Nursing mommies in July - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 610 Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had a question for you ladies....I see alot of you talking about Evening Primrose Oil....why are you taking it? I found out to take to help labor, does it help fertility and pregnanvy early too??

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 610 Old 07-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I think I will join you mamas for real this time I got my PPAF at the very end of June. I thought I might have ovulated earlier in the month, but OPKs said I didn't. DH and I DTD on Thursday and I'm thinking that I ovulated on Friday based on CF and CP. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Do many of y'all temp with a lot of nightwakings? Do you find that it works? My DD still nurses every 1-3 hours all night, so I haven't tried to resume temping.

Mama to two wonderful DDs (10/06 and 09/08) and expecting a DS 1/1/11!
#483 of 610 Old 07-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegenrae View Post
oh, no! i'm so sorry for you. good luck catching that next egg. the bright side is that you don't have to wait as long for it... (did that help at all???)

((hugs, woman))

Thanks. It does help a little because at least I'm not agonizing over the next 10+ days wondering if I am or not. At least tonight I can have a margarita with absolutely no guilt.

I'm wondering if my LP is so short because I'm tandem nursing. I'm hoping some of our expert mommies might chime in and throw me a bone here.

I told DH and he was like "So it's gonna be more middle of the night sex huh? Man, that's rough. "
#484 of 610 Old 07-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoHHH View Post
Do many of y'all temp with a lot of nightwakings? Do you find that it works? My DD still nurses every 1-3 hours all night, so I haven't tried to resume temping.
I still temp in spite of night wakings and I've still been able to see a clear thermal shift using a BBT.
#485 of 610 Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 PM

Thanks, Dreams. I am thinking I will start getting back in the grove now so that I do a good job temping next cycle. Now to find that darn thermometer...

Mama to two wonderful DDs (10/06 and 09/08) and expecting a DS 1/1/11!
#486 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtake View Post
Had a question for you ladies....I see alot of you talking about Evening Primrose Oil....why are you taking it? I found out to take to help labor, does it help fertility and pregnanvy early too??

thanks
I'm taking it to increase cervical fluid. Everything else was "textbook" (regular cycles, clear thermal shift, adequate LP) but I was bone dry in the CF department. It seems to be working, although we'll see if I get any EWCM in the next few days. A few words of warning, though . . . it can delay ovulation, esp if you take too much (of course "too much" is defined differently for different people). Also, you have to make sure to stop taking it just before or on ovulation since it raises estrogen levels (I think?) and of course you want high progesterin during your LP. I have been taking 1000mg and have been drinking a little green tea as well. I started on CD 2 and will continue until CD 14 or until my O dip (usually on ovulation day I get a dip before the rise). HTH some.

Re: temping and night nursing - I wake at night a lot with Mason and still get a fairly reliable chart with a clear thermal shift.

Ya'll may recall I was dealing with a yeast infection at the end of last cycle and I was all panicky because I wanted to get it cleared up asap. I had been taking probiotic for over a week and no change. I added cranberry extract capsules (2 three times a day) to the routine and that cleared it up in 4 days - yay!!! Thank goodness!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#487 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 AM

Anybody know what I can do to lengthen my LP? I am tandem nursing right now so weaning somebody isn't really my thing but is Vitex what I would need? Or any other ideas?
#488 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Anybody know what I can do to lengthen my LP? I am tandem nursing right now so weaning somebody isn't really my thing but is Vitex what I would need? Or any other ideas?
my thoughts are by no means reliable, BUT seeing as how i'm re-reading tcoyf, some things are sticking out that didn't before...

one of them is that increasing lp can be difficult, and may (in extreme cases) require progestin supplements. that said, though, vitex could certainly work to help your body do what it "should" be doing on its own anyway. from what i have learned about the function of vitex in regulating cycles, it only works to clear up the "interference" from other hormones so that your pituitary (and other glands) can regulate your endocrine (hormone) system in the most efficient manor possible. it does not, in itself, increase or decrease any hormone levels, but allows for optimal functioning instead. so a long-winded way to say it's definitely worth a shot! gl!

eta: are you ingesting a lot of soy, particularly highly processed soy (tvp, soyburgers, etc)? from what i gather, the more processing soy undergoes, the more its estrogens can be absorbed by our own bodies. so if you're taking in a ton of soy, an elevated estrogen level may be inhibiting the action of the progestin after ovulation. just a thought.

eata: just saw this thread, too (not much help, but since brooke just asked, too...)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=715796

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#489 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
Ya'll may recall I was dealing with a yeast infection at the end of last cycle and I was all panicky because I wanted to get it cleared up asap. I had been taking probiotic for over a week and no change. I added cranberry extract capsules (2 three times a day) to the routine and that cleared it up in 4 days - yay!!! Thank goodness!
hmmm, i tend to get them at the end of nearly every cycle. i may add the cranberry extract, since i've been taking probiotics anyway for a couple months now. hopefully that'll help! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#490 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegenrae View Post
hmmm, i tend to get them at the end of nearly every cycle. i may add the cranberry extract, since i've been taking probiotics anyway for a couple months now. hopefully that'll help! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
Hopefully it works for you! I took 2 capsules of cranberry and 2 capsules of acidoph. (4 billion cell) 3 times daily. Once it cleared I reduced to 2 capsules of each 1x daily. There is also a yeast thread in Health and Healing that has a ton of other suggestions if this doesnt' work. Yeast is such an awful thing to deal with. In my case I know it was in large part due to excessive sugar intake so I am struggling to curb that now (the YI was a wakeup call!). Wish me strength!

