Nursing mommies in July - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm View Post
With both my boys I didn't get AF back til they were 24-5 months. Hopefully yours comes back quick! I ended up jump starting mine with vitex the first time, this time did nothing other than reduce nighttime feedings.

Going by my cervical fluid I should O in the next few days.
mtm, I'm trying to take vitex as well, but am not sure on if I'm doing it right. It is working to some degree since I FINALLY have some CM!!

What dosage worked for you, and how long did you use it? Currently I'm using the tincture, about 28 drops to a litre of water a day. I find if I make it any stronger, I get dizzy spells. :

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM

AF showed up today at 18dpo. : Please move me to waiting to O.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Update...I do have an ectopic pregnancy and it looks like I will be going in for surgery, I am just waiting for the call.

Please send positive healing vibes and prayers that the doctors don't mess up!

I was about 6 weeks pg...:

I am so sorry.

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oka-san View Post
So I finally tested this morning and…

BFP!!!! A very dark, strong, clear second line. Yay, I’m pregnant!!
: YAY!!! H&H9M!

Quote:
Update...I do have an ectopic pregnancy and it looks like I will be going in for surgery, I am just waiting for the call.

Oh my. I am so sorry . I will be thinking of you. Try to take care of yourself and know that we will all be sending healing thoughts your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
AF showed up today at 18dpo. : Please move me to waiting to O.
. . . I had been waiting to hear an update from you. Sorry to hear AF showed up instead of a BFP. mama.

Okay . . . I need to do something about my lack of CM. I bought some EPO capsules and will start taking them today. 1000mg a day, does that sound right? Taking robitussin kinda freaks me out - I suppose I should take a look at the ingredients before i jump to any conclusions though. I also bought some green tea, so I'll try that each day. I'm not used to caffene, though - eek! What else should I add?

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
AF showed up today at 18dpo. :
Bummer! But on the plus side, you have a really great LP.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
Bummer! But on the plus side, you have a really great LP.
To be honest, I'm just really excited that I o'd at all. Before DS, I only O'd about 3-4 times a year, and this is my first full pp cycle, and I know a lot of women don't start O'ing right away. I just figured I'd be one of them. My OB said the good news is that having DS may have corrected my problems and I might O every month like a normal human being now. lol

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Hi all!! Brand spankin new here. hope its ok to hop right in. my name is Em, I have been a member of MDC since Nov 2005 when TTC my youngest dd. With sucess in jan 06 we concieved and she is now 9 months. I also have a son who is almost 6 and another dd that will be 5 in Oct. The baby adn I are still BF, she has cut down quite a bit. She takes solids alot but still nurses about 5 or so times a day. I bled for abotu 7 weeks after having her and that is all, still no AF return. I am not really sure where to start with teh charting and all that. I did not BF my older two so this is all kinda new to me. Hubby and I have been discussing TTC #4 and I have no idea where to begin. We never had to try for our other 3, it was the 1 time unprotected and I got pregnant. Anyone have any advice?? Would appreciate any You can add me to "Waiting to be ready" I suppose. Hubby is still leary about giving me the "lets go for it" lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all

Em
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

MamaEm24 I added you to the list
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oka-san View Post
So I finally tested this morning and…

BFP!!!! A very dark, strong, clear second line. Yay, I’m pregnant!!
Congrats - that's awesome!!!

Quote:

I'm so, so sorry to hear that! I"ll be thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaEm24 View Post
Hi all!! Brand spankin new here. hope its ok to hop right in. my name is Em, I have been a member of MDC since Nov 2005 when TTC my youngest dd. With sucess in jan 06 we concieved and she is now 9 months. I also have a son who is almost 6 and another dd that will be 5 in Oct. The baby adn I are still BF, she has cut down quite a bit. She takes solids alot but still nurses about 5 or so times a day. I bled for abotu 7 weeks after having her and that is all, still no AF return. I am not really sure where to start with teh charting and all that. I did not BF my older two so this is all kinda new to me. Hubby and I have been discussing TTC #4 and I have no idea where to begin. We never had to try for our other 3, it was the 1 time unprotected and I got pregnant. Anyone have any advice?? Would appreciate any You can add me to "Waiting to be ready" I suppose. Hubby is still leary about giving me the "lets go for it" lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all

Em
Welcome!!!

