thanks so much and congrats again!!!!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay, Xanadu Mama! Congratulations, that’s wonderful! Vitex must be some pretty good stuff! HHNM!

esmlranch, hooray for your sister! A year is a long time to do this so I bet she’s thrilled and relieved at the same time. And hoping for you to O, too!

Dreams in Digital, I’m no fertility expert by a long shot but wouldn’t the first post-baby O be what would trigger your first PPAF to arrive? If you’re paying close attention you probably have a good chance of catching that egg!

Moonprysm I sure hope you find out what’s going on soon. “PUPO” makes me giggle. I’ll vote for that, and I’m glad you’re not making yourself crazy over it. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

attached2mason, it’s easy to take every little thing as a sign, isn’t it? Good for you, though. Not obsessing can be relaxing!

ibbit, maybe you ovulated late this month? If you’ve got good timing for both dates, it’ll make it harder to wait it out, but it’s just 3 or 4 days’ difference – hang in there!

Bella Catalina, thanks so much for the encouraging words. Your whole cheerful post made me smile! Wow, if your software assumes you’re pg at 18 DPO… I’m sure of my O date, it was really obvious and painful this month. (Happened on the bus on the way to a Rockies game.) Today is 20 DPO, no sign of AF still, and I’m starting to let myself feel hope. I’ll wait to test until tomorrow, because I told myself I would. Say, maybe at 12:01 a.m.? Now that would be FMU!! I hope you finally ovulated and hope the heartburn goes away fast. I’ll be looking for your updates for sure!

"Mama, thank you for my little brother!" DD 7/05 DS 6/09
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM

What's PUPO? Did I miss something?

I'm on CD 19, I had lots of fertile mucous last Wed/Thurs, ferns on the microscope Friday, and then I went away for the weekend, and my temps are so whacked out, I don't know what to do with them. Today it seemed like my temp barely registered, as in, if that were really my temp, I think I'd be dead! So frustrating. So I'm feeling like I'm in limbo for a while. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon. I hate the waiting game. But you all can relate, right?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:00 PM

: :
I am so excited! My temp was up again today and FF gave me SOLID cross hairs! I can't help it, I have my hopes up. Looks like we have good coverage. How could we not, we were having a BD marathon!
For once I have a normal looking chart. Check it out in my siggy!

Please move me to 2ww!!

Now, let the obsessing and imaginary pg symptoms begin....................
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
What's PUPO? Did I miss something?
PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise
I love that, I have to give credit to Brooke.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise
I love that, I have to give credit to Brooke.
Ahhh, thanks. And congrats on the solid CH! I'm dreaming of those myself.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 PM

AF showed up this morning. Early. I'm only on CD 25 I think. What a bummer. Move me back to waiting to o please.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I'm tentatively calling myself 1DPO. No more EWCM today, actually hardly any CM at all and my CP has moved itself to low and is closed.
Please move me to the 2WW

I'll be testing obsessively within the next 9-10 days.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM

I really want to join this thread but without AF being regular I feel like an outsider . I got my first pp AF on June 3 and haven't seen it since. I have a feeling she's going to take a few more months off. I was really wanting to ttc! So, all we can do is try anyways I guess. Is there a chance I could still ovulate anyway? I don't chart or take my temperature but I am familiar with checking CM.

Okay well I wish all you ladies luck this month~!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Can you please add me to Waiting to be Ready? DS is going to be 2yr in August and still no AF. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info i've read here about vitex, etc. I do not want to night wean/wean, but I'm afraid if i don't get AF soon, DH is going to start to push the issue. It is helpful for me to see that I am not the only mama out there who hasn't gotten AF after almost 2 yrs. I was beginning to think that my body was broken.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 PM

Please add me to Waiting to O also - I'm new to this forum.

and hmberhalter, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU - My ds is 18 1/2 months. There's no sign of O or AF or anything, and it's hard to feel like there's nothing wrong with you. We did nightwean, mostly, but he makes up for it between 5 and 8 am!

