40+ and TTC: it's SUMMER! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cd2 here, I am not surprised just can't wait for you know who to leave again. LOL
Piglet we will miss you.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 01:13 PM

Even though I am the main driver behind our TTC I have mixed feelings about starting over with a baby 10 years after my DS. But I have never had a chance to TTC before (my DS was 'unplanned'). So this year of trying is a gift even if there is no baby. I wonder what will happen at the end of the year if there is no baby. Do we go back to birth control? I never found a method I liked and whats the point of being married if you can't spontaneously DTD whenever you want?

I am at CD25 and don't feel like AF is coming, my cycles have been 24 to 27 days this year. I am hoping that we got the timing right and that maybe I will have a reason to POAS - haven't even gotten to that during this year AF comes so fast. I am waiting to Wednesday to POAS.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Bumping us up.

joyluc did you test?

MsGB how are you?

Still waiting to hear about those twins!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Hi Laurie,

I'm doing much better, now that my hormones have stabilized (for the time being). I'm waiting to O - probably will get a strong + OPK test tomorrow, and then will go and get my frozen swimmers for this cycle. Construction on my ceiling is underway - hopefully the whole project will be done by the end of next week. I'll be doing the painting to save $$. Went on another blind date last night - Mark - seemed nice, and hopefully we'll get together again and see where that goes.

How are you?
Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:59 PM

Hi folks, just checking in...I am CD11 and will probably start using the OPKs today or tomorrow, this will be the first month we are "serious" about trying, kwim?

How's everyone doing???
Old 07-26-2007, 12:36 AM

I didn't get to test because AF came all of a sudden. I didn't have most of my usual pre-AF moods and feelings - maybe the Vitex and B6 I started this week so I was completely surprised. It was so disappointing. And then yesterday my DH found out he didn't get the job we were hoping he would get. So it has been a crappy week. I have been TTC since the begining of the year, I know the odds aren't with me because I am 44 but it is hard to hope every month and then get let down.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:49 AM

Piglet;
We will miss you!! If you have a change of heart then please come back!
Best wishes for all that is good in the world for you.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Giving us a

So, i did my first OPK test yesterday, and today's line is DEFINITELY darker than yesterday!! I am CD 13...keeping fingers (and everything else) crossed!
How's everyone doing?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Joyluc, I'm sorry for your disappointment about AF and DH's job situation. Hopefully the +HPT will come to you soon, and DH will find the right position for work, as well.

Speedknitter, you and I are cycle buddies right now. I got my + OPK on Weds (faint) and Thurs (darker) and did an insem. on Thursday, but by my temps, it looks like Weds was my O date, so I may have missed the boat. Under these circumstances, I decided to steer clear of the progesteron supps this time. Can't take the bad moods again right now, esp. if I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Good luck to you, and hope all others are doing well.

Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 PM

I am cd 10 today gearing up to O I believe. While my saliva has chagned on the scope no clear ferning is happening yet. I am planning a BD fest for the next3-5 days.
MsGB :fingerscrossed that you still hit it right and caught that eggie.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:05 AM

Good luck to everyone in their TWW. Hope this is the month!

As I said in my last post we are 7+ months into TCC and no luck yet. When I started I knew that the odds weren't with me and part of me doesn't believe that this will happen but I couldn't not try. When we were discussing this at the end of last year my sister (who has had 3 pregnancies with IVF and other assistance) asked me what I would be willing to do if we didn't conceive the old-fashioned way. At the time I was very clear that I would accept that my time was past and move on.

But now that I have gone through months of AF regular as clockwork I am starting to think about tests and help to make sure that I am O'ing. I would love to have a darling babe. But I don't want to make the first few years of our marriage about TCC. I am not going to stop trying but temping doesn't make the egg come. This is so hard. How do you all handle these decision points?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 AM

Joyluc, I think we all fluctuate btwn being gung ho, doing everything the books say to be super fertile, and then not being sure that we should even be ttc at all, due to various life circumstances. Just "be", and allow each day to dictate how you feel and what you're willing to do (or not do) in the ttc journey. If money were no object, I'd be right there in the RE's office, doing IVF until I was successful. Unfortunately, that's not the case, so I'm hoping that G-d's plan for me includes having a biological child.

