Nursing mommies in July - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
July Thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy July!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Best wishes and baby dust, mamas!

Waiting to be Ready

MamaEm24
socialworkmamma
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
valeria_vi DD 05/2005
AnnieMarie
ScootchsMom DD 6/05
bodhicitta3 ds 8-24-04 dd 10-11-06
hmberhalter
Naturegirl DS 8/04
marieangela

: In Limbo Land :
surromommy2be DD 06/02 DS 10/05

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!
mfrykas
Little Shepherds 16 DS, 14 DD, 12 DS, 8 DD, 7 DS, 21 mos DS, 4 mos DS
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
goin' green
mfrykas
llv76
mommymia

Waiting to O
adtake DS 12/01, DS 7/03 and DS 4/06
mamatotwo DD 5/02 DS 4/04
teph C.
Anno DS 10/04
greenmama13
Nourishma DS 12/1/05
geo_girl
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
quarteralien DS 7/04 DD 2/06
emikey
Moonprysm ds 4/06
jannyjo (Janet) DS 2/93, DD 12/01, DS 10/03, DD 8/05, and m/c 4/07
DreamsInDigital
stegenrae
tweetpeasmom dd 6/06
arismom1029

: 2WW :

sarahmck DD 5/05
quarteralien
MamaHen2J&J DD 4/04 DD 5/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/7/06
sunnymw
dkenagy DD 4yo DD 3yo DD 4/06
SereneBabe
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
XanaduMama DS 12/25/2005
attached2mason DS 1/5/06
BakerALM DD 2/06
Amandamarie DD 5/3/05
quirkylayne ds
KatWrangler
hmberhalter
celestialdreamer DD 5/04 DS 4/06 - TTC #3
heatherRN DS 6/7/06

Upcoming POASers
CounterGOPI DD 9/19/05

: :
Our Success sucess stories
July 2007
JMO
DCMom DD 26month
Jessmomto2 DS 6yr ds 5/2/05
anthasam
Oka-san DD 7/31/05
healthnutmama DD's 10.5, 8.75, 22mo
esmlranch DS 6/5/05
Ibbit DD 10/98, DD 11/03, DD 10/05
rmzbm DD 3/06
mtm DS 2yo
Stegenrae DS 3/05
jenangelcat

JUNE 2007
Mama_Nym 12 mo DS
lovetobemama DS 18mo -- first cycle!
newchicagomommy DD 6/13/06
zulupetalz DS 3/06 -- second cycle
Nature
hannybanany DD 8/23/05 -- 8 cycles trying prior to conceiving (1 m/c)
milky_mama
mtnsunshinemama
NamastePlatypus
Zonapellucida
mtnsunshinemama
lincap DS 1 yo
scarletbegonias19

MAY 2007
SharonAnne DD 6/05
mama2babybeans DS 2/2002 DD 11/2004
EllyMay DD 8/00 DS 7/03 DD 05/06
madis81(Chris) DD
sarahn4639 DD 11/05

APRIL 2007
OhioMommy1122 DS 10/00 and DD 4/06
hannybanany DD 8/23/05
susanrc DD 09/09/2005
beth144 DD 3/30/05
MCKH (Maureen) DD 16 mos
zjande DD 8/91, DS 5/98, DS 11/05
LawrenceDoula DD 30mo
Polihaupt

MARCH 2007
Chiararose DS 2/06
yogachick79 DD 7/98 DS 9/05
kirk_heidi
Moderngal DS 5/05
SettingSail
KCMommy

FEBRUARY 2007
Firstkid4me DD 2/05
Gardenwithin
ttcintexas
zak DS 3/05
Mommy2Jackson DS 6/05
Welldone DD 4yo DD 23mo
JamesMama DS 24mo
Aimee21972 DS 11/05
Jen&James DS 17mo
ErinluvsKen DS 08/04/05
mommacrystal

#2 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Here you go mommies our new thread Sorry it wasnt up earlier. Lots and lots of baby dust to all I hope this is out month

Guess what I have cross hairs woo hoo
#3 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Can everyone look at the list and make sure there in the right place?
#4 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Hi ladies! Best wishes to all TTC!

I was gone for a bit w/ a cross-country move but now I'm back! I'm currently nursing my 1yo (just turned 1 this week). We had been considering TTC a few months back, but I still have no AF back. We talked about night-weaning, but decided not to mess with any of that. I'd prefer at this point not to wean at all (maybe some night-weaning- he nurses all night long) but was thinking of vitex as a more natural approach. I've done some research, but lots of conflicting info (safe for nursing/not safe - may increase supply/decrease, what does is recommended, etc.)

Anyone have any good links to info on this stuff? And know where to get it? Don't have a good natural foods place where I live now... And, how to take? Is tincture best or capsules ok? And I've heard to take up to O but not after, but if I'm not O'ing yet do I just take every day? (see why I'm so confused?)

