month was my first month on MDC, and it has been amazing to find this community.

And thanks to all you mamas who shared your stories here with me and helped me to keep a good amount of perspective and humor on the TTC journey!

I will be lurking, and sending you all tons of baby dust!

Thanks! Emily
Old 06-04-2007, 01:46 AM

lovetobemama congrats!!! Thanks for the babydust! I need it. lol

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 06-04-2007, 02:01 AM

lovetobemama Congrats: : : : : : :
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 AM

So I tested today(10DPO), BFN. I'm not really surprised. I'm just not feeling like this is it.

Elaina:I'm feeling like you in that I'm having an anov cycle and that FF is going to take my CH away anyday now. I almost feel like I just want to get AF so that I complete a cycle that looks "normal".

I started out charting this cycle with a crappy thermometer and then switched mid-cycle. My temps have stabilized with using the new one, but I'm afraid that FF just gave me CH based on inaccurate info.

: I'm feeling discouraged and want to move onto the next cycle. Or maybe I'm just feeling moody and that's an early pregnancy symptom........(do we have a yeah, right smilie??)

Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Alright mamas,

It's official...BFP!!
: Congrats mama!!!! :

Old 06-04-2007, 03:06 AM

High temp today, fingers crossed for another tomorrow a.m.. If not, I think this cycle is a 'write off' as far as 0'ing is concerned.

Brooke - YAY for an OPK +!!

Elaina - sorry to hear that the rollercoaster continues Hugs, mama.

Lovetobemama - Fantastic!!!!!! Congrats , that is wonderful news. HH9M!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Congratulations Emily!!!
: : :
Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 AM

LInzie
anovulatory cycles really suck! :
I'm with ya though in having just that little bit of hope in the back of my mind. I keep thinking, those temps are just off....maybe I really did o and now am pg! I mean I have been having cramps for 4 days or so now. I never had cramps that long before af. And THESE cramps are causing me MAJOR PAIN. It is so odd.
But that is a strange pg symptom.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 AM

hi...I've been lurking here for a few months, but I am starting to get serious about ttc and I was thinking I might get some support/hints here...
ds is 18 mos old and I really want to get pregnant again very soon...I want my kids to be fairly close together and I really feel that now if we had another one on the way it would be good spacing. I am trying not to stress about it too much but I really want another baby...ds is still nursing very frequently, probably 3 times a night and very often during the day...I have been told by mil that if I am serious about wanting to conceive, I need to wean ds, but I don't feel open to that in any way...I don't think he is ready, I'm not ready at all, I feel that I want to nurse him until at least 2 and also I feel discomfort about the concept of cutting our time short in order to make way for another one...
I had been charting up until a couple of months ago when it became too depressing for me...af returned when ds was like 6 mos old but I had extremely long cycles (around 50 days) and the was no distinct thermal change in them, basically, I definitely wasn't ovulating a few months ago, my temps went up and down willy-nilly with no pattern....I havent been able to resume temping though my last two cycles have been 33 days and 32 days so I am thinking perhaps something has happened...
I'm taking vitex, lots of primrose oil, tons of green tea and I bought an opk....im on cycle day 17 and still no lh surge....
if anyone has any further tips on anything I can do to increase my chances and maintain my sanity, i'd be grateful...
ds still isn't consuming that much food so I don't feel that cutting back on nursing would really be appropriate at this point and i'm trying to remind myself that if he is nursing so much as to supress ovulation then he must not be ready to share mama....
i just want to be pregnant so badly and I can't help but feel that maybe something is wrong with me and ill never be fertile again...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM

Emily - YAY!!!! : : :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Great news!

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 PM

: I know you've all heard it and experienced it many times before, but I am so frustrated right now! Last month I O'd for the first time since DD 25 months was born. I was so hopeful and excited, but then I had a wierd barely anything AF, and now my temps are everywhere again. It doesn't help that DD nurses about 4-6 times a night, so I never get consecutive sleep for more than an hour or two, not to mention the many, many times she nurses during the day. I don't want to wean her, but this is driving me bonkers! I know this sounds terrible, but I start to feel a wee bit resentful towards her. I am 38 years old, going on 39, and don't have much time left here as far as TTC. I don't get why she still feels like she needs to nurse so much. I give her TONS of attention all day long, and try to keep her life enriched and happy. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry to rant, mamas, but I just needed to vent a little to folks that will understand. Hope everyone else is having a good day, and congratulations to the new BFP mamas!!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Steph C, I can relate. My daughter (30 months) doesn't nurse at night, but tries to nurse as much as humanly possible during the day. I feel like she doesn't 'need' to, but is bored or hungry/thirsty. It isn't a big deal, but I think I worry too much about how it will affect her if I say no or distract her with something else, when in reality she usually copes pretty well.

