Boob veins!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy cow, you guys.

So I was just getting ready to go to bed, feeling sort of down and out-of-it, worried that all these "lines" are either evaps are in my head. When I saw my reflection in the mirror, I about screamed. You would not BELIEVE the blue veins on my ta-tas. Like insane. It looks like someone took a marker and drew them on, and I have these little thin very dark veins going to my areolas (sp?).

I admit to be ssssoooooo skeptical whenever I heard boob veins as a pregnancy symptom... but these things look crazy. Maybe it is a pg symptom!

What else could cause this? FYI, I am fair skinned and I always have some veins in my chest area above my boobs. But this is on my boobs, very intense looking ... and weird. Just weird. I've never seen my boobs like this before... they don't even look like mine.

Is this for real? ?? : Please share any opinions and/or experiences.

(OH, btw... yes, I was getting ready for bed. After I saw my boobs I told my DH that I had to run to the computer to look to see what I could find. He was like "are you going to post your boobs online?" I said "no" .... but I wish I had a girlfriend that knew we were ttc... because I'd be so tempted to get a second opinion! )

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#2 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 01:06 AM

Yes, yes, yes!!! That was definitely me when I had my ds. My veins were out of control on my bbs.

I think you've done it girl

Congratulations!!!
#3 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 AM

OMG...they will stay that way until you wean...i've had them for 31+ 9..so like 40 months...geez long time uh???? Hope this is it for you.....

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#4 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 AM

My good friend said the boob veins were her first pg symptom!
:

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#5 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 AM

OK, you have me looking at my boobs!! I didn't know that was a sign! I have some too.....what does that mean? I am probably wishful thinking now but I have about 4-5 big blue veins going to my what she said ( auroles spell? )) they are protruding.....and another thing, my boobs AREN'T sore.... AF was supposed to start today and my PMS symptoms aren't around, tiredness ( I have fibroids it wipes me out ), headaches, I break out and I get real bitchy..and my boobs get REALLY sore...my husband point that out to me, said usually he can't touch them a week before my period...ok, I was a little bitchy yesterday but the other symptoms, nada....I had tons of energy today....and another thing my SIL and I have had the SAME cycle for years.....her's finished last week....mine is ( what I think is today, but I've never paid attention to it really )

I"M SO SORRY MyZymurgy, I don't mean to jump into your forum and ask these questions.....I just got excited about the boobs, I had no idea that was a sign.....I am pretty dumb!

Dana
#6 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 AM

Yep, probably a pretty good sign! Means the blood's flowing where you're gonna be needin' it! I don't remember it particularly when I got my BFP but my breasts have looked like that for awhile now since DD is still nursing. The only other time I've noticed it pre-pg was one time on a super hot day...but they also were very distinct on my side on my rib cage.

: Sounds pretty good! When will you test again??

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#7 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

TRyingfor#3 - Feel free to ask any questions you want here! I'm glad my boob post got you all excited!

So this morning my veins seem less prominent, but I wonder if it was because I sleep on my stomach. They are sort of coming back in now that I am up. I feel really sick to my stomach this morning, but I think it is from going for several days and very little sleep.

I coulnd't really see much of anything on my aimstick test this morning. : If you hold it next to the light and tilt it just right, you can see the faintest of faint lines. But that isn't too reassuring. I thought for sure it would be darker today. Maybe I am crazy and this is all in my head.

Thanks everyone for your boob feedback! It really shocked me last night when I saw them! I am holding out hope that they are a good sign for this month.

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#8 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks MyZymurgy! I got all excited about the boobs! Well, I tracked my AF this month and looked back at the previous months.......I had NO idea how to count my cycle I always thought you counted the last day as #1 and then on....How did I get pregnant before???? I've learned so much from being on here.....I guess my cycle runs 30 days....I'm so dumb, but I'm learning....at 30 and 2 kids later you'd think I'd know my body by now....haha, no.....so today is CD29, but we did do the bd on the 22....one site said I should O on the 23 so there is still hope...I seriously DOUBT this is my month....I've said it over and over again....sigh :

OK now MyZymurgy.....I think your having some very good symptoms and your chart looks very good..( I'm still learning that but your tempts are still up and very up from the previous month )..I'm hoping you are preggo and a faint line is still a faint positive~ Good luck and I will keep checking on you!!

Dana
#9 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

I am really beginning to wonder about this month...

The boob thing... it could be caused by other this, evidently, such as fibrocystic breasts (which I have) or weight gain (which I have been ).

I really don't think my test this morning showed any hint of a line... and what I did see was probably either an evap or my imagination. Maybe the other lines were evaps.

I took my temp tonight : and it was only 98.1... seemed really low for an evening temp.

I'm just feeling bummed, I am afraid I got my hopes up too early.

<---- that is a foot in the mouth, and I've just been dying to use it.

#10 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
(OH, btw... yes, I was getting ready for bed. After I saw my boobs I told my DH that I had to run to the computer to look to see what I could find. He was like "are you going to post your boobs online?"
laughup : You totally cracked me up!!!

I am sorry that you're having to go through such a difficult 2ww. Hang in there...all is not lost.

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#11 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Amanda - he totally cracked me up too! I think the level of Internet disclosure it a bit alarming to my DH, so he is just waiting for the day that I do something really crazy like that just to get the opinion of my fellow ttc women.

