Nursing mommies in July - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Christina, I know how tough and frustrating ttc can be, especially after a m/c. I can take over as threadkeeper next month. (I would be willing to start the thread early to let you take the break you need.)
#542 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmberhalter View Post
well, i was positive that i was preg--extremely sore nipples, strange cramping, exhausted. i still haven't had my 1st ppaf, but i really thought that i had caught the first egg. i tested 11dpo (or what i thought was O) and 14 dpo and BFN. i had some very light spotting 14 dpo. sooo.... now i don't know what category to put myself in. is there one for confused and annoyed w/my body??!!
Hmmm. Bummer. Although, remember - it aint over until the mean ol' aunt sings! : for a bfp yet for you.

CONGRATS JEN!!!!!!! : I am ecstatic for you. Glad the break worked out so well for you.

Christina . . .you've had such a rough month. I don't know what to say other than I'll be thinking of you and hoping you have the same luck on your break that Jen had!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#543 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post

DreamsinDigital - hope your short LP gets a little longer soon! have you noticed any changes month to month?
This was my first PPAF so I'm hoping things will improve. I think it's going to take us longer to conceive than I originally thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
I guess everyone is pregnant and has jumped ship! But that's a good thing, really. geo_girl, I'm still here with you.
I'm still here too. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
DreamsInDigital, I was where you are a few cycles ago. My last LP was 9 days, so it is slowly improving.
Thank you for giving me hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
Hey, I'm still here too...although I don't have alot of time to post....
I hope your stay here is short and sweet.
#544 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Hi ladies I am still here. Well kind of. I had to stop nursing because of ectopic pregnancy meds but only for 4 days. Thankfully the 4 days went pretty quick since we were away for the weekend.

I am sitting here waiting for the phone to ring with my second hcg level results. this is the only time in my life I am praying for them to go down. If they don't I will need another jab of medication and another 4-7 days of no nursing as well as no ttc for the rest of the year. I am soooo hoping they have gone down so I can move on and start ttc again in October or November.

Anyway, I will probably not be around for awhile since I am on a ttc break. Plus my little guy will be 3 in one week and who knows how much longer the nursing will go on? If I do not return please know I am thinking about you and lurking here once in awhile to check in.

Congrats to all the graduates!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#545 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Hi ladies I am still here. Well kind of. I had to stop nursing because of ectopic pregnancy meds but only for 4 days. Thankfully the 4 days went pretty quick since we were away for the weekend.

I am sitting here waiting for the phone to ring with my second hcg level results. this is the only time in my life I am praying for them to go down. If they don't I will need another jab of medication and another 4-7 days of no nursing as well as no ttc for the rest of the year. I am soooo hoping they have gone down so I can move on and start ttc again in October or November.

Anyway, I will probably not be around for awhile since I am on a ttc break. Plus my little guy will be 3 in one week and who knows how much longer the nursing will go on? If I do not return please know I am thinking about you and lurking here once in awhile to check in.

Thanks Cheryl, I was hoping you would post an update. I really hope things go well with the test and you don't need further mediction. Whatever happens, I will be thinking of you and hoping things go wonderfully for you asap.

Amy
#546 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Cheryl, I've been thinking of you, sweetie I hope your levels have gone down :

Jen, : on your Congrats, mama!

Christina, I hope that your break refreshes you in the ways you need it to, sweetie!

I cannot believe that this place has been almost half cleared out over the past 2 months! : BUT : I hope there will be just as many BFPs next month, too.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#547 of 610 Old 07-26-2007, 07:14 PM

I think I got missed before when I asked to be added to the list. :

celestialdreamer DD 5/04 DS 4/06 - TTC #3

I guess I should be under 2ww? DH and I decided to actually try this month, rather than just see what happened I bought some OPKs and I got a positive one yesterday. I'm on cycle day 16 I'm pretty sure I'm going ovulate sometime today as my CM is starting to dry up some. I've had minimal CM the last 2 months (which is why I think we didn't have any OOPS babies) and this cycle I've had tons. I have no clue why it changed but I'll take it!