I think you can still have a great breastfeeding relationship after night weaning, and that might be the thing that turns your fertility around. To me, if one of you is resenting the other you need to adjust something. Not give it up, but make it enjoyable for both of you.

A lot happens in between 2 and 3. You'll make it through! (I'm also giving myself that advice!!)
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM

You can move me from waiting to O (I think that's where I am) to graduate! I'm due Feb. 7th/8th and posted about my bfp on the old thread.

Just popped in to say hi - to say CONGRATS to the bfp's - and to wish everyone well on their ttc while nursing journey! I'll definitely continue stalking for a while!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Congrats MamaNym
I'll see you in the Feb. DDC!

I forgot to add my change, sorry! Bella Catalina, please move me from 2WW to graduate!.

Thanks so much, mamas, for all your wonderful congratulations! No one but my dh and I know that we are BFP, we won't be telling people for a few more weeks, but it is so wonderful to have this community of people who already know and are celebrating with us.

I'll be lurking and sending this way!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
You can move me from waiting to O (I think that's where I am) to graduate! I'm due Feb. 7th/8th and posted about my bfp on the old thread.

Just popped in to say hi - to say CONGRATS to the bfp's - and to wish everyone well on their ttc while nursing journey! I'll definitely continue stalking for a while!
Amanda, I will move you to our success stories! Congratulations again, I really hope I can join you this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph C. View Post
: I know you've all heard it and experienced it many times before, but I am so frustrated right now! Last month I O'd for the first time since DD 25 months was born. I was so hopeful and excited, but then I had a wierd barely anything AF, and now my temps are everywhere again. It doesn't help that DD nurses about 4-6 times a night, so I never get consecutive sleep for more than an hour or two, not to mention the many, many times she nurses during the day. I don't want to wean her, but this is driving me bonkers! I know this sounds terrible, but I start to feel a wee bit resentful towards her. I am 38 years old, going on 39, and don't have much time left here as far as TTC. I don't get why she still feels like she needs to nurse so much. I give her TONS of attention all day long, and try to keep her life enriched and happy. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry to rant, mamas, but I just needed to vent a little to folks that will understand. Hope everyone else is having a good day, and congratulations to the new BFP mamas!!
Steph, we are here so you can rant... I can't imagine many of us having anyone to rant to IRL! Anyone I say anything to tells me to wean Adrian, so I have stopped mentioning it at all. If it is any consolation, I think DH has reached breaking point and wants DS night weaned, so we will most likely be starting that (following Dr Jay Gordon's approach) this weekend. DS kept us both up most of the night, whining and writhing and wanting to nurse constantly... all I wanted was some sleep. But I think that maybe he has a food intolerance that caused it... we shall see. But DH has put his foot down. I am kind of sad but a lot relieved... and I think that is a huge signal that we should go ahead. all that to say... if you're feeling resentful in the slightest, it means something needs to change to restore the balance. I hope you can work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourishma View Post
hi...I've been lurking here for a few months, but I am starting to get serious about ttc and I was thinking I might get some support/hints here...
ds is 18 mos old and I really want to get pregnant again very soon...I want my kids to be fairly close together and I really feel that now if we had another one on the way it would be good spacing. I am trying not to stress about it too much but I really want another baby...ds is still nursing very frequently, probably 3 times a night and very often during the day...I have been told by mil that if I am serious about wanting to conceive, I need to wean ds, but I don't feel open to that in any way...I don't think he is ready, I'm not ready at all, I feel that I want to nurse him until at least 2 and also I feel discomfort about the concept of cutting our time short in order to make way for another one...
I had been charting up until a couple of months ago when it became too depressing for me...af returned when ds was like 6 mos old but I had extremely long cycles (around 50 days) and the was no distinct thermal change in them, basically, I definitely wasn't ovulating a few months ago, my temps went up and down willy-nilly with no pattern....I havent been able to resume temping though my last two cycles have been 33 days and 32 days so I am thinking perhaps something has happened...
I'm taking vitex, lots of primrose oil, tons of green tea and I bought an opk....im on cycle day 17 and still no lh surge....
if anyone has any further tips on anything I can do to increase my chances and maintain my sanity, i'd be grateful...
ds still isn't consuming that much food so I don't feel that cutting back on nursing would really be appropriate at this point and i'm trying to remind myself that if he is nursing so much as to supress ovulation then he must not be ready to share mama....
i just want to be pregnant so badly and I can't help but feel that maybe something is wrong with me and ill never be fertile again...
mama! I didn't get my + opk until cd21 this cycle - did you chart before you conceived your DS? I don't know if you're willing to try the "don't offer, don't refuse" method, or even trying to distract him a little... as far as the solids goes, a couple of friends of mine found their LO's started to eat more table food when the booby wasn't always available... just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
LInzie
anovulatory cycles really suck! :
I'm with ya though in having just that little bit of hope in the back of my mind. I keep thinking, those temps are just off....maybe I really did o and now am pg! I mean I have been having cramps for 4 days or so now. I never had cramps that long before af. And THESE cramps are causing me MAJOR PAIN. It is so odd.
But that is a strange pg symptom.
Elaina, testing can't hurt... at worst you will know for sure and won't be able to entertain the possibility any more... which sadly, at least in my case, is a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
So I tested today(10DPO), BFN. I'm not really surprised. I'm just not feeling like this is it.

