spotting during ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are TTC, and ovulation *should* be happening around today. But there here I am on day #2 of spotting. Not light spotting, but good amount spotting. Seems to be mostly gone now, but yesterday afternoon and today was for sure there. And mostly dark.

I know this can sometimes happen with ovulation, and my OB says it's a sign of good fertility, but does anyone have any experience with this? Been doing OPT's and hasn't shown up as positive yet...but it should have, yeah? I only start doing the tests on Tuesday though, out of town prior to that. COuld I have O'ed on Monday or over weekend and just now started spotting?
#2 of 6 Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 PM

I've never had personal experience with spotting around O time, but I do remember reading (either in TCOYF or online at FF) that spotting during O was actually a really positive thing and can mean you are very fertile at the time.

Better hit the sack just to be sure!!!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#3 of 6 Old 07-20-2007, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

So I'm fertile NOW? I do need to brush op on my TCOYF book!!
And if we BD'ed two days ago, that could count towards something?

Sounds lame, because I know i know that my body is more sophisticated than that, but I feel like the spotting is *washing away* any egg or teeny-embryo. silly?
#4 of 6 Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 AM

Spotting won't wash it away any more then getting a lot of CM would wash it away.

If you had sex 2 days before you and you have fertile CM, you could have very well caught the egg!! Spermies can live in fertile CM for up to five days (give or take) to wait for the egg to show up to the party. So, your timing wasn't too bad!

Good luck!!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#5 of 6 Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 AM

I just looked up this exact thing on the net. Ive never had this kind of spotting around O time.

On beyondfertility.com it says...<< spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as “spotting”. Or, during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of “spotting.”>>

I also read it happens just prior to ovulation when there is a sudden drop in estrogen, and it tends to happen to women with longer cycles..which is true for me!

Hope this is good news for us!
#6 of 6 Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM

No worries.
I'm an O spotter. I have been for about a year. I usually get the rusty or pink CM during O for a day or two. (Sorry if TMI) This month I experienced a heavier and longer spotting during O. But I'm fine.
It happens. Consider it a good sign.
If you are super worried go see a doctor.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page