I'm not temping because it just makes me crazy, but it seems as though I should keep track of exactly when I O so I can calculate an accurate due date. My last baby went almost to 42 weeks (when I would have had to transfer from my HB MW to an OB) and I might need those extra couple days! DH had been kinda on the fence about TTCing and was the one suggesting we just take it as things happened. He seems to have suddenly caught the baby bug though! Last night he was saying "Wouldn't it be cool if we had another girl this time and then a boy after that? Two girls and two boys sounds perfect".

Congrats to all the newly pregnant mamas! I hope this thread is a lucky charm for me also!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#548 of 610 Old 07-27-2007, 01:05 AM

Well my levels went up, a little, so I needed another jab. So no milkies for at least 7 days and maybe forever if he decides not to continue or if I "dry up" in that time. The hardest part will be not ttc for 6 months. It takes that long to get the drug out of your system. It "attacks" the folic acid production so if you ttc earlier it can cause neural tube and nervous system defects in the baby.

I go back tomorrow for another hcg test and if it hasn't gone up he has okayed me to go on my trip back home so that is good news.

Looks like my son will be at least between 4 and 5 before he gets a sibling, if ever...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#549 of 610 Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I'm so sorry, Cheryl. I hope your numbers start to go down.

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
#550 of 610 Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm so sorry Naturegirl

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#551 of 610 Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Hi there - can I join the group?

My DS is almost 17 months old and I'm still nursing at least 2x a day - pre-bedtime and cuddling/nursing in the morning for an hour or so. On weekends and Fridays (day I'm home from work), he takes advantage and nurses as much as he possibly can - at least two more times in addition to the bedtime/morning sessions. I love nursing, he loves nursing - but I REALLY want to have another, and soon.

Problem is, I've yet to see af, and I'm not sure if I've o'd, but I'm guessing no. I'm not temping (yet), because DS sometimes has night wakings (though he stays in his crib - no nursing) and I didn't think the readings would be dependable, but I think I'm going to start doing so this week. I've been checking CV - and no ew akin to what I had pre-DS. I have opks, and I'm thinking about just using a 30-pack for the next 30 days to see if there's anything.

So - here I am. I'd love to try alternatives to weaning (b/c DS would not be an easy one to wean), and I've seen talk of vitex on your boards, but I'd love to hear specifics on that.

I guess I'm - waiting to catch the first pp egg. I hope it comes soon!
#552 of 610 Old 07-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
So no milkies for at least 7 days and maybe forever if he decides not to continue or if I "dry up" in that time.
That is a real bummer, Cheryl. I really hope things start looking up.

Are you pumping and dumping? I don't see why your milk would dry up in the 7 day period. I really feel for you; the idea of having to abruptly withhold nursing from my DD for a whole week is simply inconceivable. I feel like she would just melt into a big messy heap.

As for me, tomorrow morning should tell a lot. If my temp is high, I have a decent chance of being pregnant since I don't think I've ever had a 12 day luteal phase (even pre-DD). Of course, if it's down, we all know what that will mean.

I live in Europe but am in the States right now and have access to a dollar store. Where does one get these "dollar store tests" that one sees referred to constantly on here? Any dollar store or only one particular type of dollar store? I have one real test at home, but I forgot to bring it with me, so if my temp is still up tomorrow I'll need to buy a new test and use it. I'd like to avoid buying an expensive one because that will just piss me off doubly if it ends up being negative. I really hate to waste money.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#553 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by llv76 View Post
Hi there - can I join the group?

My DS is almost 17 months old and I'm still nursing at least 2x a day - pre-bedtime and cuddling/nursing in the morning for an hour or so. On weekends and Fridays (day I'm home from work), he takes advantage and nurses as much as he possibly can - at least two more times in addition to the bedtime/morning sessions. I love nursing, he loves nursing - but I REALLY want to have another, and soon.

Problem is, I've yet to see af, and I'm not sure if I've o'd, but I'm guessing no. I'm not temping (yet), because DS sometimes has night wakings (though he stays in his crib - no nursing) and I didn't think the readings would be dependable, but I think I'm going to start doing so this week. I've been checking CV - and no ew akin to what I had pre-DS. I have opks, and I'm thinking about just using a 30-pack for the next 30 days to see if there's anything.

So - here I am. I'd love to try alternatives to weaning (b/c DS would not be an easy one to wean), and I've seen talk of vitex on your boards, but I'd love to hear specifics on that.

