: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Congratulations Juneau!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Juneau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stonefence; have you checked out the fertile heart website? My mind is drawing a blank but the lady whose website that is also had the high FSH problem and did go on to conceive.
(looking under my bed for the book but don't see it: )
Do keep us posted as you and I have been on the same boards all the while trying to TTC!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 AM

I see the Acupuncturist tomorrow. The one who specializes in fertility is on maternity leave right now. Since Chinese Medicine treats the whole person as one system, I figure I can't really go wrong. I suspect my liver needs some work and dietary changes will be tough (no coffee, no Chocolate, no dairy, no wheat, no soy). Fortunately it is vegetable season,and my garden is doing pretty well.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM

Oy! My Internet connection was super maddeningly slow yesterday so I couldn't post about my continuing drama. I went in for the blood draw and saw my midwife briefly, and she poo-pooed the idea that I could be pregnant, even with a HPT. She said it's still probably left over material from the last pregnancy. I did some reading when I got home and managed to convince myself that she was probably right.

I went to bed without telling dh anything and feeling extremely anxious. I prayed all night for a beta of about 200. I figure if it was doubling on schedule 200 would be about right. (Actually, now that I calculate it out, 50 would be more like it.)

Then the nurse called this morning. She said, "Well, your level is not 2, which is what we'd like to see now, if it's falling the way it should. So we'd like you to come in tomorrow and repeat the test."

I said, "What is it?" (thinking, my MW must be right, and it's somewhere between 8 and 2).

She replied, "It's 167."

!!!

So I *think* I'm right, and that I really am pregnant, but no one will believe it (including me) until it goes up substantially again. So pray for me to get through today and tomorrow and that I get the call Friday that it's doubled. 300 would suit me just fine. :
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfrog68 View Post
I've been charting my temps and have a Clear Blue Fertility monitor. For the most part I seem very regular but haven't been successful. I'm in my 2ww right now, 8 dpo. Glimmer of hope I have is that I did the bd in conjunction w/ EWCM which I had not noticed any other month. So, I'm really hoping I was successful but don't have any pregnancy symptoms.

Anyhow, to make a long question longer, was wondering what you all know about age and what is really going on. Figured if my cycle was very regular that would help quite a bit but I'm not sure it has. I breezed through the books so maybe I skipped the technical details that would answer my questions.

I've been lurking and you seem like a really supportive group of gals.
Welcome allfrog! Well, if you've been lurking, you've probably realized that we all have different challenges; that's part of what I'm learning, anyway, about TTC over 40. I TTC for five years in my 30s and only had one chemical pregnancy after IVF -- now I've been pregnant three times (I think!) in my 40s, all conceived naturally.

Lack of EWCM I think is my greatest challenge. When I noticed some this month I jumped dh, and *I think* I'm pregnant now although I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate for a few days after that.

If you'd like, link your chart in your sig or post it and we can give you some feedback. We love to peruse each other's charts! If you are cycling normally and have a decent LP (11 or more days) you're ahead of many of us. And yet, even with greater challenges, some of us have managed to get pregnant (Spider, especially, defied all the odds!).

Good luck this cycle and keep coming to chat with us.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Juneau I hope that your beta doubles and you do have a bean. My thoughts are with as you wait until Friday.

I am not charting this cycle, had to take a break. I haven't noticed any EWCM this month so not sure what is happening. Did DTD in the general timeframe that I would have O'ed just in case. I will go back to it after AF in a couple of weeks.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 08-09-2007, 04:30 PM

I want to test so bad. But I am afraid its going to be BFN. : This is 15 DPO. Thats if I O'd on the correct date. Which FF says my average is 16 days, but the month I conceived my daughter was 14 days. So I am counting on 14 because of lack of sex on the 16th CD.

What to do....what to do?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Juneau have you heard anything?

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 08-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
Juneau have you heard anything?
Well, it's been a long week! The good news is that my betas are more than doubling in 48 hours, which is great! The bad news is that my midwife then said there's a possibility that it's retained material that has grown cancerous (!) -- I find this quite a stretch but it did make me worry excessively for a night. Boy, I hate the medical profession sometimes...

I posted the whole story on the PAL thread in the March 2008 DDC; here's the one from Thursday: Juneau's angst and Friday's update.

I was up half the night and finally called her in the morning and said, "I really just need to hear you say, 'congratulations, you're pregnant.'" So she did. Then I finally felt ready to tell dh. He was out of town when I had the first beta done and by the time he came back I thought I'd just wait a day or so until I had more positive news, and things just kept getting more hairy!

So, I think the end of the story is that I think I am actually pregnant, and I had the incredible fortune to happen to go in for a blood draw on the first day that my pregnancy could be detected in bloodwork. I think it'll seem funny in a few months.

I will go in for an ultrasound sometime next week to reassure my midwife (and calm myself). But I am feeling more positive and I think things are going to be OK.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:52 AM

Wow, Juneau you have had a heck of a week. I am very excited for you though and really do feel it is all workignout just like it is supposed to. I love your DH's response when he found out, "do overs" that is priceless. Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it after this week you have gone through.
((HUGS))

Old 08-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Juneau congratulations!!! Hope this is a good sticky bean.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 08-11-2007, 05:12 PM

(((Hugs))) Juneau. I hope everything is okay. I have a good feeling everything is fine. I would think if it was a problem, your levels wouldn't have dropped so low on their own like that. It seems unlikely that they would zero and then all of a sudden increase in the same ratio you expect a healthy pg to increase. So, fingers crossed and congratulations!!! Keep us posted okay?