Nothing new on my end. I've started temping, but definitely need to make it more of a regular "habit". I'm headed out of town for the next week or so and I'm not sure I'll be great about it - but I"m really going ot focus on it when we get back. Started taking vitex. Didn't know EPO could increase CM. I suppose I should probably wait on that until my cycle returns though. Never had a CM problem when I actually HAD my cycle, lol. I suppose if it's meant to be, it will come back. If not, just the world' way of telling us our ds is not ready for a younger sibling yet! Hope everyone is doing well nad wishing lots of baby dust!!!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannyjo View Post
As much as I said I wasn't going to obsess this cycle, I have a confession to make, I have about 15 tests from saveontests.com sitting in the cubboard calling my name. I POAS this morning and of course it was neg. What was I thinking, I am only 6dpo! I know other POASaddicts would understand.
: i am laughing because i tested today at 4 dpo! i was just so excited about my nice high temp and i had $1 tests. i was after thinking about how implantation has not even happened yet............

[QUOTE=mamatotwo;8601739As for me - I think that I am 11 DPO. I only have ne HPT left so I am waiting for a couple of days (waisted the last one on a BFN at 6DPO - what was I thinking??) I appear to be having AF symptoms - or are they PG symptoms?? Tender, full breasts, really hungry, cramping.
Did any of you BFPers have those symptoms this early, by chance??[/QUOTE]

i am having those symptoms at 4dpo!! sheesh, it is going to be a looong 2 weeks for me. i already have my hopes up. in fact i told dh tonight i consider myself pupo!! he is truly afraid i am going off the deep end.

oka san : : congrats!! i was waiting for you to test, i just knew you were pg.

cheryl and healing thoughts to you mama.

tiffani stupid that was a long time to wait, what a disappointment. but it sounds promising for you sometime soon!

mamaem24 vitex works for some to kick start your cycle. i started temping before ppaf. i had a lot of crazy anovulatory charts that did not make any sense but finally things stabilized. it was exciting to see things smooth out. so i guess if you have patience and persistence you can start temping any time.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:51 AM
mtm

I took the pills for 3 months, can't remember the dosage though, I'll see if I still have a bottle kicking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
mtm, I'm trying to take vitex as well, but am not sure on if I'm doing it right. It is working to some degree since I FINALLY have some CM!!

What dosage worked for you, and how long did you use it? Currently I'm using the tincture, about 28 drops to a litre of water a day. I find if I make it any stronger, I get dizzy spells. :

Michele
Old 07-11-2007, 02:06 AM

omg, you all are a really darn chatty bunch!!

christina, please move me to 2ww. tia.

i had nearly-ewcm for about 4 days straight, and dh claimed he needed a break, so we took day 3 of that off from bd. but the newcm was present at about cd15-18, and i did have particularly wet cm during cd11-14, too. sheesh. so i'm either 2dpo or 9dpo (or somewhere in between of course).

dh actually asked me tonight if i poas yet!?! this after i had to give him a biology course in why we had to have sex for almost 10 days straight. (poor guy, huh?)

cheryl, big hugs to you. let yourself feel & heal. you know you have what it takes to make a sticky baby whenever you are ready, though. best of luck for the surgery.

moonprysm, you have an awesome attitude about this month's roller coaster ride. gl to you next cycle!!

bfcongrats to all the bfp's!!!

i hope i can be in that category come either 1wk or 2wks (see confusing cm notes above). i only have 2 tests & i have sworn not to poas until at least next friday, the 20th. if we did succeed, #2 will be exactly 3 yrs (+/- a few days) younger than ds. but i'm getting ahead of myself.

of course, now i'm going out of town till sunday to be with family. it will be hard not telling them we're ttc, but it would be even harder to wait to tell them if i were pg (we don't tell until at least 8 wks; we tried waiting till 12 last time, but i couldn't keep my trap shut). now i'm rambling. sorry...got insomnia! (wait....could it be????)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Move me to 2 ww, please

I think yesterday's low temp was just a fluke. My temp was back up today. Could someone look at my chart and tell me if you agree?

Heather
Old 07-11-2007, 01:27 PM

I am home. Everything seemed to go well and they were able to save my tube and ovary so I am very thankful for that. It has been a crazy 48 hours! From not knowing I was even pregnant, to ectopic and surgery and now recovery.: I don't wish this on anyone.

Quote:
Naturegirl, I am so very sorry. I saw your post today about being 6 weeks along and remembered yesterday's post where you said that AF wasn't due for another week. I'm curious about the discrepancy. Did you have a very light period this cycle that wasn't really a period?

