Nursing mommies in July - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How exciting! I loved my DH's reaction when I told him I was pg. last time. I can't wait to have another BFP to tell him about. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats you two let me know when you want to be moved
Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM

It's so cool that you caught the first egg, Elaina. It must have been SO BORING to temp and temp and temp for months waiting to see a sign of O. And I know I would be annoyed at all the inevitable 'we should probably BD because I have some CM' moments. I find BDing because we "have" to quite tedious. Speaking of which, I'm sitting here waiting for DH to finish what he's doing so we can do just that before I get on an airplane without him tomorrow. Even though my temp was up this morning, I feel like we should get one last one in, just in case it's down again in the morning. I (and FF!) have been fooled before.

Once again, congrats! I hope your POAS experience tomorrow will be satisfying. Are you going to tell DH tonight or wait until you have a really solid test? I suspect that I speak for many here when I say that I feel privileged to hear about it before your DH did!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM

Well, I talked to the nurse at the midwives and she agrees that my long cycle is probably dues to baby nursing more. She reccomended the O tests or the microscope and keep BDing. Guess I'll watch for some good CM and go at it and hope for the best.

Move me to Waiting to O I guess.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 PM

Okay, my subscriptions are all screwed up. I've missed a lot.
First, huge congrats to quirkylane and Elaina! That's so exciting.

Sarah, your chart looks so similar to mine, with the dips in it. FF and I somewhat disagree. I really think based on other signs that I O'ed on Friday, FF says Sunday. I know, I'm splitting hairs really. Baby will come when ready, and 2 days won't make a difference then, but I'd like to know when to expect some other early signs, and when I can POAS! I'll be watching for implantation bleeding. I had it with both my kids at exactly 10 dpo. Hopefully that will slightly clear things up.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

------------------Updated to here--------------------
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM

I completely forgot. I'm a complete ditz.

Please move me to success stories!

Can I blame pregnancy brain?

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
Old 07-19-2007, 01:11 AM

Elaina: 2 weeks is nothing when it comes to due dates!! You could have those babies on the same day!!!!! Keeping it a secret must be soooo hard! At least you've got us to tell all about it!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
Old 07-19-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
Elaina: 2 weeks is nothing when it comes to due dates!! You could have those babies on the same day!!!!! Keeping it a secret must be soooo hard! At least you've got us to tell all about it!
We are in trouble if we have the babies on the same day. WE are both counting on my mom to come help with our toddlers and we live cross country from each other!
My sister was actually only 2 months ahead of me in our last pg but she had her son 1 month early. He was small but just fine. I, on the other hand, went full term and had a huge baby. So if history repeats itself-which I think it usually does with birthing- there should be a little space at least.
But you never know!!!!!!!!!

I did tell DH. I showed him the stick and he held it under the light and squinted at it and was not convinced. He still considers me only PUPO! Hopefully tomorrows line will be dark enough for him!

Well off to bed so I can get up and POAS early tomorrow!
I am so excited that I can't even sleep.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 AM

Congratulations quirkylayne, ibbit and Elaina!!!! : :

I LOVE coming to check up here and seeing lots of BFPs!!

Christina, for you and your brother Are you feeling OK?

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Hello, I'm new. My name is Jennifer, and I am nursing my dd, who is 33 months old. My IUD just kinda popped out (and we were talking about having it removed, guess it was meant to be, lol) and we're waiting for my first AF before actually getting serious with the TTC. But I've started charting (just CM, CP, and CO) and am considering temping, but probably not yet, we're not in any hurry.

So hi everyone!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:50 AM

Hi Jen! I am Janet SAHMa to 4, my nursling will be turning 2 on August 6th. We have been trying for over a year now for one more with 2 chemicals and a m/c at just under 8 weeks. We just finished our first cycle TTC again after April's m/c.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannyjo View Post
Hi Jen! I am Janet SAHMa to 4, my nursling will be turning 2 on August 6th. We have been trying for over a year now for one more with 2 chemicals and a m/c at just under 8 weeks. We just finished our first cycle TTC again after April's m/c.
thanks for the baby dust. I'm sorry to hear about your m/c, and hope you get a soon!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismom1029 View Post
thanks for the baby dust. I'm sorry to hear about your m/c, and hope you get a soon!
You are very welcome for the . Thank you for your kind words. I hope your stay here is short and sweet!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:33 PM

I am worried this am. The line is def darker on todays test. That is good.
My temp dropped. A lot. That is bad.
BUT I was cold last night. I needed another blanket and I didn't get up to get one so I would not be moving around before I temped.
I was also up late last night working on a project so did not have much sleep.
The line IS darker today. And a line is a line, right?
So do you think todays temps are just low from the environment?
I am trying not to stress but that is hard for me.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm sorry to say I don't know much about temps. It sounds like you had some out of the ordinary circumastances that could have caused it. Hopefully they will be back up tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM

