Nursing mommies in July - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I would have to guess that your cycles are still wonky...your DD is like 2 or 3 months old, right? BTW....I LOVE the name Marin.....how do you pronounce it?

Thanks! I did start up shortly thereafter...would have posted earlier but still adjusting to 2 kids!! :

Marin (Mare-in) is 3 months old - so it would have been a little nutty/crazy having 3 under 3!! (sigh) On one hand I really want a break for my bodies sake - on the other hand I don't want to have such a long break that I struggle with getting back into "baby mode"...and on the third hand (don't I wish I had one somedays!) I want Marin to have her baby time too!!

Such is the life!
#122 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM

dreamsindigital :

geogirl ff is free. you can pay for an upgrade, but i use the free and it is fine.

jessmomto2 congrats on your !!!

hh9m to you!

moonprysm & adtake

ibbit : :

jannyjo and 1babysmom good luck!

surromommy Have an awesome trip.

I am : : and trying to be positive. my temp has not gone up but is at least being consistent and I am still having good fertility signs. i know i am driving dh crazy always telling him this and getting his hopes up and then still my temp does not jump up to indicate o. i swear i close my eyes and : every morning with the thermometer in my mouth and will my temp to go up!! so far that has not worked. :

my ds is baby crazy. he loves them and has told me he wants one. he does tend to change his mind a lot though, so we will see when there is actually one in mamas belly!!
#123 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
Please add me to the Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

I'm new to this list. Still nursing a 22 m/o about 3x a day and 3x a night. No O or PPF in sight.

Michele
my ds is 25 months and still no af. just wanted to commisserate with another mama waiting it out!! It is SO FRUSTRATING!!

Good luck to you.
#124 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Nursing mamas, can I ask yall a question?

I'm nursing my 22 months old and TTC after a miscarriage this spring. I went to my doctor today for a short luteal phase and she wants to put me on Clomid. Is Clomid okay for nursing a toddler? He's only nursing 3-4 times per day, getting most of his nourishment through milk and adult foods.

I've searched through MDC and couldn't really find anything helpful.

She also offered me progesterone suppositories..she said it was my choice but felt Clomid would work more quickly and better. Would progesterone be a better choice while nursing?

Sorry to pop in here

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#125 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM

personally, I'd start with progesterone cream or suppositories (from soy, not yams)... the cream has a really strong impact on my system. I was over-using it for a while and had some wacked out problems. but, it's so much more gentle on our bodies.

sorry that I don't know about clomid and nursing. I did get the okay from three different professionals re: nursing and the cream, though. :-)

--Heather
#126 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM

<a href="http://www.tcoyf.com/chart.asp?id=thefragile7393">myTCOYF WebCharts™</a>

Here's the link to my chart. Frankly I think I ovulated two days ago, yet my cervical fluid just never dries up hardly. I thought I ovulated earlier but I'm guessing I didn't. Drives me nuts.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#127 of 610 Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post
Nursing mamas, can I ask yall a question?

I'm nursing my 22 months old and TTC after a miscarriage this spring. I went to my doctor today for a short luteal phase and she wants to put me on Clomid. Is Clomid okay for nursing a toddler? He's only nursing 3-4 times per day, getting most of his nourishment through milk and adult foods.

I've searched through MDC and couldn't really find anything helpful.

She also offered me progesterone suppositories..she said it was my choice but felt Clomid would work more quickly and better. Would progesterone be a better choice while nursing?

Sorry to pop in here
there have been a couple of mamas here who have tried clomid. surromommy2be (christina) is currently trying clomid, but she is out of town for the weekend, otherwise i am sure she would talk to you about it. you could pm her.
sorry i don't have any info on it myself.
#128 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 AM

I have a question for you ladies. My first pp period came on June 3 (12 months pp) It lasted a week and I haven't seen it since. To normal standards I would be "late". I haven't taken a preg test in a few days. Is this normal for my period to be so sporadic? And when does everything get back to normal?
#129 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 AM
mtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
my ds is 25 months and still no af. just wanted to commisserate with another mama waiting it out!! It is SO FRUSTRATING!!

Good luck to you.
With both my boys I didn't get AF back til they were 24-5 months. Hopefully yours comes back quick! I ended up jump starting mine with vitex the first time, this time did nothing other than reduce nighttime feedings.

Going by my cervical fluid I should O in the next few days.
#130 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 AM
mtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2libby View Post
I have a question for you ladies. My first pp period came on June 3 (12 months pp) It lasted a week and I haven't seen it since. To normal standards I would be "late". I haven't taken a preg test in a few days. Is this normal for my period to be so sporadic? And when does everything get back to normal?
My first month I was 35 days and it slowly worked itself back down to a 30 day cycle over the next 3 months.
#131 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 03:12 AM

My PP AFs are always sporadic. After DS3 I think I had a 50 something day cycle followed by a 45 day cycle. I got pregnant with DD after that so I don't know how it would have gone after that but rest assured it's not just you.
#132 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
there have been a couple of mamas here who have tried clomid. surromommy2be (christina) is currently trying clomid, but she is out of town for the weekend, otherwise i am sure she would talk to you about it. you could pm her.
sorry i don't have any info on it myself.
Thank you! I'll send her a pm

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#133 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM

... I got a BFP this morning!!! :

DH asked how we did that, and frankly, I'm wondering too

I POAS on CD31 and it was negative, but I've been so exhausted lately, I decided to "waste" another test this morning (CD40)! WOO-HOO!!!