Elaina:I'm feeling like you in that I'm having an anov cycle and that FF is going to take my CH away anyday now. I almost feel like I just want to get AF so that I complete a cycle that looks "normal".

I started out charting this cycle with a crappy thermometer and then switched mid-cycle. My temps have stabilized with using the new one, but I'm afraid that FF just gave me CH based on inaccurate info.

: I'm feeling discouraged and want to move onto the next cycle. Or maybe I'm just feeling moody and that's an early pregnancy symptom........(do we have a yeah, right smilie??)
Linzie, I'm sorry about the BFN. I hope you get a in a few days!

Quote:
Alright mamas,

It's official...BFP!!

Today is 11dpo, and I have ALL the symptoms that I had with my first, even the breast tenderness feels the same, despite the fact that I am a nursing mama. I took a test this morning, and was clear to see. Not super dark yet, but definitely positive!

Thanks so much for all the excellent work on the thread this month, Bella Catalina and last month, Esmlranch! Last month was my first month on MDC, and it has been amazing to find this community.

And thanks to all you mamas who shared your stories here with me and helped me to keep a good amount of perspective and humor on the TTC journey!

I will be lurking, and sending you all tons of baby dust!

Thanks! Emily
Emily, congratulations!!! How exciting! What is your EDD?

Quote:
Bella: Thanks much for the info. I guess I will fall under waiting to O since I'm not sure. What does CM mean? WHich means ovulation - high or low temp?
CM is cervical mucus (I hate that word)... I often say CF which is cervical fluid... sounds much more appealing The higher temps in the second half of your cycle mean you have ovulated, so they are a hindsight thing in that regard - they can tell you that you have ovulated but can't tell you when you're about to. I second the recommendation to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is an awesome book!

As for me, not thermal shift yet, but DS kept us awake most of the night, so I'm sticking to Elaina's (?) theory of poor sleep means a low temp! Guess we should DTD tonight as well, just in case... but yesterday's opk was negative, though almost +.

We went to see "Knocked Up" yesterday. So crude in parts and so normal in others... like polar opposites from scene to scene. But at the end I was in tears - I guess being a mommy affects you like that when you've BTDT. I left with the longing to be pregnant again. Sure, I have wanted to be pregnant again since a few hours after Adrian was born, and we've been ttc 6 months now, but last night was the first time I actually felt that physical pang and longing for it... so I know I am completely emotionally ready now. I really really hope this is our month... I know 6mths is not long at all, but I know you all understand that it starts to get tired after a while... even for me, who enjoys the ttc and charting part.

Sorry for the life story but I know you all understand in some way.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:13 AM

hi there,

I'm happily BF our dear daughter, but also impatiently waiting for PPAF so we can get started on #2.

We are currently only BF twice a day (first thing am, last thing pm), but still no PPAF. She is about 10.5 months old, and, given our current living/working situation, it would be perfect to have the next one ASAP...of course, God may have other things in store for us!

we had some EWCM for about 2-3 days, and DTD...I'm not optimistic about getting pregnant, but just trying to be glad that my body is 'warming up' again.