Massaginmommy, enjoy your ttc efforts this month. My acupuncturist mentioned yesterday that it is so important to have sex be loving, and not work, when ttc. Somehow the body knows when it's work, and therefore stressful, and then the body isn't as likely to allow conception b/c of the stress. Good luck!

I'm having sore BB's now, which I haven't had since Oct 06. I don't think it's from anything I did at the gym, so hopefully it's a good sign. Maybe I'll add some progesterone cream tonight and going forward, just in case.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM

Well so far our fest has included 1 very romantic dance. Maybe there will be another tonight. I have no idea if I am Oing or not. I started temping again this cycle so I am sure I will be obsessign in a few days. : MsGB
Joy Luc I think we all know exactly how you feel here.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi my name is Stacey and I've lurked here in the past. I thought you might be encouraged by my experience. I'm 44 but will be 45 in August. I'm 11 weeks along. Last week I saw the baby waving at me. I had my DD at age 39 and then in the past 3 years I've had three miscarriages. But I wasn't ready to give up and now I have a little one growing in me. I'm taking progesterone this time plus some herbs so I don't know if that's what helped or it was just a good egg this time. I didn't have problems getting pregnant, just keeping them. I still am having a hard time believing this isn't a dream, we have been wanting another baby for so long and almost gave up. So that's my story. I hope it brings hope to all of you.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HI

I am 40 and on cd3. I was here a couple times last summer in the TTC forum. My (sort of) partner (and father to my 4 year old) lives/works overseas. SO the trying will hopefully happen on his visit here (for the next 6 weeks). Circumstances (geography, relationship, and other things) have delayed my plans for growing my family! And although I don't think 40 is too old, its' definitely on my mind and worthy of its own thread (I do so believe)!

MY aunt had her third baby at 48 (or 45) and my best friends mom was in her upper 40s when she was born...so I feel I am in good company, along with the women here!

SO hello and ... an introduction, discombobulated as it is!

Cheers to all and lots of babydust!

Sara

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 AM

Welcome Sara hopefully your stay here will be a short one.

momomad thank you for sharing it is always good to hear the success stories so we keep on hanging in there.

Off to put DS in his own bed and get to snogging and then some with DH.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Welcome Sara and Stacey. Stacey - many wishes for a smooth, healthy pregnancy.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Just stopping in to say hi. Welcome Sara and Stacey

I thought I O'd about two weeks ago, maybe a little more but no sign of AF. I had slight spotting over the weekend but it's gone now and nothing. I took a pg test yesterday and it was bfn. I'm thinking I did not actually O. It's hard to know since I wasn't temping. I think it's just taking me a while to get back on track since the m/c. I just hope AF shows up soon so I don't have to go back to the doctor to figure out why it's not starting.

Good luck to everyone. I've missed you all!

Lynne

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Welcome Sara and Stacey. :

I ordered vitex tincture. I'm sure now that all my years on BCP created a hormone imbalance that has my ovaries frozen. I was hoping that weight loss would fix things (doesn't hurt) but I still have no cycles to speak of. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on Vitex.

Accupuncture is my next step. Have to discuss that expenditure with DH.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 AM

Lynne, it's good to hear from you. I hope you're doing better.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 AM

MsGB I am holding my breath for you that this is your month. Your chart is lookign good.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM

I may of screwed up this month. : On CD 21. I am only charting DTD. Since I have very little CM and temping has been impossible with the two kids and my sleep pattern.

I looked at FF and when I conceived my daughter my O CD was 14. However it says my average is 16 CD. We DTD on CD 9, 11, 12, 19 and 20. So did we miss it? :

I am really hoping this is the month because we have trips this fall. One at Thanksgiving (to St. Louis) and in December (Denver and Puerto Vallarta). So I don't want to be newly pregnant and tired and or sick. Sigh...

Also, does nursing hamper ovulation in any way?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Kat, if you O'd on 14, you should be fine. 16 is pushing it. You ought to use OPK's from around CD 12 - 16, which would help you with your BD timing (and eliminate the stress of wondering if your timing was on or off). Hopefully you O'd early and things will work out.