Sorry for all the questions....but I know some of you ladies can help! TIA!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#5 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Also, what is the diff between Waiting to Catch first PP Egg and Waiting to be REady? I'm in waiting to be ready but think maybe I should be in the former? Silly question I know...

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

#6 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 01:19 PM

i think my last post in june got overlooked (i tend to be a bit invisible on mothering for some reason). so here it is again:

ladies, i must bid you all adeu! i had the priviledge to EBF my dd for 8mos, and then overnight, i became an EPer. i EPed for 8.5mos. while i would love to still be BFing dd from the tap, EPing is a whole other ball game. so, i've come to the end of my BF journey. i haven't pumped since thurs, and i think i'm just done. so on i go to the TTC in our 20s thread. i'm wishing for lots of BFPs for you all! i'll be lurking from time to time, and cheering you all on! :please remove me from the list.
#7 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
i think my last post in june got overlooked (i tend to be a bit invisible on mothering for some reason). so here it is again:

ladies, i must bid you all adeu! i had the priviledge to EBF my dd for 8mos, and then overnight, i became an EPer. i EPed for 8.5mos. while i would love to still be BFing dd from the tap, EPing is a whole other ball game. so, i've come to the end of my BF journey. i haven't pumped since thurs, and i think i'm just done. so on i go to the TTC in our 20s thread. i'm wishing for lots of BFPs for you all! i'll be lurking from time to time, and cheering you all on! :please remove me from the list.
: Good luck to you mama! : Check back in and let us know when you've got good news to tell!!!!

Surromommy: Thanks for keeping the thread this month! And congrats on the CH!!!

Goin' Green: Good luck to you, mama! I mainly searched through old posts and lurked around for awhile to learn what I wanted to do with Vitex. I just started today....I got mine from Red Moon Herbs....they seemed like a great bunch of sisters over there! I ordered the tincture and started taking 25 drops....the lower dose. Let me warn you tho, it is !
My understanding is that a lower dose may increase supply, and a higher dose will decrease but everyone is different and I've heard a lot of mamas say they notice no difference.

As for me: CD 65 or something ridiculous here. : . I've been slacking on temping and stuff because DH used to do it when he got up for work, but now he's off for the summer. Well mamas, I gotta go to work! GL everyone! May this be your month!!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#8 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 03:59 PM

Christina, I am so sorry I couldn't get on yesterday to PM you the info, but looks like you didn't need it after all! Enjoy being threadkeeper

Wow... on the downhill run to Christmas and 2008 already... I swear that each year passes faster than the previous!

pazerific, good luck to you, mama! I hope you conceive soon!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#9 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:11 PM

hey everyone
thanks for adding me to the 2ww list!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#10 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:15 PM

since the june thread is dying off, i'll just copy my novel from last night here:

Quote:
been awol lately. sorry bout that. i had training for a new job & dh was out of town at the same freaking time so i was too worn down to sacrifice sleep for computer time. i also had af last week. it was a crappy week!

hugs, jen.

so, as i said above, af was last week (it was a 29 day cycle), and i'm now on cd 8. what's funny is i'll probably o around the same time i did 3 years ago when we accidentally conceived ds. that 4th of july weekend was a long, hot weekend! so please move me to waiting to o.

i tried temping starting last week, but i cannot manage to wake at a consistent time, nor have i been able to sleep well lately with the stress of starting a new job and all. so my temps during af were already around 99, so i didn't think it was worth it anyway. i'll just stick with the cm awareness.

i never got the tea w/ vitex in it...saw that it had both anise and fennel, both of which i can't stand, so i opted for the capsules instead. we'll see, i guess...whole foods had them on sale, so i got two bottles. hopefully i'll be able to return one!

to those of you talking about toddlers nursing a lot & that getting in the way of o'ing...a couple thoughts. dh and i nightweaned our son at age 2 & it was only slightly painful the first two nights. i slept in the guest room; daddy put him to sleep. i was going crazy w/ his constant night nursing & couldn't sleep, so that was our solution...and it worked. he sleeps thru the night now (i never thought that would happen!) & still nurses a lot during the day if we're not busy doing something really interesting to him. i got my cycle back right away (i think part of the reason i was going so crazy was all the hormonal weirdness of my body gearing up to o for the first time in almost 3 years). my cycles have been 24 days, 42 days, and 29 days so far. just fyi in case you're interested. another thought is that maybe your children aren't ready to share your attention yet...that their nursing indicates some deep-seated biological need to have you to themselves for a bit longer. sorry if that sounds presumptuous; it's just the "everything in nature happens for a reason" in me.
pazerific, sorry to see you leave here...but i'm sure you won't be missing your pump!! gl!!!

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#11 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
...but was thinking of vitex as a more natural approach. I've done some research, but lots of conflicting info (safe for nursing/not safe - may increase supply/decrease, what does is recommended, etc.)