FF gave me my crosshairs today! I'm 3 DPO!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
I am worried this am. The line is def darker on todays test. That is good.
My temp dropped. A lot. That is bad.
BUT I was cold last night. I needed another blanket and I didn't get up to get one so I would not be moving around before I temped.
I was also up late last night working on a project so did not have much sleep.
The line IS darker today. And a line is a line, right?
So do you think todays temps are just low from the environment?
I am trying not to stress but that is hard for me.
Yay for a darker line!! Your temp sounds like a lot of extenuating (sp?) circumstances to me. And I'm at you not wanting to get up to get an extra blanket because stirring would disturb your temp! at the craziness us temping mamas think of from a dead sleep!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 PM

i know.....i feel a little neurotic. what logic! i didn't figure out that being cold would effect my temp more than being out of bed for a minute.
i am nervous though. like the pg could just go away. it took a little time bor the line to appear this am. it seemed like forever but i am sure it was just a minute or so.
i have a fr to test with tomorrow. we will see what that does.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Elaina, your temp is fine! Congrats, girl!! So exciting, you caught the first egg! I think it was the cold factor that affected your temp, but it is still well above the CL, so you're fine!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM

thanks brooke, i really needed some reassurance!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:55 PM

Well it looks like I may be leaving you all, but not for a good reason...: I had an ectopic pregnancy that required surgery last week. I was hoping that it would resolve and I would not need a drug called methotexrate, but it looks like there is still some unresolved tissue growing and I needed a shot of the drug.

This is a very potent drug that is contraindicated in nursing soooo, it looks like my little guy may be forced to wean. I may be able to start up again after 4-7 days but ??? We will have to wait and see if I need another shot and if there is any traces of it in my milk, next week. I thank god that this happened when he was almost 3 (in 2 weeks exactly!) and not when he was 3 or 6 months but it is still hard since he is such a little milkie lover. I think he has been stocking up ever since I told him that mommies milkies were going to go away for awhile, it's been like he's 6 months old again. Nursing, nursing, nursing!

I will find out more in the coming week(s). Hopefully we aren't done yet, unless he wants to of course.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Hi mamas!!

I was on this thread last year trying to get pregger with dd - so I remember how hard some months were waiting for that double line!! All that to say: someone I met the other day told me she and her dh tried 3 yrs to get preg and nothing had worked. They'd been tested for fertility issues and both came up fine. Someone ELSE told them to take Robitussin and one month later they were expecting!! She's since told 3 friends ttc and in one month THEY got pregger too - something about how it clears up excess mucus down there and gives the sperm a clear ride up!

Just wanted to pass it on and hope that soon you will ALL be having BFPs!!!

Love and hugs,
Ellie
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 PM

Oh Cheryl I'm so sorry. Is there maybe another med they could give you that is nursing friendly?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM

Can you add my to the list please? We won't be charting for TTC yet, but we are hoping for baby #3. We aren't saying we are trying to anyone IRL, and we are just kinda letting things happen if they do. I charted to get pg with #2 (took 4 cycles), and I've been temping since PPAF returned last fall. I'm on cycle day #9 and I usually ovulate around day 15-20, but we were in a car accident earlier this week so I don't know if that will delay anything (I'm okay, but sore). I'm only going to keep track of what day I'm on and what day I think I might have ovulated (I'm usually able to tell pretty easy) and not worry about the rest.

I'm still nursing my 15 month old ds about 6x day and I will continue as long as I can through a pregnancy. I got pregnant with #2 when dd was about this age and she weaned at 18 months. She then started back up after ds was born and weaned again when he was 5 months old and she was almost 2 1/2. If my cycle isn't disrupted from the accident and I get pregnant, I'd be due right around the same time my other kids have been born We love spring babies!

I'm excited to be joining this thread! :

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 07-19-2007, 07:57 PM

I am so sorry Cheryl.

Heather
Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM

Naturegirl-
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your ds will nurse again after this temporary weaning. I would bet if you offer it to him when the meds are out of your system that he will go for it. It must be really hard to be going through all this and then have to wean also

~Rebecca

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 PM

cheryl, big hugs to you. i'm sorry you're still having to deal with this so intently.

celestial, welcome & i can sense your excitement from your post.

congrats to all the bfp's.

christina, i'm still thinking good thoughs for you and your family. your bro's gf's father is an a-number-1 jerk; how sad for her to be put in such a horrible position. i hope she and your brother are dealing with it okay.

here's my update...i'm either 14dpo or 11dpo (wacky mucus this month):

okay, so i could't wait till tomorrow or saturday to pee on a stick. i'm 1.5 days b4 missed period. i did it in the middle of the night last night. woke up @ 330 having to pee really badly, so i poas. but my pee was way more dilute than i expected. the control line was really dark, but i *think* i saw a very faint (pos) line in the results window. we're talking very faint...as in, how do i know that the line just wasn't a flaw in the cheap test? now i can't be convinced it wasn't just an evap line, but i'm out of tests for the moment. dh didn't see anything, fwiw. AND i can't remember if the line had any color to it at all.

i know the instructions say any line is a positive, but i don't want to get my hopes up again only to be crushed...esp if it's just a fluke of the test/evap line. fyi, it was a 3-min develop time, invalid after 10. the 'line' showed after about 2.5 min, and stayed the same the rest of the time. when i looked at it again this am (3 hrs later), the line was only a teensy bit darker.

so for now, i'm still in the 2ww, though i plan to poas with fmu tomorrow!

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 PM

: for you Raegan!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 PM

Ohhh.. fingers and toes all crossed for you Raegan

Heather

User Tag List