I really hope everything goes smoothly with the doctors
I had a "period" at my usual time. It was relatively normal (actually a couple of days longer than usual) and nothing made me think it could be a fluke. Other than my pants were getting tight, I had no reason to even think I was pregnant. I guess that is more common with ectopics, many women can have a seemingly normal cycle and still be pregnant. So...if you have a cycle and then still have bad cramping around O or a little sooner or later, TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST! The odds are that it won't be an ectopic pregnancy but it is better to be safe than sorry. I already had a lot of internal bleeding and thought I might lose my tube because of it. Fortunately the tube didn't burst.

This is all still very surreal to me.

So, you can put me back at waiting to be ready. Doctors orders, no intercourse for 6 weeks so I will be "skipping" a cycle before I can ttc again. Which is okay because I will likely be out of town during the crucial period anyway. Poor dh...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad your tube and ovary are okay. I hope you catch the next cycle!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 PM

Cheryl,
I am so happy that there wasn't any damage to your ovary or your tube! you are having to go through this.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:15 PM

:

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Old 07-11-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm glad the surgery went well, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm glad the surgery went well. What a roller coaster ride. I hope you heal well.
Here I am CD 21, and no temperature shift. At least I had a normal temperature today. for the last several days, it seemed way too low, round about 96.6. I think going out of town for the weekend screwed things up. I think I was getting all set to O on Friday, and then I flew across the country. I had beautiful ferns on my microscope, plenty of fertile mucous, but no thermal shift. So I dont' know what's going on. I had hoped for a May baby all along, but I wouldn't mind at all succeeding before next month, yk? Is it possible my temperatures just don't reflect an O that already happened? So confused.
Congrats to all the Hopefully I'll join you soon.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I am home. Everything seemed to go well and they were able to save my tube and ovary so I am very thankful for that. It has been a crazy 48 hours! From not knowing I was even pregnant, to ectopic and surgery and now recovery.: I don't wish this on anyone.
Thank goodness they were able to perform such a successful surgery! I can't imagine how tough these last few days have been, though. I don't know what to say except that I'm thinking of you. Big

Amy
Old 07-11-2007, 05:46 PM

it is so hot here and ds is not handling it well. of course when he cannot handle something he wants to nurse. he was up many times last night on the boo.
i hope this does not ruin my chances of being pg!! can bf effect implantation?

cheryl i am so relieved the surgery went well. please take care of yourself, relax and heal.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=esmlranch;8611055i hope this does not ruin my chances of being pg!! can bf effect implantation?
[/QUOTE]

I often wonder the same thing myself. I dont' know the answer but I'm hoping someone does! DS is nursing so much these days . . . at least every 3 hours. At 2.5 I really didn't expect to still be nursing as though he is a wee babe! Thankfully we have a LLL meeting tonight (my first one as a LLL Leader, yay!!! ) so hopefully i can find some support there - I'm feeling a little drained by all the nursing.

Amy
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post

i hope this does not ruin my chances of being pg!! can bf effect implantation?

im curious about this too!!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Another month...
You can move me back to WAITING TO O

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:16 PM

Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Is it possible to O before the first PP AF appears?
That is how my #2 got here..

: Well I am CD 47..Monday was a BFN and still no AF. No more cramping either. Could cramping have been implantation? late? and now am just a week out from O?? Any one with experience like that? I plan on testing again tomorrow then probably call the midwives for a check up.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

------------------------Updated to here----------------------

Well I had another neg test this morning so I'm giving up on this cycle I dont know I think I'm almost ready to give up all together. : :
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Wow, I'm dense I just noticed you have people's other children's birthdates on the list.

Could you add my kids? DD 10/98, DD 11/03, DD 10/05

Heather
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
------------------------Updated to here----------------------

Well I had another neg test this morning so I'm giving up on this cycle I dont know I think I'm almost ready to give up all together. : :
oh sweety, i'm so sorry dont give up!! just when you want to give up is when it will happen though, just wait and see!!! ((hugs))
Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 AM

You can move me to graduate.

I totally didn't expect it this month in the midst of moving to a new state, and DH being out of town on business, and vacation. I had all but given up and I didn't even temp this month.

To answer the early symptoms question; heightened sense of smell, tender nipples (it kills to nurse DD), fatigue, slight nausea.

surromommy2be, . I'm so sorry. I will happen when the time is right.

heatherRN, . Keep your chin up.

naturegirl, Wow! You've been through a lot. Take care of yourself.

esmlranch, My DD has been the same way. I didn't even think about it being the heat. The increased nursings didn't keep me from O'ing, obviously. Good luck!

: to everybody else!

User Tag List