2WW Thread for the beginning of June - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WeasleyMum : :

I say test again tomorrow! I bet you will get a BFP then!

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#212 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM

MARA!!!! Sounds like it's worth celebrating to me! A line is a line, so they say, right????

My only word of caution - how far along were you with your m/c? It's possible for hormones to stay in your system for several weeks following a m/c. I only mention this because I got a positive test following a m/c and I was all psyched, but then I tested again a few days later, and it was negative, so I think it was just the extra hormones still in my system. However, that was about 5 weeks post m/c, and you said that yours was in April, so I doubt that's an issue. I would test again in a few days, and it should be darker!

I'm cautiously thrilled for you!

Congrats!
-Mindi
#213 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindi22 View Post
MARA!!!! Sounds like it's worth celebrating to me! A line is a line, so they say, right????

My only word of caution - how far along were you with your m/c? It's possible for hormones to stay in your system for several weeks following a m/c. I only mention this because I got a positive test following a m/c and I was all psyched, but then I tested again a few days later, and it was negative, so I think it was just the extra hormones still in my system. However, that was about 5 weeks post m/c, and you said that yours was in April, so I doubt that's an issue. I would test again in a few days, and it should be darker!

I'm cautiously thrilled for you!

Congrats!
-Mindi
The miscarriage was April 16, two months ago tomorrow. My doc suggested that we wait one "full cycle" until trying again-- that is, wait until getting that first period post-MC, then trying that month, which is what we did. My last period (not the miscarriage) started May 20. So I really think the old hormones should be good and gone by now, right?

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#214 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 06:04 PM

I would think that would be enough time, especially if it was an early miscarriage. Take another test tomorrow or Sunday, and if it looks darker, I'd start celebrating a positive!

YEAH!
Mindi
#215 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 06:05 PM

I agree it should be enough time.

I just had a very early miscarriage and the hormone was out of my system in about a week.

Good luck, let us know!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#216 of 220 Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Alright I am still feeling pregnant and hoping for the best, but I wish I had more of a handle on my cycle.... The 2-3ww is driving me crazy....
#217 of 220 Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellejar View Post
Alright I am still feeling pregnant and hoping for the best, but I wish I had more of a handle on my cycle.... The 2-3ww is driving me crazy....

Are you testing tomorrow? I got my bfp at 13dpo with a cheapie test. Good luck to you.

Kirkland, eh? We're basically neighbors!
#218 of 220 Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 PM

My cycle is up to 36 days and traditionally, I don't get a BFP early, if anything they are late. I am that 1% that doesn't show up until the 20th day after conception! : Bothell - we are neighbors *grin*!
#219 of 220 Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 PM

I was traveling last week and haven't been around, but I wanted you to know that I got a BFP on June 19th! EDD Feb 27th!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#220 of 220 Old 06-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Wow, congrats, Lauren!!! :

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page