TTC #1 in our 30's ~ June Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
I looked up the signature policy (since I just edited my signature to include more than one smilie and hadn't heard anything about using only one) and here's what it says:

"You may format your signature with fonts and colors and place smilies within it but please do not enlarge the font size or exceed two post lines of single-spaced text (moderators are permitted beyond two lines for board announcements and community helpful info). Please do not place an excessive number of smilies in your signature. Smilie use does draw on bandwidth so please help us conserve. "
That's weird because I get this message when I try to add more than one smiley. I'd love to use the chart image rather than the text, but I can't do it:

"You have included 2 images in your message. You are limited to using 1 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Still lurking of course. :

PinkOrchid you're only allowed one smiley in your signature until you've been a member for 60 days or something like that. Mischevium's instructions for linking the chart are great. Oh and about showing your DH your positive OPK!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM

I wonder if the link option is only for FF. I have my chart on TCOYF and it didn't work... hmmmm:

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
Old 06-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the explanation Dee!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM

I just had a postive prenancy test this morning (and 18 days of high temps.)! I'm so excited--this is what I had been praying for! + test on my birthday and will be pregnant on my first baby's due date (July 20th). I think it will make my miscarriage and duedate easier to take.

Thanks for being a cool community. God bless the rest of you who are still waiting for your little blessing.

Melanie : so excited!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Melanie!!!!

: : :

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That makes 7 BFP in the month of June!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 PM

Melanie!

Congratulations!

YAY! And Happy, Happy Birthday!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 06-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Melanie!!!! : :

Congrats Mama!!!

I hope you have a happy and HEALTHY nine months!! :

WOOT!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Old 06-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Congratulations On Your Positive!!!!!
Yeah!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Congrats Melanie!
:

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 PM

Congratulations Melanie!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Congratulations, Melanie! I'm sending you tons of !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting2BaMom View Post
I wonder if the link option is only for FF. I have my chart on TCOYF and it didn't work... hmmmm:
I'm not sure... as long as you have a separate URL assigned by TCOYF to your chart, it should work... unless the site requires people to sign in to be able to view charts : ? Anyone who uses the TCOYF site have any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 PM

CONGRATS MELANIE : :

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=pinkorchid2;8497898]Laura, as far as I can tell we are only allowed to have 1 smiley in our signature. I assume that the ladies who have more have had them there since before this rule went into effect.

Here is what to do if you want the chart icon to be in your sig -
in ff (fertilityfriend) you should go to Sharing > Home Page Setup. There should be a URL for your chart there as well as places for you to choose what to show on your public chart. Once you have URL, edit your signature to include this and make sure your ff URL is in there -

PINKORCHID
THANKS FOR THE INFO... I had to delete my other icon and post the chart. I linked it and ... TA-DA! You can check out my fertile facts : Anywho, I need some sleep, I get giddy if I am tired! Wishing everyone a safe and fertile 4th of July weekend! 7DPO (though I think I may actually be 9 or 10) and counting... UGH the agony!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:07 AM
soc

Hello.

I'm new to MDC...

I'm largely a LURKER on this site .
I must say, though, the info and support given in here is great.

I'll be turning 30 in JULY, and I'm TTC #1, so I thought, 'what the hey', and decided to make myself known in this thread. So, HOWDY!

Here's hoping that each one of us graduates from this thread with a BFP and a lovely bundle of joy!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 AM

CONGRATS MELANIE!

: : :

Welcome soc!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Laura (wanting2bamom) I added your chart to the first post.

Soc, welcome!! I also added you to the first post with your chart.

Thank you ladies for letting me keep the June thread, it has been a priviledge.

Congrats to the 7 BFP's we had this month and to the 2 that didn't stick

May the treadkeeper luck continue! Michelle (Fiberlover) will be your July threadkeeper.

to everyone, may July bring many more BFP!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Welcome soc .

Congratulations Melanie!

Thanks for keeping the thread this month jujubie!

FF gave me crosshairs this morning. Yay! So now it's just a waiting game.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM

As if the kidney stone and surgery weren't enough, and the infection wasn't enough on top of that, I'm now in withdrawal from the pain meds I've been on for a month. More info's on my blog, if you want to know more.

Happily, I think I'm FINALLY on the mend for real (she says, knocking on every available wooden surface).

Congrats to all my newly pregnant thread buddies!
Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Hi everybody!

Congratulations Melanie!!!
And happy birthday! What a great birthday present!!!

Rain and Kiya - thanks for the support with regards to my comments on not visiting MDC so often. You're right that a break is doing me some good. I'm not temping, not OPK'ing and only checking MDC once in a while. It feels good. But Rain, you are so right that a few days after AF, I felt much better. Thanks for the sunshine you sent my way - it really did make me feel better. (I'll send some your way too in case it's still raining where you are!)