I don't know much about charting but I check my CM and there is nothing.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2libby View Post
I really want to join this thread but without AF being regular I feel like an outsider . I got my first pp AF on June 3 and haven't seen it since. I have a feeling she's going to take a few more months off. I was really wanting to ttc! So, all we can do is try anyways I guess. Is there a chance I could still ovulate anyway? I don't chart or take my temperature but I am familiar with checking CM.

Okay well I wish all you ladies luck this month~!!!
If you have had a PPAF you are probably ovulating - not a sure thing but probably.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikey View Post
Please add me to Waiting to O also - I'm new to this forum.

and hmberhalter, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU - My ds is 18 1/2 months. There's no sign of O or AF or anything, and it's hard to feel like there's nothing wrong with you. We did nightwean, mostly, but he makes up for it between 5 and 8 am!

I don't know much about charting but I check my CM and there is nothing.
Just to give you some hope, I was not having any CM that I could find (did have a tiny amount last week) and I started using OPKs and found out that I am ovulating. I do have AF back, so that can make a difference but you can be ovulating with out AF.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM

How can that be??? I thought I read in TCOYF that the only way you can ovulate but not menstruate is if you catch the first egg. Where does the egg GO otherwise? Please explain - I'm so curious!

and thanks for the encouragement!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Hello. So many new nursing mammas ttc! Sorry I haven't been "around" much...I did have a ? though. What is up with 5 days of positive OPK's???? Heck, there may even be more but I ran out of tests!

I also saw a super cute little boy and his little sister both sleeping in the back of a car today and it really made my heart break. I have been feeling extra : the last couple of days...Any extra words of encouragement would be great. We just passed 1 year of actively ttc (post first ppaf).

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
How can that be??? I thought I read in TCOYF that the only way you can ovulate but not menstruate is if you catch the first egg. Where does the egg GO otherwise? Please explain - I'm so curious!

Um, a BIG yeah that. How can you ovulate without AF? Because if that's possible, I guess that's what's up with me. :-/

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
I apologize for my rant, I am sure I will feel better now that I am able to unload it somewhere. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest... and if you read this far, thanks

Brooke
So sorry you're down mama! I hear ya - DS is 12mos and no o in sight - no af yet - I feel like I'm gonna be one of those mama's going 24+ mos and no af. I just tried to tell myself it will happen when it's meant to -even if I don't understand why right now! Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkylayne View Post
Well, it turns out I am ovulating! Happy dance and bd too
Please move me to the 2WW, also I should have DS 5/06.
Thanks!
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
My sister just told me she is pg!!!!!!! I am so excited and bursting to tell everyone but have been sworn to secrecy (irl anyway )
Yay!!! Good luck to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
OMG!

Congrats, congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
I took the vitex for about 2 months and really think it made a big difference. My first PP cycle was really weird--short bleed, then a really long cycle before the next one--so I started taking it after that. The next 2 were perfect 30 day cycles, I clearly felt O happen, CM looked great, and obviously I'm fertile! I didn't notice any effect on milk supply; I was taking 5 capsules a day.
How do you think I should take them if I haven't yet had PPAF? I was going to continue to take them until I think I get my first O. Did you take your entire cycle or only up to O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Hello. So many new nursing mammas ttc! Sorry I haven't been "around" much...I did have a ? though. What is up with 5 days of positive OPK's???? Heck, there may even be more but I ran out of tests!

I also saw a super cute little boy and his little sister both sleeping in the back of a car today and it really made my heart break. I have been feeling extra : the last couple of days...Any extra words of encouragement would be great. We just passed 1 year of actively ttc (post first ppaf).
Hang in there mama! It will happen for you!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
How do you think I should take them if I haven't yet had PPAF? I was going to continue to take them until I think I get my first O. Did you take your entire cycle or only up to O?
I took it the whole cycle. I can't see the harm in taking it even if you haven't had PPAF yet. It takes a while to build up in the body, apparently, so it might take a couple months to have an effect.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Old 07-09-2007, 09:50 PM

Come vote on my poll. (Cuz I lied about not driving myself crazy over this, haha)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=708851

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
Come vote on my poll. (Cuz I lied about not driving myself crazy over this, haha)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=708851
I voted 14 days triphasic.