I think I'll be due early/mid-March. Same as my DD!! At least I can wear the same maternity clothes. I just hope they don't have the same birthday!

Best wishes to everyone else here
#134 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Ok ladies, my temp is back down this morning. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/14fd50

I slept restlessly Thursday morning after about 3 am, and take my temp at 6 am, should I discard my temp from yesterday? It wouldn't have been possible to get 3 hours of consecutive sleep since I didn't go to be till after midnight then slept restlessly from 3 am till 6 am when my alarm went off to temp, then slept restlessly from 6 am till 9 am when my kids got up.

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
#135 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 AM

Congratulations anthasam! That’s awesome! When we started TTC #2 we thought it would be fun to have their b-days close together. I did think it would be good to be able to wear the same maternity clothes, but having an excuse to buy new stuff is fun too. Enjoy!

ibbit, I don’t temp, but if you didn’t really sleep for long it might not be a valid temp. Your body was doing all sorts of things which could have affected it.

As for us, no AF yet. I almost want to test just to get the suspense over with, but suppose I can wait a few more days. It’s so hard, though. We’ll just keep hanging in there!

"Mama, thank you for my little brother!" DD 7/05 DS 6/09
#136 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oka-san View Post
Congratulations anthasam! That’s awesome! When we started TTC #2 we thought it would be fun to have their b-days close together. I did think it would be good to be able to wear the same maternity clothes, but having an excuse to buy new stuff is fun too. Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm starting to get excited I just hope they don't have the exact same birthday -- I'd like them to be able to enjoy their own special days.
#137 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Congrats anthasam!!! H9m!

Today is 14dpo. My temp stayed up, so I'm not expecting AF today. But I did manage to show some kind of willpower and not test. lol I might test tomorrow if my temp is still up. I REALLY have to know before Tuesday when I'm scheduled to get my chicken pox shot.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#138 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Hi mamas!

Wow, I disappeared for a few days and have 7 pages to catch up on : so no personals for now!

On the 3rd, I stopped temping cold turkey and man, it is HARD! Temping has been such a control issue for me ~ the one thing I could do my best to control in the middle of ths mess that is cycling and TTC while BFing... I know it is all up to God anyway and I really felt He was asking me to lay it all at His feet, so I am being obedient. But it is hard. Today is the 3rd day I haven't temped. I still don't know if I've ovulated either, and what makes it even harder is that my EWCM doesn't dry up most months, either, despite the clear thermal shift. So who knows. Maybe by next cycle I will be okay to temp again, but we'll see.

: Warning, rant ahead :

I'm struggling so much with the fact that there is nothing I can do to change this. I'm getting impatient, and I know I just need to relinguish all attempts at controlling this, but I hate the fact I can't control it, and it is so hard to let it go. I don't know how you mamas who are still waiting on PPAF 2 years later are doing it.... my hat goes off to all of you. I am thankful that I am at least ovulating, but I am still sub-fertile.

Sure, I could wean my son and hope for the best, but I don't want to wean him when he still obviously needs his boobies... and I don't want to give up my dream of tandem nursing. And who is to say that weaning will mean I'll be pregnant again any time soon? I don't have anyone to talk to about this. All my friends IRL are as mainstream as they get and the few that nurse can't believe I'd still nurse him past 1 year anyway, I truly doubt most of them will nurse for a year. And in my online groups, friends are popping up pg again at 4mths PP like crazy. So no one understands like you girls... and I know many of us are in the same boat. What was I thinking when I thought I needed to take a break from this board... I need you girls! As bad as this may sound, I think this board is the only one I am part of, where I can TRULY rejoice over every BFP I've seen announced.

I apologize for my rant, I am sure I will feel better now that I am able to unload it somewhere. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest... and if you read this far, thanks

I'll BBL... as soon as I have the time to catch up! I hope everyone is doing well.

Brooke

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#139 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 04:49 PM

quick question for yu mamas takign b6- does it make you nauseated? i tok mine with my prenatal this morning with breakfast and ive been feeling all icky since then.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#140 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 06:09 PM

I think I'm going to ovulate. I was pretty sure I wasn't ovulating even though I was having periods wasn't getting my hopes up for TTC (still trying not to hope too much) but yesterday I had a little bit of sticky CM and today I've got about a 35% line on my ovulation pee stick thing. Even if pregnancy doesn't happen for awhile at least I know my body is doing something. So, I'm very excited.
#141 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2libby View Post
I had big sparatic periods with my first one. We even got pregnant and didn't know it because of them. Keep trying and good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
... I got a BFP this morning!!! :
I POAS on CD31 and it was negative, but I've been so exhausted lately, I decided to "waste" another test this morning (CD40)! WOO-HOO!!!

