40+ and TTC: it's SUMMER! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 325 Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck to everyone in the 2WW and congratulations MsGB that is great news. MsGB I think Vitex and B6 lengthened my cycle last month, had been 24-27 and I went to 29 days. I am waiting to O, just started OPKs. But I am also in the middle of a huge work project and my DH & I were too eager to DTD so I got an infection . Hopefully it will all clear up before I O.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
#182 of 325 Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM

First off you would think I would know this having two kids already. I am on CD 18. I feel a little off. Kind of icky. My stomach is tender as my toddler loves to push on it while nursing. Owie! So I don't know if its a hopeful sign or all in my head.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#183 of 325 Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 AM

Susan that is very cool. I am sure a trip there would be very educational. I have a friend who adopted two girls from China about 2 years apart.

MsGB glad your lp has lengthened. Mine is fine I jsut need more EWCM I usually start Robustussin and green tea wonce flo is gone adn keep it up until I know I o'd. Joyluc it is not the length of your cycle that matters but the length of time after O until Aunt Flo arrives. They say 10 days is good for sustaining a pregnancy. Anything less than that and it could mean no implantation.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#184 of 325 Old 08-30-2007, 02:43 PM

Hi Ladies...I think I would like to join all of you.

I conceived and had my DS at the age of 43. I'll be turning 44 in November.

After my DS was born I said that was it, no more kiddos...it was a really hard pg w/ a lot of physical and emotional complications. But watching my DS and considering him being another only child (I have a 17yo DD as well) hasn't been sitting well with me. My DH & I said if it happens it happens. We just lost a baby this month and I'm actually still m/c .

We'll be waiting at least a cycle then trying again.

Glad there is a thread for us mature mamas.
#185 of 325 Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Hi Anita and welcome!!! I am so sorry to hear you are going through a m/c but glad you have joined us and plan to continue trying. What day in November is your birthday? I will be 44 in November also. We also at first thought we would stop with just one but just seems like its at least worth a try to give Julie a sibling. Fortunately I had a fairly easy pregnancy, with little complications except breech baby at 37 weeks. The doc did an external version to flip her over and she stayed head down for a nice, "textbook" vaginal natural delivery.

DH returns from China tomorrow morning then 1 week to wait and see if anything "sticks" this month.
#186 of 325 Old 08-30-2007, 10:12 PM

Welcome, Anita. So sorry to hear about your m/c. Hopefully you'll have a successful pregnancy soon.

I'm off to Boston tomorrow to try and find a roommate share situation. Just rented my place here in Portland to a wonderful woman and her husband, who will only be here on occasion due to jobs in different cities (he's still living and working in Western Massachusetts). I am so psyched about having rented my place (well, I've only received a security deposit, but still....we should be signing the lease after the holiday weekend) that I feel like I'm on cloud 9 right now. Hopefully I'll be equally as lucky tomorrow in Boston. Perhaps the stars are aligned in my corner for the forseeable future. I have certainly had my share of challenges these past several months.

It would be amazing if we started having even more pregnancy success stories here.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#187 of 325 Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM

Hi soccermom, I will be 44 in November too (the 20th). I think we were in the DDC together (April 08? I've been in two this summer so I can't remember who was in which one...). I was diagnosed with a ruptured ectopic pregnancy on the 16th. Ugh. I'm sorry you're still going through a miscarriage. I finally stopped bleeding a few days ago. (Also I used to live in San Diego -- now in Ohio).

Speedknitter, when is your November birthday? We'll have to have a virtual birthday bash!

MsGoodBuns, I'm so happy to hear of such a rush of happy news from your corner of the world. I hope you spread some good fortune dust around on all of us -- we could sure use it!

I was supposed to have my followup appointment with my doc today but he was at the hospital and didn't show. I have a page full of questions to ask, especially, "When can I TTC again?" But now I will have to wait two weeks to try to see him again. I think he's going to tell me I have to wait three months and I want to ask what are the risks if I don't...
#188 of 325 Old 08-31-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
Speedknitter, when is your November birthday? We'll have to have a virtual birthday bash!
My B-day is Nov 21st...others?
#189 of 325 Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknitter View Post
My B-day is Nov 21st...others?
Mine is Nov. 18th:

afro.jpg
#190 of 325 Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Bump, bump. MsGoodBuns how exciting you are moving to Boston, I have always loved that city and even more now because I met my DH there 2 summers ago.

Happy holiday (and more important long weekend to you all)!!

This cycle I am using OPKs to try to time our BD. On CD11 I did the test and forgot and we went out to dinner, when I got back an hour+ later the lines were the same color - the first time that has ever happened with OPKs. So we DTD but I think it was probably a false + because it was so long. So stilll doing OPKs to try to catch this cycle's O if there is one. My annual exam appointment is Wednesday, will talk with her about an RE referral.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
#191 of 325 Old 09-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Hi everyone hope you are all having a great long weekend. DH is still gone until next Monday. I am in the 2ww and have less than a week to wait. Depending on which charting software you go by I am either 8 or 10 dpo I am leaning more towards the 10 dpo. I think af is due Friday either way. I am going to hold off on testing until Monday the 10th. I have clear Blue easy digital and I hate to waste those tests.