I guess I'm - waiting to catch the first pp egg. I hope it comes soon!

I added you to the list I hope your stay here is short and sweet
#554 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Hi everyone!

I have posted on this thread before but it has been several months. We are now seriously ttc again so I wanted to join!

tweetpeasmom dd 6/06

It took us about 2.5 years to concieve dd with one m/c along the way. I went back to an RE who was very rude to me about the fact that I am still bf. Unfortunately, he is the only one I can see in network here. He wants me to stop bf completely before he will give me the clomid that I need (what worked last time with dd). We are only nursing twice a day, sometimes only once. So I am not going to wean, but let him think that we did. DD's pedi already gave her ok to me doing clomid so I have no problems with it.

I am taking some prometrium right now to bring back AF. I will be done with it on Sunday and then I am going to see if my body will do anything and O on its own. If not we are going to do our first medicated cycle in September. I have PCOS and am hoping that pg helped out my body somewhat so that I don't have as much trouble as last time.

I hope to get to know you all better and that we all get those bfp's soon!

Dani
#555 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 AM

Okay, add me to 2WW and I will probably test on Tues 8/7 if I can wait that long (12 dpo). This is our 6th month and there is no way I am weaning, so I have my : but I don't feel too hopeful.
Here is some baby dust for everyone

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#556 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MY MICROSCOPE BROKE!!!

Now I totally need a new one or to get some OT...where are you guys getting the best price on them??

thanks!
#557 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Oh goodness, Cheryl, I'm so sorry That must be so rough. I can't imagine that your milk would dry up in just 7 days.

I'm 7 or 8dpo today and I'm having heavy cramping and spotting. So, I'm either having the world's shortest LP or it's implantation spotting. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my LP has ALWAYS been 13-15 days. I'm so scared now that it's messed up and we're going to have a hard time getting pregnant again.

Mama to two wonderful DDs (10/06 and 09/08) and expecting a DS 1/1/11!
#558 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM

MommytoHHH - : for implantation spotting

This morning DS and I were hanging out in bed and he referred to "the baby". I asked him who he meant and he changed the subject. This afternoon we were at a playdate and he announced to all the adults in the yard while pointing to my belly "there's a baby in there!".

We have talked in the past about mommy having another baby, but it has been a while. I'm sure it is just that he is being really creative/silly, but who knows - maybe he knows something I don't . Wouldnt' that be cool? He has never said that before. Just thought I'd share

Amy
#559 of 610 Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM

Hi mamas!

Cheryl, mama. will you be hand expressing or pumping for these 7 days to keep your supply, or are you just going to wait and see? I am so sorry you have to go through this, it is not fair.

For all the new mamas, ! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

For all you mamas with short LPs, I feel your pain. Last cycle was 9 days - and I am not sure, but a lot of people are telling me I had a chemical because I got a line on the serum test I did... I don't know, but in some ways it would make sense because I was so sure I was pregnant, too... oh well, if it was a chemical, I'm not upset - kind of the opposite - as far as that it means we actually conceived, if that makes any sense.

Well I have to put my boy to bed. I'm not sure if I'll be on much before mid next week - DH is going to Canada for work from M-W so I will have my hands full on my own!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#560 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

-----------------updated to here--------------
#561 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Is it possible to have creamy and EW CM at the same time? I had TONS of creamy last night but a tiny bit of it actually stretched like EW...I wasn't sure what to put on FF.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#562 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 AM

Hi all-just joining this group now. DH and I have officially started TTC #2. I'm still nursing my 20 mo old, and plan to keep going as long as he needs me to.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#563 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
Is it possible to have creamy and EW CM at the same time? I had TONS of creamy last night but a tiny bit of it actually stretched like EW...I wasn't sure what to put on FF.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm not really sure, but if there was stretchy consistency I would put it as EW.

emski! Hope your stay is short and sweet

Amy
#564 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 05:34 PM

I think I have a pretty good chance of being pregnant. My LP has never been longer than 11 days in the past. By the 12th day, my temp has always dropped (and usually by the 11th). Today is the 12th day and my temp is still up! We'll see.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#565 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I think I have a pretty good chance of being pregnant. My LP has never been longer than 11 days in the past. By the 12th day, my temp has always dropped (and usually by the 11th). Today is the 12th day and my temp is still up! We'll see.
Sounds promising!!!! : that this month is the month for you. Can't wait to hear an update

Amy
#566 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Man this thread has been really slow lately.