Yea, I've been down today. Boobs are still sore and veiny. So I guess I got that going for me. So what will lift my spirits? More uncertain results. Ahhh... the insanity I experience every 2ww. It never gets old. (insert sarcastic emoticon here).

So I tested this evening at 6:00 pm. Very dilute urine, I had only peed about an hour prior. Within 3 minutes, a VERY faint line that looked almost pinkish to the naked eye showed up. It didn't scan too well, but here is an unaltered picture:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...unenhanced.jpg

If anyone can see that, I will be absolutely SHOCKED.

Here is a picture with the contrast adjusted so you can sort of see the line in the photo. This does such up at reading distance in real life:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...epinkADJUS.jpg

Do aimsticks just always get evaps? This is about my fourth cycle using aimsticks and I've never gotten evaps before. Can something in the chemistry of your urine cause an evap?

#12 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 PM

This is driving me crazy! : As if I don't have enough stress and jitters for my own tww, now I'm all stressed out about YOURS!

For me... get another kind of test. If it's still unclear, go to the doctor.

I can't take this.
#13 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

alexam - sorry to stress out!! You are very empathetic!

#14 of 21 Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 PM

how many DPO are you now? i can see the line on the contrasty photo... i have a feeling that you are pg. REALLY- seriously, it 's IMPOSSIBLE to get that many evaps!!
i am really really hoping for you... who knows, maybe we will be in the same DDC!

#15 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 AM

OMG, I hope you are pg, I do see a line with the contrast adjusted! Are you going to test with FMU? I will be checking as soon as I get up tomorrow!
GL Mama!
:

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#16 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Same lame barely there "line" this morning. And, yeah, this was FMU. If it was real, wouldn't it be getting darker?

Does anyone know if a person's body chemistry can effect an HPT and even give you false positives? Like I know my urine has an unusually high pH (8.5) which my doctor says is probably due to my 12+ years of being a vegetarian (my diet is close to vegan... if it weren't for ice cream. Stupid ice cream being so yummy.)

Anyway. My boob veins seem most prominent at night before I go to bed. They are less obviously when I first wake up. I have no idea what that means. Oh, and I've had some nausea in the last two days.

If these are real signs, wouldn't my tests have a good line by now????

:

#17 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 AM

A quantatative blood test would answer your question, I'm positive. I would do that if available. (Normal HCG in the system is around 2~whatever the measurement is)Good luck!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#18 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
Same lame barely there "line" this morning. And, yeah, this was FMU. If it was real, wouldn't it be getting darker?

Does anyone know if a person's body chemistry can effect an HPT and even give you false positives? Like I know my urine has an unusually high pH (8.5) which my doctor says is probably due to my 12+ years of being a vegetarian (my diet is close to vegan... if it weren't for ice cream. Stupid ice cream being so yummy.)

Anyway. My boob veins seem most prominent at night before I go to bed. They are less obviously when I first wake up. I have no idea what that means. Oh, and I've had some nausea in the last two days.

If these are real signs, wouldn't my tests have a good line by now????

:
I remember reading on POAS.com that it doesn't necessarily get darker, but a line is a line. You can't have that many evaps! Why not try a different brand of test?

#19 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Dh is running out to the store this afternoon for some Equates. But I think the aimsticks are supposed to be more sensitve.

I did also get evaps on accuclear, but I think that is fairly common. I have a post of that on the board somewhere - the one where it turned blue. The only other tests I've used is aimsticks. While this is my fourth cycle of using aimsticks, I've never gotten any sort of line of them before...

HOWEVER

I recognize the possibility that I am looking at these more closely than in previous cycles. This cycle, I really "feel" more pg than in previous cycles and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Who knows. It's so hard to not be obsessive. I try to distract myself, but I just always come back to staring at tests and staring at my chart. This has been a very unproductive week...

#20 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 PM

I now the charting stuff gets really specific and complicated, so people are pretty sure when they would expect a positive result- we just kind of went about it the "old fashioned way"- but for my son, I tested negative for TWO WEEKS past the first date of a missed period. Nothing. Nada. Not even a faint barely-there line to hang my hopes on. I was so convinced that I was just having an irregular period that I called the GYN and got progesterone to start 'er up again. And I took it! A big cycle kick-start dose! DS hung in there : . Then, when I had to take antibiotics, I decided to test just in case... and there they were: The two pink lines, clear as day.

Unfortunately, it just takes time .

(This from a woman who just took a test in the middle of the day with guests here and being only one day late! ... It was negative...).
#21 of 21 Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

alexsam - thanks for your story! It would probably benefit me if I were more laid back about things. I can't imagine being 2 weeks late and getting a BFN. I'm glad your DS 'hung on' through all of that!

DH bought me a bunch of equates today and said "now you don't have to pee on all of these at once." LOL. I did pee on one... erm, OK, two. Pretty much negative. But I can fool myself into see all kinds of lines with my trusty scanner.

So I have company coming tonight and staying for the weekend. That should keep me away from the peesticks, right?

So if you guys notice the message board is a bit quieter this weekend, it's because I'm away. So I won't be posting my nine million "Did you see this line??" posts.

Hopefully I'll have good news to share on Sunday night (when the company leaves). If not, at least I know you guys will be an awesome support when I'm bummed out over my BFN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page