#192 of 325 Old 09-03-2007, 04:13 AM

Hello!! I'm new to this thread and TTC #2. September will be the first month I'm actually REALLY trying. I'm 42 1/2 and had my first DS at 40. The first time I conceived on my 40th birthday. What a great surprise that was for us. I'm hoping to be as lucky this time. It's great to be here...

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#193 of 325 Old 09-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Welcome lovebeingamommy I found out I was pregnant with my son the day before I turned 39 that was 5 years ago and we were surprised too. Best wishes on your TTC journey. This group of ladies is great. Very supportive and full of information to help.

#194 of 325 Old 09-03-2007, 05:06 PM

So today is CD22 (either 9 or 11 dpo). I have been a little crampy today and my Boobs are suddenly sore. I really try to ignore symptoms but to have my boobs be sore suddenly on this day is weird. Af is due on Friday usually if I get sore breasts it is before now and then they leave a day or two before af. Let's just say I am hopeful.

Oh and I have lost 8.5 pounds in the last month or so. that makes me happy too.

#195 of 325 Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM

We are talking about November B-Days? Mine is November 4th.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#196 of 325 Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Cause...........I got this today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture135.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture132.jpg

So I guess I have an answer to my queasiness and bloating.

I am only CD 25 too! Its hard to tell but the line is actually pretty dark.

#197 of 325 Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 AM

anne that is fantastic. : Pop in every now and then to give us updates. We love updates.

#198 of 325 Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 AM

How many dpo are you? I got another high temp this morning I am hoping they stay up there.
Anne, what did you do different this cycle? Give us your tips.

#199 of 325 Old 09-04-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
How many dpo are you? I got another high temp this morning I am hoping they stay up there.
Anne, what did you do different this cycle? Give us your tips.

I am CD 25. My avergage ovulation date is day CD 16. But I O'd on day 14 with my daughter. So this could be DPO 11.

We DTD 6 times in 8 days around the date I thought I would ovulate. I made up my mind this was the month we were going to give it our all.
We have a trip in November and another in December and I didn't want to be in very early stages of pregnancy at those times.

#200 of 325 Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 AM

My husband would love that.

#201 of 325 Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 AM

I think my husband would be more proud of himself if it was 8 times in 6 days. But Hey, it did the trick.

#202 of 325 Old 09-05-2007, 06:33 PM

So according to Fertility Friend I am 13dpo on cd24 and according to Ovusoft I am cd24 on 11dpo. Either could be right but I am leaning more with the FF chart because of my body signs. So I don't go longer than 14dpo without AF which would be tomorrow. My temps so far as still up and my boobs are still sore. No major breakouts or headache or moodswings. In fact for the most part I have been pretty melllow. I am ravenously hungry today. Still hopeful. I am not plannign to poas until Saturday. I would be late by then and either 17dpo or 15dpo
Okay lets everyone hold their breath and send me some

#203 of 325 Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
So according to Fertility Friend I am 13dpo on cd24 and according to Ovusoft I am cd24 on 11dpo. Either could be right but I am leaning more with the FF chart because of my body signs. So I don't go longer than 14dpo without AF which would be tomorrow. My temps so far as still up and my boobs are still sore. No major breakouts or headache or moodswings. In fact for the most part I have been pretty melllow. I am ravenously hungry today. Still hopeful. I am not plannign to poas until Saturday. I would be late by then and either 17dpo or 15dpo
Okay lets everyone hold their breath and send me some
Laurie, I think i will poas with you on Saturday also, I will be 1 day late at that point. No symptoms yet but also not getting my normal PMS symptoms, especially the headache I get 2-3 days prior
#204 of 325 Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Oh good it is always nice to have a pee buddy. Now if I can just remember not to pee first thing in the morning while half asleep without catching it. I will put a cup right next to the toilet.

#205 of 325 Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Well my temperature took a huge nose dive this morning. So I am probably out.

#206 of 325 Old 09-06-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Congratulations KatWrangler!!! How exciting.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. I still haven't gotten AF since the m/c in August. I will wait at least 1-2 cycles. Also DH and I are going through some stuff right now, so it's not the best time.

Hey, where can I find out what all the acronyms in this forum mean? I've been on MDC for awhile and get most of them, but these are all foreign to me :

November birthdays... Mine is November 10th Wow we have a lot of scorpios in our little thread.
#207 of 325 Old 09-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Forgot to ask, does anyone use herbal teas to help with fertility?

I'm referring to the ones that Wise Woman Heral and Aviva Jill Romm suggest. IE: red clover, nettle, red rasberry leaves etc.
#208 of 325 Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 AM

Did you see Halle Berry is pregnant at age 41? WooHoo let's hear it for older Mommas

#209 of 325 Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM

AF arrived this morning.

#210 of 325 Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 PM

Laurie, I don't think I'll be poas this weekend either...had a headache since yesterday and some bad cramps yesterday morning, so I'm expecting AF any minute now, and today would be exactly CD 28 which is my norm.

Let's hear it for June due dates!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page