Lynne

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 PM

I'm no expert either, Juneau; I've never UP/UC'd before but the midwives I had with the big kids were fairly hands-off so I've never had betas.

I really do think this is a sticky bean for you, though, just going by gut instinct and what Lynne said.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:19 PM

I have never had betas either. Can you explain why they keep doing them? I opted out of every test except the normal bloodwork to check for anemia and an ultrasound at 15 weeks to look for twins. They run in both our families.

Can someone please peek at my chart. I don't know what to think of it at this point. It has been awhile since I temped and I am getting hopeful but I don't know if I should be.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Laurie - your chart looks good. You are still well above your coverline and that's great! It looks like you normally have around a 12 day lp? If so, you should be able to test in a couple days. (I have always waited until AF was late to test. ) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Lynne

Old 08-12-2007, 06:04 PM

I was looking for make up sponges this morning and guess what I found. 2 clearblue easy tests. LOL Good thing I had already peed.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM

So far, so good, Laurie. Good luck. Let us know when you POAS. Sending you lots of baby dust!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 08-12-2007, 06:10 PM

I am going to try to hold out until Weds to test. That will be 14dpo and the day that Ovusoft predicts my cycle. Weds is cycle day 27 and I have only had one 27 day cycle in the last year and a half of charting. Most of the time it is 25 days.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:15 PM

L, good luck with the wait!

Gals, I'm still struggling with my short LP. I just bought Vitex tincture and will take 20 drops / day (maybe more), plus magnesium (500-1000 mg) and more B6 than before. I was taking 100 mg/B6, but I'm going to up it to 200 mg. Anyone ever take more than that to increase your LP?

Any other suggestions? I'm sure I'll likely use progesterone after O, too, if I do an insemination. It's high time I got pregnant!!!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Cramping and bright red spotting here today. CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! : : :

I don't know if it'll do any good but I'm lying in bed trying not to move, hoping I can hold onto this little bean...

They keep doing betas because they keep wanting to see the number dropping, not increasing. And it keeps confounding them that it's going up. I was supposed to be at 0 after the miscarriage and I never hit 0 -- at least not while anyone was testing.

But I'm due for my next one tomorrow and I bet it's dropping after all. Argh. :

I'm afraid to call my midwife now for fear she'll tell me I'm finally just getting my period. But I know I'm pregnant, damnit!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Oh, Juneau. I'm sorry your cramping and spotting. I hope all is well with you and your bean. Hang in there. Breathe. I hope tomorrow's beta test shows good news.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM

I just looked up my betas on my last little one.

Age 43
CD27-BFP
CD31-112 Beta
CD37-1825

Now, dh tells me that I usually spot early. But after 9 months of pregnancy, any spotting episodes are gone from my mind.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM

Juneau, I'm so sorry you're spotting. They need to take you seriously because you definitely have hcg in your system. It's very likely an early pregnancy. Don't worry about what they think or say. You are paying them. I really, really hope your levels go up and spotting stops. (((Hugs)))

MsGB - I have never had lp problems. In fact, after having my son they increased from 14 days to 16 but I think vitex should help balance things to hopefully give you a longer lp and hopefully then you will conceive. Oh, the only other thing I have heard of to help is wild yam. You can try googling that one. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 PM

Juneau I hope everything has calmed down and that your little bean is sticking. ((hug))

Well at least I didn't have to wait around for her. showed this morning. I took my temp got out of bed and saw it did a nose dive went to potty and there she was. So today is the start pf a new cycle.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Well, much to my great surprise, I woke up still pregnant this morning. Went in for another beta first thing this morning, and progesterone too, this time.

Still spotting, but not cramping, and back to feeling a bit ooky, which I take as a good sign. But I am still a nervous wreck, and it's going to be a long day -- and a long week.

massaginmommy. I'm sorry about AF.

Ustasmom, thanks for the betas. Your post gives me hope again. I was starting to think that maybe I am too old, after all, to have another baby. But I'm 43, too.

I did call my MW yesterday, by the way, and she was very supportive.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM

whew! I am so glad to hear that Juneau keeping you in my thoughts.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 PM

massaginmommy... sorry about AF

juneau... I've been lurking the last few days hoping everything is alright with you & your little bean!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Thanks ladies. The way I fgiure better for her to show up right on time than to be a few days late and me get my hopes way up.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
Cramping and bright red spotting here today. CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! : : :

I don't know if it'll do any good but I'm lying in bed trying not to move, hoping I can hold onto this little bean...

They keep doing betas because they keep wanting to see the number dropping, not increasing. And it keeps confounding them that it's going up. I was supposed to be at 0 after the miscarriage and I never hit 0 -- at least not while anyone was testing.

But I'm due for my next one tomorrow and I bet it's dropping after all. Argh. :

I'm afraid to call my midwife now for fear she'll tell me I'm finally just getting my period. But I know I'm pregnant, damnit!
! Keep us posted.

afro.jpg
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 PM

Nicksmom, I've actually got a yam on my counter, ready for consumption. You're supposed to eat them only from AF to O, since it acts like estrogen. I'm doing the vitex, b6, a bit of magnesium (affected my tummy last night), making a healthy shake with protein powder, banana, wheatgrass, etc. Still getting acupuncture. My time will come....:

Juneau, glad to hear the bean is still implanted and growing. Laurie, sorry about AF, but it's nice to know that things are still working properly, too. Maybe we (and others) can begin the May due date club....?

User Tag List