Welcome soc!

I really do love this thread. You ladies are so full of wisdom!! And funny too. I love the comments on "wiping" - we all do it, right!? And pinkorchid2, I love your story with the bug-eyes smilie! DH's can be a great source of funny stories!!

Last night after sex, my DH (who was on top at that moment) says to me, "put your legs up" and he grabs them and hikes them up into the air so I'm almost upside down to get the sperm to the right place! TTC does present some challenges but it's also an opportunity for closeness and growth in our relationships, isn't it?

Well, my update is that my blood test is normal and DH's SA was normal. I'm scheduled for an HSG for July 24 but I will probably postpone until my new insurance kicks in in Aug - I believe it will cover 100% instead of 50%. It was a hard choice - save $250 and wait a whole month or pay the $250... but we decided to save the money and give us another month to get PG on our own.

Kemi, Christina and Rain - it's great that you have positive attitudes about TTC for one year now. You are right - you're still "normal" and you know your bodies very well now. Many people have waited longer than that and it will happen for you.

Frog - I'm so sorry to hear about your complications. But glad to hear you are on the mend and the stone is GONE!

Michelle -

Welcome mischievium!!

I'm O'ing sometime this weekend so we are BD'ing. : We are also planning to install our tile backsplash in the kitchen. We're taking it easy so probably won't get the whole project done this weekend. But maybe by next weekend.

Wanted to ask you ladies about something: I have been thinking that just b/c I'm not PG doesn't mean I can't find a way to show my love for babies. I was hoping to volunteer at the neo-natal section of the hospital where they have a "Cuddler" program where volunteers hold and feed the preemies. I see that mischievium, you are a neo-natal nurse... cool! I guess I have two questions for you all - do you think it might make it harder to not be getting PG spending time around babies as opposed being a positive outlet for my babylove? Also, do you have any other ideas on ways to be around babies? The Cuddler program has a 2 year wait for volunteering!! I was wondering about maybe even babysitting? I wish I had a neighbor/friend nearby who had a baby and needed a sitter once a week or something...

Well, I guess it'll be July soon! See you over at the new thread!! (See what happened when I didn't check the post for a while - I'm verbose!)
Old 06-30-2007, 05:22 PM

Wow! Look what happens when I'm not looking...Congrats to all the BFP's for the month and big hugs to the ladies for whom the babies didn't stick. 7 BFPs really does shake up the stats here.

Well I'm off to do my weekly update.

I'm on CD7 and yesterday DH and I went to go see a Chinese doctor about what we can do about ttc. Well it was very interesting because he said that neither of us needed acupuncture. My energy isn't blocked, it's just low. DH's energy is a bit blocked and the way to get it unstuck is to have lots of sex (thus the low sex drive) and also he was able to tell by our pulses what was the matter with us. My reproductive energy is low so it just needs to get raised up a bit. So he prescribed some herbs for both DH and I. He basically compounded the herbs together and put them in bags. I'm going to see him again to get my pulse taken to check the energy in 4 weeks and DH goes back in 2 weeks, but in the meantime, we'll be taking the herbs and buying them every 10 days or so. I think that we're on the right track with this in that I knew that there was nothing seriously the matter with either DH or I, but I knew that there was something going on that wasn't allowing for us to get pregnant. I have a very good feeling about this, though I know that it may take some time to bring my energy levels back up. Our doc was so cool about this and he was very knowledgeable and friendly. Another thing he told me was that I should eat more dairy(yay! Ice cream!!!) and to stop eating soy because it has estrogen-like effects and that too much causes an imbalance of yin in the body (which I have). Yin is the female aspect of the yin-yang. By eating more dairy, I'm bringing up my yang qualities which will make me more powerfully fertile. It's pretty neat. Anyways, I just wanted to fill in with the details because I hear some ladies going to the Chinese doctor, but not giving up the details of what they're doing or going on. We'll see how it goes for us and I'll let you know here and there how I'm feeling. I guess I'll write back again during O time!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 06-30-2007, 07:26 PM

to melanie~heartfelt congratulations to you! so pleased you received the BEST birthday present!

frog~truly sorry for all the layers of discomfort this past month. i hope july is a smoother, healing month for you. when my DH was in the throes of serious chronic pain last year, i did a lot of acupressure on him which seemed to help...