Anyone have any good links to info on this stuff? And know where to get it? Don't have a good natural foods place where I live now... And, how to take? Is tincture best or capsules ok? And I've heard to take up to O but not after, but if I'm not O'ing yet do I just take every day? (see why I'm so confused?)
i just started the capsules yesterday. 400mg 2-3x/day for the first month, then 1x/day after that. i got mine at whole foods, but i've had great luck w/ sunshine herbs online for other things that are really hard to find. i had found a tea, but it had fennel & anise in it, and i hate them both, so i knew i wouldn't take it. same with the tincture. i knew i wouldn't take it if it didn't taste good, so i went for the capsules instead.

good luck catching that egg! my ds nursed around the clock, too, and i only got af back btw 23 and 24 mos. we didn't do a paci or bottles at all, and he only started solids at a year, so that may have played a big part, too.

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#12 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:41 PM

my dd nurses non stop and still nurses around the clock,we never did bottles nor pacis and she didnt start solids til 11 months but i still got AF back at 6 months PP, so i don't think that plays a big part, i think it just differs from woamn to woman,kwim?

#13 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Also, what is the diff between Waiting to Catch first PP Egg and Waiting to be REady? I'm in waiting to be ready but think maybe I should be in the former? Silly question I know...
waiting to be ready means you can't TTC yet or are not emotionally ready i think where as waiting to catch the 1st egg means your ready and just waiting.... i think!

#14 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Christina Thanks for the new thread. It looks great. I am in the right place, although I wish I would ever move on up. Congrats on your cross hairs!

goin green
I have been taking vitex for about 6 or 7 months now. I also am waiting for 1st ppaf and take it every day. I take the tincture, 30 drops 2X per day in some water. I have read that the tincture is the most effective variety to use. I was also confused about all the conflicting reading that I did before starting to use it. Obviously I am very cautious about what I put in my body since ds will share it with me. My naturopath thinks that it is totally safe to use. She also said that she recommends that you continue to use it after becoming pg for the first few weeks so that your hormone levels don't do anything drastic without it. It takes a while to build up in your system so it would decrease it's effectiveness to stop taking it during o.
I have not noticed an increase or decrease in milk supply and have not had headaches. I guess that is a very individual reaction from each woman. I honestly didn't know if it was doing anything but my ND did her testing and said that she feels like it is working to balance my hormones and help my thyroid function.

I think that waiting to be ready means that you are not actually ready to get pg yet, only thinking about it and planning for it. Waiting to catch the first pp egg means you are chomping at the bits, obsessing, dying to be pg, and tired of waiting around for your body to kick into gear!!!!!!!!!

Ds will be 25 months next week. I am really getting impatient. I think we will have to get serious about the night weaning to have some real change here. Maybe we will have to try me sleeping on the couch or something. I just know how ds gets. He will scream and cry and carry on. He is so demanding and also will not be distracted when he had decided that is what he wants. I also would not have any problem nursing him as much as he wanted except that I am so ready to have another baby. Now every time he nurses I think, well, there goes my fertility this month.

pazerific Good luck mama. Hope you are able to check back in with positive news soon.
#15 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM

yes i did not even say thank you for this new thread : THANK YOU!

esmlranch to you mama it WILL happen!!

pazerific- good luck!!!!

#16 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

pazerific Sometimes I feel as ppl dont read my post to So I know what you mean there and Good luck on the other thread s keep us updated
#17 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Christina, I am so sorry I couldn't get on yesterday to PM you the info, but looks like you didn't need it after all! Enjoy being threadkeeper

Wow... on the downhill run to Christmas and 2008 already... I swear that each year passes faster than the previous!
Its OK I got in under control now Its funny I forgot to even start the thread and today I ran in here to put my temp in ff and I was going to post about the cross hairs and yep I then remembered to start it. lol So I hope no ones mad that I didn't start it sooner
#18 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 PM

So I have a question about cf. How do you tell what kind of cf you have when you always have.......um..........baby batter in there?
DH and I are going on the assumption that I could o at any time and want to catch the egg so we dtd at least every 3rd day, if not every other day ( this is dh). So anyways, I never know what to record. It always seems ewish, kwim??
Should I just record ew? I know that ff uses this info when interpreting charts so I don't know what will happen if I just leave it off or if it is always ew.
What do you think?
#19 of 610 Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Man it's so sad you know your an addicted to POAS if your only at 4dpo and you already want to test. Thank god I dont have any in the house lol. So I figured it out I could test on Sat at 10dpo or just wait till wed witch is what I probably will do because I will be 14dpo So send you baby dust my way and pray that we caught that egg.