OK VENT TIME

Well some of our friends came buy last night to annouce that his wife is prego. Well ya it's a happy time but. She didn't want anymore kids at all She is BF a 10month old and her periods have just came back. She is scared but happy at the same time now that she has calmed down Ok so for my vent part of it. I'm tired of hearing about these ppl that get prego without even trying Ones that can get prego by accident while BF. I want it to be my turn and all of yours turn I get so happy for the ppl that get there when they have been having a hard time our that have been trying period. It's just not fare that ppl that dont want anymore kids can get prego so easy and here we all are struggling to get prego.
#567 of 610 Old 07-29-2007, 11:55 PM

surromommy2be - I totally know what you are saying! I haven't written anything for the past couple of days PRECISELY for that very reason! I have a couple of friends who are newly pregnant with #2, who aren't too excited about it! I'm totally jealous of them, and bummed because I don't think I ovulated!

sarahmck - hope this is your month!

attached2mason - let's hope your little one knows something we don't!

emski4379 - hope you have a short stay!

I plugged my numbers into FF, and it says I ovulated on CD17, and we DTD CD16 (but not since then, and now I'm at CD21). I'm not confident at all that I ovulated, let alone CAUGHT the egg...temps have been up and down since the crosshairs...guess I'm just feeling a little blue today.

hope everyone is feeling a little more optimistic than I am today!

The truly wonderful thing is that DD is such a joy! She fills my heart with love, and I feel MUCH more strongly about having more children since she has come into our lives!

Charlene
#568 of 610 Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 AM

Just checking in with hugs for everybody. A friend of mine just announced that she is pg with #3...got pg on her honeymoon no less (the first time they had sex) and her DD2 is younger than DS.

And...I haven't ovulated. *sighs* It was so promising there for awhile. My temps were sooo straight and not up and down and everywhere, and then today they were SUPER low so I guess maybe it's the dip before? I'm just frustrated because longer cycle = longer wait if we don't get pg the first time, kwim? Most people get 2 cycles in the time it takes me to finish one.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#569 of 610 Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 AM

Here's hoping that things start looking up here. We had such a great run so recently.

Amy, where in your cycle are you?

Would someone look in their copy of TCOYF and tell me what my due date would be based on ovulation on July 18th? That's the first day of my temperature rise so that's my ovulation date, right, not the day of my crosshairs? With DD, I ovulated on August 25th and had a May 18th due date, so I'm guessing that July 18th corresponds with April 10th, but it would be nice to be sure. I'm traveling and away from my copy of TCOYF. If my temp is still up tomorrow, I'm going to consider myself PUPO.

I'm visiting my parents and my mom was probing a bit tonight about my fertility acupuncturist and the couple of nutritional supplements I take and confirming that we conceived immediately with DD. I know she thinks that I'll never get pregnant while nursing. The other day we were talking very vaguely about it and she said something like "but you don't buy the idea that the nursing has anything to do with it?" I was like, "uh, no, I totally realize that that's hurting my chances significantly." I don't know where she got that idea, but I would so love to be able to tell her I'm pregnant now even with DD nursing. She's not a big supporter of the whole toddler nursing thing, although I'm not longer sure to what extent because she's stopped making comments that make it obvious because she knows that basically any argument she can come up with about it I will refute with knowledge, as opposed to her emotionally-based opinions.

Here's hoping for a reinfusion of that great baby dust we had going around last week!

#570 of 610 Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Would someone look in their copy of TCOYF and tell me what my due date would be based on ovulation on July 18th? That's the first day of my temperature rise so that's my ovulation date, right, not the day of my crosshairs? With DD, I ovulated on August 25th and had a May 18th due date, so I'm guessing that July 18th corresponds with April 10th, but it would be nice to be sure. I'm traveling and away from my copy of TCOYF. If my temp is still up tomorrow, I'm going to consider myself PUPO.
The book says April 11. Here's hoping for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page