Laurie, my charts these past few months all look good. That's the problem! I'm trying to remain optimistic, but am also prepared that the cramps and spotting could be AF on her way. Who knows? The symptoms are the same for both PG and AF, so it's really anyone's guess. Boy, would I love to get a + hpt this weekend! Wouldn't we all?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM

MsGB. My earliest pregnancy symptom for Persephone was very sore breasts. For all four of my other kids, it was an extreme disgust at the smell of coffeee or cigarettes. I remember the breast soreness from at least Phoenix and Jeanita (my surviving dd) but Persephone totally fooled me because coffee and cigarettes smell fine and I even drank a cup and a half of coffee a few days ago.

The crankiness the day I took my hpt was probably a symptom too, but it wasn't anything new since the progesterone creme I was using to TTC made me even bitchier than the real pregnancy.

Lynne, it's good to see you back. I think about you often.

Well, we made it past the 12 week mark and there's no way I can hide this pregnancy any more. My IHSS client finally confronted me about it (she knew I was TTC and has been cheering me on but it is bittersweet because eventually she will have to fire me when i can't do my job any more; I am an employee of the state and I do not get maternity leave, nor is she likely to be able to hire a temp to fill in for me since they only pay minimum wage and no health insurance) so I just turned sideways, pulled my shirt down tight over my belly and said, "What do you think?"

All in all it went well.

Old Flame is back in my life again and should be back in my town in September. He definitely seems interested in taking on some sort of an "Uncle Dad" role. We shall see what we shall see.

Hang in there, everybody; statistically I am the least likely one of us of all to be posting as a TTC graduate, and yet nonetheless, here I am...

For you new people, I am 42, a single mama by choice, and used very low tech insem methods. The cycle Persephone was conceived, I only did two insems (one in the AM and one in the PM of the same day) and my chart was not promising at all.

Check it out:

Miracles do happen
Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 PM

Love your baby's name, Spider! That's beautiful. I didn't realize that you had gotten your +hpt at 6dpo. Makes me want to POAS right now. And I was going to wait until Sunday. Hmmm. I also didn't realize that you had so many miscarriages in the past. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I will probably say this over and over, but your pregnancy is inspiring (especially to me, since we share the single woman ttc thang). So far, I am not turned off by any foods. Just sore bb's, crampy, minimal spotting, and bits of nausea here and there (could be due to the heat/humidity). But then again, I've had many of these symptoms in recent cycles, so .... (but not all in the same cycle, at the same time). Shall I POAS? It's probably a waste of money, but... If I do, it'll be reflected on my chart tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else. I'm on a 2ww thread and there are quite a few pregnancies being reported now. Hmmmm. Maybe July is a good month for conception! Let's hope.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:10 PM

Let's hope it is. I don't know why but I feel hopeful again. So maybe one of us is going to hit it this month.
Spider thanks for checking in I love hearing your updates.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
Love your baby's name, Spider! That's beautiful. I didn't realize that you had gotten your +hpt at 6dpo.
Actually, it was 10dpo according to where I place the crosshairs; FF changed them on me and by their calculations it is physically impossible for Persephone to exist.

The joke's on them, though; I've got a huge baby belly, tons of old hpts with the test line darker than the control line, and I'm already feeling flutters.

I wrote my last post before I'd looked at your chart, and I have to agree that unless your crosshairs are as off as mine were, things are looking VERY promising!

Laurie, we do tend to affect each other's fertility; just as women in the same household tend to menstruate together, women in groups tend to get pregnant together.

Poor Jeanita had her first major pregnancy scare when Persephone was conceived! I should have warned her it was going to happen.

Anyway, Juneau and Lynne and I all got pregnant at the same time so I'm not altogether sure that we don't affect each other even in the limited contact we actually have with each other sharing our lives online on a daily or almost daily basis. I do know for a fact that my La Leche League group, which I joined because of Jeanita and stayed with the same group of women for many years, had baby booms and baby busts for younger siblings: four or five or more women would become pregnant together over a period of a month or two and then years would go by before anyone else conceived and then there would be another boom.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 AM

Well I am getting some big baby belly exposure tomorrow night Two of our Moms from our CD group are expecting this month and we are having a dual blessing shower tomorrow night. I think I will sit between them? Also there are two other mommas in our group that our pregnant.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Wow, I don't know anyone who's currently pregnant. Maybe you gals can send some pregnant vibes my way. I can use all the help I can get!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM

Good luck MsGB and Laurie. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you.

Anamom - We would love to hear from you. Please give us a quick update when you can. I've been thinking about you.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lynne

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)

User Tag List