I think I'll be due early/mid-March. Same as my DD!! At least I can wear the same maternity clothes. I just hope they don't have the same birthday!

Best wishes to everyone else here
YEAH!! That give me suucchhh hope!!

I am CD44...my cycles are normally around 33 days. I am getting a BFN for way too long, major cramping..bigger than normal. I don't normally cramp much at all, but for 2 days it's been on and off bbiigg cramps, both sides. No other signs of AF.

Of course now I am out of the dollar store tests and the 'walmart' EPT's. I leave to go out of town Sunday and won't have time between now and then to get any tests. So I guess it will be next week before I get another chance to check. I just really wanted to share the good news with the group I will be with Sun, Mon and Tues...but c'este la vive.

any ideas ladies???

:
#142 of 610 Old 07-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Brooke - good to see you back. . I kwym about having so little control over the whole thing. THat is the hardest part for me too (well, other than not actually expecting a baby, but you kwim). I too am o'ing regularly but now fertile CF in sight and a ds who is nursing more and more everyday. After concieving ds in the first cycle and getting pg by accident several years earlier while using protection (baby didn't carry to term) I figured getting pg for me was a "piece of cake". The wait sure is hard.

I also understand what you mean about being elated for every BFP on this thread but not feeling overjoyed for others in your life with BFP's. I feel the same way.

Because I was so confident we'd get pg right away we made preparations in anticipation of a winter/spring baby. We bought a bigger house, bought a van (got a deal we couldn't pass up otherwise we would have waited till winter), and quit my job/school (figuring I might as well stay home with ds while pg). I know that sounds ridiculous, but all of the women in my family seem to get pg just by looking at them - myself included the other two times - so I just wanted to be ready. Now it all seems so empty. I feel so empty. Sorry, this is turning into my own personal vent now and I feel silly complaining so much when there are women here who have been toughing it out far longer than me. It's only been 4 months for me. Just had to get it out, though.

Gotta think positive, though . . . .so I guess I better buck up

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#143 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 12:10 AM

anthasam
yeah!! Conagratulations!! : : : :
HH9M

Brooke I could have written your rant myself. The only consolation that I can come up with is to remember that things happen for a reason and you often do not know the reason until much later. So I suppose the universe wants my kids farther apart than I did! I will be happy if I can just get pg again someday. I kwym about obsessing about temping. I get so hung up on my temps and have such strong emotions attached to something that I have no control over.

Quirkylayne : for o

adtake : for whenever you can test again. Any chance you could sneak away and test while you are on your trip? Or maybe waiting the extra days will be enough time for a good luck!

amy It would be a hard wait with all those preparations! I am sure you are enjoying this time with ds while you have lots of energy and not all tired from being pg.
UG - This is the hardest thing to wait!! It will be just crazy to get that bfp one day and have everything change so quickly! Just let go all of this craziness and wrap up this chapter of life. I can't wait!!
#144 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Anthasam! : : :

Hi everyone Still working on reading the pages I missed. I'm in the TWW. I'm thinking I O'd on Sat or Sun (cd31 or 32). So that would put me at 4 or 5dpo. Not sure if we timed it right though. I'm going to try to hold out til the
15th at least to test.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#145 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 07:21 AM

I feel gyped. I went out and bought a Target test incase my negatives were just the tests I was taking. POAS and there was an instant positive. But no control line. The longer it sat there, the positive went away. 15dpo, my chart is still triphasic, still high temps, and no positive.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#146 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 09:38 AM

ouch, that stinks about the disappearing positive! ugh ugh ugh!

sorry to hear it.

--Heather
#147 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Whoops, forgot to say CONGRATS ANTHSAM in my last message - so exciting!!! :

Tiffani - dissapearing positive? - that would be even worse than a BFN - nothin' like getting a gal's hopes up. : that there is still a BFP out there for you this cycle.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#148 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
I figured getting pg for me was a "piece of cake". The wait sure is hard.

and I feel silly complaining so much when there are women here who have been toughing it out far longer than me. It's only been 4 months for me.
Amy, I feel just the same way as you do. We've also been trying for only 4 cycles, but I got pregnant with DD in our first cycle trying when we had sex only one time. So DH thinks he has "super sperm" and I figured that I inherited my grandmother's baby-making and baby-birthing constitution (she had 8, all born at home). Last month when we really timed the BDing right and I had such a good feeling about the cycle I was really crushed when AF arrived. So I totally know where you're coming from.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#149 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Thanks everyone!

: for everyone here

#150 of 610 Old 07-07-2007, 02:37 PM

FRER (with my saved FMU) is negative. *sighs*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page