Amy
#491 of 610 Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 AM

We stay away from soy here. I'm sure it's probably just my hormones from nursing that are interfering with me having a normal LP. Oh well. I'm not going to go to any great lengths so if it means DH and I have to wait for another baby for a while it's okay by me. It's important that I take care of the ones I already have, even if it means putting off having another baby for a while.
#492 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 AM

How are you ladies?

I can't believe that this thread fell to the second page!!!!

things are kinda depressing here...started to chart BBT on FF, and think I'm having an anovulatory cycle(s?)...

blech

anyway, hope you ladies are doing well!
#493 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Please add me to the success stories also, DS 05/06 and this was my first cycle ttc
I'm offically late now and feeling queasy, so I guess this is it.

I will be checking back with you all, good luck to everyone!
#494 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
mtm

congrats quirky! I need to go buy a test. I'm a few days late but had a wonky cycle in March where I went to 34 days so I'm holding off to test til tomorrow. I don't know what is worse, wanting to test or not wanting to test in case its negative.
#495 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Can I be added to this huge list? My youngest is 16 months, I have had no af, but am ttc all this month on the slight chance that I might. This will be baby # 6, I have had 5 boys. I will not know for 2 more weeks if I am yet or not.
#496 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 02:12 PM

Please add me to the success stories!

I am so excited to finally be moving on to the ddc! I will be checking in here for bfp's so keep em coming!

I wanted to say also that I was temping with a nighttime nurser and sometimes interrupted sleep 3 hours before waking and yet I was able to see a clear thermal shift. I just tried to be as relaxed as possible for the last 3 hours of the night and take the temp as close to the same time each day as possible.

Good luck!!

Oh yeah, my sister's due date is March 5th and mine is March 28th!
#497 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 04:17 PM

Hi mama's...

I got AF again, I think we're going to hold off for a while... can I be removed from the list please. Thanks!
#498 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 PM

hi mamas, my computer crashed so i won't be around until it's fixed ... i'm using the ps3 right now but it's hard to type using a controller lol.:

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#499 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Quirkylane CONGRATS!!!! :

Lea . . . big s mama.

Brooke . . . bummer about the computer!!! Hopefully you aren't without too long!

Still waiting to O, have had watery or creamy CM for three days in a row, so hurrah for EPO! I reeeeeeeally hope this month is the one. DH is driving me nuts these past few days so I think I need an attitude adjustment before tonight or there will be no bd'ing around here .

Amy
#500 of 610 Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 PM

I just found out I am pregnant again today, yay!! This is only my second cycle and our first one TTC, so I am still shocked a bit, but excited of course. Sending major baby dust to everyone

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

#501 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
Please add me to the success stories!

Oh yeah, my sister's due date is March 5th and mine is March 28th!

Hooray for you! that certainly is encouraging news for the rest of us! It seems like there have been quite a few positives around here lately....

...maybe I'll end up being the only one here...

....or maybe some of the baby dust will rub off on us!

I had a temperature spike for two days (CD9,10), but now it is back down to where it was before the spike...and has been there for the past 4 days...anovulatory?

...kind of depressing...and monsoon season doesn't help either...

anyway, congratulations to all of you BFP ladies, and have a happy, healthy 9 months!
#502 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 AM

is it possible to have lots of EWCM and NOT ovulate?

Sometimes our bodies can be so cruel!
#503 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
is it possible to have lots of EWCM and NOT ovulate?

Sometimes our bodies can be so cruel!
Unfortunately, yes. I think it's actually pretty common for nursing moms. Our bodies gear up to ovulate and don't quite get there. It sucks. Of course, I'm simply thrilled that I actually ovulated last cycle, and my temps have been DEAD flat this cycle, so I'm hoping I'll ovulate twice in a row. This will probably be the first time in my LIFE that I've ever ovulated twice in a row without birth control or metformin. I guess having a baby may have actually fixed my body! Yay!!!

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#504 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Christina, can you please move me to waiting to O? Thanks mama! You're doing an awesome job as threadkeeper

Well, we ended up buying a new laptop yesterday. They were going to charge us $130 just to look at it etc and if it ended up being a more expensive repair, they would just fix it and we'd have to pay without the option to refuse to have it fixed, so we decided it wasn't worth it. On the bright side, we have a new laptop that works great and is super fast! On the downside, we spent money we weren't expecting to and took a chunk of our savings, soooo... I wanted to buy the t-tapp dvds to get started, but I have the book, so I will do my best from the book until we can get the dvds. I have only started with the primary back stretch and oh wow is all I can say... I feel incredible! For any of you who are looking for a new exercise routine, this doesn't use any equipment and you only need a 4ft x 4ft space to do it Wow I sound like a salesperson!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#505 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 03:58 PM

I GOT MY BFP TODAY! I AM STILL IN SHOCK, You can add me to the graduates!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#506 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post

CONGRADS! I hope to join you soon!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#507 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
CONGRADS! I hope to join you soon!
Thanks! *~*~BABY DUST*~*~ to you!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#508 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
yay! Looks like we'll both be April Mommies!

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

#509 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Congrats Marie!!!! : H&H9M to you

Still waiting to O .. . I expect tomorrow or the next day. Still no EWCM in sight

Amy
#510 of 610 Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBee View Post
yay! Looks like we'll both be April Mommies!
Cool! Congrats to you, too! We need an April DDC up & running now, LOL!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page