I toyed with the idea of stopping the night feeding, but DD has to remain my priority...

lovely to 'meet' you all, sometimes DH and the rest of the world just doesn't understand my yearning for another.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:29 AM

[QUOTE=Bella Catalina;8302147

Elaina, testing can't hurt... at worst you will know for sure and won't be able to entertain the possibility any more... which sadly, at least in my case, is a bad thing [/QUOTE]

funny you should mention that......................i was lurking in a ddc and one mama posted that her only symptom was an aching back.......so of course at that point i could not stand it any longer and i poas.
: and totally negative, not a hint of a line. the only thing is that i did not use fmu. i am 98% convinced that i am not pg. (i will probably still test on dh bday thurs and hope for a miracle): :

i am really going to try to relax and enjoy the ttc process. it has been a good thing for my relationship with dh. it sure seems like my body is trying to do something. i will just hope i pull myself together this summer. september will be freak out time!

nourishma i also wonder all the time what is wrong with me and if i will ever be fertile. it terrifies me.

we are going to continue to try night weaning, at least get rid of the one early am feed. i think ds is on to me now, he does not wake until 4, then he disrupts my sleep and my chance for accurate temping.:

to all you mamas waiting for ppaf especially when your "baby" is 2 or 3 yrs old! i am so frustrated too! come on already. i just hope it will not be necessary to completely wean.

welcome new mama's. rant on! that's what we are all here for!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:48 AM

bella catalina- thanks for the welcome and the response....telling me that you didn't get an opk until cd 21 gives me much hope, I can't completely rule out the chances that I may o this month yet...it is so discouraging to think of the possibility that my body may not be reflecting my hearts desire but I have faith that I will be blessed once more with another beautiful baby when the time is right....but it would be easier if mother nature would agree that the time for that is soon. I totally understand your "pangs" of desire for pregnancy as I am suffering/revelling in the same feelings. The other day I was watching a movie and at one point in the movie, they show a mother falling in love with her baby and I just remembered how incredible it was when I first felt my son in my arms and though I feel the same feeling all the time for ds, I want another being to feel that way about. Plus I think ds would make such a good big brother. Anyway, I'll cross my fingers for this month.
I do try to operate on the don't offer principle with nursing, but he asks so often that I don't think it makes a huge difference....I am however trying to set up some boundaries such as "we don't nurse at the dinner table" and "we're not just going to pop on and off, you get to nurse once", but he definitely like to spend much of his time at the breast. I am lucky that my supply is still so profuse (I still wear brest pads and get engorged and leak and spray everywhere) but I often wonder if this has lessened my chances...
I didn't chart before ds, my cycles have always been irregular, so much so that I always had a fear of infertility....hopefully getting pregnant with ds was not just a fluke and my body is capable.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 AM

I sometimes wonder if I should be yearning this much for another baby. Shouldn't we feel blessed that we already have one (or more?)

I have a friend who is struggling with ttc their first...and I don't know if I can/should feel like this, when we already have a beautiful daughter.

I kind of feel like I'm not giving DD my ALL when I start to wish we had another...

would I be OK if we never had another? I would NEVER want DD to feel like she was a disappointment...

anyone else feel like this?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM

GeoGirl~ I often feel that way, too. I have two lovely children, so maybe I should just be happy and grateful for that and stop thinking so much that I need to have another one. For me it's tricky, because my DS is severely disabled, and I would so like DD to have a typical sibling experience. I do think that siblings are important, and it's a special relationship that I would hate to deprive my kids of. It's a tough issue you bring up, and definitely something I think about often. My feelings seem to vacillate from day to day, too. One day I feel fine with not having another one, and the next day it seems like I couldn't bear it if I didn't have one more. I think we will give it another 6 months or so, and at that point maybe reevaluate whether we want to keep trying or not.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Geo Girl . . .re: wanting another. I think your feelings are completely understandable. I do think, though, that it is possible to honour and cherish the child(ren) you already have and still yearn for another. Doesn't make DD or DS a "disappointment" but rather a huge gift that caused you to want another, kwim? Anyway, just the way I look at it.

My chart is looking good . . .FF gave me CH's!!!! Yahoo!! I am either 5DPO or 3 DPO, depending on whether I discard the temp from the night I slept in the deep freeze basement .

Here's my current dilemma . . . I have those ultra sensitive generic HPT's that are used in dr's offices. They say they detect as early as 6DPO (5-50 McG HCG). DON"T TELL ME THAT! Cuz now you know I just gotta test at 6DPO. Ridiculous, I know. Someone talk me out of it

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 PM

I check in with this group pretty often, just keep quiet since I feel like I don't knwo much about TTC... well, I never updated from waiting for O...
I jsut found out I am pregnant and I have a little girl who will be 1 year next week.
I'm excited and totally freaked... thanks for all your wisdom ladies!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:18 PM

attached2mason Just keep telling yourself its better if you wait till 10dpo because that way at least you know

newchicagomommy congrats: : : : : : :

User Tag List