Nursing mommies in July - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok now a little update on me man my son has a nursing marathon last night I told DH that when we come back from out of town that I'm going to sleep in the other room for a few nights and try to night wean christopher I cant sleep real well with his nursing marathon. Also my temps were still up today so what do you all think

Also from THUR evening through Mon evening I will be out of town So I will do more updates when I get back. I also better see some BFP hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 02:27 PM
jmo

surromommy - I don't think I'm on the list, but you can add me to July success stories! thanks.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#63 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Hey girls- I would so love to join this thread, but I am agonizing over whether or not to TTC this summer. Please see my post "Agonizing over whether I should TTC (worried about milk supply)"

TIA!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#64 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Amila if you would like to be added to the list let me know where you fit in and I will put you there

Girls are list are starting to get cleaned up
#65 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 PM

huhlo... I'm a two-week-waiter over here...

--Heather
#66 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Please add me to the Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

I'm new to this list. Still nursing a 22 m/o about 3x a day and 3x a night. No O or PPF in sight.

Michele
#67 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

I will add you both right now

and I hope your stay with us is short and sweet
#68 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHen2J&J View Post
Ok wise ones!!

Soo... Last month I ovulated sometime bewteent the 7-12th (lost my O-mark in calendar), had brown spotting with pink tinge on the 22nd, full blown af on the 24th.

Thinking I'd ovulate around the same time... until today when I noted ew cm!! So now what!???

What am I supposed to think!? Did the bd just for fun!
With all the updating my post got overlooked I'm sure, anyone have any ideas??
#69 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

I say do the dance just to make sure all bases are coverd
#70 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 06:21 PM

Ok, may be TMI (or probably not with you guys) LOL... My cycle is wacky. Dropped to 27 days last months. This month is my first full cycle charting. I'm only CD 11, but I had eggwhite yesterday and I'm swimming in it today. Should I see what tomorrow brings or bd tonight? We're trying for a boy, we have 3 girls. Dh would rather just take a chance on being too late this month and try again next month, but I hate to give up on a chance.

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
#71 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Heather I'm in the same position! We have THREE girls too!! LOL

NOt sure what you should do, but GOOD LUCK!
#72 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbit View Post
Ok, may be TMI (or probably not with you guys) LOL... My cycle is wacky. Dropped to 27 days last months. This month is my first full cycle charting. I'm only CD 11, but I had eggwhite yesterday and I'm swimming in it today. Should I see what tomorrow brings or bd tonight? We're trying for a boy, we have 3 girls. Dh would rather just take a chance on being too late this month and try again next month, but I hate to give up on a chance.
I would take an OPK then have sex the next day
#73 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all...I have some questions.. maybe you ladies can give me some insite.

I am 17 dpo and not started yet and this am got a on a dollar store test and this afternoon got a on a walmart ept test. sooo..... I'm waiting for AF for a ..my questions is..have I seen you gals talk about still being 'leaky' cm wise when you are pregnant?

I am trying to remember with #3 but I am almost sure that it was a long itme before I got a ..like a I was waiting and waiting for af and it never came, decided to test and amazing.... a ..

Sorry to ramble... just ready for the **&^%@ other line to show up. I really wanted a March baby...

thanks for listening..
#74 of 610 Old 07-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtake View Post
Hello all...I have some questions.. maybe you ladies can give me some insite.

I am 17 dpo and not started yet and this am got a on a dollar store test and this afternoon got a on a walmart ept test. sooo..... I'm waiting for AF for a ..my questions is..have I seen you gals talk about still being 'leaky' cm wise when you are pregnant?

I am trying to remember with #3 but I am almost sure that it was a long itme before I got a ..like a I was waiting and waiting for af and it never came, decided to test and amazing.... a ..

Sorry to ramble... just ready for the **&^%@ other line to show up. I really wanted a March baby...

thanks for listening..
I did have light but definite cm in the first weeks of pregnancy.
#75 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 02:00 AM

jmo:
Congratulations!! Way to kick af to the curb!
HH9M!!

Welcome new mamas.

Congrats to all the bfp's just now being updated!

My cf saga continues. Today I had more stretchy ew stuff than usual so I am thinking that it is possibly fertile fluid. Boy oh boy did it take ds FOREVER to fall asleep tonight! Once he was finally asleep I jumped dh. He said that this time we are pg he can just feel it!
I sure hope he is right, otherwise he is going to start getting as frustrated as me.
#76 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
jmo
Once he was finally asleep I jumped dh. He said that this time we are pg he can just feel it!
I sure hope he is right, otherwise he is going to start getting as frustrated as me.
My DH always says the same thing! That one was it I know it, he says! I wish it was as easy as wanting it!! ESMLranch....how long have you been TTC?

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#77 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie2 View Post
My DH always says the same thing! That one was it I know it, he says! I wish it was as easy as wanting it!! ESMLranch....how long have you been TTC?
Our *plan* was to have kids 2 yrs apart and we were ready in September. But I got serious and started charting and taking action in January. (I never payed attention to fertility signs or had to chart to conceive ds, so this was all new to me.) That is also when I found MDC and this thread. Since I have not even had ppaf I have been calling it "hoping" to conceive. DS is already 2. Now we are hoping for 3 yrs apart, but I realize I have no control over the situation.
#78 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Can everyone look at the list and make sure there in the right place?
can you say valeria_vi DD 05/2005 (or whatever wa you want to say the date) instead of DD 22 mo, 'cause she's 25.5 months by now and of course that will just keep changing. thanks!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#79 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM

ok, so I read everything on this thread so far and I am still confused. I can't really do temps because dd nurses all night long. so what are the options I am left with? cm and.or opk? right?
but if, like one of the pp mentioned, your cm is "messed up" because you dtd often, then what?
besides, if I want another girl (don't ask me about dh's wishes *lol), does that mean that we shouldn't dtd once i get a fertile cm? that we should have done it 1-2 days before that?
i got my ppaf when dd was 6 months old. and it's been an "adventure" since then. my shortest cycle was 1.5 months. but most of them are 3 months. i do think that i actually get a fertile cm. there's a lot of it (too much almost *lol), and it's very stretchy. then, in about 2 weeks i get af. i haven't actually written down and timed everything perfectly, but i did take notice that af comes about 2 weeks later.
with cycles this long it seems crazy to ttc. plus, i am also confused if i want another baby now. that doesn't help either.

