How long does it take Ovidrel to leave your system??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2007, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So if it was 5000iu I've heard many different things, like 1000iu leaves every day until it's out, so does that mean it's only 5 days to leave?

If it's been 10 days since I did the shot, should it be out by now?

Please help me??? OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THIS BE THE BFP THAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING 15 MONTHS FOR.....

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 AM

I lifted this from peeonastick.com:

---------
44. How long does it take synthetic hCG (trigger shot) to leave my body before I can test for pregnancy?

Every woman's metabolism is different, but as a general rule of thumb, you should allow 1 day for every 1,000 units of hCG you injected. The standard hCG dose is 10,000 units; thus, 10 days after the shot, the synthetic hCG should be gone and you should be able to test for pregnancy without detecting the shot. However, you should ask your doctor what the recommended protocol for your dosage is.

Some women choose to test daily to monitor the presence of the hCG in their bodies; once the synthetic hCG is gone, the tests become negative. If the hCG "comes back" and the HPT's turn positive again, it's likely due to a pregnancy and not the leftover hormone shot.
---------

So, yeah... I would think that 5000 shot should be out of your system by now. Did you test again today?? I hope this is the real deal for you!!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM

I tested out my ovidrel once and it was gone 8 days after the shot. Hope this is the real deal! :
Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I did test again today and I think it was a bum test or something. My test today was an evap I suppose. I hate this, another month and I'm not pregnant. Now, we're going to Cincinnati on Wed morning and I have to suck up the fact that I'm not pregnant and get over it so I can pretend that it's not breaking my heart while I'm there. We're going for a wedding, so I can't spoil the trip.

Thanks again ladies!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

User Tag List