Lots of baby dust for all the other mommas

#20 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
So I have a question about cf. How do you tell what kind of cf you have when you always have.......um..........baby batter in there?
DH and I are going on the assumption that I could o at any time and want to catch the egg so we dtd at least every 3rd day, if not every other day ( this is dh). So anyways, I never know what to record. It always seems ewish, kwim??
Should I just record ew? I know that ff uses this info when interpreting charts so I don't know what will happen if I just leave it off or if it is always ew.
What do you think?
That's a good question! Have you tried putting it into your chart both ways? I bet it makes a difference whether you leave it off or add it everyday....of course you still don't know which one is is truly what is going on! (seems that way with everything, huh?)

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#21 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Pazerific - GL to you!!!

Christina, thanks for the new thread . I know what you mean about wanting to test asap. I'm hoping that this month I will be distracted enough with the move etc that I won't be obsessing as much, but normally I think about testing all the time

Elaina . . .good question about the 'baby batter' . I kwym. Especially if it takes a while to make it's 'exit' . . how are you supposed to check?

Anyway, to all this month! I'm not feeling all that hopeful this month since we didn't exactly overdo the bd'ing .. . but I suppose it only takes once, right? Anyway, feeling a little complacent this month and busy with the move, so may not be around. Famous last words, though . . .just watch, I'll be obsessing by CD 25 and here ten times a day

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#22 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 AM

How time flies! :

We are on day CD23 (I think), of my first PPAF. We only DTD 3 times, day 14, 17 and 22....so not feeling particularly optimistic about this cycle. :

I DID feel some cramping yesterda around where I *think* my ovaries are, and DTD last night. These has also been some sticky/wet/creamy CM patches from the 14 until now, so....

I haven't been doing the BBT because I'm getting up at different times in the morning...relying more on keeping track of CM.

Is this my first 2WW? When is the first time that I should POAS?

thanks ladies,
Charlene
#23 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 AM

Add me to Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

DD is 5 months and no sign of AF yet, but we're hoping soon. We'd like them to be fairly close in age. Weird that there's no AF yet because I usually get it 3 months postpartum but I am tandem nursing DD and DS3 who is 18 months as well. I just ordered my BBT, some OPKs and some HPTs. I can't wait to get started charting.
#24 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 AM

ughh mamas this is so hard, im trying to not get my hopes up but its so hard not to. all i do is daydream about little bean sprout all day and all night

#25 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmlranch View Post
Sorry I don't think I'd be much help - I'm pretty new to the whole charting thing myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
So send you baby dust my way and pray that we caught that egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
[B]
DD is 5 months and no sign of AF yet, but we're hoping soon.
Same boat as me! 12mos pp and still no egg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
ughh mamas this is so hard, im trying to not get my hopes up but its so hard not to. all i do is daydream about little bean sprout all day and all night
Good luck to you mama!!

#26 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 AM

I don't know if I can keep up with this thread, but I shall try. I'm new. Well not new to MDC (though I don't post a ton since I'm not as crunchy and feel a little out of place).

We're TTC this month. I didn't join last month, even though my AF started in June, since we can't really TTC until I ovulate. I'm waiting to O right now. I'm CD 10. Oddly though yesterday I spotted again. Even though my AF ended on CD 6.

This is my first time charting. I charted for part of my cycle last month. My other 3 kids were all happy surprises.

ETA: My 20 month old is still nursing anywhere from 1 - 10 or more times a day. My first PPAF was at about 8 weeks even though she was a non-stop nurser before she was a year old.

Heather
wife to wonderful dh, SAHM to 3 girls (10, 5, and 3) and one boy (3/12/2008)
#27 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so bummed FF took my cross hairs away my temp is still up So I dont know what to think Anyone want to tell me whats going on.
#28 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Ok what the heck if I added back in my temp from the other day that I dicarded it gives them back to me : : : : : : I'm so confused can someone help me.
#29 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbit View Post
I don't know if I can keep up with this thread, but I shall try. I'm new. Well not new to MDC (though I don't post a ton since I'm not as crunchy and feel a little out of place).

We're TTC this month. I didn't join last month, even though my AF started in June, since we can't really TTC until I ovulate. I'm waiting to O right now. I'm CD 10. Oddly though yesterday I spotted again. Even though my AF ended on CD 6.

This is my first time charting. I charted for part of my cycle last month. My other 3 kids were all happy surprises.

ETA: My 20 month old is still nursing anywhere from 1 - 10 or more times a day. My first PPAF was at about 8 weeks even though she was a non-stop nurser before she was a year old.
I added you to the list let me know if you want to be somewhere diffrent.

DreamsInDigital your added too
#30 of 610 Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 PM

Okay so I think you can put me back in the 2WW?? I had a postitive OPK yesterday and dtd this am! I think I will O today based on my OPK but ??? I am not temping or doing anything other than OPK and this was the first one I did for this cycle and it was positive!

Anyone have advice on OPK and O timing? This is only the 2nd month of me using them...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page