so what's the point of this post? uh, dunno. #1 is to show that I am a bug mess when it comes to ttc. #2 i guess is to find out more info to help me ttc if/when i finally decide to dive in. dh wishes that would happen real soon.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#80 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 04:05 AM

WHOOSH that was a long post! Hehehe

I just wanted to mention that TCOYF mentions doing kegals after dtd, that way you expel the extra bd juice so you can continue to monitor your cm. I found that very interesting!
#81 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHen2J&J View Post
WHOOSH that was a long post! Hehehe

I just wanted to mention that TCOYF mentions doing kegals after dtd, that way you expel the extra bd juice so you can continue to monitor your cm. I found that very interesting!
i bought that book even before dd1 came along. but i never managed to read it thoroughly. it seems to be so long.
now ... please excuse my ignorance, but of you do that, will it not lessen your chances of conceiving? will it not lessen the chance of "the little guys" getting to where they need?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#82 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 04:37 AM

Valeria you MUST read it! Not cover to cover but the sections that pertain to "choosing" the sex of your baby! Its a very interesting read!

I'm still on the fence, I'm not completely convinced...but its good to know.

Not sure if it would lessen your chances, but I figure everyone's different...really its just a lottery...if God wanted us to really be able to choose he would have given us boy and girl buttons on our ovaries!
#83 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM

i have tried reading just parts of it, but she seems to constantly cross reference things from everywhere in her book, so it was difficult.

when I asked about lessening the chances if one does kegels after dtd, i meant about conceiving in general regardless of the baby's sex. as far as choosing the sex ... i know that there are no guarantees of any kind. it was a sort of a playful question. although, yep - i'd be thrilled if i had another daughter.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#84 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 04:51 AM

Oh I gotcha! Sorry!

I think you're supposed to lay down for at least thirty minutes. Then use the bathroom, by that point all the swimmers are already in route... so anything kegal-ed out is just semenal fluid...

Sure wish those swimmers were color coded! I'd totally sit and pick out the boy ones!! HAHAHHAHAA
#85 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Valeria_vi: In TCOYF she does mention doing Kegels to expel semen, but in the same sentence mentions that it might not be in you best interest if you're TTC.
It sounds like you roughly know what's going on with your body. If you're still a little uncertain about what you want to do, I'd write down everything you notice going on with your body. You could sign up for a FF account....I think you can chart without temps....I don't know if it would estimate O date for you without temps. But at least looking at it on paper or a computer screen might show you a good pattern.
Also, when you know you're ready to TTC....get out TCOYF and read it! Some say it has magical powers! (Hey, it's worth a try! )

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#86 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Congratulations jmo and mtnsunshinemama!

It’s been a while since I last posted here, but I’m back now – we’re still trying! We’ve been trying since November, but DH travels a lot and we’ve only been able to hit 4 cycles since then (this is #4). We succeeded on the very first try with DD, and I sort of expected it to be super-easy again, so the wait is frustrating. esmlranch, I know how you feel. The lack of control is one of the hardest things for me about TTC.

I’m 14 dpo today but will wait to test until I’m late with AF; seeing all those negative tests was just too disappointing. My cycles are short, about 26 days, and today is day 26, so we’ll know one way or another soon. Although the 4th of July would be a fun day to get a bfp…

One thing that annoys me is that DH (and his father, too) thinks the nursing could be interfering with conception. DH has hinted many times that maybe I should wean DD now (she’ll be 2 this month.) Okay, NO. She’s not ready to wean and neither am I! If we keep trying for many more cycles and nothing happens, maybe, but for now we’ll keep right on nursing. Anyone else getting pressure to wean?

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see more bfps on here soon. Ours being one of them, of course!

"Mama, thank you for my little brother!" DD 7/05 DS 6/09
#87 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 PM

i have to agree with the`advice to sit down and read tcoyf. that reference has helped so much!
oka-san nursing can def interfere with ttc. my dh was sort of bringing up weaning a lot for a while until at some point he realized how much ds really needs it and i kept pointing out the benefits especially when ds is sick. we are working on cutting down on nighttime nursing, but that is proving to be quite difficult.
The reading I have done says that kegals after sex decrease your chances of conception. I know I am doing everything I can do to keep it in there!

With my good fertility signs lately, I was really hoping I would o today. My temp was not up though this am. Very disappointing. At least my temps are staying consistent and not jumping wildly around. That is a good sign.
#88 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 12:39 PM

hi--i would like to be added to waiting to be ready. I have a ds 8-24-04 and dd 10-11-06. dd was conceived as a 1st pp egg, no AF! hoping for the same this time.
thanks!:

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#89 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Another today...*sigh* I really need to stop testing..
#90 of 610 Old 07-04-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

My temp is up agian today not a lot but it is still up what do you all think

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page