I will seriously be floored if you aren't pg. FWIW it was 20 dpo before i got a BFP with ds and the line was still sort of faint. Anyway, : for you!!

Naturegirl -

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 PM

UGH! Its too early to have any symptoms. If I'm more than 1 DPO I'm only 4 DPO. So, wouldn't even have implantation yet. But, this heart burn is going to kill me. Must be coming down with something. *sigh*

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm a nursing Mommy in the 2 WW. I will test this weekend.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
Um, a BIG yeah that. How can you ovulate without AF? Because if that's possible, I guess that's what's up with me. :-/
There are several things that can happen, it depends on the person. Usually fertility returns in steps such as

1) Follicular activity WITH OUT ovulation.

2)Then ovulation with out full LP - in this case you ovulate and perhaps the egg is even fertlized but you don't have adeqaute lining for implantation. I'm not sure "where it goes" I guess this means the egg is reabsorbed by the body or hangs out (but not pregnant because the window of time for implantation has passed) until you do have a period.

3)Then you experience full fertility again, ovulation and menstration so if the egg is fertilzed and implants you become pregnant.

Does that make sense?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:

Craving babies makes your heart hurt sometimes. Big s

What kind of OPK are you using? Perhaps you were not actually having an LH surge and it was just picking up on your normal LH level? I didn't know this until recently but 2 lines on an OPK does not always mean positive. Lots more info here

http://www.peeonastick.com/opks.html
Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'm back so all updates are current up to here. I l lost my themomter while i was gone so I have not tested since thur and I'm freaking out I'm off to go get a new one. ugh
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 AM

Well now I am even more : : :

I started having severe cramping this afternoon, a week early for af, and it was very similar to past m/c cramping so I came home did a pregnancy test and it was positive. Unfortunately I think I am losing the baby with the cramps and spotting I am having. It really doesn't feel good. : : :

I have heard that OPK's can be positive when pregnant so maybe that is why they kept showing up?? Anyway, I am in a deep, deep sorrow. I have been feeling very emotional since Saturday and now I know why.

Any prayers that this one is still healthy and sticky would be great. I still have a small sliver of hope.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

naturegirl I am : : : : : : : for you and your bean

Did I meantion that I'm 10dpo and I had a today :
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Well now I am even more : : :

I started having severe cramping this afternoon, a week early for af, and it was very similar to past m/c cramping so I came home did a pregnancy test and it was positive. Unfortunately I think I am losing the baby with the cramps and spotting I am having. It really doesn't feel good. : : :

I have heard that OPK's can be positive when pregnant so maybe that is why they kept showing up?? Anyway, I am in a deep, deep sorrow. I have been feeling very emotional since Saturday and now I know why.

Any prayers that this one is still healthy and sticky would be great. I still have a small sliver of hope.
My prayers are with you and your bean mama!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM

Wow! this board certainly moves along very quickly!

Congratulations to all of the BFP ladies! how wonderful! I hope that you have a happy, healthy 9 months.

naturegirl- my deepest sympathy. These ultra sensitive tests are both a blessing and a curse. I hope that you have a stubborn, sticky bean.

I'm feeling kind of alone these days, living as an expat in a very different, developing country. It is so hard to see the desperate poverty on a daily basis. I feel so blessed to be able to call Canada home, and there are many things I'll never take for granted again: safe food & water, democracy, equality, safety, safe medical facilities.

I have been getting caught up in the TTC journey, and today AF showed up. The bad thing is that I was hoping to be pg, the good thing is that my cycle was about 30 days - not bad for my first complete PPAF cycle.

Feeling kind of bummed, especially because DD's first birthday is coming up this weekend, and i SOO wanted to be pg again by her 1st bday...

...anyway, just rambling here.

my heart goes out to you ladies struggling with TTC and loss....take care of your spirit.

Charlene
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 AM

opps, forgot to say,

could you please move me to waiting to O

thank you!

User Tag List