jencat~i'm not sure where you live but here in san francisco we have a lot of mom and baby yoga classes and people volunteer to come hold the babies while the mommies try to get a little much needed stretching in. it's a beautiful collective energy of breath, crying, moving, soothing and gurgling. if you can find such a class where you live, might be a really fulfilling way to be immersed in babies. and yes, i agree, while frustrating, the TTC journey can lend itself to greater bonding. i'm just starting to open up to that, the positive side of our sincere attempts every month, keeping it spicy in the bedroom and being playful about it all too. thanks for sharing that cute story!

kjad29~i really enjoyed hearing about your trip to the chinese doc. i used to do this a long time ago and have been thinking that a visit might be beneficial. my long time vegetarian body has been seriously giving me some eat-meat cravings and i've been listening to that, as well as eat full-fat dairy. (FYI-i'm a strong veg. advocate, but eating more meat seems to have increased my libido) i'm very petite and it's hard to put on weight--i've really been trying to get the body fat up. i found your comments about soy so interesting. i never thought about that and i eat tons of soy. i love that you went with DH and I hope the herbs provide the right balance for you both.

be well, all~

jennifer 33 TTC#1 since Jan. married to DH since 2000

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 PM

Hello all~
Can't believe tomorrow is July!! DH and I just began the TTC journey this week! I can imagine that during the next 2 weeks I will be questioning every burp, twing, and food choice.: Any recommendations on how to get my mind of the potential arrival or vanishinment of AF??

cheers~
Rhonda
Old 07-01-2007, 12:24 AM

jencat - good to see you back. thanks for the sunshine. we still haven't had a day without rain..for about 20 days now! i'm just calling this the rainy season, and trying to enjoy it. i had a good laugh about your dh putting your legs up. mine asked me the other day if he needed to take his temperature too. (i just started semi-charting.)

i just went to a new acupuncturist yesterday, and this is my experience so far... i'm not sure if i will stay with her, but there are only 3 in my city, and i've already been to 2.

she, and the previous acu i visited, said that i am low on kidney & liver yang. she is treating me with herbs and acupuncture and the points are actually a little painful right now. usually i don't feel much after a treatment, but today i was exhausted, nauseous, and achy. she happens to believe that soy is actually a very good food for women. i didn't debate because i've gotten so tired of the conflicting research that i've decided to only eat it occasionally. like kemi, i was told to eat warmer foods - nothing directly out of the fridge, and to consume "warming" spices such as ginger, garlic & tumeric. this isn't the case for everyone; it's supposedly beneficial for those of us who are deficient in yang qualities.

i was vegetarian for 17 years --after working 1 week at mcdonalds! i suddenly had a craving for turkey on thanksgiving 3 years ago - and almost gave several family members a heart attack! anyway, an acupuncturist and a naturopath have both told me that, given my yin disposition, i probably need the "restorative" energy that eating meat can bring to some. i only consume turkey, chicken and fish occasionally, but i do feel healthier and more grounded. i've also become a bit more athletic.

rhon - my advice is to clean your house from top to bottom, or to embark on a 2 week project that doesn't involve anything toxic.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:08 AM
soc

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Welcome mischievium!!

Wanted to ask you ladies about something: I have been thinking that just b/c I'm not PG doesn't mean I can't find a way to show my love for babies. I was hoping to volunteer at the neo-natal section of the hospital where they have a "Cuddler" program where volunteers hold and feed the preemies. I see that mischievium, you are a neo-natal nurse... cool! I guess I have two questions for you all - do you think it might make it harder to not be getting PG spending time around babies as opposed being a positive outlet for my babylove? Also, do you have any other ideas on ways to be around babies? The Cuddler program has a 2 year wait for volunteering!! I was wondering about maybe even babysitting? I wish I had a neighbor/friend nearby who had a baby and needed a sitter once a week or something...

Well, I guess it'll be July soon! See you over at the new thread!! (See what happened when I didn't check the post for a while - I'm verbose!)
Hi Jencat! Thanks for the welcome. About the cuddling: Well, if there is really a 2 year wait (!?!), then you could always put your name on the list now and if you don't feel like you can handle it later (either because you have your own baby who needs cuddling or because you think it will be too hard on you emotionally), then you can take your name off the list. Another random question, and this is just probably a difference in hospital policies, but do they really let you FEED the preemies? I ask because preemies can be really difficult to feed-- either because they tire easily and it takes some "encouragement" to get them to take the whole feed, or because they are more prone to having As and Bs ("apnea" where they stop breathing and consequently "bradycardia" where their heart rate drops/ dips). I could see it with a stable preemie who took all their feeds with no problem, but were still in the hospital for some other reason, though I have to say those babies, at least in my unit, are in the minority-- but we could almost always use someone to cuddle the babies . Anyway... I can't think of any other opportunities right now, but I'll chime in later if I think of any.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 AM

And welcome to soc and Rhon!

User Tag List